00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - July

33,328 Views | 504 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 12:44:39

At 7/25/06 12:05 PM, dj_padman1 wrote: bah, gahhh...are judges meant to remain anonymous!?

zaahh...

OMG UR NOT A JUDGE ANYM0R3!!!11 >:(

Just kidding, its not THAT important.
Everyone who have voulenteered/been asked to judge have (hopefully) recieved a PM about how basic juding will be, this should include you, dj_padman1.
However, if you wish to compete, you wont be able to judge and vice versa.

There are a number of reasons why I prefer the judges to stay as anonymus as possible until the contest is over, when full credit will be given for the judges, of course!

As for you dj_padman1 you must decide wethere you wish to judge or not. This goes for everyone . I will decide within a day or two who will judge. If you decide against judging, you won´t be in the "judge lineup" at all, if you decide you wish to judge, you will have to wait and see if you get to. Same goes for everyone, well, probably except the few amount of people I have actually requested I want to judge :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 13:45:45

I am in no place to judge currently because I can't really listen to any music because the computers I manage to get on I can't do what I want to on them xD. But I'm still in the contest and I'm working on getting Chaoz_of_Yakuza to give me the permission on this thread. But If I can't I will send the flp's to show the complete difference on my remake of his song (As if you couldn't hear it) but if necessary I will. And I will send the necessary VST if you do not have it Rucklo =)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 13:53:30

At 7/25/06 01:45 PM, -OCON- wrote: I am in no place to judge currently because I can't really listen to any music because the computers I manage to get on I can't do what I want to on them xD. But I'm still in the contest and I'm working on getting Chaoz_of_Yakuza to give me the permission on this thread. But If I can't I will send the flp's to show the complete difference on my remake of his song (As if you couldn't hear it) but if necessary I will. And I will send the necessary VST if you do not have it Rucklo =)

Don´t sweat it man, it´s not THAT important.
However, if you would win, then it would be nice to get an "ok" signal from C_o_Y. Just tell him to say it´s "OK" in this thread, and there´s nothing to worry about. no stress. Theres really nothing to worry about at this point even :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 13:55:05

Don´t sweat it man, it´s not THAT important.
However, if you would win, then it would be nice to get an "ok" signal from C_o_Y. Just tell him to say it´s "OK" in this thread, and there´s nothing to worry about. no stress. Theres really nothing to worry about at this point even :)

Hah, that's a really big however XD

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 13:58:41

Hey Rucklagon, is there anyway we could get an updated list? I wanna start checking out all of the songs and leave reviews and such...

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 14:26:12

At 7/25/06 02:12 PM, Deflektor76 wrote:
At 7/25/06 01:58 PM, AdmiralConquistador wrote: Hey Rucklagon, is there anyway we could get an updated list? I wanna start checking out all of the songs and leave reviews and such...
Lol,Rucklagon!I Love that name!

teehee I didn't make it up though. Rucklagon, or maybe Chronagon did. Hey Deflektor, remember I asked you to guess what I had in my hands? FRENCH TITS! *squeezes your nip nips*

I'm a terrible terrible person, I know this so feel free to let me know as well. XC

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 14:52:37

It's awesome that this contest is actually coming together good =)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 14:57:42

There´s an update on previous page, only two submissions (uh, three with nightvisions sub. wich slipped out by some reason :) added on this update, and a few genre thingies or whatever bla bla.

Contest entries so far;

Darkkloud - Misantropia
Heavy Metal-Black Death

Dj_Fanta5t1c - Bass Force (Short Mix)
Techno

Syntrus - Hypoallergenic Slime
Techno

Deflektor76 - Contest song
Classical

MusicalRocky - Introduction, Rondo et Scherzo
Classical

Metaljonus - Forbidden Love-Metaljonus
Miscellaneous

-OCON- - Crying for Love (Remix)
Trance

Love_Hate_War - Broken Wings Part 1
Heavy Metal - Metal

SoulStrings - _-/|While Heaven Burns
Classical

nightvision - Each Step
Trance

AmeerThePrince - Real Folk Blues
Blues

Watercolour - Cocaine
Ambient - IDM, ambient, industrial

Grumbleduke - Dryad Whispers
Classical

Simon_F - Ballade no.1 in F minor
Classical

Kaija - Hear My Prayer
Ambient

VegetarianMeat - Peaceful Crimson
Ambient

cat_bastards - Diarrhea Of Death
Heavy Metal

DarKsidE_555 - *+ *...Frozen...*+ *
Heavy Metal - Metal

Realmguys - Star Stealing Girl CC
Video Game

§Arbiter§ - Dark Winds
Classical

AdmiralConquistador - Beyond Repair
House

dj_padman - Berzerker
Drum N Bass

That´s 22 contestants! This is getting better all the time lolol.

IF PLEASE CHECK YOUR ENTRY AND VERIFY EVERYTINH IS IN ORDER WITH THE RIGHT SONG, THE RIGHT LINK AND THE RIGHT GENRE. IF YOU WISH TO SUB-GENRE YOUR SONG, JUST MAKE A POST IN THIS THREAD ABOUT IT!

lolcaps
RucklagonX9 went away, he´s currently on a looong trip, treating his alcohol-needs.
At 7/25/06 01:55 PM, -OCON- wrote: Hah, that's a really big however XD

Just take this for what it is, it´s a small contest thingie on a small forum, thats really all. You´ll get ur submission judged and all, no worries. :)

But it´s starting to get really interesting now tho :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 15:05:49

There's only 2 trance songs O_O

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 15:19:37

At 7/25/06 03:05 PM, -OCON- wrote: There's only 2 trance songs O_O

trance, techno, dnb, house.... whatever, it all sounds teh same to me >:(

LOL (for the stone-headed, that was a joke...)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 15:24:19

At 7/25/06 03:19 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 7/25/06 03:05 PM, -OCON- wrote: There's only 2 trance songs O_O
trance, techno, dnb, house.... whatever, it all sounds teh same to me >:(

LOL (for the stone-headed, that was a joke...)

lol

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 15:34:14

my birthday is july 30th, so if i do well in mac06 i will be ever so pleased :) if i come last though, IT WILL RUIN MY BIRTHDAY!!! Lol joking. Good luck everyone!!!

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 15:44:03

Not to bring (yo bling blign) you down or anything, but the contest entries are closed when the 31 is over... :(

sry i shouldnt have said that :(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 16:04:24

At 7/25/06 03:44 PM, Rucklo wrote: Not to bring (yo bling blign) you down or anything, but the contest entries are closed when the 31 is over... :(

sry i shouldnt have said that :(

This means hurry up if you want to enter, no reason to be sorry though rucklo...

(I just pointed out the obvious >_<)

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 16:07:35

At 7/25/06 04:04 PM, -OCON- wrote:
(I just pointed out the obvious >_<)

lol at being obvious :D gotta love that stuff! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 16:52:02

yo,
just checking in, my submition will be up as soon as LJC returns from vacation.
and djpadman should judge, otherwise he's gonna beat all our arses.
;ped

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 17:32:48

At 7/25/06 04:52 PM, PedroMancuso wrote: my submition will be up as soon as LJC returns from vacation.

huh? :D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 17:36:34

At 7/25/06 05:32 PM, LJCoffee wrote:
At 7/25/06 04:52 PM, PedroMancuso wrote: my submition will be up as soon as LJC returns from vacation.

shutup and rest, youre on vacation >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 17:38:58

hope you had fun xD

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 18:28:10

lol,
yeh i used a sample set i took from genre invasion, hope u don't mind, if u do contact a admin and get them to remove my MAC entry - http://www.newground..377609&sub=56829 - The Nasty Nice Fairy

the sampleset fades in at about 30secs under the sax.

i had a lot of fun with this. Is about a curious little creature that lives in the shed at the end of my garden. he comes out at night and injects skitzoid breakbeats into childrens dreams. i managed to lure him out to do vox for the middle section but only with the promise that he could watch all of the back to the future movies and eat weetos out of the packet. he's insatiable. Put your tongue firmly in your cheek and take a dance with him.

;ped

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 18:58:38

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 20:06:16

Im the only blues, I feel special. ^^

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 21:23:00

My submission ! -

HM - TranceMasta

hopefully im not too late! i just got back from cruise!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 21:55:12

At 7/25/06 09:23 PM, HouseMasta wrote: My submission ! -

HM - TranceMasta

hopefully im not too late! i just got back from cruise!

Not late at all my good friend, anytime before August is fine! Good luck!

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-25 23:51:16

My submission:

(\/) Impossible (\/)

click my sig pic

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-26 00:36:26

Are there going to be trance-creating judges assigned to trance-submitting contestants, and the same with DnB, techno, etc.?

Just so at least we can have appropriate judges if we cannot have catagorized winners (and if we are going to have catagorized winners, then perhaps you could aslo choose a 'best overall' submission).

Don't worry a bit if it sounds too complicated. I understand that this is meant to be simple to see if it runs smoothly, i'm sure everyone would appreciate it though.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-26 09:25:00

At the moment there´s only one open category, wich means that yes, we are putting Classic songs up versus Trance, for example.
It could be possible to bunch up "electronic" songs and stuff, but I don´t think there are enough contestants to make it that interesting... If categorising up the contest now evereybody would be more or less alone in their genre, meaning everybody´s a winner, hooraaay.... Perhaps that´s fun for 9 years old, but i doubt even people that age would find it that interesting.

However, there might be a one(or two)-genre-only contest one month, we´ll see :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-26 10:02:34

Can you make my song count for trance? I put it under techno but it actually is a hybrid of Techno and Trance.

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-26 11:53:41

At 7/26/06 10:02 AM, Haiasi wrote: Can you make my song count for trance? I put it under techno but it actually is a hybrid of Techno and Trance.

sure thing. I will put it as trance for "subgenre", since the first genre shows where it´s actually submitted.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - July 2006-07-26 13:31:01

Hello everyone, I am back. This contest is a great idea! Props to you Rucklo. *smacks him with a crowbar* (I was about to do "punch", but then I noticed you had a phatty boxing glove on).

My contest submission:
Valiant X

Category is Video Game. This is the full version of my Valiant melody that I have come to adore. It is one of my oldest songs, and most of you older guys will recognize it. You'll see several versions of it on my page, but since there are so many new people here since I left, it will probably be the first time hearing it for most of you. This is actually one of the first songs I ever made, and I still think it is one of my best melodies. Please enjoy!