00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Header

44,174 Views | 602 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 21:54:51

needs bigger help button
>:(

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 21:57:22

My main issue is that every time I get off the BBS and then come back on at a later point I become logged out.

That's a serious bitch.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 21:59:55

I LOVE the new NG LOOK! It's just..... amazing! Keep up the good work Stamper and Tom!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:01:48

At 2/14/06 09:03 PM, Pilot-Doofy wrote: In my opinion this new header really set NG back a few milestones in history. It looks sort of like a 10 year old made it, no offense because the NG designers are very capable.

However, I think it's ugly and looks like it was made in 15 minutes.

Dude, the Mustywindows buttons have the same type of scheme, minus the orange-yellow tint of NG and the splitter lines.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:02:07

Other than the new loge, i must say i quite like the change.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:02:22

I liked the old header better. and everything by everyone sounds familiar like ive seen it sum were but well it doesnt look as nice or professional.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:02:29

I'm looking forward to the rest. I love change. And this is way better already. CSS is also the way a layout should be made so it's probably for the best!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:05:49

You know I really respect all the work that went into this new change.. BUT, my first reaction was and still is what the hell is this **shit. Honestly, the layout is not a professional looking at all and very childish, it bumps Newgrounds down a lot of notches on the cutting edge Flash Portal site the home page gives off a wanna be cartoon network adult swim feel. I remember one time I did a full page ad for my grandmother’s garden center and I though it was the best thing, but her reaction was it was very juvenile and after looking over it a few time I had to agree, My graphics took up too much room for content and pulled away from what everyone really went to our garden center for.. It hurt to hear it but she was right in the end and we kept the old layout which worked for us for many many years. We always kepted the content fresh but the foundation never changed and our business stayed strong.

You know the tank logo is great, but the rest.. the space it takes up and the cartoon style buttons don’t pay tribute to a great site. We give you a A+ for effort and wish you the best in the decision you need to make..

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:09:59

Well hey guy did you the here lots of the user like the new look! and it does not look childesh.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:10:47

At 2/14/06 07:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: For months now, we have been tinkering with a new look for the site. The goal is to clean up the layout and optimize the load (switching to CSS), while not looking bland. Stamper came up with a new header, using Jeff's revision of the NG tank logo. We think it looks great and I'm too impatient to wait for the rest of the redesign, so we're launching it ahead of the future changes.

The rest of the site will be changing to blend more with the style of the new header. I know many of you hate change, but please give this a chance. The new layout should ultimately be a much smoother experience for everyone.
I'll start making the changes live right now!

aaaaaawesooooome!!!

althrough at the strart it looked kinda ugly, a little unorganized, i didnt like the search bar justout there, i think it should be under the login spaces...

i guess you guys are gonna change the background from gray to black arent you? or else the header would look kinda ugly with the background in gray...

i hope you guys do something like the PSP's NG design, and im sure you are going to change the login page, i meman, that small square in the big gray space doesnt look really good...

i hope you change the bots a little, like in diferent poses, and maybe we could finally meet G-bot :D

keep those changes in the good way

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:11:23

At 2/14/06 09:57 PM, -Buddhist- wrote: My main issue is that every time I get off the BBS and then come back on at a later point I become logged out.

That's a serious bitch.

ya thats the only thing I don't like now.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:11:26

Great job on the new site desing!!!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:12:26

so tom what are you doing to the audio portal???

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:13:52

Fucking horrible, i'm dissapointed.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:14:55

It looks alright. The buttons are bigger and arent flash buttons anymore. The downside is that it looks that the header takes up more room. And it's going to take some time to get used to it.

free.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:15:15

i like the new sign in thing at the top right too : )

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:15:36

No, it looks like absolute shit, and every last one of you guys need cancer ASAP.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:17:29

At 2/14/06 10:12 PM, x_factor11 wrote: so tom what are you doing to the audio portal???

Yes make audio pretty. A shiny new A-bot maybe. Or something that gives it a whole different look and appeal than the flash portal.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:17:32

Ass. Kickerey.

I was like, HOLYWTF when I went to the page.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:17:52

Good Evening Tom,

You are turning Newgrounds into the commercial Portal of the World instead of the Flash Portal of the world. I can see that the site needs the money from advertisements to run. I appreciate your latest reduction in the advertising. However I do not believe that the public deserves advertising like the Zango Gateway that is required to view most of the site's adult content. The site is really taking a turn for the worse in this respect. There is something however that bothers me even more than this. In short you are letting the site become too politically correct. The motto of the site now says "Everything , by Everyone." Newgrounds was created by your own hand to be politically incorect. "The Problems of the Future, Today!" is the classic motto I believe that your site should stick by. It seems as if Newgrounds is losing it's sense of independence. Due to public events the more unique parts of the site are not active like they should be. The Assassin section is one of these. In other words I believe that Newgrounds should bring projects like Pico 2, the DK Project, and the like back from the brink of death. Someone needs to carry on the old traditions. This is where Newgrounds has its roots. If at nothing else please just change the motto back!

Thank You For Your Time.

AMDAthlon

Anyone who wishes to reply to this can contact me here:
E-Mail: LEDunk2007@aol.com

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:19:20

I hope you don't change the backround black and make it sorda like the old look and made it ugly again. Well it still looks good. But the problom is that you keep on changing around your site, like the login screen for example. first it was in a popup window and looked quite sexy for the control panel and now it looks daul and ugly. When you do change the look threw out the site please don't make it ugly and so NG fans will loose there interest in the site and you loose rates. but otherwiase the header looks geat and I can't wate for the new look!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:23:46

I like the new look. Keep up the good work, guys.

Ignore this signature.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:24:34

At 2/14/06 07:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: numerous stuff-things

im sure this has been said. i dont feel like sifting through 300-something replies to check, though.

the new header reminds me of the 2003-newgrounds layout.

snyggys

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:24:45

At 2/14/06 10:19 PM, GreenSkullkid wrote:
At 2/14/06 10:15 PM, Stamper wrote: No, it looks like absolute shit, and every last one of you guys need cancer ASAP.
well your dick is fucking chubby!

Ya stamper!

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:27:24

Everything is ball-ticklingly adequate, except for the asinine new slogan.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:27:27

Bowing down to the greatness of Tom Fulp. :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:30:06

It looks awsome.

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:31:29

I liked having the images on the buttons but meh, interesting to see a new change.

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:31:58

At 2/14/06 09:45 PM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: Ok, after absorbing the header some more i have come to the following conclusions:

1. Old Slogan was better

Fuck yes.

2. Banner is too tall

It's not that bad, but it is much taller than the last.

3. Needs a tiny space at the top

Why?

4. People are saying it's cartoony. It's not really, but the thing is it doesnt really go well with the current color scheme of the site (grey and yellowish). It's more orange and black (which is close, but there's a bit of a difference between the 2 schemes.) I have a feeling the banner will go great with the new design, but i personally thing it was too soon to do the change, cause it just doesnt go with the rest of the site right now.

Agreed.

5. Forums should be a big button that takes the place of the matuure sectiion.

Yeah, I agree with whoever said It was just a collection. It should be treated as such.

I'll Eat Your Face

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-14 22:34:39

Looks great and the new layout will be awesome, I cant wait to see it, and it loads soooo much faster too!