00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,969,072 Views | 60,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 00:06:11

Hey yall sorry I haven't been in awhile, been busy with school. I think the characters look great, but is rsqviper doing the souljaboi?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 00:08:26

At 3/1/08 11:54 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: I'd say a golden site would look great, with the Supreme Comander icons on the top corners. Maybye with some red details... I don't know. I'd have to think for a little while to give my final opinion.

I was thinking about the current badge colors as the scheme, but I was trying to get input from other members.

Blue and silver isn't a bad idea. But why blue? I think nowhere in Newgrounds we have the blue colour, only in the "crying" emoticon.

Blue was part of the color scheme for the badges pre-redesign. Not to mention the old Barracks forums had a blue-ish scheme to it.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Anyway, I've laid out the possible design; it is subject to change, but I think it would work as it would kind of reflect Newgrounds' layout slightly. The image below just shows the backbone layout of the site; there will be visual sensations, I assure you.

The Elite Guard Barracks

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 00:52:00

At 3/2/08 12:08 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
At 3/1/08 11:54 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: I'd say a golden site would look great, with the Supreme Comander icons on the top corners. Maybye with some red details... I don't know. I'd have to think for a little while to give my final opinion.
Anyway, I've laid out the possible design; it is subject to change, but I think it would work as it would kind of reflect Newgrounds' layout slightly. The image below just shows the backbone layout of the site; there will be visual sensations, I assure you.

I think a newgrounds layout would be cool, but gold seems kind of bright though huh? Maybe camouflage or whatever color officers wear would look cool and maybe a tankman with a badge, but thats just my opinion. Sir
\\\Salutes

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 02:03:03

At 3/2/08 12:08 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: I was thinking about the current badge colors as the scheme, but I was trying to get input from other members.

That's not a bad idea; red, gold, and silver. Wouldn't look that bad, although you have to put the paint on the walls and let it dry before you know if it'll look good in the room.

Looks a lot like the front page on NG, only the Defcon Level is on the opposite side as the comparable Byte Size.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 02:45:53

At 3/2/08 12:52 AM, Pinoyguy75 wrote: I think a newgrounds layout would be cool, but gold seems kind of bright though huh? Maybe camouflage or whatever color officers wear would look cool and maybe a tankman with a badge, but thats just my opinion. Sir

Your opinion is noted, Private First Class. Welcome back, by the way.

\\\Salutes

*Salutes*

At 3/2/08 02:03 AM, TheThing wrote: That's not a bad idea; red, gold, and silver. Wouldn't look that bad, although you have to put the paint on the walls and let it dry before you know if it'll look good in the room.

I suppose. I'll get a jump on that tomorrow.

Looks a lot like the front page on NG, only the Defcon Level is on the opposite side as the comparable Byte Size.

Meh, even the Newgrounds layout style is like a lot of other sites.

Anyway, I'd say I've gotten a decent amount of B/P today, so I'm off to bed. I will awake at 9:00 to resume my duty. Night, everyone!

*Salutes*

Falls asleep on keyboard.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 10:24:49

At 3/1/08 09:43 PM, TheThing wrote: And is it just me, or does NEVR look gay?

Not gay, I look like Tyler Durden! :P

At 3/1/08 11:47 PM, RSQViper wrote: Well, looking at the actual ranks of high ranks, I think a gold/white combo could look sexy. Or a gold/red/white combo, just like the badges themselves.

I've played around with the gold/white/red combo on Photoshop, when I was designing the banner for the EGB forums, and it's honestly hard to get it looking really good over a larger scale. You'd probably have to use a deeper toned shade of Gold to counteract the paling effect that you get when having a colour over a larger area.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 11:06:32

This is a message from SlashFirestorm:

Bad news, everyone. Got a three-day ban for posting in a destroyed spam thread, bleh.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME, I'VE MADE MY MISTAKES, SHOULDN'T HAVE POSTED IN GENERAL, LIFE GOES OOOOON

In the event of a recruitment request from someone of appropriate status (Private+, no garbage whistle), please copy/paste the following to them. I'll be watching the thread and make the appropriate discussion thread in the forums.

