00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Header Updates

22,358 Views | 225 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:37:36

We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

Also, when you log in, it will now refresh the current page. This makes it easier to get to work, since most of the time users aren't trying to access their account info. If you do need to access your account info, simply click the "ACCOUNT OPTIONS" button that appears after you log in. We are hoping this way works best for most people!

So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:38:49

i e-mailed you about that, and i noticed it today, good work! :)

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:39:14

Nice work :) much better than we stay logged in now!

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:40:17

NICE!

BUSY BUSY HA TOM?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:40:52

I must unfourtainly say that I can't see any difference speaking about the size of the buttons, but I'm sure glad to hear about the increasing amount of sign ups! :-)

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:41:00

Great with the ''Save!'' box, i clicked it immediatly. But this thing with returning to the same page, i think for those who are interested in checkin his or her stats in the morning could have the option whether or not he'd like to return to the GG menu, or the current page.

I know it's really just one click away, but it might get annoying. But what do i know, eh?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:42:32

At 2/16/06 11:40 AM, Andersson wrote: I must unfourtainly say that I can't see any difference speaking about the size of the buttons,

He never said that they had been changed...

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:42:49

At 2/16/06 11:41 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I know it's really just one click away, but it might get annoying. But what do i know, eh?

It seems like that only would cause more trouble in programming since the need might be so small anyways.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:42:52

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

I noticed that but a few minutes ago XD

So the buttons might still be too big, the vertical height too tall, and the slogan too bland - but beyond that - any other bugs / glitches with the new header?

Hmm, no.. I think it's looking good actually.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:43:03

Great thing to have, i hate signing in every day :)
Lookin forward to the new layout, any screenshots ?

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:43:28

Okay, more info now...
--==--

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: We've tweeked the header some more, so there is now a checkbox to "Save!" your login info. If you check this box, you will remain logged in to NG with each visit.

That's good. I was looking for it, but I thode it is some new trick or some...

Nope, it is AWESOME!

BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Haha! Nice! "Dramatic Days of the Future, Today!" . Wait?
Wront Topic?

Haha, good work, as always.

QUESTION:
Is Stamper working on a completely new design?

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:44:01

Ah, that's great Tom! I had to use the Grounds Gold page to try and automatically log on, but now it's updated, it's good! Thanks for that!

It's certainly a good thing. More users, so maybe more people I will help out and more people who will make flashes on NG and submit them. :)

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:44:19

cool, makes me think what other updates there will be to the site.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:44:35

I was wondering when you would update the header with that \"Save login info\" button. Good job! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:44:47

change the tank too.....upgrade it

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:44:58

thats makes things easier. I was woindering whether thre'd be a way to stay logged on.
I like the new heaer and slogan man. Change is good.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:45:38

Look what I noticed ;)

BEFORE:
http://www.newgrounds.com/gold/logout.php

NOW:
http://www.newground..d/logout.php?l=/bbs/

Going Forward.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:45:49

At 2/16/06 11:44 AM, Shin-Tenshu wrote: change the tank too.....upgrade it

It only recently got updated...

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:46:30

At 2/16/06 11:44 AM, Shin-Tenshu wrote: change the tank too.....upgrade it

are you joking? seriously, are you? you better be..

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:46:52

Everything is a lot better now. Although I think the BBS deserves a bigger button.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:47:00

At 2/16/06 11:45 AM, Zendra wrote: Stuff.

There are still a few tweaks to be made, I'm working on that.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:50:29

Maybe there can be a different slogan for each section of newgrounds. Like in the home page, it has that slogan we have at the moment. When you go to the Flash Portal, the slogan might be different, like "Save the best, blam the rest!" And then on and on like that.

Just a idea.

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:50:30

I don't think it's because of the new header, I think that whenever you change something noticable, people sign up.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:50:31

Yay! Gets better every day!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:55:36

It needs to be wider. The huge gaps at the edges annoy me to no end.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 11:59:04

I just recently accessed NG and noticed it right away, thanks, it makes all our lives easier.

Also, when you log in, it will now refresh the current page. This makes it easier to get to work, since most of the time users aren't trying to access their account info. If you do need to access your account info, simply click the "ACCOUNT OPTIONS" button that appears after you log in. We are hoping this way works best for most people!

That's fine with me, I don't really mind it that much. What's a click away won't do me any bad.

No glitches, works fine, and yes, the buttons need to be improved on.

That's cool. It's great to see NG is changing. It'l be great when we reach 1,000,000 users, even if some of those are alts.

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:00:15

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote: BTW - we noticed a dramatic increase in sign-ups yesterday. If the trend continues, it means the new header has encouraged a lot more people to sign up for accounts. Hopefully that's a good thing! :)

Its probably a good thing but great work on the new additional stuff. I was going to email you when you first put the new header up about mabye adding a save box next to your log in, im not too sure why i didnt in the end but good work for adding it.

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:02:05

At 2/16/06 11:55 AM, Jossos wrote: It needs to be wider. The huge gaps at the edges annoy me to no end.

If it's that much of a problem, change the resoloution to a smaller size

i'm fine with it

BBS Signature

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:04:00

At 2/16/06 11:37 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Well like I emailed you about yesterday, if you login with the original login page, it will log you in and you can vote normally, but the account info button doesn't appear.

But hopefully that's been fixed now. :)

Response to Header Updates 2006-02-16 12:04:19

I enjoy the vast Improvement to NG. I love the new header and the layout looks cleaner. It's also nice that now I can save my log in info (it's sad when you do all that voting and find out your not even logged in >.<) and I don't have to keep going to my profile page. I can see why more people would be signing up with the new layout. :)