00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,173 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-24 22:24:49

I'm tryin to think... KillZone thats what it was! Ah ha I remebered. Now don't get me wrong MGS4 is lookin absoutely phenomenal right now but you think they're pulling our leg with the graohics? They look really good..... almost too good...( raises an eyebrow)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-24 23:00:32

one thing that i dont like about MGS 4 is there bringing back to manry charicter like vamp Noimbie Grey Fox (ninja) solidus the sarrow

and this is gana be kajomies last game

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-25 05:52:25

At 12/24/05 11:00 PM, xthesnarfx wrote: Grey Fox (ninja)

liquid wiped the floor with his blood with the metal gear rex, how can he REALY come back?

solidus

k, they killed him in MGS2, he will not return unless he becomes ocelots left leg.(this joke is getting old)

the sarrow

the sorrow...just think about it, his spirit is in rusia, what good will it do to him to go to the US? and besides...he might have passed to the spiritual world wen he finaly got back together with the spirit of the boss, so fat chance he will return...

and who is kajomies?
i know hideo kojima, but what does kajomies do with the series?

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-26 10:05:55

Hey, wasn't MGS3: Subsistence supposed to come out around November for the US? I just noticed on GameFAQs that it'll be released on 14th March 2006. March 2006 still for Europe, but with the delay for the US, I bet MGS3:S will be delayed in Europe again. Damn, I just hope it doesn't get delayed.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-26 11:10:54

At 12/24/05 11:00 PM, xthesnarfx wrote: one thing that i dont like about MGS 4 is there bringing back to manry charicter like vamp Noimbie Grey Fox (ninja) solidus the sarrow

I think bringing old characters back is one of the best thing about mgs. It makes the game feel more like part of a series than just a seperate game with a seperate plot.

Merry chrismahannaquansica! everybody

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-26 12:26:49

Im not sure its kind of werid with raiden haveing a baby >=( and all the old charicters. well at least Ocolte will be in it cause he owns everyone

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-28 08:14:54

the sarrow
the sorrow...just think about it, his spirit is in rusia, what good will it do to him to go to the US? and besides...he might have passed to the spiritual world wen he finaly got back together with the spirit of the boss, so fat chance he will return...

dude he will never come back when you fight him in mgs3 its a dream
(when your fighting him it would be best not to kill everyone you see it makes the match reallllllly long)

Lol skating owns

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-28 11:19:25

At 12/28/05 08:14 AM, super-solid_snake wrote:
dude he will never come back when you fight him in mgs3 its a dream

uh, i know he is dead, but you know that there is no real thing like REALY dead in MGS.
i was just stating that there is no use for him of ever returning.
....even if it is funny.

sorrow: snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake....
snake: what the hell?
sorrow: do you remeber me snake?
snake: ...you look like my math teacher in first grade! please don't haunt me for my C minus...
sorrow: oh, talking to the wrong snake, sorry for the trobel.

(when your fighting him it would be best not to kill everyone you see it makes the match reallllllly long)

actualy, try to kill people in difrent ways, it can get realy funny. XD

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 11:54:38

you need two HD TVs for the PS3. One for the actual game and the other for stats. Bullshit you say? Oh much of it.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 13:47:11

I would like to join, I finished MGS 1 a total of 17 times, wanted to finish it 20 times but I got an Xbox for christmas (2000(i think)) and MGS 2.

You're my banana

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 13:49:49

At 12/29/05 01:47 PM, CUBErt wrote: I would like to join, I finished MGS 1 a total of 17 times, wanted to finish it 20 times but I got an Xbox for christmas (2000(i think)) and MGS 2.

I think usually to people who want to join, they have to ask a question about MGS and need to get it right (I think Pure was doing that, but I havn't seen him post for a while now). So welcome to the MGS club! Me, I think I've completed MGS1 around 20 times and MGS2 6 times.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 13:54:13

I got some news! Hideo was recently interviewed by PSM, and revieled some juicy new details about MGS4.

-Even Hideo himslef does not know what is worng with Snake. His heart attacks cause has not been thought out yet.

-Snake is injecting himself with... unconfirmed. Hideo still is working on the story.

-You will not play as "young" Snake.

-CQC may not return. It is a trademark of Big Boss, not Snake. Hideo said it would not make sense to have Snake use CQC.

-The "Solid Eye" aka "Eye-Patch-Thingie" will replace the radar. It will also be used for night vision, scope, ect.

-The "Metal Gear MK 2" aka "Otacons weird robot thingie from that other game" wil l replace the codec.

-Will Snake be talking to anyone else other than Otacon, Hideo said "Thats a secret" Lets keep in mind, his last secret was Raiden...

-The Metal Gear MK 2 may be used for scouting purposes. The scouting robot was always a dream of his, but the specs of the PS2 held him back.

-Hideo is strongly considering a second player control the Metal Gear MK 2.

-The Metal Gear like robots we saw in the trailer, are, infact, not robots. Its actually biomechanical, a cyborg of sorts. For example, shoot it, it will bleed.

-Those robots are very heavy into psycological warfare. If you watch the trailer again, you will notice that the machine makes very weird noises. For example, you can hear the moo of a cow, the click-clop of a horse, and the hiss of a cicada. This is designed to relax the player right before he is riddled with bullets and trampled to death.

-Raiden is very popular in Japan, so Hideo is striving to make Raiden a very cool character this time around.

-You will control vehicles.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 13:56:11

At 12/29/05 11:54 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote: you need two HD TVs for the PS3. One for the actual game and the other for stats. Bullshit you say? Oh much of it.

Where did u hear that? i kno the ps3 has the ability to do that, but you are not forced to do that.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 14:03:35

At 12/29/05 01:54 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I got some news! Hideo was recently interviewed by PSM, and revieled some juicy new details about MGS4.

-Even Hideo himslef does not know what is worng with Snake. His heart attacks cause has not been thought out yet.

Well i bet it's safe to say that they involve his age and poor cloning technology.

-CQC may not return. It is a trademark of Big Boss, not Snake. Hideo said it would not make sense to have Snake use CQC.

#1) that would suck alot and #2) why would snake do cqc in the tralier and not in the game.

-Will Snake be talking to anyone else other than Otacon, Hideo said "Thats a secret" Lets keep in mind, his last secret was Raiden...

Its a pretty safe bet that snake has a line of communication to others besides otacon

Cool

-The Metal Gear like robots we saw in the trailer, are, infact, not robots. Its actually biomechanical, a cyborg of sorts. For example, shoot it, it will bleed.

Very cool

-Those robots are very heavy into psycological warfare. If you watch the trailer again, you will notice that the machine makes very weird noises. For example, you can hear the moo of a cow, the click-clop of a horse, and the hiss of a cicada. This is designed to relax the player right before he is riddled with bullets and trampled to death.

already knew that from an interview in game informer.

-Raiden is very popular in Japan, so Hideo is striving to make Raiden a very cool character this time around.

Raiden=cool? no possible way!

sweet

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 14:11:44

At 12/29/05 01:54 PM, AshfordPride wrote: I got some news! Hideo was recently interviewed by PSM, and revieled some juicy new details about MGS4.

That's good information. Thanks for letting me know about this! :D

Well, that's not good.

-The "Solid Eye" aka "Eye-Patch-Thingie" will replace the radar. It will also be used for night vision, scope, ect.
-The "Metal Gear MK 2" aka "Otacons weird robot thingie from that other game" wil l replace the codec.

Ah, this'll be interesting.

Hmm, I wonder, but I'm sure there'll be other people to talk to on that Metal Gear MK 2, unless Hideo will think of just talking to Otacon.

A bit like the Rays on MGS2, right?

I do not like the sound of this. Raiden, a very cool character. Nah, that can't be possible!

This'll be interesting as well. Most of the things on MGS4 I want to see there. I'll have to wait for at least a year for this this come out! :(

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 16:10:26

At 12/29/05 01:54 PM, AshfordPride wrote:

i will be totaly shocked if it turns out to be something other then foxdie.

-Snake is injecting himself with... unconfirmed. Hideo still is working on the story.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...he just made the total script of the game, and he does not know such an importand plot point? he is pulling your leg.

NO SHIT?!

he did use it before, all forms of combat are CQC.
hell, we even see CQC in the trailer of MGS4!

scanner?

i don't think it will totaly replace the codec...

ehhh, he shut his trap till the verry last second that the main character of MGS3 was big boss, that's more new then that.

-The Metal Gear MK 2 may be used for scouting purposes. The scouting robot was always a dream of his, but the specs of the PS2 held him back.

something bugs me with the idea that otacon will use it...i don't know what.

if that hapens, it will only be an option.

it even has a name now!
metal gear chiken legs!
(made up)

eh, all the MGs in previos games did that, it was purely for drama.(a godzila roar from the MG rex? how funny, hideo...)

for him to become more popular here, he will need:
-steroids
-a beard
-a smoke
-a bandana
....another snake, all round.

a tank? =)

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-29 16:42:15

At 12/29/05 01:49 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 12/29/05 01:47 PM, CUBErt wrote: I would like to join, I finished MGS 1 a total of 17 times, wanted to finish it 20 times but I got an Xbox for christmas (2000(i think)) and MGS 2.
I think usually to people who want to join, they have to ask a question about MGS and need to get it right (I think Pure was doing that, but I havn't seen him post for a while now). So welcome to the MGS club! Me, I think I've completed MGS1 around 20 times and MGS2 6 times.

Sweet! I'll make a sig pic.

And yeah, MGS2 i've done it 12 times. Not sure why tho, not alot of replay value on that one.

You're my banana

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 06:16:32

At 12/29/05 04:42 PM, CUBErt wrote: And yeah, MGS2 i've done it 12 times. Not sure why tho, not alot of replay value on that one.