If anyone needs to talk to me, hit me up on PM or my blog.

Welcome to the Barracks! Let me explain how the recruitment process works.

Currently you are in "Standby Status" while your case is considered. During this process, the current Barracks members will take a look at your record---posting quality, review history/quality, flash record, etc---and see if there are any problems.

Don't worry, we're not too strict about these things; we just want to make sure that you have a decent posting record (not too many one-liners and no flaming/spamming), don't make abusive reviews or rulebreaking flash, etc...

After a period of discussion amongst the Barracks members, our Recruitment Officer SlashFirestorm (or his superiors) will make the final call. Assuming that no objections are raised, this Standby Status should only last approximately 24 hours. SlashFirestorm will PM you with the final verdict.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 12:01:07

At 3/1/08 10:15 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: What color scheme do you think an EGB website should have?

I've been thinking a Blue/Silver scheme, but I don't know if those colors would fit the actual imagery of the EGB well or not.

blue/silver = cool

but the idea of the gold red (like that officers badge) could work too

At 3/1/08 11:47 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 3/1/08 10:15 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: I've also noticed a newer group that is into spamming, The Lucky Stars or [L*]. I'm sure you all have been aware of them for a while now, but today was the first day I saw them.
Never heard of them. But we certainly don't need another spam group. I suggest everyone keep their eyes peeled for any of them doing illegal activities such as file swaps, malicious Flash or alt accounts so they can be stamped out right away.

I know of then for a long time... I saw their first submission...
they aren't that bad... but.. even like that.. we should look them very closely

At 3/2/08 11:06 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: This is a message from SlashFirestorm:

Bad news, everyone. Got a three-day ban for posting in a destroyed spam thread, bleh.

ohh... i'm sorry to heard that sir
but... no-one is perfect...
look the good side of it
maybe you can continue B/P a little more now

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 13:11:55

Whatever happened to the guy who founded this crew? He seemed to have disappeared from the forum for a while.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 13:24:35

At 3/2/08 01:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Whatever happened to the guy who founded this crew? He seemed to have disappeared from the forum for a while.

Actually he popped in last week.

Also, does anyone els have issues marking reviews as helpful/unhelpful? I mark them, it says I voted, but doesn't actually take effect. I've even tried refreshing the page after or moving on to the next page. Is it Firefox? WTF!?!??!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 13:33:17

At 3/2/08 01:24 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 3/2/08 01:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Whatever happened to the guy who founded this crew? He seemed to have disappeared from the forum for a while.
Actually he popped in last week.

I'll need to visit this thread moe often.

Also, does anyone els have issues marking reviews as helpful/unhelpful? I mark them, it says I voted, but doesn't actually take effect. I've even tried refreshing the page after or moving on to the next page. Is it Firefox? WTF!?!??!

Someone could be using your ISP, not sure about this since it didn't happen to me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 14:11:39

At 3/2/08 01:24 PM, RSQViper wrote: Also, does anyone els have issues marking reviews as helpful/unhelpful? I mark them, it says I voted, but doesn't actually take effect. I've even tried refreshing the page after or moving on to the next page. Is it Firefox? WTF!?!??!

You mean if you mark a review, it doesn't say 'People found this review helpful/useless' straight away?

I think this is because it takes more than one vote to shift the review's "allignment" if you will. I've marked several reviews as helpful and unhelpful, and not once has it changed the message from "No users have weighed in on this review".

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 14:32:13

At 3/2/08 02:11 PM, NEVR wrote:
I think this is because it takes more than one vote to shift the review's "allignment" if you will. I've marked several reviews as helpful and unhelpful, and not once has it changed the message from "No users have weighed in on this review".

