00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

402,136 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 10:23:10

I haven't seen any old shows except 5 minutes of 'The Green Death.'

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 10:56:34

At 4/19/08 07:41 PM, TheMaster wrote: Unlikely, since there's that "Doctor-lite" episode to come which will be the 3 companions bickering in the TARDIS for 45 minutes. Oh joy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That just about sums up my reaction.

Anyway, last night's episode continued the current series tradition of being bland and mediocre while trying to get a few giggles from any 3 year olds that may be watching.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 11:53:01

At 4/20/08 10:23 AM, joza1 wrote: I haven't seen any old shows except 5 minutes of 'The Green Death.'

The Green Death is quality, the Jon Pertwee episodes with Jo as his companion are probably the best in the entire series.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-20 18:08:32

Well I liked the ood episode. The supporting characters brought it down but the creativeness of the ood made it for me. I love how they hold their brains in their hands.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-23 11:44:14

At 4/13/08 07:55 AM, Sticky wrote: F***. You.

Christ. I only meant to ask if they'd said why the Cybermen were there.

Also, have now got 8 or nine DVDs. Any DVD announcements?

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-23 12:56:21

At 4/23/08 11:44 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Also, have now got 8 or nine DVDs. Any DVD announcements?

Not much. Invasion of Time is out on the 5th, both by itself and part of a Sontaran box set with The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment and The Two Doctors. Waiting to see if the box is all 4 individual DVDs bound together, or a posh one like the Davros collection, before I order it.

There's a K9 box set out in June, too, with The Invisible Enemy and the pilot of K9 and Company.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-24 04:05:22

At 4/23/08 12:56 PM, TheMaster wrote: Not much. Invasion of Time is out on the 5th, both by itself and part of a Sontaran box set with The Time Warrior, The Sontaran Experiment and The Two Doctors. There's a K9 box set out in June, too, with The Invisible Enemy and the pilot of K9 and Company.

Might be worth a look I suppose. however if they show K9 and Co I'm not so sure.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-26 00:03:32

Can i join this crew? I'm a pretty big fan of Doctor Who and i just got down watching the episode that was on tonight,the partners in crime episode im a little confused with the end but i think it was still a good episode.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-26 14:06:10

United Intelligence Taskforce? Get fucked, it's United Nations Intelligence Taskforce.

Best episode of the season so far, although I've no doubt Moffat's two parter later on will be better.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-26 14:08:11

At 4/26/08 02:06 PM, TheMaster wrote: United Intelligence Taskforce?

*Unified

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 02:16:02

Well this season's been a fucking dissapointment. That one was okay, but not nearly interesting enough for me. At least part two seems a lot better.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 08:29:32

At 4/26/08 02:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Unified Intelligence Taskforce?

Yeah because the UN don't want to be associated with the show anymore. Still, you'd think they would make up a new word for the N.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 12:44:18

At 4/28/08 08:29 AM, Sticky wrote:
At 4/26/08 02:08 PM, TheMaster wrote: Unified Intelligence Taskforce?
Yeah because the UN don't want to be associated with the show anymore. Still, you'd think they would make up a new word for the N.

I liked it better when they just called it UNIT. At least then you could pretend it was still United Nations Intelligence Taskforce.

This means whoever's in charge won't be able to phone Geneva anymore D:

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 15:05:38

The ending was rubbish .The Sontarans were pretty cool though.

Eternal spam ally of christmasraptor.

The secret to the universe revealed! Madness Combat Crew!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 15:24:05

Let's have discussion about something other than whatever episode was on last for a change.

What's everyone's favourite season/period of the show? For me it's the 3rd Doctor and Jo Grant episodes, from season 8 to season 10, because Jo's more or less the best companion, Pertwee is one of the best Doctors, I can never decided between him and Troughton for best, and The Master is in loads of episodes.

The only episode I didn't really like from that era was Carnival of Monsters, since it was a bit ridiculous even for Doctor Who, but there's loads of quality episodes like The Daemons, The Curse of Peladon and The Three Doctors, to name a few.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-28 18:35:07

At 4/28/08 03:24 PM, TheMaster wrote: Let's have discussion about something other than whatever episode was on last for a change.

What's everyone's favourite season/period of the show?

Series 4, Tenth Doctor. Gee last week's episode was swell.

Seriously though it's hard to really pick on for me since I've only seen the new series and the first doctor's serials. I much liked the very first series though. Ian and Barbara were awesome companions I thought and Susan was hilarious. "Arh! My ankle!"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-29 16:52:18

Gallifrey One reports that a Torchwood radio drama will be on Radio 4 this summer.

Might be worth a listen if it'll fill in plot holes or bridge to the next series or something, but otherwise I think I'd give it a miss.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-30 16:39:45

More DVDs on the way:

The Brain of Morbius: July 21

The Trial of a Time Lord box set: August 18

Four To Doomsday: September 15

The War Machines: October 13

Battlefield: November 17

FUCK YEAH THE WAR MACHINES. Battlefield and Trial of a Time Lord sound good, too. Battlefied because it has Lethbridge-Stewart, and Trial because the plot sounds decent, even though I can't stand Colin Baker.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-04-30 18:14:37

At 4/30/08 04:39 PM, TheMaster wrote: Trial of a Time Lord sound good, too.

