00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Big Brother is Watching

62,288 Views | 395 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 12:46:39

FUCK WHAT! FUCK WHO! FUCK ME! FUCK YOU!

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 12:56:30

i vote fair but we all kno u wont even TRY to go n track every person who votes zeros, unless u got no life n a lot of tyme on ya handz.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 16:08:32

At 1/9/03 04:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've noticed there are users who vote 0 on EVERY SINGLE movie that comes in to the Portal, so we are now tracking your voting habits. Don't be surprised if your experience points become a big fat 0, just like your votes. :)

If you vote fairly, there is nothing to worry about. It is very obvious when a user votes 0 on everything.

If you don't like what we vote on and how we vote then why did you give everyone the power to vote?

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 17:02:39

At 1/12/03 04:08 PM, hallfoe wrote:
If you don't like what we vote on and how we vote then why did you give everyone the power to vote?

Because you dumb piece of crap it's because some people are ABUSING this power to vote, it's a privilidge, not a right.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 17:15:41

At 1/9/03 04:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: We've noticed there are users who vote 0 on EVERY SINGLE movie that comes in to the Portal, so we are now tracking your voting habits. Don't be surprised if your experience points become a big fat 0, just like your votes. :)

If you vote fairly, there is nothing to worry about. It is very obvious when a user votes 0 on everything.

I believe that there is the odd movie which deserves a zero, but I think some people definitely go overboard. I am happy to see that this issue was finally address.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 17:16:41

I vote good :)I think more movies should be deleted so newgrounds can go faster and save room for incoming movies/games that will be great.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 17:24:15

I hate people who blam everything!

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-12 17:50:29

I to always vote fairly on all the portal entries I watch. I belive abuse of the system should be watched just because someone makes something that you dont like doesnt mean it has to get a big fat 0 I have seen things that I have not like and my vote reflected such but 0 come on I haven't seen anything that has warrented a zero yet in my opinion...

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-13 11:23:34

Instead of wasting my time reading a bunch of people whining about their precious Blam points, I'll just give my viewpoint here.

1. It's goddam experience on a BBS. If it really matters that much to you, I suggest you investigate this thing called a life, and get one. Someone please explain to me exactly what the hell is the big deal? It can't be to give your votes more weight, because you obviously don't really care about the votes except to get more experience.

2. Voting 1 still gets you a Blam point, numbskulls, and if you're worried about the movie getting voted above the Blam level, then you probably shouldn't be blamming it in the first place.

3. Part of your vote is opinion, yes, but the other part is simply a reflection of effort. If someone is willing to put a great deal of time into something, then that person is worth encouraging, because eventually there's a good chance that they will submit something really good. If you Blam them, there's a good chance they'll give up and you'll never get to see the good stuff they would have made.

4. Voting 0 on a movie that you find offensive is quite alright. That's expressing a very strong opinion against the subject matter, and this way, if a movie shows up that just offends everyone, it will get blammed off of the portal.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-13 15:14:22

I'm glad. I seriously hate anyone who thinks that they have free reign to dole these out. Zeros should be reserved for true crap, like um... Ninga Death Squad... and ... That's about it. No wait... Yeah it is.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-13 22:29:05

only retard votes zero on every single movie, they dun deserve experience points AT ALL! i vote fairly, not like those retards.

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-14 12:33:14

At 1/13/03 10:29 PM, Intelblow wrote: only retard votes zero on every single movie, they dun deserve experience points AT ALL! i vote fairly, not like those retards.

---

what he said...

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-14 16:05:08

think they got anyone yet?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-14 23:08:08

Hmm...yes...great great and all that...I've got a question...has anyone EVER actually killed off all the little images that represent entries in the portal? goddamn i got tired of clicking those little things...

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-15 07:55:33

At 1/14/03 11:08 PM, AnOriginalFuck wrote: Hmm...yes...great great and all that...I've got a question...has anyone EVER actually killed off all the little images that represent entries in the portal? goddamn i got tired of clicking those little things...

I'm pretty sure that they just fly real high and fall back down, depending on how their arced, so I'm pretty sure it's impossible, unless you're really really really fast and accurate, but still, they'd just fall back down:)

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-15 13:42:24

so sad, lots of people are mad just because blamming is there only way to act out their aggression which they store inside because they're too timid in real life. There are many numbers between 0 and 10, not just 0 and 10, i think being more specific wont kill you.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-25 20:43:02

I'll watch how i vote from now on, I don't want a big fat 0

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-01-31 20:26:59

I think this is a good idea. I think that if somebody is busted fro constantly voting "0", their account should be fixed so that the lowest they can vote is "1". On the other hand, maybe these people just have really shitty luck, and keep watching bad movies.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-02-09 10:00:14

sorry blammers, but i remember when newgrounds was not crazy about blam points. i vote fairly so all those ruperts sitting at home should too.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-22 17:03:59

I don't believe you could check records bu I'm a crap at voting coz I normally vote on something posiive such as 1 or 2 at least :)

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-24 15:14:21

it should be either 5s or 0s, make the rating higher or lower

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-25 22:25:24

This is very true!!!

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-29 12:05:06

fucking dumass its easy for them to tell and yer odviously 1 uv those ppl just vote wut u think and if u h8 evrything on ng THEN DONT COME HERE U PIECES UV SHIT

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-29 18:33:30

yeah i always vote fairly!!

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-03-29 19:09:46

I only vote 0 on the movies i hate. If i don't like a movie but it has good sound and graphics i usually give it a 3. But most movies are good and i give almost every movie right now a 5 or 4.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-04-03 17:40:21

I think thats a great idea, keeps those dirty little fuckers who just vote zero's to be dill holes from doin that kinda retarded sort of thing.

Big Brother is Watching

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-04-18 19:12:40

hey assholes. Its not true. it was a joke. fucking idiots.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-04-19 01:51:14

What happend Big brother fucked you up!!!

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-05-14 17:19:57

Sure, you can say what you like and argue that you only vote 0 on terrible entries, but the fact of the matter is, some people vote 0 on every movie. If you look at some of the best flash movies ever to have entered the Newgrounds site: Pimp's quest, Jonny Rocketfingers, the scores are frankly far too low, showing that people have voted it a 0 before seeing it. Pimp's Quest has a score below 4.00 for instance, therefore a lot of people must have voted wayy too low. and the reviews too: that prick Detesticus (I only don't like him cos he went on with himself reviewing one of my movies) reviewed it all 0s. What the Hell is going on there, eh? "This is pure, unadulterated horseshit..."

Really Detesticus? And, although I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into it, some pieces of paper with pictures on really aren't so amusing, are they? Sorry if you read that, by the way, Detesticus, you're just a good example. And my movies are fun fun fun! Not particularly great, but fun fun fun!

So, basically, people do vote 0 on all entries, and that's because they can, and assume they'll get a load of blam points from it. This has got to change, and if you're wetting yourself about the thought of losing all your experience points and losing your most efficient way of getting them, go around voting 5 on everything instead. And make some flash artists less pissed off.

Response to Big Brother is Watching 2003-05-14 17:25:54

Sorry Detesticus... you've got a lot of talent, but the bad revioews my movies get... it just... it tears me up inside, y'know? Your drawings are great, they just don't really belong on Newgrounds... they're not stupid enough...

Take it as some free advertising.