00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

297,114 Views | 6,215 Replies

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 11:35:35

At 7/10/08 11:48 PM, TheBellmaker wrote: dun with reviews 188 points this week.

Oops thats 193 points fogot my spotlight recommendation.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 13:15:28

Can someone please screen the submissions before they are put on the request list? I know it doesn't happen often but when someone wants something they know is spam reviewing, it's just annoying and well, a waste of time.

I'd like to see spam requests like this one rejected from the list.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 13:27:36

At 7/11/08 01:15 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Can someone please screen the submissions before they are put on the request list? I know it doesn't happen often but when someone wants something they know is spam reviewing, it's just annoying and well, a waste of time.

In my opinion a good reviewer will even review spam submissions like regular submissions. Of course that's just my opinion and I actually do find some spam to be funny and entertaining. Of course I didn't find the submission that you linked to funny in any way, but who are we to say that a submission isn't review worthy or that it is just spam. You never know. What you consider spam someone else may like. The whole situation is opinion.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 13:45:36

I'm not saying all spam but something as obvious as that, I mean that flash doesn't have any value, I've seen other flash submitted as requests with no value as well as audio. It's like you might as well just say "Improve on everything, nothing in this is worth watching." that's pretty much all reviews on spam say, just with more padding :x

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 15:00:05

Hi,

I'd like to request some reviews on my latest song. I'd really appreciate it if someone gave me some feedback. Thanks in advance.

COCKS FOR PRESIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 17:25:34

Points for week-ending July 13th, 2008

11/11 M/G: 66 pts
15/15 Audio: 120 pts

+7 pts for reviewing all requests
+3 pts for posting

TOTAL: 196 pts

(+1 point for including RRC in reviews included in totals)

Well, by looking at some other people's point posts, it looks like I'm the only one who knows how to use a calculator here again this week... -_-

unless of course some people forgot RRC in their reviews, or something. In that case, I APOLOGIZE! ;p

I am SO glad to be done with that bloody list. I was going to reply to Little-Rena's post about screening spam submissions, but I'm too sick of typing at the moment. Maybe later... ;p
..Long story short, I have mixed feelings about it. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 17:35:56

Hey guys, I'm currently working on the list that Bezman put up yesterday. Really taking at least 10 minutes per review.

While I was doing this, I started wondering how many people are in this club? And is there a list of the all-time top people somewhere?

Thanks

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 17:39:00

At 7/11/08 05:35 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Hey guys, I'm currently working on the list that Bezman put up yesterday. Really taking at least 10 minutes per review.

Alright, sounds good! :)

While I was doing this, I started wondering how many people are in this club? And is there a list of the all-time top people somewhere?

Yes there is. You can see it on Haggard's list update on Page 162.

Thanks

No problem. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 17:50:04

Can you please review my newest song, "Run With It"?

Thank you,
jxl180

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 19:06:23

At 7/11/08 05:25 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
Well, by looking at some other people's point posts, it looks like I'm the only one who knows how to use a calculator here again this week... -_-

I got the same amount of points as you. At least I know I have the skills enough to work a calculator. Maybe it's time for me to move on to more technical stuff.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 19:26:03

At 7/11/08 07:06 PM, Corky52 wrote:
I got the same amount of points as you. At least I know I have the skills enough to work a calculator. Maybe it's time for me to move on to more technical stuff.

After some super-advanced calculations, I've concluded that there were only 10 movie/game requests this week! There were 7 listed under movies, and the spotlight was the 8th plus the two games = 10. Not 11. XD

So we should have 190 points instead of 196, I believe... (-5 pts for the flash that wasn't there and -1 for the RRC in the review we didn't write...)

That's what I get for being a smartass, I guess. lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 21:22:17

At 7/11/08 01:15 PM, Little-Rena wrote: Can someone please screen the submissions before they are put on the request list? I know it doesn't happen often but when someone wants something they know is spam reviewing, it's just annoying and well, a waste of time.

