00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

100,929 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:42:01

4 minutes left, COME ON BOYS!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:44:57

England is lucky that Ecuador sucks @ the finishing touch.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:49:17

YES! WE WIN!

NOW ENDURE OUR AWESOME CHANTING!!!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:49:22

england win! yay

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:52:00

England scores a close win, but was rather unimpressive against weak Ecuadorians.
They'll be an easy pick for their next opponent.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:53:14

I think England will cry if Portugal wins tonight. England’s hasn’t won against Portugal since the 90’s or something. But meh, first we must defeat the Dutch!

Congratulations with the awesome free kick and the victory.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:55:27

1-0 BECKHAM = NUTS SHIP IT

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:56:30

At 6/25/06 12:53 PM, -Markus wrote: I think England will cry if Portugal wins tonight. England’s hasn’t won against Portugal since the 90’s or something. But meh, first we must defeat the Dutch!

Oh Portugal, i'd like to see us get sweet revenge for Euro 2004.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:57:55

At 6/25/06 12:53 PM, -Markus wrote: I think England will cry if Portugal wins tonight. England’s hasn’t won against Portugal since the 90’s or something. But meh, first we must defeat the Dutch!

Well, that wasn't a pretty match. Has to be said, Ashley Cole played out of his boots, again, and Lampard REALLY needs to score to boost his confidence, otherwise he might as well be replaced by someone who can actually shoot on target. Another good match by Gerrard, great goal by Beckham, Joe Cole was off-colour, and as I keep saying, we need to put the young 'uns (Walcott & Lennon) on for more than two minutes.

I thought that Ecuador lacked any decent cohesion, not sure whether that was down to their strategy or the fact that they were closely marked pretty much 100% of the time.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 12:59:28

Holy shit, most epic thunder is going on “close” to our region. I think this country is getting on to me and not appreciating I’m on the side of the enemy tonight. Dutch nature is going to take me out. SMIGHT ME!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:00:55

And now for Holland V.S. Portugal!

place your bets!

1 - 1
AET 2 - 1
Holland wins

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:01:32

At 6/25/06 01:00 PM, von_Pluggeleburg wrote: And now for Holland V.S. Portugal!

place your bets!

1 - 1
AET 2 - 1
Holland wins

Meh, I'm not sure. Van Basten should've put The Hunter in the selection.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:03:41

Now Portugal is going to win and England might lose..

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:05:16

Holland - Portugal goes to penalties.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:06:31

At 6/25/06 01:01 PM, The_D-Lucks_Edition wrote: Sorry for double posting but I wanted Crouch to come on :(

Crouch wouldn't have offered anything as we had no width until Lennon came on.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:08:00

At 6/25/06 01:03 PM, -Rule- wrote: Now Portugal is going to win and England might lose..

That the Gods of football results listen to thee.

I have a strong feeling that Portugal is going to be fucked by the referee. Tonight Ivanov is commanding the whistle and he horribly sucked @ the previous matches. So that is already a great weight on tonight’s game.

As for game results: I don’t predict Portugal games anymore since 2002, I’ll just jinx it.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:23:48

I realised Im a few minutes late but

ENGERLAND! ENGERLAND! ENGERLAND!

Gotta admit Im happy.

A

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:30:37

Holland = win portugal

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:45:11

Worst game of the World Cup anyone?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:51:44

Huzzah!

we ACTUALLY won!

It wasn't a shitty draw at the last moment or anything.
happy.

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 13:53:26

At 6/25/06 01:06 PM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/25/06 01:01 PM, The_D-Lucks_Edition wrote: Sorry for double posting but I wanted Crouch to come on :(
Crouch wouldn't have offered anything as we had no width until Lennon came on.

Er,what game where you watching? Lennon was on for at most ten minutes and all he did was stay in the corner to waste time and win corners.

haha did you hear Sven after the game? "our game plan worked" shambolic,is the only way to describe that mans managing methods.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 14:36:35

At 6/25/06 01:53 PM, VirginLungs wrote:
Er,what game where you watching? Lennon was on for at most ten minutes and all he did was stay in the corner to waste time and win corners.

He at least offered a wide option. Which is more than Beckham and Cole did. It's a shame he was doing what he was told otherwise we'd have got a second.

haha did you hear Sven after the game? "our game plan worked" shambolic,is the only way to describe that mans managing methods.

Plan for game = win. Your point is?

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 14:39:07

At 6/25/06 01:00 PM, von_Pluggeleburg wrote: And now for Holland V.S. Portugal!

place your bets!

1 - 1
AET 2 - 1
Holland wins

Holland > Portugal =)

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 14:50:04

At 6/25/06 02:36 PM, john Thomson wrote:

ha did you hear Sven after the game? "our game plan worked" shambolic,is the only way to describe that mans managing methods.

Ah for fucks sake you know damn well a game plan is a lot more complicated then playing to win.Of course that's the objective of any plan but its how you win and how you plan that determines if a country goes home with the trophy.Fact is,today England was shit against a shit team.England had no structure,no direction.If they weren't giving the ball away along the ground,they were just humping pointless 40 yard balls to Rooney.

You England fans are in denial.

Fucks sake,my mate just rang me, so I'm off to a session.I'm continuing this poxy argument when I get home tonight or tomorrow.mark my words!

later kids

-VL

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 15:00:12

At 6/25/06 02:50 PM, VirginLungs wrote: At 6/25/06 02:36 PM, john Thomson wrote:

ha did you hear Sven after the game? "our game plan worked" shambolic,is the only way to describe that mans managing methods.
Ah for fucks sake you know damn well a game plan is a lot more complicated then playing to win.Of course that's the objective of any plan but its how you win and how you plan that determines if a country goes home with the trophy.

They had a high % of the possession, and they prevented the opposition from being a threat for the majority of the game. Ecuador is a team that has beaten both Argentina and Brazil, and as much as I didn't like the formation/selection tonight, it took the bite out of the Ecuador attack. Also, while I agree that there were periods of the game where England appeared to have lost direction, there were also many long periods during which they had complete control over the ball and the game.

I can't see the strategy working against some of the better teams, but no-one is saying we'll use the same strategy against teams like Argentina or Paraguay.

I'm continuing this poxy argument when I get home tonight or tomorrow.mark my words!

Really though, you're just being an arse for the sake of it. You have nothing constructive to say about anything, all you do is slag players/team off. Eheh, and then I checked your profile to find out which country you're from. That makes sense.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 15:24:49

Maniche jopke

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 15:51:28

I told you all: WE WILL BE FUCKED BY THE REFEREE. And oh where we. One man out with red because the referee listened to the players who asked for the second yellow card. Ill tell you one fucking thing: Holland should have been playing with 10 players for over 35 min. that dangerous play bash on Christiano Ronaldo’s leg was a red, not a yellow. In the end he had to leave the field due to his injured status.

This is a fucking joke, I have never seen so many games with so many god awful referee mistakes. I know its 1 – 0 but there are 45 bloody minutes to go.

fuck

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 16:04:14

At 6/25/06 03:00 PM, Denvish wrote:
They had a high % of the possession,

That's not a good stat to judge a team by.

and they prevented the opposition from being a threat for the majority of the game.

Well, you weren't a threat either.

it took the bite out of the Ecuador attack.

What bite?

there were also many long periods during which they had complete control over the ball and the game.

Absolutely and totally no. You played crappy, nothing less.

Really though, you're just being an arse for the sake of it. You have nothing constructive to say about anything, all you do is slag players/team off.

That coming from a brit...lol

Eheh, and then I checked your profile to find out which country you're from. That makes sense.

That's about the lamest thing you said. But well, coming up with exscuses is probably all you can do at this point. You came to this world cup as the self-proclaimed winners, and the so-called best english team ever. So far, you've been very lucky you even passed the group stage. You have not played one good game at this world cup yet. Face it.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 16:09:22

Noooo Portugal 1-0 against Holland!!

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-25 16:10:47

At 3/1/06 06:04 PM, Sham-n-Ham wrote: I hope England wins the cup

you are aware the usa is (well was when you posted this lol) in the world cup, but why would you back england when your own countrys in the mix ?

The only headline i want to see involving 'Big Brother' involves the words rabid lion & no survivors.