00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

401,493 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-09 16:13:35

My favorite companion is probably Rose. But I haven't seen much of the old series. Sarah Jane Smith is cool, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-09 18:32:27

Official 100% Medically Accurate (TV Only) Companion Power Rankings

1. Leela
2. Ace
3. Jaime
4. Romana II
5. Ian
6. Sarah
7. Harry
8. Wilf
9. Zoe
10. Jo

The Brigadier, Yates and Benton don't count.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-09 18:36:46

At 7/9/13 06:32 PM, TheMaster wrote: Official 100% Medically Accurate (TV Only) Companion Power Rankings

1. Leela
2. Ace
3. Jaime
4. Romana II
5. Ian
6. Sarah
7. Harry
8. Wilf
9. Zoe
10. Jo

I'm perfectly fine with this list as long as you switch Leela and Jamie, Ace and Romana II, and Jo with Steven.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-10 18:50:51

At 7/9/13 04:13 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: My favorite companion is probably Rose. But I haven't seen much of the old series. Sarah Jane Smith is cool, though.

I tend to have a hard time deciding my favourite companion from the modern series but I can easily say my least favourite is Clara. I really hate how they made her character to be the one to save The Doctor throughout his entire life. As for companions from the classic series, although I've only covered half of season 1, one Patrick Troughton era story and seasons 12-15 (currently going through The Key to Time), my favourite companion so far is Leela. I really like that she has her own instincts for her adventures with The Doctor even if he didn't approve of her actions all the time. I would like to get back to watching the William Hartnell era as I find Susan, Ian and Barbara to be a good companion group.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-11 19:22:14

At 7/9/13 06:36 PM, Oolaph wrote: I'm perfectly fine with this list as long as you switch Leela and Jamie, Ace and Romana II, and Jo with Steven.

I'll fight anyone who doesn't put Leela at number one.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-11 19:27:45

At 7/11/13 07:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'll fight anyone who doesn't put Leela at number one.

You're cruisin' for a bruisin', buddy.

Doctor Who Crew

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-13 12:25:04

At 7/11/13 07:22 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/9/13 06:36 PM, Oolaph wrote: I'm perfectly fine with this list as long as you switch Leela and Jamie, Ace and Romana II, and Jo with Steven.
I'll fight anyone who doesn't put Leela at number one.

I suppose I made the right call by starting my dedicated watch through with Tom Baker era. My only problem with where I've made this dedication here is how by the end of Logopolis do I either go with Jon Pertwee era or move ahead to Peter Davison? I want to go for Peter Davison next since he follows Tom Baker but on the other hand Pertwee has The Master season and I really want to see what Roger Delgado as The Master is like.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 04:17:55

Being a Hartnell fan is hard, there are no dvd's of anything anywhere.

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 04:30:37

At 7/23/13 04:17 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote: Being a Hartnell fan is hard, there are no dvd's of anything anywhere.

Edit: ok there are, btw what story is all o' y'alls favorite ? mine has to be the "Dalek invasion of Earth"

And heres a cool pic of it.

Doctor Who Crew

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 04:32:34

At 7/23/13 04:17 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote: Being a Hartnell fan is hard, there are no dvd's of anything anywhere.

Edit: ok there are, btw what story is all o' y'alls favorite ? mine has to be the "Dalek invasion of Earth"

Doctor Who Crew

by all means... ask

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 08:49:03

At 7/23/13 04:30 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote:

At least there's more DVD releases of the Hartnell era than Troughton. After seeing The Tomb of the Cybermen I felt gutted that there were so little completed stories of his that made it to the surface. I'm likely to watch any Troughton era DVDs that I get along the way regardless of order but for now I've finished all of Tom Baker so my next focus is Peter Davison. As much as I want to see The Master season I feel after going through 172 episodes of one doctor, I should take it a little easier and focus on the fifth, sixth and seventh considering how much shorter they are in comparison to the fourth.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 10:35:00

At 7/23/13 08:49 AM, FromADistance wrote: At least there's more DVD releases of the Hartnell era than Troughton.