Yeah, the author knew it was shit, judging by his comments, and spending longer than a minute on its review seemed like a waste of time. I doubt he has any intention to spend the requisite amount of time to improve them. Frankly, I'd agree that reviewing those isn't much fun, but then I don't think culling flash is needed at this point.

Seems like it'd be a slippery slope to cutting stuff like that Godzilla movie with crappy graphics from a while back (which I actually kinda liked). Until it becomes a real problem, I think accepting all requests is the way to go.

Also, I wouldn't want requests to be cut based on one single person's opinion.

For now, I guess the best thing is to just pop it open in a new window, take a minute over it, then move on.

At 7/11/08 07:26 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:

If you were really smart, you wouldn't need a calculator. ;-p

;-p

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-11 23:11:34

hey can people review my flash http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 7171
i want to make a second one but i need feedback first
thank you very much

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 07:03:30

At 7/11/08 09:22 PM, Bezman wrote: Seems like it'd be a slippery slope to cutting stuff like that Godzilla movie with crappy graphics from a while back (which I actually kinda liked). Until it becomes a real problem, I think accepting all requests is the way to go.

I'm not saying cut something that might be intresting to some and not to others, but a screen with a few images slaped on it and called a flash doesn't really have any value to anyone. A single frame loop also has no value and I can't see any single framed loop being all the reviewable.

All I'm saying is cut total garbage that the author knows they have submitted for that reason, not that they have submitted thinking it was going to be entertaining. There's a huge diffrence between the two in my view.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 12:13:25

At 7/11/08 09:22 PM, Bezman wrote:
Seems like it'd be a slippery slope to cutting stuff like that Godzilla movie with crappy graphics from a while back (which I actually kinda liked). Until it becomes a real problem, I think accepting all requests is the way to go.

I think that's pretty reasonable...I do agree that spam submissions are a bit annoying to review. But they really haven't been too big of a problem. (at least since I joined) I say if a spam flash gets requested every once in a while, then so be it. Just write a generic review for it and move on. I have no problem with that. But if this club ever begins to receive loads of them, then there is going to have to be some kind of flagging or screening system put in place. :/

Also, I wouldn't want requests to be cut based on one single person's opinion.

I agree with that 100%. If spam becomes a problem here then maybe we could bring in some kind of vote between club members to deem whether or not a request is worthy of review? Just a thought.

At 7/11/08 07:26 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
If you were really smart, you wouldn't need a calculator. ;-p

;-p

:O touche Bez...touche.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 13:45:08

At 7/12/08 12:13 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: But if this club ever begins to receive loads of them, then there is going to have to be some kind of flagging or screening system put in place. :/

That would be too late really though, I mean I know it's not a problem but we have two people posting the list of updates, one part the way through the week and one on the update. I'm not keen on that structure, but we could use it as a method of screening.

Say on the first list, one flash is stared with a symbol say an astarisc, then on the update list, the person posting that update decideds weather or not it should be counted on the request list, there you have a two person decision. Unless they are debated on before the final weeks update, then you have a group choice on this issue.

Eitherway, I don't belive shit should be allowed to get a request on the grounds that there isn't really much to say about something the author submitted on the grounds of being spam. As a group offering a service, we should give ourselfs the right to reject requests on the grounds of being spam or violations of submission rules.

At 7/12/08 12:13 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Just write a generic review for it and move on.

That's not the right attitude, if we are going to allow spam, the users in this group should review the flash/audio with honesty from what they think, making it unique from their other reviews on things. You can't just have a generic review for anything, it's lazy reviewing, though I do say spam is lazy creation, but that isn't the point.

On another note, I really wish people would request audio with vocals in them, it'd be a nice change from all these dance, trance and whatnot tracks.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 13:52:40

Sorry for not posting my points, I've moved into a new house without internet.
Thanks to everyone who have reviewed Button Finder 2.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 14:22:50

i love to join i love to do a detailed review on people flahes!

