00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

*ZELDA CLUB*

249,604 Views | 4,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-10 19:02:13

Even more good news.

The DS game will not be related to Four Swords.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-11 06:02:38

At 6/10/05 07:12 PM, ThreeStar wrote:
Eh, my Ocarina of Time knowledge is pretty much endless. From the Nintendo characters in Zelda's windows to catching the fisherman-guy's hat, I can tell you anything you want to hear. :0

I'm also currently trying to rebeat Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This will only be my third or fourth time.

Yeah, some while ago I also tried to rebeat Zelda, for the third time that would be. I recently gave up though, I was at the Water temple and I really don't like that one, I was also too busy with other things. Not too busy right now so maybe I should go on with it.

Does anyone know if a Zelda: OoT speed-run has been done before? I can't imagine how long it would take, but still...

Uh.. Speed-run? sorry don't know what your talking about. You mean trying to beat the game as fast as you can or something? I think that would take a couple of days.

I also found some new site with a lot of screenshots I haven't seen before. There are also a couple of trailers that you can download and watch there:
http://www.gamershell.com/game...ight_princess/screenshots.html
I really can't wait till it comes out, but I guess I have to wait for a loooooong time.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-11 13:34:57

At 6/11/05 06:02 AM, Auz wrote: Uh.. Speed-run? sorry don't know what your talking about. You mean trying to beat the game as fast as you can or something? I think that would take a couple of days.

Speed-runs are when the player rushes through the game/certain levels of the game as quickly as possible, to complete the main storyline. It's not measured in days, it's measured in hours. www.speeddemosarchive.com is one such site. Infact, they have OOT there. Here it is. FIVE HOURS, NINE MINUTES, AND FOUR SECONDS. Good luck threestar, you'll have one hell of a time trying to beat that. To view the movies, you might need DivX player.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-11 15:23:31

At 6/11/05 01:34 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Speed-runs are when the player rushes through the game/certain levels of the game as quickly as possible, to complete the main storyline. It's not measured in days, it's measured in hours. www.speeddemosarchive.com is one such site. Infact, they have OOT there. Here it is. FIVE HOURS, NINE MINUTES, AND FOUR SECONDS. Good luck threestar, you'll have one hell of a time trying to beat that. To view the movies, you might need DivX player.

Aha, and I see you have to download parts of the game and don't have to play it on the N64 right? Well 5:09:04 is really fast for OoT, If I really did my best, I think I could do it in.. 8-10 hours. Anyway, good luck with it Threestar

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-11 15:33:33

Heres a question for ya.

What's the most powerful sword in OOT called?

And if you wish to proove that your really good at the game,

When's the earlyest you got that sword?

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-12 05:09:20

At 6/11/05 06:01 PM, ThreeStar wrote: I seriously thought it would take maybe a whole day to beat, but five hours? That's just nuts. Thanks for the link. I guess I need to go find something else to be the best at, then. >:[

I know, I downloaded the first section, it's insane. He gets out of the deku tree in under 10 minutes from the start of the game, including cutscenes.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-12 05:29:20

At 6/11/05 06:01 PM, ThreeStar wrote:
WTFFFFFF NOOOO >:[

I seriously thought it would take maybe a whole day to beat, but five hours? That's just nuts. Thanks for the link. I guess I need to go find something else to be the best at, then. >:[

Meh.. A couple of things that could save some time:
-When you shoot Gohma from the ceiling, if your timing is good, it's possible to defeat her at once. Saves about 30 seconds
-Dunno if your able to restart the game, but after you come from the castle and have to get Saria song, restart. Saves 2 minutes.
-You probably already knew this, but when talking, press B to skip a lot of text. Could save a couple of minutes since you have a lot or talking in the game.
-After you've stunned King Dodongo, use a stick. You only have to hit him twice instead of 4 times. Saves 1 minute I think.
-Some stuff that is unnecessary:
~Zora suit (although it is very handy, but you don't have to have it)
~Giants knife (comes in very handy when fighting Bongo Bongo and Twinrova though)
~Bombchu's
~Magic Beans
~Hylian Shield
-And the most important thing, don't get the horse. That saves about 15-20 minutes in total, depends on how much trouble you have beating Ingo at the race.