With the new view that the admins put in a few weeks ago, you have to refresh the page to see any change. And that's only when you vote on as-yet-unmarked reviews; marked reviews take more votes to change their alignment. But if a review says that no users have yet marked this review, and you vote on whether it's helpful, useless, or abusive, all you have to do is hit F5 to see the results of your handiwork.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 14:42:43

At 3/2/08 02:32 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: But if a review says that no users have yet marked this review, and you vote on whether it's helpful, useless, or abusive, all you have to do is hit F5 to see the results of your handiwork.

No, I've already tried refreshing the page, and it doesn't make a difference. The review still says 'No users have weighed in on this review.'

It's not a big deal for me, though, anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 14:59:05

At 3/2/08 02:42 PM, NEVR wrote: No, I've already tried refreshing the page, and it doesn't make a difference. The review still says 'No users have weighed in on this review.'

Hmm. That's strange, it always works for me... Ah, well. As long as your vote is counted, that's what matters.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 16:33:15

At 3/2/08 02:42 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 3/2/08 02:32 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: But if a review says that no users have yet marked this review, and you vote on whether it's helpful, useless, or abusive, all you have to do is hit F5 to see the results of your handiwork.
No, I've already tried refreshing the page, and it doesn't make a difference. The review still says 'No users have weighed in on this review.'

It's not a big deal for me, though, anyway.

Yeah this is exactly my problem as well. I used to be able to do it, no problem.

I went and tried doing some to test that said "No Users..." but still nothing even with refreshing.

It's annoying.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 16:38:16

Talk about kickin ass on the stats lately. I am almost leveled up in both lvl and B/P, and have gotten about 300 b/p's in the past couple of days. Nothinbg like sittin around the comp when yer bored and kickin ass on yer stats.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 19:35:30

Stero, if you're out there, I just had a thought for the Roster. It doesn't currently show rank, does it? Would it be possible to add each user's rank to the end of the roster, after their username? I think that would be nice, personally.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 21:39:24

At 3/2/08 07:35 PM, NEVR wrote: Stero, if you're out there, I just had a thought for the Roster. It doesn't currently show rank, does it? Would it be possible to add each user's rank to the end of the roster, after their username? I think that would be nice, personally.

ohh... so we continue with the improve the roster thing
I think that a would be cool (& would be a pain in the ass too) to have how many ranks did you go up on the roster this week
I am not sure if I explain it well (I'm really not sure how to say it in english)
so... something like this

>>> 22 || [ 12280 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || aldlv +1
>>> 23 || [ 12271 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || ever-vigilant -1
(those are real ones)

so you know how many member did you pass

but that would be hard... I know...
is just an idea that I have since a long time ago... =D

*salute* stero

=====

>>> 01 || [ 60710 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || NEVR +19
>>> 02 || [ 60709 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || X-Naut -1
XD... almost, right sir NEVR?
(fake ones... obviously :P )

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-02 22:20:05

At 3/2/08 09:39 PM, aldlv wrote: ohh... so we continue with the improve the roster thing

Well, I think we should always be thinking of ways to improve the roster and the Barracks in general.

I think that a would be cool (& would be a pain in the ass too) to have how many ranks did you go up on the roster this week

I like the idea, although for most updates people stay in pretty much the same places, so maybe just do it when people do overtake or get overtaken, like all the stat-lists in the Wi/Ht.

>>> 01 || [ 60710 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || NEVR +19
>>> 02 || [ 60709 ] || [ xxx ] || [ xx.x ] || [ xx.x+ ] || X-Naut -1
XD... almost, right sir NEVR?
(fake ones... obviously :P )

Haha, maybe one day in the very distant future :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 01:27:12

Hello, fellow Barracks members! I have just finished up a most educational day. I obtained around 7 eBooks that teach PHP; I'm looking to enhance the future EGB website. Which is what I spent around 65% of the day on, the actual website that is. I've selected a possible color scheme for the site, which is a grey/dark grey color scheme. I tried to use the Elite Guard badges' colors, but I couldn't seem to get the colors to look well with each other.

The color scheme below is subject to change, but I think it turned out nicely. For that possible color scheme, you may notice the regular black background; I'm still designing the background for the possible scheme.

I can't seem to make a good banner however, so if anyone wishes to design a banner/logo for that color scheme, please make it 750px : 100px. I'm really hoping one of you can save me on the banner issue. =)

Comments? Suggestions?

The Elite Guard Barracks

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 01:32:30

At 3/3/08 01:27 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Comments? Suggestions?

Shit, that looks AWESOME. That's really all I have to say. Change as little as possible from that design!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 01:35:52

It looks really good, maybe you could fit our colors in there somewhere, I don't know just throwing it out there.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 09:58:07

That's awesome Pancake. But it does seem a little too much like NG, maybe we could make a little more unique. I can see you spent alot of time on that but if you mixed some colours up then I think it would be much more 'us'.
Just a thought.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 10:12:19

At 3/3/08 01:27 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
Comments? Suggestions?

Dude, that looks awesome!

Keep up the good work!

In other news, If you guys were wondering where i've been, well i have the stupidest excuse but i was playing this game called War Rock which is completely to free to download at its site warrock.net and i played a total of 45 hours and i only signed up th 24th of February, i know that crazy...., its just soo addiction and its been compared to BattleField the game a lot and its been said that its much better! Here's my game stat hours:

http://www.xfire.com/profile/thedark360/

Well, Nows my March Break and yesterday i finished all my homework, YES!

My last day of my march break is March 9th and thats the day i pre-ordered this game which is talked about a lot. Super Smash Bros Brawl! Yep, thats the game...

Damn, i might be really inactive again....

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 11:07:15

The website design looks awesome, Pancake! May I suggest a flash app for the DEFCON level? It wouldn't do anything special, but flash just looks neat on web pages. Take the NG Log user menu for example =P

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 13:24:15

At 3/3/08 11:07 AM, Casualty wrote: The website design looks awesome, Pancake! May I suggest a flash app for the DEFCON level? It wouldn't do anything special, but flash just looks neat on web pages. Take the NG Log user menu for example =P

That would be cool indeed.

So what's the deal with this possible EGB website malarky? Is it actually going to become a realization in the near-ish future? Do we have a domain for it as of yet? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

If it does happen, it'll really be quite exciting, in my opinion. I mean, right now we have the EGB forums (which are essentially nothing more than just forums), and this thread. Whilst forums are flexible in that you can use them for a lot more than JUST conversation, it's hard to get highly motivated about the current EGB forums (no offense to Slash or any of the other guys who have put work into those forums).

An EGB website would be fantastic, as it would give us a completely new dimension. Forums are all very well and proper, but with a website it's far easier to get excited about visiting regularly, because there's the possibility for so many more cool features.

Anyway, to conclude, I'd just like to offer my services to PossiblePancakes in the production of this website. I'm not much of a programmer or designer (other than the odd graphical piece of eye-candy), but I'm very adept at writing, and I imagine that there are numerous bits of introduction, explanation, and more to be included in the website. If you would like me to take care of some of those for you, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to give it a go.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 16:40:37

At 3/3/08 01:32 AM, NEVR wrote: Shit, that looks AWESOME. That's really all I have to say. Change as little as possible from that design!

Why thank you; as much as I'd like for it to be done, there is still a little bit of work to be done on the images and such.

At 3/3/08 01:35 AM, Joshiwa wrote: It looks really good, maybe you could fit our colors in there somewhere, I don't know just throwing it out there.

Thank you, but what do you mean by "our color schemes" exactly?

At 3/3/08 09:58 AM, NintendoMadness wrote: That's awesome Pancake. But it does seem a little too much like NG, maybe we could make a little more unique. I can see you spent alot of time on that but if you mixed some colours up then I think it would be much more 'us'.

Well, first off thank you. To be honest, I always grew up to the NG color scheme and layout, so I always find it hard to stray from that path, but I will try and maybe fix up some of the images and such. Maybe add in more than just the NG color scheme as well, even though is does slightly differ.

