00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guess this game!

7,691 Views | 228 Replies

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 01:51:31

I've got 2 more games to try out here, so let's begin...

#1 - In this game, you can either play as one of 3 people: Sion Barzhad, Kou Leifou or Volt Kruger. You job was to rescue the girl that comes to see Sion from the hands of a man named Duragon C. Mikado. Along the way you must fight security forces, ninjas, dogs and even robots to try and rescue her. This game could be replayed after it was over and stats would be transfered to the new game (hint here is squaresoft)

#2 - It seems that not all Sonic games were always about Sonic at all! In this game, you play as Tails and your goal is to protect the island he lives on from the Great Bodoru Kukku (a bird mage I think). This game is slightly different that the originals. Instead of jumping on enemies to destroy them, you find gadgets along the way (you start with bombs to destroy enemies and rocks) such as a remote control robot, speed shoes, and a hammer to break rocks or smash enemies, but is not limited to this list. Not all items are for attacking, some are used to access new areas and whatnot. This game takes place before Tails even meets Sonic and is for the Game Gear. Anyone know either of these games? (will check tomorrow, getting sleepy now) :D

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 01:52:35

At 3/10/06 01:51 AM, PowerPrower wrote: #2

... Tails Sky Patrol?

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 01:54:51

Yes, Winback: Covert Operations is correct. The music sticks with you, chuc-achic-achic-achu-cachu, and it speeds up when you get low on life. SPI PRON MEWSIK!

Desert, Jungle, and Urban were all on the Sega Genesis. There were two games made for playstation. Future STRIKE was unfortunately cancelled. There was one STRIKE game made for PS2, Thunder Strike, but it didn't do too well. I never got to play it, but I heard it wasn't worth the 12 bucks my brother spent on it out of the bargain bin.

You have two choices:

Nuclear Strike
Soviet Strike

WHICH ONE IS IT?

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 01:56:07

At 3/10/06 01:52 AM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 3/10/06 01:51 AM, PowerPrower wrote: #2
... Tails Sky Patrol?

I said I wasn't gonna answer 'til tomorrow, but with such quick results I can't just let this go. You came REAL close to what the game is. It's not Sky Patrol, but you are on the right track if your thinking about what I am. Keep thinking and try again man!

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 01:58:17

At 3/10/06 01:51 AM, PowerPrower wrote: #1

The Bouncer?

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:01:55

At 3/10/06 01:58 AM, Cloudy_One wrote:
The Bouncer?

I'm a big fat liar I suppose, here I am answering things again. Yes Cloudy_One, you are correct sir and your prize is some candy! I'm sure if my head wasn't thumping right now I would have thought of better than I did, but whatever. #2 still needs some answering, does anyone know what it is???

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:08:15

At 3/10/06 01:51 AM, PowerPrower wrote:

Tail's Adventure i believe it was.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:12:01

At 3/10/06 02:08 AM, X-Naut wrote: Tail's Adventure i believe it was.

Beat me to it. >:(
As for Cloudy_One's clue: Soviet Strike sounds right for this one. That's my guess.

I hope I'm not wrong.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:16:16

OMG PENISWAFFEL!.. oops WHO SAID THAT!

any ways spam out of the way you guys are freaking crazey.. or have to much time to remember all of thoes games!!111!! i used to think i could remember all thoes old snes and nes games but i was al like wow!

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:36:49

At 3/10/06 02:01 AM, PowerPrower wrote:
At 3/10/06 01:58 AM, Cloudy_One wrote:
The Bouncer?

Yes Cloudy_One, you are correct sir and your prize is some candy!

Sweet, I'll put it in my bag of uneaten (still) Halloween candy.

Two more, and I will check tomorrow, for I need my sleeps for work tomorrow.

4. Sega Genesis

You play as Nigel, an elf with a fairy sidekick. You are in search of King Nole's Treasure, and have followed the rumors to a large island. The game is played in an isometric view. The game features smart puzzles, challenging combat and a lot of hidden Lifestock, which serve as treasure you purchase or find to increase your maximum health.

5. Sega Genesis

Spiderman and Venom reluctantly team up to fight Carnage, and devilish red creature that resided in a death row inmate. Green Jelly provided music for the game. It is a beat'em up with many, many levels. Throughout the game, you must face Shreik, Doppleganger, Hobgoblin, Carrion (sometimes all at once) many times, along with many other bosses. The cartridge was red, which made it extra cool. However, I can't beat this game, because it's too damn hard to take on five bosses at once. Middle aged men with umbrellas can kill you in 5-6 hits. GRRR!!!!! 8(

Goodnight, little busters. 8)

Guess this game!