PM me i could help put voices into your flash (when my microphoe works...)

also my job ( i mean hobby) is to review your videos so watch out!

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 14:40:16

Hey guys Im creating my first trance song. I have created hip-hop before but this is a new challenge. So I could use some reviews on the demo. check it out HEAR.
Thank you,
+++DJ-CONNECT+++

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 17:25:10

Hello I would like to join. I love to review. djconnect that's a pretty good song.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 17:41:39

I wouldn't mind reviewing other people's flashes/audio.
I've wanted to get more reviews anyway.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 17:49:41

At 7/12/08 02:22 PM, drinks20 wrote: i love to join i love to do a detailed review on people flahes!
At 7/12/08 05:25 PM, KillerXorkan wrote: Hello I would like to join. I love to review. djconnect that's a pretty good song.

Alright, if you guys want to join then check out my post on page 163. (It's the big one toward the middle of the page.) That should tell you most of what you need to know right now) ALSO, the list of requests posted by Bezman right below my post is the list for this coming week. You guys are going to want to get started on those requests ASAP. ;p
Just make sure to write good, constructive reviews, and you'll be all set.
If you have any questions, or you can't find the posts I'm talking about, just ask and I'll be sure to help out.

At 7/12/08 01:45 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
That's not the right attitude, if we are going to allow spam, the users in this group should review the flash/audio with honesty from what they think, making it unique from their other reviews on things. You can't just have a generic review for anything, it's lazy reviewing, though I do say spam is lazy creation, but that isn't the point.

Heh, I suppose I use the word "generic" a little too loosely. I tried my hardest to give unique criticism to those two flashes last week. What I was saying is that it's a bit on the difficult side to give a good opinion of a flash when there's little to no content. :P

On another note, I really wish people would request audio with vocals in them, it'd be a nice change from all these dance, trance and whatnot tracks.

Yes, I agree. I love the songs with vocals. (Not that I don't enjoy all of the songs that are requested here. XP)

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 18:18:02

hey can you guys review this track ...its a collab i did and im extremely proud of it

The Pine Dexterity Attack

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 19:36:04

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 20:06:57

At last! i have completed the list ,15 audios sounds alot but not if you do it in small doses. Its not that bad. I see next weeks, list has 15 as well!. I find reviewing makes me better at it.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 21:14:38

Points for week-ending July 13th, 2008

4/11 M/G: 24 pts
1/15 Audio: 8 pts

+3 pts for posting

TOTAL: 35 pts

(+1 point for including RRC in reviews included in totals)

Sorry guys, works been a bitch this week I'll get all of them next week!

Did I do it right?

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 21:45:54

At 7/12/08 09:14 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote:
Did I do it right?

Ha! I like it. ;) Yes, you did fine. From what I can tell, your math is good and you got the point stuff right.

I can't believe the activity lately, with both requests and new members, gotta love it. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 23:03:51

You guys are absolutely fucking awesome. The song I recently requested got 9 reviews, about 100 more listens....just awesome. Please be aware of how incredibly beneficial and helpful your club is.

And I just recently requested a song, so I dunno if I can request another, but I'd love some insight on my most recent song Storm. Thanks a bunch for the help and input

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 23:26:26

Couldsome one review my audio?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 53409

This has got to be the song I put the most effort into..Sorta..

The funny thing about it is because as a musician it is a rather odd song..I use the same root notes.And I either play triplets or played powerchords with the SAME root note.Its funny because you cant tell..The gutars EQ makes it so its a wall of sound..

But it still sounds cool..But I cant say the same about the death growling..

Response to Review Request Club 2008-07-12 23:50:55

Hello!

I'd like a few reviews for my latest song:
Summer Days

At your leisure, of course.

It would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

I know I'm an asshole. Reminding me is redundant.

BBS Signature