00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

567,298 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-18 22:10:36

Speaking of changes and adjusting, we should change the NGDD list and update the changes for all the 60 levels and maybe have another look at the other methods of rankings.
Yesterday the layout seemed slow and bulky (compared to before - I used a proxy and that didn't help at all).
Today it seems alot faster. I can open about 3 tabs at a time. Whilst trying to B/P I got some messages telling me that proxy voting was not allowed (I almost had a heart attack). Then I refreshed the page and continued as normal. Seems to be an attempt to stop mass voting.

There are alot of things I like and some things I don't like. I expect most of the things I don't like will be changed as others feel the same way. Overall I am pleased, but I really want to wait and see. Lurk a little. and re-read that FAQ. While they were doing the redesign I saw this as an opportunity to format the computer with XP and reinstall everything... guess which finished sooner? It was the fastest and smoothest reinstall I have ever had.

level 22! One month to 23!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-18 22:40:40

At 7/18/07 10:09 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I've noticed something with these new levels. Seeing that Pimp ISN'T at level 60 as he was predicted to be, we can enjoy depositing exp. for a long time without having to worry about having the exp. requirement go up! I like that...

I think the leveling system has been changed, so that Pimp doesn't have power to make our level requirements go up. I think it's the amount of people on NG and the amount of total experience they have.

So if there are 1 million people here, and 500 million experience, level requirements are going to be higher than if there was 1 million people and 50 million experience.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 05:23:20

At 7/18/07 10:09 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I've noticed something with these new levels. Seeing that Pimp ISN'T at level 60 as he was predicted to be, we can enjoy depositing exp. for a long time without having to worry about having the exp. requirement go up! I like that...

I'm not sure, you may be right but all I know is that for a couple days now since the new layout my new level requirments haven't changed yet and that's a good sign for me.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 13:32:13

At 7/19/07 01:34 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 7/18/07 11:11 AM, Phantom wrote: Yup the new design is out and the only problem I have is the submissions that have a color don't change colors after been seen which makes a B/Per's work much harder, that and the fact I can't see myself in the top 50 yet, I get an error when I try to open it.
That is a small pain but now I've upgraded my internet I just start from earliest submission under judgment to latest submission... I always go for the earliest submission under judgement whenever I B/P so I'm sure not to miss out before it gets blammed or protected.

I go the opposite way, that way I can get the B/P points from the ones at the bottom, before they fail or pass.

Dark aura ptw!
Evil ftw!

Also, if you want, you can request a story here, at my news. I can pump out a 5-6,000 character story in about 15 minutes, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 2-3 a day.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 14:31:26

At 7/19/07 01:32 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 7/19/07 01:34 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 7/18/07 11:11 AM, Phantom wrote: Yup the new design is out and the only problem I have is the submissions that have a color don't change colors after been seen which makes a B/Per's work much harder, that and the fact I can't see myself in the top 50 yet, I get an error when I try to open it.
That is a small pain but now I've upgraded my internet I just start from earliest submission under judgment to latest submission... I always go for the earliest submission under judgement whenever I B/P so I'm sure not to miss out before it gets blammed or protected.
I go the opposite way, that way I can get the B/P points from the ones at the bottom, before they fail or pass.
Dark aura ptw!
Evil ftw!
Also, if you want, you can request a story here, at my news. I can pump out a 5-6,000 character story in about 15 minutes, but I doubt I'll be able to do more than 2-3 a day.

Haha thats cool as. We both use the same style of Blamming and Protecting :D. I do exactly the same things that you do in the same order.

Wow that is pretty cool lol. I thought it was only me,,,,,,

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 14:44:58

I just made a new realization. Looking at the memberlist, I'm really going to have to work my ass off again in fixing the links so they actually link to our new profiles. The old links are officially dead.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 22:09:19

No one else has noticed, have they? I really thought that someone else would say something...well I guess the responsibility rests on my shoulders, being the De Facto head of Internal Affairs...It appears that our highly inactive semi-founder, Dave (aka Life) has been modded. I think. That is what the golden aura means, right?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-19 22:33:34

You want the Portal department...the Flash department is for the making of and submission of Flash. The Portal department is for the b/p'ing of and reviewing of Flash. Also...why is Dave mod? I'm really really confused. He has the golden (mod) aura...and he's not on the list. Dave, of all people...

