00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vote, Vote, Vote!

17,223 Views | 135 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 20:48:09

Can't wait for the updates to the PSP section. I love having "Picos Unloaded" on my PSP. and It'll be cool for my friends who have DS to do this sort of thing too.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 20:52:05

holy shit almost forgot about the voting

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 21:31:06

yeah, turns out that i'm on the board of voters =P must have gotten there this month, although I am not quite sure how, sorry no screenshot.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 21:37:38

Bad month. I didn't vote for everything I wanted, and I didn't vote what I wanted in order, because this system is weird and you can't take off selections or change them too well. Or maybe it's my browser. Still. And, yeah; I voted for myself.

Vote, Vote, Vote!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 21:43:38

awsome...

awsome to the max

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 21:57:17

Here we go.

Vote, Vote, Vote!

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 22:44:25

At 3/1/06 10:37 PM, ShadowWarriorLuke wrote:
How come AGNRYMAN ANTICS isn't on the list? I thought stuff posted on the front page was eligible.

I believe it's only things that were actually submitted this February, whereas AGNRYMAN ANTICS was sent in 05/03/2003.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 22:44:34

you know with all the updates to the site, the ONE real thing i would really like is catergories for my favorites list. i think i would add more submissions under mine if i had catergories. for example my favorite horror movies, my favorite games, my favorite comedies. etc etc. thats one thing i think the site really needs. cause managing my list would be such a benefit to this site. i really dont feel like going through my list looking for a certain submission. and occasionally i forget what submissions i added to my list. with catergories at least i would know if the flash was a movie or game.

well thats my two cents.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 23:06:53

My superior intuition tells me that James wants us to do something, but I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 23:38:03

Yay! After 10 months of depositing (since I became an official member) I have finally managed to become one of the top 2000, active users (although I am actually only the 2,858th top user). I'm sure I will get that number down further though as time goes on. My point total as of February 28th was 3,090exp. I wonder what the experience is for the lowest person that qualified? I can't be too far. I wonder how much higher that minimum will be in another year. Something to maybe keep track of. Wow, almost a million users and I am right up there at the top after only 10 months. That's pretty incredible.

I wanted to do that neat box, screen capture like you guys do but I have no idea how you managed it and even the long screen capture didn't work for me because it doesn't all fit in my 17 inch monitor. How do you do the picture that has the list with the first five and the second five, side by side?

Another thing that I have to say, now that I can vote, it's that it's a bit unwieldy. The flashes don't even seem to be in alphabetical order and it's really easy to mess up. When I click a place for a flash and then decide to change it, it pops up in both places. What's with that?

Also, does it make any difference in what order you pick them? Does everything you pick get one point or is there a sliding scale. Like first 2 places get a full point while the last two get only half a point. I haven't seen any of these questions addressed before (though I may have missed them) so an answer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, here are my votes and a little bit of the reasoning behind them. I want to make a positive contribution to this process and have tired to follow the guidelines that Tom has asked us to follow. I think all of these choices have merit.

1. One- A short
- A great title that connects with the film in an unexpected way, nice ending, decently animated. A definite thinking man's short. I like how the author used abstract animation for this as well. I really felt this movie all had a certain quality to make it my choice for best of the month.
2. Ghost Out Part 2
- I love a well made film noir detective movie. This was my personal favorite of the month.
3. Neighboring Nations
-Another good movie about a fanatically devout Christian. Original characters and high production values.
4. Primal War 4
- This original series keeps improving. High time that one of it's episodes gets a monthly recognition.
5. Chase 'n' Pac-Man
- Great little parody for Pac Man. I'm not sure how much of this was stolen from the Family Guy joke that it admits to robbing and it *is* a bit short. It may not be as deserving as some of the others but the artist is a great contributor to NG with all sorts of creative ideas and it WAS pretty funny... I think a win here is deserved.
6. Time Squad [Part 1]
- Blockman is another great flash that has started here. The author has done great things with this series and I think a monthly award would be a good show. I'm not a big fan of nut jobs like Block but the addition of the conscious really gives a nice dimension. It's also grown on me a bit since I saw the first episode. I picked this over Blockman 6 because he put more work into it and he's got his first multiple arc story here.
7. Geeks In Love
- Wow! That Sour Lemon band is really becoming the NG band of choice. There are other original song that get used here too but this is the first time that the bad behind the songs really is making a name for themselves here on NG that I know of. They keep pumping out all these neat songs and letting popular artist use them for animations here. It's really nice to have this sort of thing so there is a real alternative to using copyrighted songs. Quality stuff. It deserves recognition. We need more of this kind of collaboration. Best way to do that is with positive reinforcement aka, high scores, lots of views and winning awards like this one.
8. LR: Prelude
- Yea, you can say it's "just" a fight movie but it's well made and uses original characters. They put a lot of time making this and that is exactly what NG wants to promote.
9. Mc Donald's videogame
- I'm not big into games and I didn't see anything that really wowed me. Not a fan of most side scrollers and defend your bases and whatnot. However, to ignore games completely would be unfair as they get 5 awards too and need to be voted for. I feel a person should at least vote for 2 of either movies or games if they favor either medium. Minimum! So I will.
-Anyway, this game seems to be an intelligent, resource management game. Played it for a bit and it seems okay.
10 Warbears
- Nice graphics good puzzle solving. There is room for improvement in this series. It didn't end when you make a game losing mistake and there is no checkpoints so you have to start all the way at the beginning when you lose. Still it's pretty fun and you have to do a fair bit of thinking to make something this deceptively complex. Kudos to the author of this. I hope to see more.

Now I wait to see how it pans out. *sits back and relaxes*

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 23:42:05

At 3/1/06 09:37 PM, KupaMan wrote: Bad month.

Yeah, I didn't like this month's submissions much either. :/

Vote, Vote, Vote!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-01 23:42:34

At 3/1/06 10:37 PM, ShadowWarriorLuke wrote: How come AGNRYMAN ANTICS isn't on the list? I thought stuff posted on the front page was eligible.

I kept thinking that. But now that you told us, that's one less thing off my back. But it puts more on my back.

At 3/1/06 11:38 PM, TomaO2 wrote: - Wow! That Sour Lemon band is really becoming the NG band of choice.

Obviously. And also, it's Lemon Demon. :P

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 01:20:52

At 3/1/06 06:35 PM, liljim wrote: Just a quick reminder about the monthly voting - that's all open for those who're eligible to vote.

Oh man, I had so much stuff to do that I totally forgot.

We've also got a few more things up our sleeves that might be released this next month or so, including potential updates for the PSP section and additional downloads and other niceties. More on that later.

Cool, will check up on that later then.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 01:36:54

At 3/1/06 09:40 PM, BonusStage wrote: Happened to me when i did, just go back and it should still have them all logged, OOORRR it'll see them all again once you renumber one of the submissions :o, at least it worked like that for me :)

but if it repetative then ... /wrists

Well, to remove the element of wondering..

/wrists

I'll just have to revote later when it decides to cooperate.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 02:44:35

Sounds pretty interesting,i might get a PSP depending on what is gonna happen with that.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 02:45:30

At 3/2/06 02:42 AM, Britkid wrote: Ilijim's so cool, he doesn't put 'Best of February-Vote' he just puts Vote! three times. Now that is hardcore.

Riiiiight....

Well, don't forget this goodie while voting;
http://www.newground..m/portal/view/297670

Cya

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 04:28:30

This was a very good month, not doubt I voted. Personally I was most surprised at Warbears... I’m glad that this is the second month in a row I get to vote.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 04:43:05

Be aware.

I really have to tell you about a minor glitch when voting. First of all, say that you that if i voted for Warbears for 2nd place, but i wanted to move it to third instead, Warbears will appear at both third and second place. Second of all, if you click refresh, either you've just gotten a randomzied choice of winners, or you've gotten another persons votes. Which one it is, i don't know. But i think you could look into it.

Maybe it's just for my computer, but i don't know.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 04:47:53

Here are my votes, anyway:

1. Warbears
2. Neighboring Nations
3. Time Squad [Part 1]
4. Primal War 4
5. Thing-Thing Arena
6. TMNT: REBEL 2
7. cart22n about my m8s
8. Blockhead: Episode 6
9. Cupid's Last Stand
10. The Fujis

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 05:09:17

What desides who gets to vote?

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 05:26:29

Holy crap, my tomatos have been nominated! Cheers! *Clinks glass*

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 06:38:55

Thanks!
We're sure that the artists you have voted for will appreciate your support. Here are the entries you voted for, in order:

1. Behind the Magic.
2. Gavin the pro golf goblin.
3. LL - 24hr WTF? Collab.
4. Warbears.
5. cart22n about my m8s.
6. Teepeehead Episode 4.
7. Cupid's Quest.
8. Enjoyable Horse Racing.
9. McDonald's videogame.
10. Super Monkey Poop Fight.

Interesting month. Not many things I seemed to like. These were my favorites.

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 08:40:10

Vote for great justice.

Being in the top 1000 exp alone secures my vote.

Vote, Vote, Vote!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 09:04:31

Thanks for reminding, because I hardly check Grounds Gold anymore...

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 09:58:57

not eligible

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:05:18

Well I placed my votes with my lvl 16. First time i've gotten to do that actually.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:14:06

awww no vote for me...

BBS Signature

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:20:10

At 3/2/06 08:40 AM, RupeeClock wrote: Vote for great justice.

Being in the top 1000 exp alone secures my vote.

I didn't liked Geeks so much..

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:22:35

At 3/2/06 11:05 AM, kickme123 wrote: Well I placed my votes with my lvl 16. First time i've gotten to do that actually.

Well then just fucking congrats!

Response to Vote, Vote, Vote! 2006-03-02 11:35:55

Wow, my first ever vote!! There must be A LOT of inactive users above me!

Anyway, here's my votes:

1. Geeks In Love
2. Tough Love Ina
3. Warbears
4. Blockhead: Episode 6
5. Cheney's Texas Takedown
6. Aqua Life Episode #5
7. Spookyville USA
8. SousaPalooza
9. She smiled at me #3
10. McDonald's videogame

A bit of a mixed bunch, I found it really hard to rank them as a number of these I really enjoyed, but I did my best!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature