00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Final Fantasy Club

803,395 Views | 25,860 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-04 15:50:04

Versus and KH3 aren't happening if Nomura is in control of the Projects.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-05 16:01:58

At 4/4/13 03:50 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Versus and KH3 aren't happening if Nomura is in control of the Projects.

Well, Square-Enix has gone on and on about how they are going to change things and crap like that when they turned in a great financial loss this past year. One of the head executives has already stepped down and I'm expecting a few more to as well and, hopefully, someone with a bit of common sense and reason will take over to make decisions that better what the company does.

Or they could always just keep on fucking their fan base over too. Whatever works.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-06 00:27:05

At 4/5/13 09:44 PM, Travis wrote: Wait... what?

Square Enix was fiscally in the green last year I believe. FF XIII-2 and Deus Ex helped them tremendously.

Here ya go.

It's about halfway through the article. It started off with their games like Tomb Raider and Hitman not selling enough (even though both of them passed the three million mark within a month of being on market) and...yeah, just read the article.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-06 11:07:32

At 4/5/13 09:44 PM, Travis wrote: Wait... what?

Square Enix was fiscally in the green last year I believe. FF XIII-2 and Deus Ex helped them tremendously.

yeah thats what I thought especially when SE bought, Eidos PLC in 2009 and publishing Tomb Raider and Hitman.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-06 17:06:25

At 4/6/13 11:58 AM, Travis wrote: The sad part is, it may be the only thing that can save them at this point. It understandable that KH3 and other similar games would sell well, but seriously they are going to die as a company if they don't hurry the fuck up and do what needs to be done.

well lets see who runs the two big games fans want done with you might know where I am going here: Tetsuya Nomura. the asshat is the director of KH and Versus and after 7 years STILL NO RESULTS!

You know what... Final Fantasy is tired, it's obvious that they dev cycles are to long and they aren't selling enough. So remake Final Fantasy 7 and cast the series out to sea and come up with a new series because Square, at least from how it's looking, is about to tank hard.

well at least Remake FFVII, then make Final Fantasy go back to its roots with Story plot, music, character development and background not fucking graphics (FFVII, FFVIII) its this whole "Graphics" fad thats ruining it they take to much time with graphics then they do with what I mentioned why do you think XIII series is shit?

otherwise it shall indeed tank hard because its losing it JRPG roots

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-06 22:58:51

At 4/6/13 05:30 PM, Travis wrote: I don't care if anyone likes FF9 or not, the protagonist has a fucking tail and that's absurd and stupid. You aren't Dragonball or Goku you stupid fuck Nomura...

Nomura had nothing to do with IX though, he was too busy designing Seymour's hair and otherwise shitting things up. IX started development before VIII was finished, and then nomura went right on to X before IX was finished. He still made sure to make Zidane and Kuja as anrogynous and generic as possible in Dissidia though, because surely he couldn't have people thinking sakaguchi's characters were cooler than cold hearted mercenary #357.

Zidane also has a tail to isolate him and make it clear he's not human, not to copy DBZ. The fact that Zidane and Kuja go super saiyan at different parts of the plot is also pure coincidence.

What I think is bullshit is the fact that IX had one of the shorter development cycles in the series (a year and a half) yet it's possibly the most polished game in the series. IX made you feel like their was a whole team with creative ideas working behind it, not just one guy who watches some random anime episodes in a foreign language, snorts a line of coke and draws hairstyles for 7 hours straight in hopes that this time he's made the best game ever.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 07:32:56

Now, I actually liked XIII and XIII-2 (although the mythos is retarded-inconsistent, never heard shit about Etro or Yeul or whatever until XIII-2... how fucking convenient)

Um to be fair you didn't know a lot of shit in XIII at all for most of the game. You were blinder in 13 than you ever were in 10 for example.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 08:02:03

At 4/8/13 07:32 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Um to be fair you didn't know a lot of shit in XIII at all for most of the game. You were blinder in 13 than you ever were in 10 for example.

True I had to go to FF wiki to get the terms down and get a little bit of back story since I was so damn confused. I could actually follow early on in X.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 12:23:50

You can make the argument that we didn't know much about what was happening in XIII, but there were places with downtime where there's not a single mention of a seeress.

I just want some damn consistency is all.