Sorry, I meant the Portal department. May I join the Portal Department?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 01:23:40

At 7/20/07 12:49 AM, MrFinland wrote:
At 7/19/07 11:56 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: It appears that way. He hasn't been added on this list at the bottom of the BBS page yet.
I noticed that some time ago. I saw it on some thread in the General section. So if Life ever comes back here: Gongrats.

I wonder why he doesn't post here anymore...he used to be really involved and everything...Hmm well leadership was passed down from Wylo to Dave/Life...and now Phantom?!?! Could be because he's pretty much been the De Facto leader forever...

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 01:37:22

At 7/19/07 10:09 PM, Cole wrote: it appears that our highly inactive semi-founder, Dave (aka Life) has been modded. I think. That is what the golden aura means, right?

Isn't he a review mod or audio mod? not a bbs mod from what i know.

Anyways I'm back so you guys know. I missed you all so much that i had to come back. I could never leave this wonderful thread.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 01:52:16

At 7/20/07 01:37 AM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 7/19/07 10:09 PM, Cole wrote: it appears that our highly inactive semi-founder, Dave (aka Life) has been modded. I think. That is what the golden aura means, right?
Isn't he a review mod or audio mod? not a bbs mod from what i know.

Anyways I'm back so you guys know. I missed you all so much that i had to come back. I could never leave this wonderful thread.

Hmm possibly...it makes sense, but he has a ton of posts and has been here a long time though. Are the review and audio mods listed anywhere?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 01:56:24

At 7/20/07 01:52 AM, Cole wrote:
Hmm possibly...it makes sense, but he has a ton of posts and has been here a long time though. Are the review and audio mods listed anywhere?

Hmm don't think so yet.

Kidray76 must be a review mod.

He has a staff member aura plus he posted in the Abusive review thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 03:37:41

At 7/20/07 01:56 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: Hmm don't think so yet.

I know the guy a bit and last I heared he was an icon mod, which may get a yellow aura too for all we know? But it would be nice to know a mod in either way.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-20 11:34:09

At 7/19/07 02:44 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I just made a new realization. Looking at the memberlist, I'm really going to have to work my ass off again in fixing the links so they actually link to our new profiles. The old links are officially dead.

It's not going to be that hard; you just put the user name without caps and a dot at the end in front of NG; not very hard, just time consuming.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, I'm going on vacation in about 2 hours, but I doubt I'll be able to stay on NG for too long.

And in case you wanted to know, I'm going to Atlantic City, where the Mod Meat 2007 went for a day.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-21 03:06:28

At 7/21/07 01:02 AM, MrFinland wrote: I think they give the gold auras to all mods. But I don't know why, maybe it is for recognition, so that people could know who's a mod.

Well, a review mod's life is a sad one. Working hard with hardly any recognition for your work. Well, now people will be aware of your accomplishment! It's a great idea, I think.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 03:21:45

At 7/22/07 12:53 AM, MrFinland wrote: You are right but maybe this was done just to make them feel nice. And of course no one becomes a mod for glory, those people wouldn't even have a chance.

Yeah that's true since moderators are hand picked, I just think it's nice they got a little more respect now that people know they are mods, even if they are icon or review mods.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 04:58:47

I am a moderator at many sites. To me it isn't another trophy in my collection or anything. But I love to be a mod or a person with significance because I am making a difference and helping a site that I like be better and without as much spam. If I were a moderator here, I would be honoured...But I won't be bragging or nothin' like that ;)

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 07:19:42

I have been an Ng member for almost a year now which is quite short I belive but I have already during this time noticed how many abusive,exposing ect down right dirty posts that dont belong on newgrounds,but I have also noticed shining flashes that are front page matarial the bring all the things that are good to NG and so I would like to request the right to be a member of this justice bring socity and be placed in the Department of flash so even so I can help Newgrounds and become one of the fine members who serve the Newgrounds Department of Defence! So please may I join?

Hi there

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 16:51:25

At 7/22/07 05:17 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: I see your point and my point is that the moderators shouldn't really care if they have glory or not because they should be contributing to the site for their dedication.