I saw it a long time ago and I thought it was good then. I remember Sabalom Glitz being an interesting character. I can't quite remember how it ended everything though and the small amounts that I do remember make me think, "what the hell?".

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-01 11:12:00

At 5/1/08 08:41 AM, Scribblytriangle wrote: ^^ I agree with pretty much everything you said. Especially the episode with spliced in black and white lost footage. Which was that again?

"The Three Doctors" has footage from old episodes, if that's what you mean, but if you mean episodes that only exist in black and white, since the colour footage is lost, then it could be a few of them. Planet of the Daleks springs to mind, and I'm sure there's a few more.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 11:23:32

UKTV Drama is showing Tom Baker episodes at Ridiculous O'Clock.

Saturday 5:25AM BST "Horror Of Fang Rock" pt 2
Sunday 5:30AM BST "Horror Of Fang Rock" pt 3
Friday 5:20AM BST "Horror Of Fang Rock" pt 4
Classic Season 15, Episodes 2 through 4. Doctor: Tom Baker.
11 May 5:20AM BST "Image Of The Fendahl" pt 1 (The Invisible Enemy is skipped)
14 May 5:15AM BST "Image Of The Fendahl" pt 2
17 May 5:15AM BST "Image Of The Fendahl" pt 3
18 May 5:15AM BST "Image Of The Fendahl" pt 4
20 May 5:10AM BST "The Sun Makers" pt 1
21 May 5:15AM BST "The Sun Makers" pt 2
23 May 5:35AM BST "The Sun Makers" pt 3
24 May 5:35AM BST "The Sun Makers" pt 4
28 May 5:35AM BST "Underworld" pt 1
29 May 5:30AM BST "Underworld" pt 2
31 May 5:15AM BST "Underworld" pt 3
1 June 5:25AM BST "Underworld" pt 4

I'll watch them all, apart from Horror of Fang Rock, which I've seen.

Information from here, it's published weekly and has dates and times for every Doctor Who showing, classic and new, from pretty much everywhere in the world.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 13:58:11

Ohshit forgot it was on. I'll have to see if my dad taped it, and if not I'll just get it off TheBox.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 14:06:37

After watching that episode all I could feel was the bitter tang of dissappointment.

It got everyone hyped up for a regeneration and then some faceless stock character that nobody knows dies instead.

I can honestly say that the teaser for The Doctor's Daughter had me more excited than the whole episode.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 14:21:18

At 5/3/08 02:06 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: After watching that episode all I could feel was the bitter tang of dissappointment.

The tacky "emotional" scenes with Donna and her family were really annoying -.-

down on the upside

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 14:51:49

At 5/3/08 02:21 PM, Randominator wrote:
At 5/3/08 02:06 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote: After watching that episode all I could feel was the bitter tang of dissappointment.
The tacky "emotional" scenes with Donna and her family were really annoying -.-

And unneccessary,

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 16:26:50

Watched it. Decent episode, but loved the references to past episodes. There was the obvious one with the Valiant, but did everyone catch the one to The Empty Child when The Doctor had the gas mask on?

Also, "Sir Alastair". Looks like the Brig got knighted.

SPOILERS:
On The Doctor's daughter, it been said she's actually a sort of clone, not his daughter in the traditional sense. That's not been confirmed by the BBC, obviously, but all the other Gallifrey One spoilers have been accurate. She seemed pretty ace either way, though. Very River Tam.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-03 16:50:40

I thought that the clever guy sacrificing himself was an obvious move. Most doctor who episodes end up with some sort of morale balance. And like they'd kill the doctor off now anyway.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-04 07:25:00

At 5/3/08 10:49 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: The Doctor's daughter had me thinking. The first episodes had the Doctor's grand daughter but I've barely watched the original episodes so I don't know an awful lot.

Susan. Only relative he's been shown to have. Apparently the books and that go with some ridiculous story where she's not really his granddaughter, but they're not canon.

"A later script editor, Andrew Cartmel, had another explanation of Susan's origins. This account, part of the "Cartmel Masterplan", was not used in the programme, but was used as background for several of the Virgin New Adventures novels, most notably Lungbarrow by Marc Platt. In this version, Susan is the granddaughter of the mysterious Gallifreyan founder known as the Other, who may have been reincarnated as the Doctor. The Doctor had travelled back to the dawn of Time Lord civilisation and rescued Susan, who recognised him as her grandfather. The Doctor did not initially recognise her, but knew that this was somehow true. This version of Susan's origins is reflected in many other Doctor Who spin-offs."

Obviously, it's not canon until it's referenced within the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-04 09:11:04

Wow. The Doctor's daughter is one hell of a fox! You can tell she's still on her first regeneration.

Or if The Doctor is anything to go by, last.

I know she won't but it'd be cool if she had one of those Time Lord names.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2008-05-04 11:39:28

At 5/4/08 09:11 AM, Sticky wrote: I know she won't but it'd be cool if she had one of those Time Lord names.

Most Time Lords don't have those names that are titles, if that's what you're talking about. Just The Doctor and The Master. All the other ones have proper names, or at least proper sci-fi names like Romanadvoratrelundar, Borusa and Goth. There's a few "in between" ones like The Rani and The Meddling Monk that aren't titles or names.

BBS Signature