00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,968,999 Views | 60,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:01:01

At 1/3/08 04:52 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 1/3/08 04:33 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Id like to join this club, anyone mind bringing me up to speed about precisely what this crew is all about?
Barracks for anyone who has a b/p rank of Private or higher

Yea but is there anything in particular I need to know that wasnt covered in the first page or two of the thread?

Like do we need to meet any requirements?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:04:53

At 1/3/08 05:01 PM, PantyWipe wrote:

PM SlashFirestorm for your interest in joining this crew

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:05:39

At 1/3/08 05:01 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Yea but is there anything in particular I need to know that wasnt covered in the first page or two of the thread?

The only real requirements are having 2,500 B/P and a decent recent posting history (not too many 1-liners or 1-worders).

That's really about it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:07:01

At 1/3/08 04:33 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Id like to join this club, anyone mind bringing me up to speed about precisely what this crew is all about?

You do have the qualifications to join. You have intelligent posts and good reviews (I've seen you in the WWE club and know you're not a moron, heh), intact whistle, and are of Private+ rank.

I know some of the newer EGB members might be hesitant when they see your connection to the KK (although I can't say that I know how active your involvement is), but let me ease their minds: I checked out his flashes, both co-authors and solo submissions, and none of it is rulebreaking or stupid-redundant. I made worse during my Barney Bunch days, so it's all good. In fact I kind of liked a few of his solo works, heh

I'd actually like having a KK member in the EGB, because it can help clarify the Barracks' purpose to those who don't know us (as most probably consider us a mass-voting club or an army roleplay, lol).

Anyway, the Barracks is basically about fair voting. We don't tell members what to vote on or how they should vote. We are not the enemies of any group, either. Barracks members are only expected to vote on flashes based on how they enjoyed it, not for protection points (or blam points). The main role of the EGB is to have a group of high-ranking voters who vote based on their definition of quality, as opposed to the huge chunk of the Newgrounds public that are point-whores.

We're stat-whores, yes, but we liked our stats to be earned in good conscience, heh.

We spread the message about doing so, hoping that we make a difference, as small as it may be. We also report stolen flashes here and to the NGPD to be investigated, and if something rulebreaking/stolen manages to pass judgment or is fileswapped, we make sure Wade is notified.

We also serve as a sort of tutorship for new NG members; since most Private+ users are long-time members, we can help lots of new sign-ups, whether it be as simple as linking them to the Newgrounds FAQ or guiding them through flash-making.

Lately the EGB has also gotten more focused on review work and whistles, and one cannot join if they have a Garbage Whistle. We have a whistle improvement project for those who want a shinier whistle, although it's currently postponed until the Barracks forums are re-done.

If you want to join, give the Barracks FAQ a read at our forums, and if you're interested, register there and I'll validate you. That's really all you have to do to join up.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:28:07

Thank you, SlashFirestorm for the clarification. I have registered with the forum.

I would, however, like to clear the KK thing up. I had been a member of Newgrounds for 5 years with no affiliations because I didnt feel the need to join any crews. When I had seen how bad people LOATHED the KK more than any of the dozens of spam crews that do the exact same thing they are guilty of, I was curious as to why they were hated with so much more intensity. So I decided to start talking to them and see for myself. As it turns out, the KK (In my humble opinion) are some of the nicest people Ive met me 6+ years here at newgrounds, and have a surprisingly good sense of humor and wit. I ended up falling in love with the KK members and joined shortly after, As irony would have it, my involvement with them is to the point that I am a Kitty (The only higher rank in the KK is administrator or mod)

As long as it isnt a problem for me to be proud of my KK friends or my involvement with the Krew, I would be happy to join the EGB, and I also thank you for not passing judgement on me for my KK ties, which the majority of NG users tend to do. This seems like an awesome crew that a person can be proud to be a part of.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:31:34

I really don't care if he's involved with the KK, I think they're hilarious, regardless of how shite their flashes can be. Some of them really make me laugh out loud just seeing that they had the beans to submit it into the portal. So I have no problem with him joining, clearly.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:43:02

At 1/3/08 05:28 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Thank you, SlashFirestorm for the clarification. I have registered with the forum.

I would, however, like to clear the KK thing up. I had been a member of Newgrounds for 5 years with no affiliations because I didnt feel the need to join any crews. When I had seen how bad people LOATHED the KK more than any of the dozens of spam crews that do the exact same thing they are guilty of, I was curious as to why they were hated with so much more intensity. So I decided to start talking to them and see for myself. As it turns out, the KK (In my humble opinion) are some of the nicest people Ive met me 6+ years here at newgrounds, and have a surprisingly good sense of humor and wit. I ended up falling in love with the KK members and joined shortly after, As irony would have it, my involvement with them is to the point that I am a Kitty (The only higher rank in the KK is administrator or mod)

As long as it isnt a problem for me to be proud of my KK friends or my involvement with the Krew, I would be happy to join the EGB, and I also thank you for not passing judgement on me for my KK ties, which the majority of NG users tend to do. This seems like an awesome crew that a person can be proud to be a part of.