Thats the entire reason I mod/ admin the sites I do. I don't do it for power or recognition from the users below myself, I do it to help the site out and nothing more.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 19:52:16

Hello guys! I would like to join the Department of Defence in the flash dept. Thank you for reviewing my request.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-22 20:25:58

Ahh yes portal dept. sounds nice. I read the rules on the first post and I must have mixed them up. Sorry about that.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 00:14:28

At 7/22/07 07:19 AM, Fire-Flake wrote: I have been an Ng member for almost a year now which is quite short I belive but I have already during this time noticed how many abusive,exposing ect down right dirty posts that dont belong on newgrounds,but I have also noticed shining flashes that are front page matarial the bring all the things that are good to NG and so I would like to request the right to be a member of this justice bring socity and be placed in the Department of flash so even so I can help Newgrounds and become one of the fine members who serve the Newgrounds Department of Defence! So please may I join?

Hmmm....You seem to have the right stats onboard so I'll give you that. But, I think that you are referring to the portal dept. The Flash Dept. is for those who create Flash movies talk to others who create Flash movies in the Flash Dept.

Anyways...You will have to wait for Phantom to accept you before you are truly apart of us. In this time waiting, I reccomend to get farmilliar with our system and to read the FAQs connected with this club.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 00:25:32

Seeing that we have more applicants, looks like I'll have to show you our private forum. However, due to a spam control issue, you won't be able to register (I think). But we do already have a public use account set up. If you want the password to it, PM Phantom or me. When posting, post who you are on NG before posting anything else so we know who you are.

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 00:28:28

At 7/23/07 12:25 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Seeing that we have more applicants, looks like I'll have to show you our private forum. However, due to a spam control issue, you won't be able to register (I think). But we do already have a public use account set up. If you want the password to it, PM Phantom or me. When posting, post who you are on NG before posting anything else so we know who you are.

Should we just change forums?

I think it be best and it's not like we have a lot of info in that private forum so we wouldn't be losing much and we could always copy and paste the posts/threads into the new forum if it happens.

Vote?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 03:57:56

At 7/22/07 08:25 PM, EvilPinkPig wrote: Ahh yes portal dept. sounds nice. I read the rules on the first post and I must have mixed them up. Sorry about that.

Fine, you're on probation, be active for the next ten days. Where the fuck is Hybrid? I was supposed to be done with this kind of work...

And about the new forum, it may all seem very nice but I'll have to be the one that makes which means only more work for me. But if you all like it so fucking much, I'll do it on Saturday.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 09:19:26

Phantom Whad'dya say may I join the portal department?

Hi there

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 14:56:49

At 7/23/07 09:19 AM, Fire-Flake wrote: Phantom Whad'dya say may I join the portal department?

Yeah ok whatever, but it'll be some time before you're on the member list ok? there are still updates being done.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-23 22:25:07

At 7/23/07 03:57 AM, Phantom wrote: Where the fuck is Hybrid? I was supposed to be done with this kind of work...

I'm here. I just needed to wait for your approvals before adding everything in that was needed. All the new guys are up, and I'm currently working on fixing the links of those on the 'dishonorably discharged' list.

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-24 01:16:34

I also vote yes on the forum. My vp is actually 6.66 which is cool. I was wondering what anyone thinks of starting a new thread. After the redesign it might be cool to restart again with current info on the first page. Just a suggestion. Maybe a reflection on the number of people trying to join the flash and then portal department.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2007-07-24 04:59:45

At 7/23/07 10:25 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I'm here. I just needed to wait for your approvals before adding everything in that was needed. All the new guys are up, and I'm currently working on fixing the links of those on the 'dishonorably discharged' list.

Good, don't ever disappear, I'm too old for this job now. Keep up the good work.

At 7/24/07 12:21 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: Wouldn't it be better to just have it called the 'Discharged' list seeing as you can't get honorably discharged in the NGDD like you can in the NGPD...

An honorable discharge would be if some one wanted to leave and asked to do so in the thread, a dishonorable discharge is quitting and making an ass out of yourself, like for example: Fremen.

BBS Signature