00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Response to NG User Search 2006-01-08 16:38:34

At 1/8/06 11:06 AM, MortalExistence wrote:
At 1/8/06 11:01 AM, MortalExistence wrote: Hmm... I downloaded it and went to click on the program but this weird text box came up.
Sorry. I can't get my fucking PrtScn button to work right >:(.

It said something like this program has made an illegal operation. Press OK to terminate. I can't get into the program.

Okay, I've made a debug version of 0.3 that will spit out a log during the program startup. Download this copy at http://www.jfsoftwar..ges/NGUserSearch.exe
and run it send. Email the applog.txt file that the program makes in its own folder to joshua70448@gmail.com, or copy-paste it into a BBS post. I'll see if I can figure out what's killing the thing. If the program doesn't make an applog.txt file in its own folder, then tell me.

Response to NG User Search 2006-01-08 16:55:46

At 1/8/06 04:38 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Okay, I've made a debug version of 0.3 that will spit out a log during the program startup. Download this copy at http://www.jfsoftwar..ges/NGUserSearch.exe

and run it send. Email the applog.txt file that the program makes in its own folder to joshua70448@gmail.com, or copy-paste it into a BBS post. I'll see if I can figure out what's killing the thing. If the program doesn't make an applog.txt file in its own folder, then tell me.

The logfiles in C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson should also have information on this - program crashes are recorded there.

Það er margt sem myrkrið veit / minn er hugur þungur

Oft ég svarta sandinn leit / svíða grænan engireit

Í jöklinum hljóða dauðadjúpar sprungur

Response to NG User Search 2006-01-08 17:07:13

At 1/8/06 04:55 PM, schneelocke wrote: The logfiles in C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson should also have information on this - program crashes are recorded there.

Odd, I could swear I've seen Dr. Watson around here somewhere, but I can't find that folder on my WinXP SP2 computer. Oh well; MortalExistence, if you find anything useful in there, pass it along and I'll see what I can make of it.

Response to NG User Search 2006-01-08 18:40:22

At 1/8/06 05:07 PM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 1/8/06 04:55 PM, schneelocke wrote: The logfiles in C:\Documents and
Odd, I could swear I've seen Dr. Watson around here somewhere, but I can't find that folder on my WinXP SP2 computer. Oh well; MortalExistence, if you find anything useful in there, pass it along and I'll see what I can make of it.

Hmmm.. it might be that you have to enable it before it starts generating logfiles, but I don't recall doing that myself, so I'd be surprised if you had to. But then, this is an OEM version of windows, so maybe the manufacturer of my computer enabled it themselves...

M$ has more about the whole thing, too, BTW.

Response to NG User Search 2006-01-08 19:08:45

awesome that will really come useful for me,thx for making it....

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2006-03-20 23:42:17

Done it again, ShittyKitty. Excellent little nifty thing of a program. If you're looking to make further altercations and add more features to it, I'd love to suggest you implement similar features such as the ones used in the "NG Tools 2" program. Maybe there have been later, better releases of it, but I'd love to be able to search for profiles and then not only have basic info on them, but predictive info on things like b/p and exp. levels.

I'm liking it :D

Response to NG User Search 2006-03-21 06:51:18

At 3/20/06 11:42 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: Done it again, ShittyKitty. Excellent little nifty thing of a program. If you're looking to make further altercations and add more features to it, I'd love to suggest you implement similar features such as the ones used in the "NG Tools 2" program. Maybe there have been later, better releases of it, but I'd love to be able to search for profiles and then not only have basic info on them, but predictive info on things like b/p and exp. levels.

I'm liking it :D

It already can predict XP levels. :) (Or at least, it can tell you how long it'll take until someone gets to a specified higher level, assuming they and the level 30 user(s) deposit every day).

Predicting B/P ranks would be harder, as there's no information on your current pace in your profile, so it'd be rather inaccurate in most cases.

Response to NG User Search 2006-03-21 06:54:26

At 1/6/06 07:17 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I've released an initial version of my new program, which I'm called NG User Search (NGUS). This little beauty combines Google, NG BBS, and NG Portal searches to make finding users easier. It's an early version, so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that I plan on adding eventually. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

\wow you are good and how did you make it??? because that software rocked

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2006-03-22 00:47:32

Heh, its going to be a fun little tool to use from time to time. I give it two thumbs up, and a thank you for making this utility!

Pain is irrelevant, there is only pain.

Response to NG User Search 2006-03-22 22:09:46

At 3/21/06 06:51 AM, schneelocke wrote: Predicting B/P ranks would be harder, as there's no information on your current pace in your profile, so it'd be rather inaccurate in most cases.

