00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErinJA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Grounds Gold

30,335 Views | 347 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 11:22:16

At 1/11/06 12:08 AM, Shrapnel wrote:
At 1/10/06 08:30 PM, Chronamut wrote: dopnt bother solus - ppl who arent from the audio forums are just jerks -.-
No just Shadow- he's a dork.

And there are some mods worth knowing too :) Thanks Shrap.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 13:57:32

erm hi i dont know if it was ment to happen but i got a newgrounds top entrys post for 1/03/06 and i'm just writeing coz thats in march where in jauary thats all i wanted to say coz i think it must of been an error sorry if its inconvenient to post it here

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 14:05:52

the chatroom has not been working ?!?

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 15:11:50

I gots to say, "no, sir, I don't like it." The pop-up always worked for me, and I have yet to see the pop-up blocker that is so intrusive it is impossible to work around. It is hardly the job of Newgrounds to re-design the website simply because people can't use the software they have, or as more easily understood, "Tom, J00 shouldn't have to listen to 73|-| /\/00|5!!!!111one!1."

The old way was nice because you could haul it up at a glance, and maybe I just haven't found it yet, but I see no sign-out button once I leave the menu page. Very bad. Very, very bad. Makes me feel all naked and exposed.

Maybe, just maybe, when you work all the kinks out, you'll have me won over, but until then, I definitely don't like it.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 15:25:40

Well I'm not a big fan of what it looks like atm, really liked how the old one looked. But since you're integrating new features into it I'll welcome the change :)
Couple suggestions and ideas:

Editing title, file, and description of audio submissions-Don't like typos and if you want to delete an old song that might use copywrited material or the likes

User comments-not sure how well this would work with the size of the site, but maybe have a place where users can leave a comment on other user's profile

NGSpray-An idea I got, perhaps people could have a 50X50 picture to act as their "mini-icon" that appears to the left of their name in their reviews. That and maybe show people's personal pic in the BBS like the site used to a few years ago, maybe it could be something you could toggle on and off.

Favorite Audio Artists and Favorite songs lists

And for one more idea, it's be really nice if you could have a playlist kinda thing in your profile where you can assign up to 10 songs from the audio portal to play in it, similar to the music for the NGMagazine. It'd work great for both exposure for audio artists and it could work like a sampler or something like that for that user's music if they put their own in.

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 16:17:53

Ya, theres a problem. Now you cant replie to reviews...

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 21:51:19

you forgot about p-bot, his profile is still a pop-up

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-11 21:58:53

w00ps, sorry just realized that its only for the sign in and not the profiles.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-12 18:43:49

man, my signature pic doesn't change.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-13 19:06:44

Eh, sorry Tom but I personally don't like it. But here's an idea, Once a month users can have a choice to either stick with the old one or go with the new one. But maybe you should have a poll or something because it seems many people are upset but welcome the change. Think about it.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-13 19:25:37

i dont really care....sry i just dont

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-17 02:27:59

I see that this is a pretty split subject, but I'm layin' my thing down on the 'I liked the pop-up' side. It did need some work, sure, but I don't think completely leaving the pop-up method was quite neccessary. I'm also not saying that I am opposed to change, far from it in fact, but I tend to live by a simple concept, passed on to me by my father in days of yore, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. The only problem I ever had with the old system, was that sometimes, if I left a page up too long (like overnight) it would act like I wasn't logged in, but that happened rarely.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-18 23:46:56

I hate this new way more than words can describe.

What kind of idiot uses a pop-up stopper that can't choose which windows they want to open? How do they watch movies then, huh? I bet they probably don't. I don't even use a pop-up stopper anymore, the amount of ads is nothing compared how it used to be.
And isn't this going to affect advertisers investing if they figured noone looked at their popups?

I like being able to look at my profile/preferences while I look at the site. Not have what I look at suddenly switched to a stretch view of my preferences. While the old version might have been too compact, the new one is not only lousy since it's not a pop-up, it's simply to large.

I suppose it doesn't matter though. We'll just get used to it like any other change.
I still don't like 'em, though.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-18 23:48:53

At 1/13/06 07:06 PM, milkman16 wrote: Eh, sorry Tom but I personally don't like it. But here's an idea, Once a month users can have a choice to either stick with the old one or go with the new one. But maybe you should have a poll or something because it seems many people are upset but welcome the change. Think about it.

Yay! Bring back NG polls!

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-21 16:19:41

NICE!

But can i send private messages or is it comming? If i can so how?

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-01-22 23:22:50

yeah i really perfer a pop up. a pop up is much easier to use also i can see it without having to lose my curent page.

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-02-09 05:59:59

Dunno whats changed but oh well o_O

Response to New Grounds Gold 2006-02-19 15:35:22

it was a bit buggy when i submitted a flash it didnt have that menu that lets you edit it and write to your reviews