So in total all this stuff would save about half an hour. Dunno if you still wanna try though and I think you already know most of this stuff. Ow and beating the Deku Tree in 10 minutes is possible I think, but from the start with all the cutscenes and the intro movie as well?? That's almost impossible. Even the intro movie takes about 3 minutes and the talking with the Deku Tree takes about 3 minutes as well. So he would have about 4 minutes to do that.

Anyway, you can also try to do Majora's Mask. That record was 4 hours and 19 minutes I thought. I think that can be done, depends on how well you use the three days in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-12 09:41:13

Zelda is the greatest series of games ever, no doubt!

I like making movies, music, and smoking weed. Call me crazy.

Video Production Club Create, Share, Discuss with fellow NG video enthusiasts!

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-13 05:06:41

Hello! I was just wondering how is it that I can join. Please let me know, thank you.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-14 07:09:07

At 6/12/05 05:29 AM, Auz wrote: Ow and beating the Deku Tree in 10 minutes is possible I think, but from the start with all the cutscenes and the intro movie as well?? That's almost impossible. Even the intro movie takes about 3 minutes and the talking with the Deku Tree takes about 3 minutes as well. So he would have about 4 minutes to do that.

Yes, everything. From OMGF WAIK UP LIENK IM A FUKCIING FAIRY AND I WANNA BE UR FREIND to getting the fairy ocarina from Saria. Watch it yourself, it's amazing

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-14 07:19:11

At 6/12/05 05:29 AM, Auz wrote: So in total all this stuff would save about half an hour.

Roll, backflip, and side flip everywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-15 13:39:47

can i join.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-15 14:50:48

At 6/14/05 07:19 AM, DihydrogenMonoxide wrote:
At 6/12/05 05:29 AM, Auz wrote: So in total all this stuff would save about half an hour.
Roll, backflip, and side flip everywhere.

Dunno about rolling, but backflipping and sideflipping could indeed save some time as well. Too bad the bunny hood doesn't give Link extra speed.

At 6/15/05 01:39 PM, darkwolfman wrote: can i join.

Yeah sure, think that's fine with everyone else here

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-16 22:58:48

At 6/16/05 10:43 PM, Tal-con wrote: So is anyone going to help me? I figure since the last post before mine was on 4/15/05 it'd be a pretty active club, but I've gotten no answers. I'd hate to bump a dying topic, but I don't know where else to go.

Ummm.....what do you need help with? I'm too lazy to go back who knows how many pages to find one single thing, it would be easier for you to just say it again. :(

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-17 15:14:53

At 6/16/05 10:43 PM, Tal-con wrote: I'd hate to bump a dying topic, but I don't know where else to go.

A club with 77 pages may alsways be bumped I think.. no one will notice it anyway..

At 6/16/05 11:16 PM, Tal-con wrote:
At 6/16/05 08:11 PM, Tal-con wrote: I need help with a zelda game, it's been a while since I posted in this club, but I'm glad it' still active, I really need it now <3

Ok, so I bought the original zelda game, you know, the one for the NES, and I'm doing the first quest, and I can't find the seventh dungeon !! Help plz

Well you could
1)go to www.cheatplanet.com and find some strategy guide
2)go to www.google.com and find some strategy guide
3)Just find it out yourself
Can't help that much, I don't have that game, but I hope you'll find it

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-17 15:27:51

At 6/16/05 11:16 PM, Tal-con wrote:
It was my last post, but I can understand your laziness, help me out here, thanks <3

Oh, lol, sorry. Umm......I don't know where the seventh dungeon is, but why don't you look for it yourself? It would be more rewarding. ;)

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-20 12:05:04

Allright, I don't have that much to do these days so I decided to find you the walkthrough (also cause this topic needs a little bump). Here's what I found:

Walk off the screen you apear on, equip the Recorder, and blow on it till
Link appears at the pond where Level Three is located. From there, Link
should head downt he blue staircase to E13 to fight the Red Octoroks and
Blue Octoroks while heading east to E14. Head south through F14 to G14,
followed by heading east to G15. Blow on Link's Recorder to reveal a
staircase to a 10 Rupee Gift, and then continue east to G16 to fight Red
Octoroks and Blue Octoroks. Turn north to F16 to fight more Red Octoroks,
Blue Octoroks, and a Zola as you use your Ladder to cross the water to get
the Heart Container off the dock floating in the water.

Now you need to backtrack through the following areas: G16 to G15 to G14.
Head north to F14, followed by taking out Blue moblins as the western exit
is taken to reach F13. Go south immediately, equip Link's Blue Candle, and
burn the following tree:
(hopefully this'll be a bit clear)

TTTT TTTTTTT TTT
TTTT TTTTTTT TTT
TTTT STL
TTTT T TTT
T TTT
T TTT
T TTT
TTTTTT TTT
TTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

When standing at the "L" position in the diagram, face left and throw your
Blue Candle flame to burn the indicated busg to reveal a stairway. Go north
to F13, fight off the Blue Moblins, and walk west to F12 to fight the Red
Moblins and Blue Moblins as Link turns south to go to G12 to fight Red
Moblins, Blue Moblins, and Blue Octotoks as Link enters the screen to the
east (G13). Take the stairs that Link burned earlier to enter into Level
Seven!

Well, here's where I got this from:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/legend_of_zelda_i.txt
I hope it's the right game and you'll find level 7 with this

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-21 19:39:38

may i join the zelda club

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-21 19:57:11

At 6/21/05 07:39 PM, neloangelo1 wrote: may i join the zelda club

Sure, just don't say stupid things and make sure you follor the NG BBS rules

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-22 10:26:57

has anyone seen the tralier for the new LOZ game it is the best. I hope it comes out soon.

*ZELDA CLUB*

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-22 17:55:07

At 6/22/05 10:26 AM, 18334 wrote: has anyone seen the tralier for the new LOZ game it is the best. I hope it comes out soon.

No. I have never even heard of it. News of a zelda game is completely new to me. Yes, I am dumb, deaf, and blind. Mere discrepancies.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-25 18:41:54

I love the Zelda games so can I join?

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-25 19:20:02

I have returned from my busy life to say hello friends I'm still alive. I must welcom the newest member. Unless someone objects.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-26 16:40:45

Thanks whats your favoret Zelda game? Mines Majoras Mask.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-26 22:35:02

At 6/26/05 04:40 PM, DarkZeldaFan wrote: Thanks whats your favoret Zelda game? Mines Majoras Mask.

Mines OoT, of course. However, that may change upon the release of the brand new Zelda game :D

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-27 05:09:21

Hey I would like to join...my favorite Zelda Game would have to be OOT, with Majora's Mask second. Can't wait to see this new one though, it looks great : )

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-27 06:27:30

At 6/26/05 04:40 PM, DarkZeldaFan wrote: Thanks whats your favoret Zelda game? Mines Majoras Mask.

Mine would be Ocarina of Time as well. I played the game during the whole summer of '98 or '99 =), good times. I still play that game sometimes. Second place would be Majora's Mask for me.

At 6/27/05 05:09 AM, HailHail1997 wrote: Hey I would like to join...my favorite Zelda Game would have to be OOT, with Majora's Mask second. Can't wait to see this new one though, it looks great : )

Yeah sure, I think that's fine with everyone else here. Welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-27 09:36:35

At 6/22/05 05:55 PM, DihydrogenMonoxide wrote:
At 6/22/05 10:26 AM, 18334 wrote: has anyone seen the tralier for the new LOZ game it is the best. I hope it comes out soon.
No. I have never even heard of it. News of a zelda game is completely new to me. Yes, I am dumb, deaf, and blind. Mere discrepancies.

go to gamespot.com it has all the trailers for the game

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-27 20:33:57

I think when I first got OOT I played it for 7 straight hours. Excellent game. Tremendous story. Also, as a yaoi enthusiast I must say that link has gotten some well deserved attention from me. Anyway I cant wait for the new one to come out. It's supposed to be around this coming yule season.

Response to *ZELDA CLUB* 2005-06-27 20:58:23

What is the main reason you like your favoret Zelda game so much? I like the story and all the masks in MM.