Still not a whole lot of either. This is all of them.

http://i.imgur.com/cFh7EDG.jpg

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 16:18:16

At 7/23/13 04:30 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote: what story is all o' y'alls favorite ?

the Empty Child
Blink
Midnight
the Time of the Angels
Amy's Choice

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 16:34:17

At 7/23/13 04:32 AM, laughatyourfuneral wrote: Edit: ok there are, btw what story is all o' y'alls favorite ?

I'm not sure if you mean overall or just for Hartnell, so I'll list my favourite TV stories for each Doctor just because.

Hartnell: The Ark
Troughton: The Mind Robber (also my favourite story overall)
Pertwee: The Three Doctors
Tom Baker: City of Death
Davison: Earthshock
Colin Baker: The Two Doctors
Sylvester McCoy: Greatest Show in the Galaxy
McGann: yeah
Eccleston: Dalek
Tennant: Girl in the Fireplace
Smith: The Doctor's Wife

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 18:03:13

At 7/23/13 04:34 PM, Oolaph wrote: I'm not sure if you mean overall or just for Hartnell, so I'll list my favourite TV stories for each Doctor just because.

This is a good idea I will do this.

Hartnell: The Dalek Invasion of Earth
Troughton: Tomb of the Cybermen
Pertwee: The Daemons
Tom Baker: The Talons of Weng-Chiang
Davison: The Caves of Androzani
Colin Baker: None. The Mysterious Planet if I must choose.
McCoy: The Curse of Fenric
McGann: Guess.
Eccleston: Dalek
Tennant: Human Nature/The Family of Blood
Smith: Hide

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 18:13:09

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 18:52:27

At 7/23/13 06:13 PM, DrClay wrote: BBC should use this for the next season's intro

Euugh, can't stand the 80s-style themes. It's shouldn't sound like a song, it should sound like weird space noises. The very first theme is probably the best, especially coupled with the visuals. It sounds alien as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 18:57:28

At 7/23/13 06:52 PM, TheMaster wrote: Euugh, can't stand the 80s-style themes. It's shouldn't sound like a song, it should sound like weird space noises. The very first theme is probably the best, especially coupled with the visuals. It sounds alien as fuck.

Yeah, the original opening is by far the best. Any arrangement that involves percussion or 'organic' instruments just doesn't sound right.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 20:26:19

While some of us are on the subject of favourite Doctor Who stories, while I can't name one for each doctor, I can still name the favourite few on top of my head:

The Tomb of the Cybermen
Genesis of the Daleks
The Talons of Weng-Chiang
Logopolis
Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Blink
Human Nature / The Family of Blood

I still have over a hundred stories to watch (hear for some) so favourites are likely to change later on, although I'm sure some of them there will remain.

At 7/23/13 10:35 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/23/13 08:49 AM, FromADistance wrote: At least there's more DVD releases of the Hartnell era than Troughton.
Still not a whole lot of either. This is all of them.

http://i.imgur.com/cFh7EDG.jpg

Still a lot more visible than the DVDs for Troughton. Mind you, my DVD collection for Doctor Who is rather minimal for the time being considering I have 80 DVDs to get but it's slowly invading the shelves in my second bedroom.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-23 21:44:36

New Doctor to be annouced in August, Confidential to return, Old Who Doctor "confirmed" to be in 50th.

I'm not gonna wet my panties until it's official, but this is the Radio Times.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 01:39:19

I am considering buying a dvd of the classic episodes. I know this is old news, but its a real shame that 200+ episodes were lost. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the early seasons.

Also, why does everyone consider season 1 to be with the 9th doctor? I keep getting that....

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 02:15:58

At 7/24/13 01:39 AM, DrClay wrote:
Also, why does everyone consider season 1 to be with the 9th doctor? I keep getting that....

Because even though it's technically the 27th season of Doctor Who the 2005 show started its releases with season 1, treating it as a new show. Plus Classic Who isn't released by season, it's pretty much always divided by individual serials.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 07:55:52

Anyone heard about the Comic-Con trailer for the 50th? Looks like there'll be some Time War scenes with Daleks and also apparently multiple Zygons breaking out of some glass.

At 7/23/13 09:44 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: New Doctor to be annouced in August, Confidential to return, Old Who Doctor "confirmed" to be in 50th.

I'm not gonna wet my panties until it's official, but this is the Radio Times.

Really hoping for Paul McGann, even just for a brief scene. I can imagine the opening episode having the eighth Doctor on Gallifrey during the Time War, and then it cuts to the opening titles as he starts to regenerate into John Hurt's incarnation - I doubt they'd have him for the whole episode, since it really seems like the main stars will be Smith, Tennant and Hurt.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 08:00:03

At 7/24/13 07:55 AM, dogpup4 wrote: Anyone heard about the Comic-Con trailer for the 50th? Looks like there'll be some Time War scenes with Daleks and also apparently multiple Zygons breaking out of some glass.

Source, by the way. Wonder if we'll be seeing the trailer anytime soon?

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 13:43:31

At 7/24/13 08:00 AM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 7/24/13 07:55 AM, dogpup4 wrote: Anyone heard about the Comic-Con trailer for the 50th? Looks like there'll be some Time War scenes with Daleks and also apparently multiple Zygons breaking out of some glass.

Unlikely. Many Comic-Con trailers are never shown elsewhere. It's fucking stupid. Moffat has promised they'll never see another if it leaks, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 17:53:57

BBC abandons logic and releases series 1-4 on Blu-ray despite the original sources being SD digital recordings, making any remastering irrelevant since you can't magically increase the resolution.

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Limited-Blu-ray-Giftset/dp/
B00DYAE2IY/ref=sr_1_9?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1374056545&sr=
1-9&keywords=doctor+who

None of the first four series were shot on film. You can't rescan a digital source. This is cynical money grubbing at it's finest.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 18:08:16

At 7/24/13 05:53 PM, TheMaster wrote: BBC abandons logic and releases series 1-4 on Blu-ray despite the original sources being SD digital recordings, making any remastering irrelevant since you can't magically increase the resolution.

It's probably blue ray just because that is what is the "new" thing that everyone seems to use.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-24 19:03:06

That would be cool seeing McGann, even though that would kinda validate the Master being a snake man that for some reason had an American accent.

I wonder if somebody else is gonna take over the show and have Moffat step down. Maybe then some of the characters from the RTD era would have a chance of showing up. Moffat's been kind of a dick about that. I've been wishing that Jack, Martha, and Mickey would come back. And what about Jenny? They completely threw the Doctor's Daughter subplot out the window. At least Rose and the tenth Doctor are coming back. That's something.0

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-25 08:19:19

At 7/24/13 01:43 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/24/13 08:00 AM, dogpup4 wrote:
Unlikely. Many Comic-Con trailers are never shown elsewhere. It's fucking stupid. Moffat has promised they'll never see another if it leaks, too.

Yeah. I remember the Comic-Con trailer for The End of Time Part One leaked and no-one gave a shit. I understand they'll want to give an exclusive to Comic-Con goers - after all, the people in the audience had to queue overnight to make sure they'd get into the panel - but I wish they'd just give us a short trailer or maybe even just a trailer for An Adventure in Space and Time.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2013-07-25 09:38:40

At 7/23/13 06:57 PM, Oolaph wrote:
At 7/23/13 06:52 PM, TheMaster wrote: Euugh, can't stand the 80s-style themes. It's shouldn't sound like a song, it should sound like weird space noises. The very first theme is probably the best, especially coupled with the visuals. It sounds alien as fuck.
Yeah, the original opening is by far the best. Any arrangement that involves percussion or 'organic' instruments just doesn't sound right.

Nah, the new theme should be dubstep with lil Wayne laying down some sick rhymes who's with me ?

by all means... ask

BBS Signature