Just a thought.

All comments and thoughts are appreciated. =)

At 3/3/08 10:12 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: Dude, that looks awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Will do, Sir. Welcome back! =)

At 3/3/08 11:07 AM, Casualty wrote: The website design looks awesome, Pancake! May I suggest a flash app for the DEFCON level? It wouldn't do anything special, but flash just looks neat on web pages. Take the NG Log user menu for example =P

That's true, Flash always does bring website layouts to a new level. I'll definitely try and keep a Flash idea in mind for the Defcon levels; it would look very sexy. =)

At 3/3/08 01:24 PM, NEVR wrote: That would be cool indeed.

So what's the deal with this possible EGB website malarky? Is it actually going to become a realization in the near-ish future? Do we have a domain for it as of yet? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

I hope it does become a full realization soon, but I have to flex its development around school, the EGB Flash cartoon, and even a social life that I somehow have, hehe. I do believe EagleRock said if we ever developed a website, he could host in under a sub domain on his regular domain, he may even be able to host a n actual full domain too, but don't hold Eagle or I to that. I'm just pulling this from a somewhat impaired memory.

If it does happen, it'll really be quite exciting, in my opinion. I mean, right now we have the EGB forums (which are essentially nothing more than just forums), and this thread. Whilst forums are flexible in that you can use them for a lot more than JUST conversation, it's hard to get highly motivated about the current EGB forums (no offense to Slash or any of the other guys who have put work into those forums).

A forums is a great place to discuss with a large group of people, but I don't always feel secure with some of the security on free hosting networks. We don't really have anything "top-secret" to hide right now though, so the forums we use now are just fine. I think a website would motivate a lot more people though; I do agree. Our leaders do a good job providing us with stuff though. =)

An EGB website would be fantastic, as it would give us a completely new dimension. Forums are all very well and proper, but with a website it's far easier to get excited about visiting regularly, because there's the possibility for so many more cool features.

Yeah, a completely customizable website for the EGB has always been a goal I've wanted to achieve, but I never got around to it really. Now that I am though, I want to give it whatever I've got. Hopefully, I can get a whole bunch of awesome features done. Like certain levels of authority can set the defcon level and post front-page news. Also maybe it should read information from Newgrounds, such as your B/P points and then automatically assort you like what is done in the updated Barracks roster.

Maybe we will no longer have to give members the burden of making those tedious updates?

Anyway, to conclude, I'd just like to offer my services to PossiblePancakes in the production of this website. I'm not much of a programmer or designer (other than the odd graphical piece of eye-candy), but I'm very adept at writing, and I imagine that there are numerous bits of introduction, explanation, and more to be included in the website. If you would like me to take care of some of those for you, just let me know and I'll be more than happy to give it a go.

It would be nice to have some help in the development of the site. So feel free to do whatever you want to help out, rather it be writing FAQs and such, or designing graphical artwork for the website. This is about the improvement of the EGB, right? So if anyone wishes to help, don't even ask; I will be happy to take whatever you made, and implement it if needed. =)

As an off-note, I snuck out of my house last night at around 2:00 AM CST; needless to say I have a hangover, so I'll try and be as useful as possible today.

I've got to start hitting those PHP books again now, talk to you all later! =)

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 17:04:46

may i join? i've been getting a lot of b/p points lately.

salute

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-03 17:11:39

At 3/3/08 05:04 PM, atomspliter wrote: may i join? i've been getting a lot of b/p points lately.

salute

Sorry, Security Guard, but the requisites for joining the Elite Guard Barracks are the rank of Private, which is 2,500 B/P points.

Until you obtain this rank, you may wish to consider joining the NG Police HQ, who are affiliated with us, and work in much the same way. Some NGPD members 'graduate' to the Barracks when they acquire enough points.

Just a note, however - the NGPD are on the verge of reforming. This shouldn't be a problem should you express a desire to join, but it is something you should be aware of.

BBS Signature