00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Java: Main

23,504 Views | 110 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Java: Main 2006-06-08 00:14:55

I thought it would be a cool idea to do a java/javascript main. Since there have been many questions about java recently (or so i thought) it would be good to do something like this.

So here we go. In this thread can be posted tutorials of the Java or JavaScript nature.

Here are the rules for posting tutorials:

1. Create a new thread, with the subject "Java/JS: The title of my tutorial"
2. Come into Java: Main, and make a post linking to your tutorial. When the next page is coming, all of the new tutorials will be added to the compiled list

I basically took the format from AS: Main and PHP: Main. So what are you waiting for? Start posting tutorials today! (or tomorrow, whatever works for you)

Hello, from the past!

[ PHP: Main ]

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 00:19:21

Java and Javascript are completely different. Why would you lump them together?

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 00:21:17

just because..............

Whether they are different or not, they will have separate catagorys in this thread.

Like below:

Java:
blahblahblahba catagorys

JS:

balbalhblahb catagorys.

No reason, just becuase.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 02:35:18

Well.. Its good that you have them both, but you dont mix 2 different langs in a : main thread.. you just dont do that. right? Anyway this sounds like a pretty good idea, since its like as many java questions like C++ questions now. (Almost.. and the ppl who want to know about C++ dont look in the C++ : Main cuz it aint enough help in there and they dont want to learn that stuff either cause they already know it..) Anyway as i dont have much to say about this else than it sounds good we just have to wait until a mod locks this one to.. (Just like the last attempt :'( )

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 06:38:08

At 6/8/06 02:35 AM, seel wrote: Well.. Its good that you have them both, but you dont mix 2 different langs in a : main thread.. you just dont do that. right? Anyway this sounds like a pretty good idea, since its like as many java questions like C++ questions now. (Almost.. and the ppl who want to know about C++ dont look in the C++ : Main cuz it aint enough help in there and they dont want to learn that stuff either cause they already know it..) Anyway as i dont have much to say about this else than it sounds good we just have to wait until a mod locks this one to.. (Just like the last attempt :'( )

hey, i search the NG BBS and i didn't find any java or j/s mains. So nobobdy has done this before. Anyway i have a lot of tutorials that i know could be done. This wasn't a bad idea and if you help out it could become something great.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 06:43:27

create just a javascript: main and i'll make you a few tutorials.

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 06:53:15

At 6/8/06 06:43 AM, doodle_flash wrote: create just a javascript: main and i'll make you a few tutorials.

why would that matter man, No need to make 2 instead of 1. Just make the tutorials anyway please ;)

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:13:25

At 6/8/06 06:53 AM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote:
At 6/8/06 06:43 AM, doodle_flash wrote: create just a javascript: main and i'll make you a few tutorials.
why would that matter man, No need to make 2 instead of 1. Just make the tutorials anyway please ;)

but the title says java: main? whats the point in javascript tutorials?

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:16:13

At 6/8/06 07:13 AM, doodle_flash wrote:
At 6/8/06 06:53 AM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote:
but the title says java: main? whats the point in javascript tutorials?

It was goign to be Java/JS: Main. That's what i originally put. But i decided it was too hard to right for 600 links so i decided that Java: Main would be good. Do you want to post some tuts, or do you want to keep ranting?

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:17:51

ok then, i'll make you a simple paint program tutorial for java.

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:19:00

At 6/8/06 07:17 AM, doodle_flash wrote: ok then, i'll make you a simple paint program tutorial for java.

thankyou. I really appreciate that. Just note that i won't put it on here until i hit 30 posts (that's when it will carry over to the next page )

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:28:44

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:39:08

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:44:09

i would make a compiling one but i cant be bothered to explain about setting up all your diectories and stuff.

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 07:54:06

At 6/8/06 07:44 AM, doodle_flash wrote: i would make a compiling one but i cant be bothered to explain about setting up all your diectories and stuff.

it's ok. i appreciate your input.

Java: JavaScript Popup Tutorial

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 08:12:20

Rat poop. I ruined my 666 post 2 days after 6/6/06. aw shucks. i knew it was comin anyway.

Reminder:

Don't forget to add a link back to here so people will know what's the what!!!!1!!!!19190!!!91210

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 08:44:54

i was writing a tutorial for a text editing program, but seeing as you just take the p**s i wont do any more.

and by the way "Java: JavaScript Popup Tutorial" looks really stupid

whats the point in saying Java: Javascript LOL

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 08:56:13

At 6/8/06 08:44 AM, doodle_flash wrote: i was writing a tutorial for a text editing program, but seeing as you just take the p**s i wont do any more.

and by the way "Java: JavaScript Popup Tutorial" looks really stupid

whats the point in saying Java: Javascript LOL

yea, i noticed that AFTER i posted it. i thought that was stupid too.

Also for futher notice: if it is a javascript tutorial, state that in your tutorial (unlike my java: javascript lol -- don't do it like that) otherwise it will end up as a java tutorial

:)

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 08:58:44

Just keep Java and javascript seperate man. They have nothing to do with eachother.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:01:02

At 6/8/06 08:58 AM, unit_243b wrote: Just keep Java and javascript seperate man. They have nothing to do with eachother.

ssssoooooooorrrrrryyyyyy. I didn't want to make 2 threads and thought both topics needed it. Please stop saying that.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:04:33

At 6/8/06 09:01 AM, Momo_the_Monkey wrote:
At 6/8/06 08:58 AM, unit_243b wrote: Just keep Java and javascript seperate man. They have nothing to do with eachother.
ssssoooooooorrrrrryyyyyy. I didn't want to make 2 threads and thought both topics needed it. Please stop saying that.

it's okay, when I didn't know what javascript was, I thought it was derived from Java as well, but they are pretty different. You should really stick with one thing though. I would say the Java main. Then move on to a Javascript main once you've established this one.

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:05:15

Do i dare make a "hello, world!" tutorial?

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:06:53

it's okay, when I didn't know what javascript was, I thought it was derived from Java as well, but they are pretty different. You should really stick with one thing though. I would say the Java main. Then move on to a Javascript main once you've established this one.

i VERY VERY much agree

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:07:57

At 6/8/06 09:05 AM, doodle_flash wrote: Do i dare make a "hello, world!" tutorial?

how about something useful like techniques, instead of simple programs. examples:

Java: Array Basics
Java: Data Types
Java: Pass by Value & Pass by Reference
Java: GUI basics
Java: Javadoc

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:12:57

ok, i'll take away the JS. I will. now, please stop harassing me

hinds in corner and sobs. WHY ME??!?!? WHWHWHWHWHWYWYWYWYYYYY!?!?!?

lol

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:13:53

I'll make a data type and javadoc tutorial later

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:19:46

At 6/8/06 09:07 AM, unit_243b wrote:
how about something useful like techniques, instead of simple programs. examples:

Java: Array Basics
Java: Data Types
Java: Pass by Value & Pass by Reference
Java: GUI basics
Java: Javadoc

I like programs :)

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:28:22

Do we really need a topic like this?

I ask because I've rarely seen java topics around here.. It's true that we don't have a Java:Main but I'm not sure we need one either. PHP (and to a lesser extent C++) are asked about more frequently than Java hence their :Main topics. Even C++ Main doesn't get all that much activity.

Also, are you willingly to update the list on each page with links to new topics and such?

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:31:28

At 6/8/06 09:28 AM, Afro_Ninja wrote: Do we really need a topic like this?

I ask because I've rarely seen java topics around here.. It's true that we don't have a Java:Main but I'm not sure we need one either. PHP (and to a lesser extent C++) are asked about more frequently than Java hence their :Main topics. Even C++ Main doesn't get all that much activity.

It's just that i've seen a lot lately. It might just be me, but even I could use this.

Also, are you willingly to update the list on each page with links to new topics and such?

Yea, i am. And i'll go for the first one in each page if that. I come here like every 20 minutes everday so i might not miss it.

Hello, from the past!

BBS Signature

Response to Java: Main 2006-06-08 09:48:08

I'd also use this topic alot, and if need be that momo is going away or something i could update the list for him.