00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

100,798 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 06:16:23

Crap, now a bunch of Italians are trying to get Frings (german midfielder) banned.
Apparently, they accuse him of having hit Argentina's Julio Cruz during the brawling that ensued after the quarter finals. What a lame maneuver, trying to get the other teams' players banned before you play them. Even Cruz himself said he hadn't been hit.

The good thing is that this is apparently not coming from the FIGC (italian football association) or the Italian team, but rather from the media.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 06:19:41

At 7/2/06 11:29 PM, public-enemy1 wrote:

Klose is pure genius

His forehead is the greatest forehead since Les Ferdinands forehead!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 13:00:08

Dammit, Frings is banned for the next game. How can they ban someone when neither the Italien football assoc. nor their team complained, and even the player who was supposed to have been hit said he hadn't been hit?

I mean, look at the picture: You can clearly see his fist is, from this angle, before Cruz' face. It hasn't connected or you'd see Cruz' face being pushed to the side, or you'd at least see him reacting. Also, anyone who has ever thrown a halfway decent punch himself can see this isn't one. Frings' arm is simply stretched out in front of him, plus there's somebody standing directly left of him, there's no way he could have had any room to swing. There's absolutely no force behind this. And finally, he's standing right in front of Cruz, and dammit, he HIMSELF said he hadn't been hit!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 13:09:23

Thats FIFA for you. That Blatter is a fat twat, he accuses England of playing boring football but he doesn't condem all the diving thats gone on, idiot.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 13:10:01

At 7/3/06 01:00 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote: I mean, look at the picture: You can clearly see his fist is, from this angle, before Cruz' face. It hasn't connected or you'd see Cruz' face being pushed to the side, or you'd at least see him reacting. Also, anyone who has ever thrown a halfway decent punch himself can see this isn't one. Frings' arm is simply stretched out in front of him, plus there's somebody standing directly left of him, there's no way he could have had any room to swing. There's absolutely no force behind this. And finally, he's standing right in front of Cruz, and dammit, he HIMSELF said he hadn't been hit!

Its bullshit, thoes Italians can't stand the fact that they cheated in their club leagues and then it got to the press. So this is what they resort to.... pure crap, they need every advantage they can get against a far superior German team

y so srs

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 13:11:10

lol, and I just felt like blaming that on the Italians, even tho they had nothing to do with it.

y so srs

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 18:01:49

Who is left in the World Cup anyways?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 18:07:00

At 7/3/06 06:01 PM, SpongeMan wrote: Who is left in the World Cup anyways?

yer mother

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-03 18:13:28

Now England are out, I feel the need to support Germany. Why? I like Germany. They're a good strong country with good strong midfielders, why did we do so well with 10 men against Portugal? It's because we had a good strong German in midfield! Yes! Owen Hargreaves. Also, if Germany win i'll receive a fiver off a friend that claimed Argentina would win the World Cup. How wrong was he?

Also on occasion me and a few friends have been known to chant in the favour of Germany against other countries (never England though), we made our own chant... "Sixty-Six, was a fix! Who won Euro ninety six? Germany! nananaaa! Germany! nananaa! It's in a bit of a joke ofcourse.

You might be thinking, just because i'm English I hate Germany, when really I don't because the people who did all those horrible things in the 40's are not todays generation.

All of what I said was true. I suppose it is mostly about the money, but if there was no bet i'd still be cheering Germany.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 03:13:45

Italy doesn't desevre to win. I hope they lose, but I have a strong feeling that they will win. Can't wait till the game starts.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 05:49:53

yeh i'm rooting for Germany. I've been there a couple of times and they're really nice people. Also i'm going to France in a month and anyone that spots i'm English will mention it.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 07:29:27

At 7/3/06 01:10 PM, public-enemy1 wrote:

Its bullshit, thoes Italians can't stand the fact that they cheated in their club leagues and then it got to the press. So this is what they resort to.... pure crap, they need every advantage they can get against a far superior German team

...lol.

Seriously, that's the only thing that comes to mind. "L-O-L".

De Rossi elbows a dude in the face while trying to elevate himself off the ground, and gets kicked off the field for 4 games in a row. A German player punches a dude in the face, and he gets kicked off for one single game.

And then German fans start saying that Italy is doing its level best to stop German players from playing.

You guys are just hillarious, really.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 07:59:04

At 7/4/06 05:49 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: yeh i'm rooting for Germany. I've been there a couple of times and they're really nice people. Also i'm going to France in a month and anyone that spots i'm English will mention it.

Don't worry, 3 out of 4 quarter final matches went the way I wanted... Just a shame THE ONE that really mattered didn't :(

Still i'm hoping for a Germany vs Portugal final so Germany can give them an absolute fucking thrashing.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 08:01:20

At 7/4/06 07:59 AM, -PureMettle- wrote:
At 7/4/06 05:49 AM, areyoureadyEddie wrote:
Still i'm hoping for a Germany vs Portugal final so Germany can give them an absolute fucking thrashing.

I think France will take care of that...if Germany wins, I seriously doubt it will be facing a team like Portugal.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 08:05:08

At 7/4/06 08:01 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: I think France will take care of that...if Germany wins, I seriously doubt it will be facing a team like Portugal.

Well if Portugal lose to France, they have the joy of getting thrashed by Italy in the 3rd place play-offs.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 11:28:16

At 7/4/06 07:29 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: ...lol.

Seriously, that's the only thing that comes to mind. "L-O-L".

De Rossi elbows a dude in the face while trying to elevate himself off the ground, and gets kicked off the field for 4 games in a row. A German player punches a dude in the face, and he gets kicked off for one single game.

And then German fans start saying that Italy is doing its level best to stop German players from playing.
You guys are just hillarious, really.

Sorry man, didn't want to insult anybody ('cept the FIFA maybe). I thought I'd made it clear that I didn't blame the FIGC or the Italian team for it. I just really don't think you can compare what De Rossi did to what Frings did.

Apart from that, I'm off to watch the game (public viewing area, got no tickets :-( )
Actually, I should be studying right now for Thursday, but naaaa....

world cup >>>> botany

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 16:24:28

pretty decent game so far. To be fair Italy have been honest and haven't dived much so however wins this game i hope wins the World Cup.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 16:51:42

At 7/4/06 11:28 AM, --Hybrid-- wrote:

Sorry man, didn't want to insult anybody ('cept the FIFA maybe). I thought I'd made it clear that I didn't blame the FIGC or the Italian team for it.

S'ok, I should have taken time and read your post thoroughly.

Not a bad game till now, I'm just pissed as hell at the fact that when the German goalie pretty much tackled Perrotta in net, the damned ref turned a blind eye. For fucks sake, that should have been a penalty shot.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 16:52:12

At 7/4/06 04:24 PM, areyoureadyEddie wrote: pretty decent game so far. To be fair Italy have been honest and haven't dived much so however wins this game i hope wins the World Cup.

yeh, the sportsmanship on the whole has been very good in this match

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:09:48

Germany better win, otherwise i might cry

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:11:10

At 7/4/06 05:09 PM, snoboarder199 wrote: Germany better win, otherwise i might cry

i could say the same about italy, but the first 2 mins of extra time, and italy almost scored twice, first off the side post, then off the cross bar

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:11:11

DAMNIT TO HELL.

We hit 2 FRIGGIN' POSTS. Lucky motherf...

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:25:31

Fuck. Italy won.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:26:16

Mama mia! 1-0 Italy!

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:26:34

At 7/4/06 05:09 PM, snoboarder199 wrote: Germany better win, otherwise i might cry

Cry dude.... lets fucking cry together.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:26:36

Amazing shot Italy!

Italy for the win!

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:26:38

I believe it was Ric Flair who said this... WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Italy has taken the lead in the 28th minute of Overtime I didn't want Germany to win and I think I'll get my wish.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:27:16

GOAL 2!!!!

ITALY!!!

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:27:22

And another.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-07-04 17:28:14

Its over, Its over.. Italy just went up 2-0. Poor Germany and in front of your home crowd. So it will be Italy against... I'm saying France.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!