What got me to keep replaying that game was some things I found out about the game and the extra items I got such as the Bandana (Brown wig for Raiden :|) and Stealth. I did find it fun to use those items on MGS2.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 09:53:41

At 12/30/05 06:16 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: I did find it fun to use those items on MGS2.

They sure are fun! Its so great to get stealth and summersalt through the marines on the Tanker! The brown wig was a little creepy to use, I think it made Raiden look like Elton John... It pissed me off that the hardest thing to unlock, the blue wig, just let you breath underwater... Great, this will come in handy for that one part when I have to save Ema...

One a side note... COSPLAY TIME!

metal gear solid club

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 12:11:49

At 12/30/05 09:53 AM, AshfordPride wrote:

MGS3: Child eater

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 12:40:58

At 12/29/05 01:56 PM, Sleeping_Insomniac wrote:
At 12/29/05 11:54 AM, Warhammer_40K wrote: you need two HD TVs for the PS3. One for the actual game and the other for stats. Bullshit you say? Oh much of it.
Where did u hear that? i kno the ps3 has the ability to do that, but you are not forced to do that.

Game informer, gamespot, IGN, its all over the place, in most areas at least. You are crtainly not forced to do that but when a question comes up to as why youcan't see how much ammo you have or what your health is looking like just turn towards yoursecond HD. Also it seems as if HD is necessasary to give a clear picture. If you've seen the tariler for killzone 2 you will know its gonna need a visually high defition TV to display the intensity of the graphics otherwise you'll see what may look to you as a regular PS2 game with blurry visuals and awkward lighting. No you are not forced to get another TV or a HD for that matter but prepared to be unfulfilled if one does not accompany your household.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 12:48:20

At 12/30/05 09:53 AM, AshfordPride wrote: The brown wig was a little creepy to use, I think it made Raiden look like Elton John...

I wish he could've got a bandana. That brown wig was just stupid.

It pissed me off that the hardest thing to unlock, the blue wig, just let you breath underwater...

I didn't get enough dog tags for the red wig or blue wig. The most I got was Bandana and Stealth for both missions. I think you needed every dog tag collected on Tanker on all difficulties in order to get the last special item. :| Sounds very hard to me.

I guess this is from MGS3. I wouldn't know much about MGS3, but I'd say that cosplay is quite good.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 13:08:44

:isplay the intensity of the graphics otherwise you'll see what may look to you as a regular PS2 game with blurry visuals and awkward lighting. No you are not forced to get another TV or a HD for that matter but prepared to be unfulfilled if one does not accompany your household.

Well i got a nice big HDTV (which is currently broken, but not badly) and i got a seperate tv tucked away in a nook of my entertainment center (which is not HD nor big) i just was pretty sure you didn't need 2 hd tv's to play the game.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 14:46:07

yo i want to join i played MGS1 once played MGS2 once and i played MGS3 three times!!!!! metal gear rocks snake the best f*ck solidus and liquid is a little cool

metal gear solid club

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 15:39:58

At 12/30/05 02:46 PM, coktailboy wrote: yo i want to join i played MGS1 once played MGS2 once and i played MGS3 three times!!!!! metal gear rocks snake the best f*ck solidus and liquid is a little cool

Liquid is well cool. He's on par with Snake if anything. The mans the coolest bad guy ever.
Raiden is cool also. You guys shouldn't be so harsh on him. He was far better to play with than Snake (cartwell > roll).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 15:43:44

At 12/30/05 02:46 PM, coktailboy wrote: yo i want to join

Okay, welcome to the MGS club!

i played MGS1 once played MGS2 once and i played MGS3 three times!!!!!

Ever thinking about playing on MSG1 or 2 again? Playing them once doesn't sound enough. ;) MGS3 three times, well, I don't have MGS3, so I dunno what to say about that.

At 12/30/05 03:39 PM, -Nev- wrote: Raiden is cool also. You guys shouldn't be so harsh on him. He was far better to play with than Snake (cartwell > roll).

I will agree with Raiden's cartwheel being better than Snake's roll. That's the only thing I think Raiden is better than Snake at. However, I don't think Raiden is cool.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 15:54:42

I made a pic, it sucks, I know, but still, it shows my devotion to the club.

metal gear solid club

You're my banana

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-30 18:40:40

MGS4 is getting me wet. Also MGS3 subsidence or whatever its called lokks really good, especially the online part.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-31 08:49:33

At 12/30/05 03:54 PM, CUBErt wrote: I made a pic, it sucks, I know, but still, it shows my devotion to the club.

Sucks? No way! I think that's a good sig. Good text and a good picture of Snake used there. I don't think it sucks one bit. I'll say, good work on that sig.

Response to metal gear solid club 2005-12-31 11:19:01

wana kmow what I just hate in MGS 2 besides Raiden is that part at the end wear you get the sowrd and your about to fight all thos bad guys and snakes like if u need more amo just ask me and Raiden says what if you run out then snake points to his banndana and says "infanate amo" now thats just dumb

BBS Signature