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:41:15

Is it the Gauntlet?

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 02:46:37

At 3/10/06 02:12 AM, Mr_CraZy77 wrote:
As for Cloudy_One's clue: Soviet Strike sounds right for this one. That's my guess.
I hope I'm not wrong.

XD

It's Nuclear Strike. Context wise, it was a good guess. A campaign involving Korea and the DMZ definately sounds like it would be a mission on Soviet Strike, but unfortunately it isn't. I didn't choose that mission for my clue to be misleading, I just felt that it was the most memorable because of it's scale of awesomeness.

I can see you need a hug.

Guess this game!

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 03:03:37

At 3/10/06 02:36 AM, Cloudy_One wrote:
4. Sega Genesis

Landstalker i believe.

Maximum Carnange

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 03:16:41

At 3/10/06 01:40 AM, Cloudy_One wrote: 3. PS2 This turn based RPG has incredibly rediculous humor. You play as Laharl, soon to be king of the Netherworld.

Disgaea

FB | Blog

If you ever wondered who to blame for your problems, find a mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:37:30

At 3/10/06 02:08 AM, X-Naut wrote:
At 3/10/06 01:51 AM, PowerPrower wrote:
Tail's Adventure i believe it was.

That is the correct answer! Someone either has the original or the Gems Collection! Here's two more for now, both PS1 games...

#1 - This game was produced by a company called Human Entertainment and involved a serial killer on the loose killing multiple people in his wake. You could play as either Jennifer Simpson (a survivor of one of the killer's attacks) or Helen Maxwell, the guardian and therapist of Jennifer. One of the corniest phrases ever in games came from this title and here it is:

Helen: "Did he slash them with a knife?"
Inspector Gotts: "No, it appears they were killed by a giant pair of scissors..."

The other hint is that Capcom took on the liberty to make the 3rd game on the PS2 with stunning graphics for that point in time.

#2 - In this game, you take on the role of a man who has lost his memory and has woken up on a island. He has a case of amnesia from what seems to be a helicopter crash and he doesn't remember who he is (until the end of the game) but when the game starts, he finds a set of dogtags on the ground with the name of Vincent (yep, that's it, no last name) on the ground and assumes he is Vincent. This title was the only game in the series (except for a mini game in one of the other ones) to take on the first person perspective. The game was also so easy that most people complained that they could beat the final boss of the game with just the handgun. The first hint for the game is that the island is under the control of a "keep-dry" device used in the rain to keep from getting wet. I realise that this hint could maybe give it all away, but that is a risk I am taking!

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:43:20

At 3/10/06 02:46 AM, Cloudy_One wrote: XD
It's Nuclear Strike.

*Takes in breath of air* NOOOOOO!!! Ah well, always a next time.

At 3/10/06 04:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote: #1 -

For some reason, I remember playing that game.
Clock Tower, I believe it was.

#2 -

Hmmm.....thinker on this one....this one will take a while, unless someone else posts the answer.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:44:50

At 3/10/06 04:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote:

:STUFF

I think the 1st one is Clock Tower... Not sure about that too

The second... I have no idea ^^

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:53:13

Name this game:

You play as a boy from a small village who gets involved in a quest by the village shaman. Your main weapon is a yoyo, but you can also pick up a baseball bat. This was an old rpg for NES.

O HAI

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:56:52

At 3/10/06 04:53 PM, Jenou wrote: Name this game:

You play as a boy from a small village who gets involved in a quest by the village shaman. Your main weapon is a yoyo, but you can also pick up a baseball bat. This was an old rpg for NES.

Star Tropics

Name this one:

You were a government experiment gone rogue. The government wants you dead. You have no allies. Your only way to survive, a multipurpose gun that replaced your right arm.

Die...

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:57:07

At 3/10/06 04:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote: #2

Farcry?

In this RPG, you go into people's dreams to save their lives.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 16:58:34

At 3/10/06 04:57 PM, -Fumetsu- wrote:
At 3/10/06 04:37 PM, PowerPrower wrote: #2
Farcry?

In this RPG, you go into people's dreams to save their lives.

I'm inclined to answer Little Nemo, if not then Nights into Dreams.

Die...

