00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

401,459 Views | 6,203 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-29 19:19:31

Dr. Who should be a lot more sci-fi, you know? Fuck the comedy, fuck the romace, get Christopher Eclleson with a cannon aimed at a dalek over some shitty romance with a pavement slab. It was just annoying and It made me feel like I wasted 45 minutes of my saterday ever week just hoping It would be a good episode. I want confusing plot lines, I want action. Why can't we have it? Because Dr. Who has sold out. It gets more ratings this way and so It becomes more childish. Mind you, I will still watch every episode I can, those rare good episodes are well worth It.

I loved all the 'first' seiries.
I hateed 90% of the 'second' seiries.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-30 03:51:36

What I think the new series lacks is any lengthy stories. I mean the classic series has loads of 4+ part episodes which are usually better than 1-off things.

Also, anyone else notice the layout for every single epsiode in the new series? 40 minutes of nothing happening then the Doctor saving the world in the last 5.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-30 04:39:08

They all appeal to kids but some Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant ones have been a bit dark, probably to keep adults entertained while their children watch. I think the Peter Kay one was the only one aimed entirely at children.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-30 11:54:35

At 7/30/06 04:39 AM, Wombat333 wrote: I think the Peter Kay one was the only one aimed entirely at children.

If I remember right that was the one where they had a competition to design a monster, so with kids designing it, it would be aimed at them.

In other news, I picked up a copy of "Earthshock" today. I've never actually seen any Peter Davison episodes so it'll be completely new to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-30 18:16:15

At 7/30/06 11:54 AM, Kickme123 wrote: I've never actually seen any Peter Davison episodes so it'll be completely new to me.

I haven't seen Earthshock so I have no idea what its about, but Davidson is a decent Doctor Who, even though he does seem to go around dressed for cricket all the time, which annoys me for some reason, and I can't work out why.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-30 20:26:09

At 7/30/06 03:51 AM, Kickme123 wrote: What I think the new series lacks is any lengthy stories. I mean the classic series has loads of 4+ part episodes which are usually better than 1-off things.

i havent seen season 2, but most of season 1 were 2 parters, which i like. its also a good way to get ratings, because you want to see what happens next

Also, anyone else notice the layout for every single epsiode in the new series? 40 minutes of nothing happening then the Doctor saving the world in the last 5.

its always like that, in any show

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 07:41:13

At 7/30/06 06:16 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 7/30/06 11:54 AM, Kickme123 wrote: I've never actually seen any Peter Davison episodes so it'll be completely new to me.
I haven't seen Earthshock so I have no idea what its about, but Davidson is a decent Doctor Who, even though he does seem to go around dressed for cricket all the time, which annoys me for some reason, and I can't work out why.

Spoilers in this post.

Earthshock was about the cybermen trying to destroy Earth by crashing a freiter into it. They end up being sent back in time and it turns out the freiter they crash into Earth is what wiped out the dinosaurs. They also kill off Adric in it, he's in the freiter when it crashes. I quite liked Davison as the Doctor, better than the latest two anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 10:21:26

Don't all jump on me but who is this adric? I saw an episode where they killed of a companion. A Scottish boy i believe.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 10:25:30

At 7/31/06 10:21 AM, RedGlare wrote: Don't all jump on me but who is this adric? I saw an episode where they killed of a companion. A Scottish boy i believe.

Adric.

Doctor Who Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 10:27:20

At 7/31/06 10:25 AM, Kickme123 wrote:
Adric.

Reminds me of a character called jamie. At any rate i never saw him (i don't think) why was he so awful?

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 10:28:56

At 7/31/06 10:27 AM, RedGlare wrote:
Adric.
Reminds me of a character called jamie. At any rate i never saw him (i don't think) why was he so awful?

I've only seen one episode with him, the one he's killed in, and I didn't think he was that bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-07-31 13:33:04

At 7/31/06 10:28 AM, Kickme123 wrote:
At 7/31/06 10:27 AM, RedGlare wrote:
Adric.
I've only seen one episode with him, the one he's killed in, and I didn't think he was that bad.

probably just couldnt get teh contract worked out

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 10:14:59

Wasn't Jamie a companion of The 2nd Doctor? And if I can remember correctly (even though I haven't seen any of the 2nd Doctor's episodes) that Jamie didn't die he just had his memory erased by the Time Lords (exculding his first adventure with The Doctor) and was returned to his own time.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 10:25:14

At 8/1/06 10:14 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Wasn't Jamie a companion of The 2nd Doctor? And if I can remember correctly (even though I haven't seen any of the 2nd Doctor's episodes) that Jamie didn't die he just had his memory erased by the Time Lords (exculding his first adventure with The Doctor) and was returned to his own time.

He was one of the companions of the Doctor that much I know, as to his fate, god only knows. All I know is he wore a kilt...I think.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 13:04:59

im sad to announce that scanning through scifi.com (the channel that brings the us Doctor Who) will not be showing season 2 for atleast 4 months. that makes me cry a little on the inside.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 13:08:28

At 8/1/06 01:04 PM, -TheThing- wrote: im sad to announce that scanning through scifi.com (the channel that brings the us Doctor Who) will not be showing season 2 for atleast 4 months. that makes me cry a little on the inside.

Must be annoying. Have they shown you the Christmas Special one yet in America? Or are they skipping it because christmas was so long ago?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 13:09:51

At 8/1/06 10:25 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote:
At 8/1/06 10:14 AM, TheLight6 wrote: Wasn't Jamie a companion of The 2nd Doctor? And if I can remember correctly (even though I haven't seen any of the 2nd Doctor's episodes) that Jamie didn't die he just had his memory erased by the Time Lords (exculding his first adventure with The Doctor) and was returned to his own time.
He was one of the companions of the Doctor that much I know, as to his fate, god only knows. All I know is he wore a kilt...I think.

That him?

He added me on myspace. Which is strange because the gimmick profiles don't usually go around adding people.

I've got loads of random Doctor Who characters on myspace.

Davros
Dalek
Dalek
Black Dalek
Dalek
Dalek
Dalek
Master Dalek
The Doctor
Romana
The Doctor
Rose
Sarah Jane
Jackie
Mickey
Cybermen
Cyberman.

Yep, too much time on my hands.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 13:12:10

At 8/1/06 01:08 PM, Wombat333 wrote:
At 8/1/06 01:04 PM, -TheThing- wrote: im sad to announce that scanning through scifi.com (the channel that brings the us Doctor Who) will not be showing season 2 for atleast 4 months. that makes me cry a little on the inside.
Must be annoying. Have they shown you the Christmas Special one yet in America? Or are they skipping it because christmas was so long ago?

i havent seen it, but they might have aired it adn i missed it. i hear that was the first one with Tennet. i doubt that ill see the new one, unless they show it on a special night. i guess the company that owns scifi has problems securing rights for the new season

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-01 15:13:38

At 8/1/06 01:09 PM, Kickme123 wrote: That him?

Yup that's the fellow.

I've got loads of random Doctor Who characters on myspace.

Davros
Yep, too much time on my hands.

Wow. You sure are popular :P

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 08:20:20

At 7/27/06 12:40 PM, -TheThing- wrote: Time Lord: Thething69
Companion: Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Companion: Womat333
Dalek: Deceptionkiller
Dalek: RedGlare
Dalek: empty
Dalek: empty
K9: empty
Civilion: empty

im kind of sad that Joker Inc. isnt here, he helped me get people to join. and i shorten the ranks now, because most people mas join during the first couple of pages, then never show up

I leveled up! I'm sorry for not posting in ages. I'm on holiday and my posts are limited. So don't expect much from me in a month.

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 08:28:48

I also think the episode 'Love and Monsters' was pretty crap. I however did like all the other episodes were pretty good. I was slightly disapointed with 'The girl in the fireplace' however. Again I am sorry for not posting in ages please forgive me!

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 09:11:58

'The girl in the fireplace was shit, the oh-so-deadly monsters weapons? A keyrind sized chainsaw. That episode need to be improved so It was a)believable b)cool

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 12:05:31

Appartly it was rated one of the best in the series. But I thought it was the second worse. Why the hell was there a horse on a spaceship?! But how could they make Dr Who seem real?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 13:21:29

At 8/3/06 12:05 PM, Wombat333 wrote:

But how could they make Dr Who seem real?

take out all the scifi stuff. which would then make it a drama about 2 people that do nothing, which makes it a soup opra

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 13:24:13

Yeah but who would watch it? Although it could work in theory. K-9 would be a real dog and aliens would be people. The Slitheen in downing street would be like terrorists and the killer plactic shop dummies would be shop workers attacking the city because they weren't paid enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 15:22:07

At 8/3/06 01:24 PM, Wombat333 wrote: Yeah but who would watch it? Although it could work in theory. K-9 would be a real dog and aliens would be people. The Slitheen in downing street would be like terrorists and the killer plactic shop dummies would be shop workers attacking the city because they weren't paid enough.

And The Doctor is an electrition who sits around watching all this happen on TV. Whilst scratching himself.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 15:24:42

And The Doctor is an electrition who sits around watching all this happen on TV. Whilst scratching himself.

Lol, yeah. I suppose Rose would be his cheap girlfriend who did all the cleaning while he sat around.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 15:27:11

At 8/3/06 03:24 PM, Wombat333 wrote:
Lol, yeah. I suppose Rose would be his cheap girlfriend who did all the cleaning while he sat around.

Yeah. She also has herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 15:30:52

Yeah. She also has herpes.

And the doctor doesn't know it. He also doesn't know she's pregnant with their 3rd bastard child.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2006-08-03 16:59:23

I just wrote a film proposal.

Seems Doctor Who has poisoned my mind, I couldn't resist adding Daleks and Cybermen into it. So yeah, this is me shamelessly advertising my story.

Read it....please.

BBS Signature