I can relate to that---I went through something similar with the Barney Bunch. They got a lot of heat from the public because of the handful of people that submitting fileswaps and computer-crashers, despite the fact that most of the members submitting nothing more harmful than secret episodes. I ended up joining them and, like you, found a group of funny and nice people. They taught me the basics of flash and we had a lot of fun on Secret Episode Days and such.

It certainly isn't a problem for you to be proud of your group affiliation---most of us at the Barracks know that the majority of KK guys don't break any rules, and we don't hold a whole group accountable for the actions of a few. Most KK flashes make me laugh, myself, like the Barney Bunch of old *sniff*.

So yeah, welcome aboard.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 17:55:04

to slashfirestorm

lol, lets call a truce. maybe i was pretty stupid to not check the like 900 pages after the first. peace?

if we release the gingers we are all in terrible danger

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-03 18:04:31

At 1/3/08 05:55 PM, undeadcl0wn-4 wrote: to slashfirestorm

lol, lets call a truce. maybe i was pretty stupid to not check the like 900 pages after the first. peace?

Yeah, yeah, alright, heh.

Incidentally, it seems that the post history glitch (you couldn't see anyone's posts after New Year's in their history) has been fixed. Swell.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 08:41:22

At 1/3/08 02:25 PM, RSQViper wrote: Mine will be extended slightly an a part of my "30 Shorts in 30 Days" series that I am working on. I've actually been planning it for a little while now as a future project of mine. I've got 20 written now.

Sweet, something to look forward to then :)

I agree, it was pretty damed funny. Just not epic. I save epic for... well... epic things.

I thought it was more epic than Waterlollies.

Also, on a B/P note: I am liking the trend I am seeing a little better than the usual trend. MUCH more stuff was blammed yesterday than normal. Today my Saves barely outweigh my Blams. Sure, it's partially because I vote to blam things that end up passing (even though they SUCK ASS), but it also means that things are getting blammed that SHOULD be.

Yeah, I've had 3 days with 10-20 Blams, when I'm usually struggling to make double figures. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

At 1/3/08 03:34 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: You don't gotta worry just yet. All I've done so far is hit up the flood on New Year's and nail a few interesting-looking UJ flashes...

Well, I've displaced KWAS71KCK and moved into the top 75, so I've got at least someone between me and you :P

But Slash will return...

I'll get ready for then :P

At 1/3/08 06:04 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Incidentally, it seems that the post history glitch (you couldn't see anyone's posts after New Year's in their history) has been fixed. Swell.

Definately - I can check how many posts I've made today, without having to resort to my spreadsheet.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 11:38:33

I remember when it was normal to see people with more blams than saves, and people were acquiring Blam points a lot faster Protect points. I used to have twice as many B points than P points. As u can see that has changed significantly. Yet, I to, have noticed that in the last couple of days I have been getting more B points than usual. Hmm...

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 19:13:34

Hm, pretty quiet today up in here.

Well, ol' Slashy would again like to inform the Barracks about another extremely swell piece of music that I found on the Audio Portal. This track, by uziwave, is great for calming shattered nerves, like the ones you sometimes get after a long, hard day on the Portal.
SLASH APPROVES.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 19:19:21

At 1/4/08 07:13 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Hm, pretty quiet today up in here.

Too quiet...

Well, ol' Slashy would again like to inform the Barracks about another extremely swell piece of music that I found on the Audio Portal. This track, by uziwave, is great for calming shattered nerves, like the ones you sometimes get after a long, hard day on the Portal.

Hey, that is pretty cool. I like the use of birds chirping in it.

Soothing...

Need for killing fading... slowly...fading...

gone...

SLASH APPROVES.

Me too.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 19:28:10

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 19:43:02

At 1/4/08 07:28 PM, aldlv wrote: guys... NG have been hacked...
not kidding

Wow. I saw that UJ, too. Interesting hack.

I wonder if it has something to do with you adding a buddy and if they haven't approved it you can still co author them.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 20:05:53

If I had to wager a guess, it might have something to do with replacing co-author ID's in URL's manually or something. But I don't know. In any case, yeah, hopefully it'll be fixed before it's exploited like crazy.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 20:17:54

not kidding
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41 8684

Yeah i have this flash submission which i didn't submit and all the people that were on co-author list didn't submit it either. I couldn't find out who submitted it since it was flagged for abuse and this happened a long time ago.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 21:43:17

not kidding

Pretty interesting hack. It doesn't really harm NG, although it does prevent the population from knowing who submitted a flash. But that could be a good thing; if the average statwhore can't trace who made the flash, they might not give it a 2 or a 5 because a certain author made it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-04 23:07:58

where's EagleRock?
what's going on right now?
sorry I'm not online a lot, don't kick me out of the EGB :'(
I just finnished Assassin's Creed!
Eric Johnson is great!
Anybody likes metal music here?
or anything else? music fans?

sorry for my weird posts guys :P

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 00:33:43

Hey everyone I just wanted to post and apologize if I'm not entirely active here for the next couple of days, it'll only be because I'm busy with updates for the NGDD. Thanks.

Salutes

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 00:49:06

At 1/4/08 09:43 PM, TheThing wrote:
not kidding
Pretty interesting hack. It doesn't really harm NG, although it does prevent the population from knowing who submitted a flash.

Actually, that is now different than it was. It WAS BigFuzzyKitten posting the Flash and then he somehow made a workaround and coauthored M-Bot, P-Bot and all the actual NG Bots.

Now for some reason all authors are missing.

Also, I did a search on BigFuzzyKitten's flash and he has very few now. I'm wondering if a hammer was dropped or if he's doing it to all his Flash. Either way, I didn't see anything else after the letter "D" when I looked.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 01:00:41

At 1/5/08 12:49 AM, RSQViper wrote: Actually, that is now different than it was. It WAS BigFuzzyKitten posting the Flash and then he somehow made a workaround and coauthored M-Bot, P-Bot and all the actual NG Bots.

Now for some reason all authors are missing.

Also, I did a search on BigFuzzyKitten's flash and he has very few now. I'm wondering if a hammer was dropped or if he's doing it to all his Flash. Either way, I didn't see anything else after the letter "D" when I looked.

but he was not the only one...
kberkag added Adam Phillips & all the ng bots on his movie
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41 7809

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 01:04:09

This flaw thing is really getting out of hand.

We need the admins to take immediate action.

I already pmed Wade but i don't expect to get a response.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 01:45:52

Submissions by Six-Armed Child Molester (BigFuzzyKitten):
View all 571 of this author's submissions

They're still there (I'm not sure how many he had before, but that's still a damn lot).

We should just wait out the storm. When the glitch is fixed, I have a feeling that anyone who abused it more than once or twice is going to be e-sodomized.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 01:58:25

At 1/5/08 01:45 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Submissions by Six-Armed Child Molester (BigFuzzyKitten):

They're still there (I'm not sure how many he had before, but that's still a damn lot).

You're right, they are. I clicked his drop-down menu on a Flash and there weren't many. They ARE all listed under Flash in his profile though

We should just wait out the storm. When the glitch is fixed, I have a feeling that anyone who abused it more than once or twice is going to be e-sodomized.

I like how he did it as a "favor" to the admins.

You know, vice actually EMAILING someone and letting them know? Hopefully a nice ban is in order for him and anyone else doing it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 02:41:48

At 1/5/08 01:45 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Submissions by Six-Armed Child Molester (BigFuzzyKitten):

That would be nice yeah, I can't stand those guys, 571 submissions...

But all the spammer crews have already been kicked a couple times in their e-balls, so there have been some good work done against those guys, and I hope they will all end up burning in HELL !!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 07:52:45

At 1/5/08 01:45 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: We should just wait out the storm. When the glitch is fixed, I have a feeling that anyone who abused it more than once or twice is going to be e-sodomized.

Things in the portal are going to change, I just know it's gonna happen.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 09:18:05

At 1/5/08 07:52 AM, Seamonky wrote:
At 1/5/08 01:45 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: We should just wait out the storm. When the glitch is fixed, I have a feeling that anyone who abused it more than once or twice is going to be e-sodomized.
Things in the portal are going to change, I just know it's gonna happen.

I like hearing admins say this.

I like it a lot.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 10:05:02

I hope that Wade takes some serious actions against BFK this time. Any "mercy" will only encourage more spamming crews to challenge the authority.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-05 10:25:12

co-authors topic

Adam phillips just make a post about his latest NOT-submissions...
go to front page...
he is dam upset...

poor Adam... he had the best artist ranking (he is # 1 right?, becuase... the ranking haven't been updated)

and there is no signal from the staff yet...

changing topic...

Sgt. Major aldlv reporting...
9500 B/P was hard

BBS Signature