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:00:57

At 3/10/06 04:58 PM, Zen444 wrote: I already asked one idiots.

I didn't geel like reading through pages 3-6...

idiot =p

Die...

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:03:13

At 3/10/06 04:58 PM, ShinDenjin wrote: I'm inclined to answer Little Nemo, if not then Nights into Dreams.

No, and no.

another hint: the antagonist's name is Melzas(SP?).

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:04:15

Ok, ladies.. let's see how many you can get:

1. La Li Lu Le Lo

2. Ding Chavez and Eddie Price

3. Blitzball

4. *hand gesture*

5. "I need a weapon."

6. Vault 13

7. Snatched from prison by the Emperor's decree, you arrive at the port of Seyda Neen with nothing but the name of a contact in Balmora..

8. Castle, Dungeon, Stronghold, Fortress, Necropolis and so on.

9. The main character never talks. The game involves killing zombies.

10. Joanna Dark (duh)

11. You can smash cities with a gigantic rat or lizard. Or even a big-ass gorilla.

12. You can choose from several different classes (barbarian, sorceress, paladin etc.) with which you'll hunt down the Lord of Terror.

13. You can mine coal at mining lvl 30.

14. A turn-based strategy game, involving cute creatures that die if they touch water or are shot with homing pigeons and stuff.

Some are very easy but if you can get them all right, then you can call yourself a decent gamer.

A harder version coming up after you get these!

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:08:18

At 3/10/06 05:04 PM, FAMOUSH wrote: Ok, ladies.. let's see how many you can get:

1. La Li Lu Le Lo

That sounds really familiar....don't know what it is, though.

3. Blitzball

FFX

4. *hand gesture*

Fable

7. Snatched from prison by the Emperor's decree, you arrive at the port of Seyda Neen with nothing but the name of a contact in Balmora..

Morrowind

10. Joanna Dark (duh)

Perfect Dark

11. You can smash cities with a gigantic rat or lizard. Or even a big-ass gorilla.

Rampage

12. You can choose from several different classes (barbarian, sorceress, paladin etc.) with which you'll hunt down the Lord of Terror.

Baldur's Gate?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:12:13

You're not that far out :).

On number 9, I must help you out a little bit: crowbar.

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:14:18

At 3/10/06 05:04 PM, FAMOUSH wrote: Ok, ladies.. let's see how many you can get:

1. La Li Lu Le Lo

Metal Gear Solid 2

2. Ding Chavez and Eddie Price

One of the Rainbow 6 games (don't know which one)

3. Blitzball

FFX

4. *hand gesture*

Dunno for sure

5. "I need a weapon."

Halo 2

6. Vault 13

No idea

Elder Scroll 3: Morrowind

8. Castle, Dungeon, Stronghold, Fortress, Necropolis and so on.

No idea

9. The main character never talks. The game involves killing zombies.

Land of the Dead maybe?

10. Joanna Dark (duh)

Perfect Dark (Original or Zero)

Rampage series

Diablo 2

13. You can mine coal at mining lvl 30.

World of Warcraft

14. A turn-based strategy game, involving cute creatures that die if they touch water or are shot with homing pigeons and stuff.

Worms Armaggedon

All my stuff got answered and as far as what Zen444's is, I have no idea. And what Fumetsu or someone had as far as the game with the dreams goes, it sounds like Mother (Part of Earthbound series) on the NES. I'm going to think up some hard stuff here later and post it when I think I got some good ones.

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:20:41

At 3/10/06 05:01 PM, Zen444 wrote:
At 3/10/06 05:00 PM, ShinDenjin wrote: Dumbass shit
It was posted on this page, and I answered question #2. RE Survivor.

Get bent faggot.

hey fucktard, maybe I didn't ask the question right so I'll reask and emphasize something.

You are a government experiment gone rogue. They want you dead. You have no allies, your only way to survive through it all is a MULTIPURPOSE gun that had REPLACED YOUR RIGHT ARM.

It's not RE: survivor, that was for the other user that asked that, which you got right. here's a hint dumb-shit, this game was a sleeper hit for the PSone.

Die...

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:21:19

crowbar???
Half life comes to mind... is that it??

Response to Guess this game! 2006-03-10 17:22:12

At 3/10/06 05:21 PM, Alifornication wrote: crowbar???
Half life comes to mind... is that it??

Now that you asked, yes. No. 9 is indeed Half-Life. Gordon Freeman never says a word during the entire series.