00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BBS idea: Programming board.

3,136 Views | 8 Replies

BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 03:14:16

Well, I suck at drawing, so I havn't learned much flash, and the flash programming I learned was from Flash 4. But I am interested in other programming environments, namly C++, and I want to learn Perl. Well, if I post here, people yell at me. And if I post there, it's not flash and people yell at me. So how about we increase the flash board to include all programming stuff? Sounds good to me, and I might get more interested in flash!

What may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side.

BBS Signature

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 03:33:26

At 3/4/01 03:14 AM, Lord_Aba wrote: Well, I suck at drawing, so I havn't learned much flash, and the flash programming I learned was from Flash 4. But I am interested in other programming environments, namly C++, and I want to learn Perl. Well, if I post here, people yell at me. And if I post there, it's not flash and people yell at me. So how about we increase the flash board to include all programming stuff? Sounds good to me, and I might get more interested in flash!

well, im here to help, unfortunatly, i know nothing about programming, i cant even type, you see, some times i am so bad at typing that it's not even lasdfjei lefnvng gjam a dilfnv aef a fhivwww

BBS Signature

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:12:05

i'm behind you man. because newgrounds isn't necessarily only about flash, its also about the community it has created. Many in this community have webpages and could benefit from asking about certain web design or language specific elements on this board of clearly intelligent people, and since flash is essentially an animation program AND programming language all in one vehicle, holding a section for all programming makes sense, because the skills you have in flash can be carried over in other languages, and vice versa.

so yeah man, i think thats a smart idea of yours. they also need a bullshit section for people who post a bunch of ultra pointless crap in the general section currently so the rest of us don't have to wade through it all like bad newbie portal entries.

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:13:24

I can draw. If fact, Barrak asked me to do a series of drawings for an upcoming FLASH 5 animation. I'll let you know how it comes out.

BBS idea: Programming board.

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:23:50

If there was a programming board, then maybe my CGI post wouldn't have gone unanswered...

BBS Signature

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:28:12

At 3/4/01 06:23 PM, Lord_Aba wrote: If there was a programming board, then maybe my CGI post wouldn't have gone unanswered...

CGI is sooooooo "last week"!

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:37:17

At 3/4/01 03:14 AM, Lord_Aba wrote: Well, I suck at drawing, so I havn't learned much flash, and the flash programming I learned was from Flash 4. But I am interested in other programming environments, namly C++, and I want to learn Perl. Well, if I post here, people yell at me. And if I post there, it's not flash and people yell at me. So how about we increase the flash board to include all programming stuff? Sounds good to me, and I might get more interested in flash!

go ahead and post your questions, I'm been trying to teach myself C++ out of a book for a few weeks now, I have only made it half way through the book, but I am doing alright, and I am slowly gettin to the end. I wouldn't mind answering questions and I also would appreciate having some of my own questions answered.

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 18:46:27

Seeing as how I am a master of the "C++," I could help you out with anything. I'm still learning myself, though. And I am pretty bad with networking and file relating stuff right now, but I have a lot of resources to help.
Groovy!

BBS Signature

Response to BBS idea: Programming board. 2001-03-04 19:12:19

At 3/4/01 06:28 PM, TannerCenterwall wrote:
At 3/4/01 06:23 PM, Lord_Aba wrote: If there was a programming board, then maybe my CGI post wouldn't have gone unanswered...
CGI is sooooooo "last week"!

Err, no, it isn't. P-bot gathers email addresses from a cgi script (.pl), and php is loosely based around cgi (Perl).