I don't recall a seeress ever being common knowledge. I got the impression Hope gleaned that from research.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 19:11:02

so you guys think we will get any big announcements for E3?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 20:01:37

At 4/8/13 07:11 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so you guys think we will get any big announcements for E3?

We may get told that they will have a big announcement for a later date there. But I want FFX's remaster

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 20:24:35

At 4/8/13 08:01 PM, Ceratisa wrote: We may get told that they will have a big announcement for a later date there. But I want FFX's remaster

I really want to play Bitzball and summon Anima in HD. all 1080P worth of it.

I get erection just thinking about it..

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 20:26:06

At 4/8/13 08:24 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/8/13 08:01 PM, Ceratisa wrote: We may get told that they will have a big announcement for a later date there. But I want FFX's remaster
I really want to play Bitzball and summon Anima in HD. all 1080P worth of it.

I get erection just thinking about it..

But the laughing scene is still one of the most painful things in gaming history for me think of...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-08 20:29:28

At 4/8/13 08:26 PM, Ceratisa wrote: But the laughing scene is still one of the most painful things in gaming history for me think of...

or Tidus's constant whining the only thing that makes it good is when Auron tells him to shut the hell up

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-09 06:37:15

At 4/8/13 12:18 PM, Travis wrote: I followed along just fine myself.

Either way, there's not one single mention of time travel, Yeul, or any of this mythos bullshit that everyone seems to have common knowledge of in XIII-2.

You can make the argument that we didn't know much about what was happening in XIII, but there were places with downtime where there's not a single mention of a seeress.

I just want some damn consistency is all.

I think that the people that represent "common knowledge" of all the crap that they put in XIII-2 probably read through the datalog in XIII thoroughly. If I remember correctly, I thought I read something of Yeul or a seeress being in there, but really it's for people who actually want to read through walls and walls of text to find out the game's lore (which will become almost completely useless if you actually memorize what said lore is all about).

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-09 12:14:04

yeah if we wanted the backstory and lore intergrate it deeper within the plot just not make it some optional background thing you can learn. that was the problem with the first XIII

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-09 18:42:56

Seekers of Audolin came out extremely badass the Runefencer kicks ass as a subjob for alot of marital and hybrid job classes (Paladin, Red Mage etc)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-09 21:53:19

At 4/9/13 09:38 PM, Travis wrote:
At 4/8/13 07:11 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: so you guys think we will get any big announcements for E3?
An FF6, FF7, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, or Vagrant Story remake would catch my attention.

Remaking FF7 would be the smartest business move for square to make at the current time.

I'd buy a collector edition FF6 remake (That would be a first for me)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-10 08:17:25

At 4/9/13 09:38 PM, Travis wrote: Remaking FF7 would be the smartest business move for square to make at the current time.

of course Square enix has a whole production department devoted to FF (1st production department)

it would they still have the concept and character art and all of the shit from the original FFVII and character models from Advent so thats a good 10% done right there in production you have the Story and the music (which could easily be redone within a month) all you would have to do is bring it up all up to current gen standards and BAM your done.

I mean hell the 1st production department has a HUGE staff they could easily get this accomplished within 1-2 years.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-10 12:48:25

At 4/10/13 11:38 AM, Travis wrote: But with this new Luminous Engine, they should have no fucking problem doing it anymore.

They always say THE WORLD OF FF7 IS TO BIG.

it was hardly big compared to FFXIII hell most of the time you couldn't get back to Midgar or pother important places in the first and second Disk!

Well now you have the next gen of consoles to work with, with more power and more memory.

exactly its not that fucking hard especially since they aren't doing shit with Versus or KH3.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-10 17:42:54

At 4/10/13 03:32 PM, Travis wrote: He's such a fucking control freak. It's just more proof that he is the main problem with Square. He is such a little crybaby bitch over a game released for VCAST VERIZONE PHONES... with such a small niche, why should he be so upset about it? Because he is worthless and wants to ruin everything.

yeah he is. but on the upside they could totally port Before Crisis on US phones due to specs and software being able to handle it. hell they have FFI-III on the Android market they could totally do it with Before Crisis

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-11 09:57:18

At 4/10/13 08:37 PM, Travis wrote:;
looked into the storyline for it because I thought it was never gonna get ported... Sadly, the story retcons even more useless shit that the whole debacle that is Genesis.

It turns the Turks into heroes AND introduces more overly significant bullshit.

It ruins the aura they have and their coolness.

bull you honestly think in VII a whole department consisted of 4 members? there are also plenty of supplemental stuff in there to.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-11 11:18:12

At 4/11/13 11:03 AM, Travis wrote: It's partially what made them so cool. Just four badasses tasked with doing the dirty work.
'

yeah but that also made them ineffective

And there's also a "summon" at the end that is just as powerful as Omega Weapon and it is going to destroy the world or whatever.

The shit is stupid.

Meteor was a summon to destroy the world is that stupid? and the Turks were way more badass a big group who were better they scouted for SOLDIER Candidates.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-04-11 14:24:24

At 4/11/13 01:26 PM, Travis wrote:

Ive beaten the Turks 3 times
you can be the one to get all of the Big Materia (its a choice YOU or the Turks)
you escape from the Turks two or three times
Elena is a shit character
it takes Reno how long to heal?
They used Marlene as a crutch

It's stupid to keep trying to make all of these earth shattering powers just to try and make a story worth playing.

what do you expect its a Fantasy and with the great powers that can save there are complete opposites that can destroy
its what keeps it interesting

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-05-15 05:03:02

At 5/14/13 10:00 PM, Travis wrote:
2. Final Fantasy 6 and 7 remakes

FF 5 and 6 will probably not get remade to the degree the earlier titles have, Square probably called it good when they ported and added content to Game Boy Advance, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Here's the pipe dream of what would be announced if I had it my way...

1. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is getting released on PS3 right before PS4 launch

People still care about this game?

2. Final Fantasy 6 and 7 remakes announced for PS4

3. Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve remakes for PS3 or PS4

Both fantastic in their own right, but not successful. Square only cares about $$$ so not gonna happen.

4. Vagrant Story 2 announcement

See above

5. Parasite Eve 4 announcement.

They'd need to make a PE3 first.

6. Chrono Trigger remake for PS3 or PS4

Again with the ds port they've probably written CT off their books. They've closed fan projects, and haven't talked about the series since 2001, I wouldn't waste your time on hoping for anything from Square in regards to Chrono.

7. Chrono Trigger TRUE sequel for PS3 or PS4

---

We all know that only the first two will probably happen, but a man can fucking dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-05-15 07:58:44

Lol that shit won't be happening now with a certain asshole there making things difficult.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-05-16 04:16:39

The only way Square will make it is if it makes plenty of $$$ yet they are idiots because a remake off FFVII and chrono trigger would soar in sales and if they finally completed KH3.

But it will probably take another 9 month period and 50 million in loss sales to fucking realize it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-06-02 08:42:50

good news when Tetsuya Nomura gets done with the Shit series of FFXIII and Versus he will start working on KH3

link

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-06-19 06:39:14

well if they do X first and it does well do the ones after it then do the old school (preferably VII) I mean after XV and KH3 they should have more than enough resources to upgrade the old school FFs. I don't think its a matter of funding though if they did why not just start a kickstarter with some awesome benefits I would be more than happy to throw my money there.

hell I would take out a loan for 5K if they they had some sweet benefits on Kickstarter for FFVII Remake.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-06-19 08:19:15

At 6/19/13 06:39 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: well if they do X first and it does well do the ones after it then do the old school (preferably VII)

I'm by no means a massive Final Fantasy fan or someone who pays close attention to Square Enix, but I thought I'd chip in on what I think of a Final Fantasy VII remake, seeing as I played through VII just last week.

VII still holds up as a pretty awesome RPG. It's a game that I personally don't think needs a great deal of updating done. If the character models were to be remade with more detail (especially the out of battle character models) I think that, visually, it'd be a much nicer looking game. Most of the backgrounds are fine as they are, in my opinion. Although I guess people have different ideas of just how much should be remade. When people talk about Final Fantasy VII remakes, do they essentially mean a whole new game, or just tweaks to the original game to modernise it a little? In the sense that Pokemon Soul Silver isn't just an update of the original Pokemon Silver, but it's a whole new game.

I'm always a bit iffy on the idea of remaking games. Especially games that are considered classic. The only real benefit I think remaking old games has is that it allows younger gamers to experience the game too. Younger gamers who, for the most part, will be put off Final Fantasy VII just because it looks like an old game. I'd rather they make new games, than focus their attention on remaking the past. Although from what I gather, the Final Fantasy series hasn't been doing so well when it comes to making new games in recent years. I've never played any of the FF games after X.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature