00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Back from San Jose!

11,045 Views | 106 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:00:56

At 3/26/06 07:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: My plane arrived back in Philly at 10:30pm last night and my first "welcome back" was that the site was down. Sorry about that! On top of all that, my cable box died while I was away in San Jose for the Game Developers Conference / Independent Games Festival, so I didn't get to catch up on an increasingly rare event - a new episode of Lost.

The IGF was lots of fun! Dad 'n Me won the award for web game of the year, which made me really happy because now I still feel relevant. I got to meet up with lots of great internet people and I'll be posting a page of pictures in the near future. I was especially lucky on this trip because I was one of the only people who didn't get a stomach bug, which basically made you vomit for 24 hours straight. Dan and John caught it after the first night and Dan wasn't able to show up to walk on stage and accept the award. Other victims soon followed, including April on our last night there. The whole thing reminded me of that scene in Stand by Me, where everyone starts puking up blueberries.

I'm catching up on tons of emails, so sorry in advance to anyone who gets ignored. Talking to people at the GDC, I'm amazed by stories of how grateful some people were when they were just starting out and sent me an email, and I actually replied. It makes me think of all the people I DIDN'T reply to and how they probably hate me now. If you are one of those people, get over it! No really, I'm sorry for being a dick.

I'll be appearing LIVE on Attack of the Show this Wednesday, March 29th, via iChat. The show airs 7PM EST, 4PM PST on G4TV. We'll be doing another round-up of popular NG submissions!

Welcome back Tom! I can't wait to see Attack of the Show this Wednesday, I won't miss it, I end up Tivo-ing almost every G4 show on the Network! Good luck! And congratulations on winning Web Game Of The Year, I can't wait to hear about other awards you will win! I also can't wait to see what popular submissions you guys air that night! I doubt any of MY submissions will end up anywhere besides here, not that I have a problem with that at all. Congrats!

-Tech

Let's all catch thumbtacks on our bare eyes!

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:08:32

Hahoo, someone else is a Lost fan too, eh?

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:11:18

At 3/26/06 07:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: My plane arrived back in Philly at 10:30pm last night and my first "welcome back" was that the site was down.

Heh, you must have been pretty freaked at that.

Sorry about that! On top of all that, my cable box died while I was away in San Jose for the Game Developers Conference / Independent Games Festival, so I didn't get to catch up on an increasingly rare event - a new episode of Lost.

OH NOES! You missed the new episode of Lost!

The IGF was lots of fun! Dad 'n Me won the award for web game of the year, which made me really happy because now I still feel relevant.

That's great to hear

I got to meet up with lots of great internet people and I'll be posting a page of pictures in the near future. I was especially lucky on this trip because I was one of the only people who didn't get a stomach bug

Hehe, lucky you.

which basically made you vomit for 24 hours straight. Dan and John caught it after the first night and Dan wasn't able to show up to walk on stage and accept the award. Other victims soon followed, including April on our last night there. The whole thing reminded me of that scene in Stand by Me, where everyone starts puking up blueberries.

Everyone else caught it but you? ROFL.

I'm catching up on tons of emails, so sorry in advance to anyone who gets ignored. Talking to people at the GDC, I'm amazed by stories of how grateful some people were when they were just starting out and sent me an email, and I actually replied. It makes me think of all the people I DIDN'T reply to and how they probably hate me now. If you are one of those people, get over it!

Until the bit after that, I was lolling at it.

I'll be appearing LIVE on Attack of the Show this Wednesday, March 29th, via iChat. The show airs 7PM EST, 4PM PST on G4TV. We'll be doing another round-up of popular NG submissions!

That's also great to hear.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:12:55

Well done on the award! shame you missed Lost but nothing is perfect.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:19:51

welcome back tom

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:23:53

OMG BIRD FLEW MUTHA F*CKIN BIRD FLEW!!!!! TO THE BOMB SHELTERS!!!

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:24:48

Ah man that's great news! I am really happy that Dan got sick :D

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 11:32:11

At 3/27/06 11:24 AM, Ninja-chicken wrote: Ah man that's great news! I am really happy that Dan got sick :D

Don't say that... you'll get banned... Like last time... -__-

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 12:00:50

I prefer Alein Hominid to Dad N' Me...
Dad N' Me is just going around beating people up.
Alein Hominid is more challenging, and it's so fun i went out and bought it for PS2. I love the drive vehicle feature, thats amazing, I always smash my mates car up.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 12:18:45

stomach flu sucks. i had it. there is nothing like having to puke and shit at the same time to make you reall y appreciate life. hehe.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 12:21:31

Congrats

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 12:55:29

That's going to to be cool seeing you on t.v tom! i really want to watch it, but i don't think i have that channel. if you can tell me what number the channel is on, i can see if i have it or not. anyway, great job on winning the prize for Dad'N Me! that game roxxors. sux tho that Dan couldn't accept his prize due to his stomach bug. i hope they all get better.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 13:11:25

w0000t! AOTS!!! fuckin rock on! damnit i hope u talk about the new office on the show. i still wanna come visit. ahh, the luxury of living 10 min. from NG's office roflz

Back from San Jose!

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 13:15:01

and uber-congrats on the award for dad 'n me! thats friggin' incredible x 190495843258!!! amazing how much progress NG has made! mad propz!!!!

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 13:26:12

super

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 13:59:50

GdGd.

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 15:14:19

Welcome Back Tom!

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 15:46:43

maybe you can work on the "link to NG icon contest" now then >:|

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 16:08:50

Again good news and bad news from you. Is there ever just good news? :P Well sorry about the whole stomach bug to whoever got it, and i guess you did get lucky.

Congrats to you and Dan, and i guess even Dustball for the award that Dad N' Me won, for those who dont know Dustball created the music in Dad N' Me. Well good luck in everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 17:12:58

Welcome back Tom!

What the hell are YOU staring at?!- Duckman

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 19:31:26

awsome.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 19:35:18

WTF! that sucks! i dont have G4 TV, i want to see this too..

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 19:44:56

good for you tom....

btw

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 21:31:52

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Keep it up.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 22:31:09

wait whats going on just got on this form tom won an award???

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 22:35:12

AWW! Darn,i live in San Jose and didn't know that you were here
Or,that there was a convention (i dont read NG news that much)

if we typed as carelessly as we talked then jcndkfbnasovmaskdvnsdvnasfibjnfb.

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 22:45:41

best web game,congrat to you that great news so happy for you guys...

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 23:07:09

Did you go see A Sharks game?

BBS Signature

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-27 23:27:24

At 3/26/06 07:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: Dad 'n Me won the award for web game of the year

Congrats on web game of the year, too bad nobody else could accept it.

I'll be posting a page of pictures in the near future.

There had better be pictures, if not we would have torn you to shreds.

I'll be appearing LIVE on Attack of the Show this Wednesday

I'll be watching attack of the show, can't wait.

I didn't get a stomach bug. Dan and John caught it after the first night Other victims soon followed, including April . The whole thing reminded me of that scene in Stand by Me, where everyone starts puking up blueberries.

That's funny because Stand By Me makes me puke.

Back from San Jose!

Response to Back from San Jose! 2006-03-28 00:26:49

At 3/26/06 07:08 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'll be appearing LIVE on Attack of the Show this Wednesday, March 29th, via iChat. The show airs 7PM EST, 4PM PST on G4TV. We'll be doing another round-up of popular NG submissions!

Are they going to cut you off early agian?
You'll be playing Ultimate Showdown right?

You better be... :P

BBS Signature