If you get NG Tools you'll see what I mean. If you entered blam/protect points for a user, it'd save them, and then tell you how many points to go untill the next rank and all that sort of stuff.
Give it a year or two, SK will have put together all of his little programs together to make one uber NG EVERYTHING program :D

Response to NG User Search 2006-05-23 21:40:49

man thats an awesome program...good work! i finnaly found my friends account

Response to NG User Search 2006-05-25 00:51:51

At 1/8/06 11:06 AM, -MortalExist- wrote:

:Stuff

I have the same problem, the text box appears after starting the program, wait a sec, i'll take a look at what it says...
Ow dammit, dutch computer, wont be helpful anyway
Sorry guys!
The number thingy it says is: 0xc0000135.
But shittykitty, if you can do something about this?
That would be helpfull.

Response to NG User Search 2006-05-25 00:59:34

At 5/25/06 12:51 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: I have the same problem, the text box appears after starting the program, wait a sec, i'll take a look at what it says...
The number thingy it says is: 0xc0000135.

Download this.

Response to NG User Search 2006-05-25 13:30:56

Really nice!! I should try making stuff like that with Visual Basic, but I don't know how to get acces to internet and stuff (I never really tried to learn it).

But there is one small problem I get: Everytime I search for user Denvish, the program fucks up and gives an error (the error is made by the JIT) about unhandled exception, blah blah and:

Length cannot be less than zero.
Param name: length

Then the details:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
at NGUserSearch.frmMain.btnSubmit_Click(Objec
t sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(Event
Args e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventA
rgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(Mous
eEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Mes
sage& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Messa
ge& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Me
ssage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Messag
e& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.O
nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.W
ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback
(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hope that helps :(

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2006-06-07 01:52:03

either im retatrded or idk wut..but it only lets me search on google and doesnt even come up with any results..help plz

Response to NG User Search 2006-06-07 13:13:34

At 6/7/06 01:52 AM, physco_pickle wrote: either im retatrded or idk wut..but it only lets me search on google

Check the boxes for 'NG Portal Search' and 'NG BBS Search'

and doesnt even come up with any results..help plz

That'll be because it can't find the user's profile on Google. Not everyone's profile shows up on Google.

If they haven't posted and haven't submitted anything, you won't be able to find them either.

Response to NG User Search 2006-06-12 23:38:25

wow that program is wicked thanks u saved me time!

Xbox360 Gamertag : xXGrimwormXx

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2006-09-10 19:02:03

PROBLEM!
I try to dpwnlaod, and it says it can't be opened, help...? :(

Response to NG User Search 2006-09-10 19:19:52

At 9/10/06 07:02 PM, Frenzy wrote: PROBLEM!

You'll need a program such as WinZip or WinRAR to extract the files.

Response to NG User Search 2006-09-10 19:28:33

At 9/10/06 07:19 PM, Craig wrote:

Ok. Thanks.

Response to NG User Search 2006-11-10 20:55:28

At 9/10/06 07:19 PM, AfroUnderscoreStud wrote:

You don't need any kind of winzip program since windows has a file like that built into it. I have the problem where it says that the file needs to be debugged but I am downloading that dotnetfx.exe file right now and hopefully that will fix it. If it doesn't does anybody else know what I might be able to do?

Response to NG User Search 2006-11-11 00:56:25

You don't need any kind of winzip program since windows has a file like that built into it.

That would be true, but it isn't. I don't have WINZIP (I used to before I ****** up my other computer.) so I can't read the file.

I"m really not on the forums enough too have a good signature. Bonus points may be awarded to those who find the typo in the previous sentence.

Response to NG User Search 2006-11-11 13:07:29

Wasn't their a ng memberlist back in 2003? Anyway I'd like to know how the hell you did this ma'am.

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2006-11-11 13:36:48

This is something I've always wanted - thank you.

Response to NG User Search 2006-11-11 13:40:56

I havent downloaded but if it works
then thats pretty cool and handy

Drop Ya Pants and Grind, with M to the C

The Greatest Story Ever Told

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2008-05-01 08:48:20

\ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / / 1 \ \ \-|||-/ / / 2 \ \ \- - - - - - - - - -/ / /

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2008-05-01 10:34:40

At 5/1/08 08:48 AM, Thimbles wrote: If someone still has the program files laying around, could you torrent it and give us a link?

No. The redesign made this awesome program useless, and now you can just type the user name in the address bar to look it up.

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2008-05-01 16:24:30

nice i like it.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2008-05-03 05:47:55

At 5/1/08 04:24 PM, Buster1 wrote: nice i like it.

uhhhh... I guess you didn't read the post above yours from earlier that same day. Come on, folks. This is happening wayyyyy too much.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to NG User Search 2008-05-03 06:42:25

better than the standard one cause it uses google!

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature