00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,966,957 Views | 60,498 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 09:17:09

At 3/7/07 09:02 AM, Legend wrote: Did eaglerock quit or something?

No, and I'd appreciate it if you could lengthen your posts while you're here too. Eagle is just busy with work and married life, he is still a technical and honorable member.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 10:24:12

At 3/7/07 01:59 AM, Sentio wrote:
There is no point reviewing something if you can't suggest a few improvements. Like I said, don't take it the wrong way- it was very good. There are just a few little things you should think about in future :). Hopefully it will make you a better writer.

Thanks a lot for the comments. =) I will take them into consideration the next time I plan on writing something. I didn't take it the wrong way- I actually enjoy getting feedback like this because it helps me understand in what aspects I can improve upon. :) Thanks, Sentio! :D

*salutes*

*Salutes*

At 3/7/07 02:11 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
Oh thats really sad. I have also noticed how slow the portal has been. :

Yes, the portal was very slow yesterday. I hope today it speeds things up.

P.S: I recently applied to become a review mod (ramagi asked) and I put a few of you guys names down as references,

Yes, I did see she made a post about that in the abusive thread. I wish you the best of luck. :)

At 3/7/07 07:42 AM, Phantom wrote:
It's good that you picked up writing, and about the story, I have nothing to say Sentio hasn't said already. :-P

Thanks.

*Gets away with not reading it*

Oh, how nice of you. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 16:10:31

At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
Well I promised I would make it today so here it is.

Thanks for doing it again. =)

Sentio – 1297
pepeatumi – 1149
dave – 1071
ADT – 1069
ArtDanVal – 1022

Congrats to you five on reaching over 1000 b/p since the last update.

Special congratulations: Sentio, Second time as No.1 Gainer!

Whoo!

New EGB members: DarkLotusAngel, RSQViper

Welcome and nice to see you again.

04 // 46405 // 659 // 47.0+ // BlueHippo

This will take awhile, at least 3 months to reach 46k and then another few months to make up the difference hes gained in that time.

05 // 41405 // 173 // 12.3- // Major-punk

Good news: I'm back at home.
Bad news: This pace stinks.
Good news: My pace will improve drastically.

06 // 40059 // 1149 // 82.0+ // pepeatumi

Congrats on passing 40k, it's good to see your back on track.

At 3/6/07 01:53 AM, X-Naut wrote: 05 // 41405 // 173 // 12.3- // Major-punk
Won't be much of a threat.

Not this year.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 16:25:37

At 3/6/07 03:38 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote: 01 // 50869 // 1069 // 76.3- // ADT
Do I need more reasons to hate you now.

I'm still waiting for you to pass me up like you said you where going to do! :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 16:33:46

At 3/7/07 04:10 PM, Major-punk wrote: Congrats on passing 40k, it's good to see your back on track.

Thanks. and its good to know that you're back home... At least until you start getting a high amount of B/P and make it more difficult for me to catch you.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 16:34:09

At 3/7/07 10:24 AM, PenguinLink wrote:
At 3/7/07 02:11 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
Oh thats really sad. I have also noticed how slow the portal has been. :
Yes, the portal was very slow yesterday. I hope today it speeds things up.

I wonder why? Cmon portal, I am ready for you today. I promise I will vote on all if your submissions :-)

P.S: I recently applied to become a review mod (ramagi asked) and I put a few of you guys names down as references,
Yes, I did see she made a post about that in the abusive thread. I wish you the best of luck. :)

Thanks for the luck! I would really love to help out Newgrounds even more by being a mod!

At 3/7/07 04:10 PM, Major-punk wrote:
At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote:
Well I promised I would make it today so here it is.
Thanks for doing it again. =)

No problems Major-punk. I am happy to do it as long as I need to.

Thats great news! I am really glad everything has worked it self out and your at home again. Now its time for you to get that pace back up!

At 3/7/07 04:25 PM, ADT wrote:
At 3/6/07 03:38 PM, Phantom wrote:
At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote: 01 // 50869 // 1069 // 76.3- // ADT
Do I need more reasons to hate you now.

*"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" Followed by an eery silence, Awaited Phantom's comeback. " This is like being in TV show studio audience!"*

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 18:53:31

ah, I apologize phantom, I was an old member, and a good friend of eaglerocks, I see no one here remembers me.

I didn't see what else to say, i was hoping to talk to eagle, and I don't really know you that well, except that you regard yourself in very high esteem >.>

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 19:01:32

Ok, a few little things, and I'm too lazy to quote...

The portal is still rubbish, though I've been horribly busy today at work as well, which hasn't helped. 20 points so far today :(. At this rate I might not even get 75 per day this week, which is terrible given the crazy amount of time I spend on here!

It's good to hear you're getting back on your feet Major-Punk, and it will be good to see you around here a bit more in the coming weeks :)

Good luck to Sterockicy on applying to be a review mod- you're work in the abusive review thread will be sure to put you in good stead as a candidate, and I'll be sure to put in a good word if Ramagi comes calling. I'm actually tempted to apply myself- although I don't do as much in the abusive review thread I do have the insane hours I spend on this site on my side, and I'd like to have something else to do around my B/Ping :)

And I got my 12000th save earlier, not that I really care that much. They are still catching my blams, though not as fast as they were. I still lose a huge number every day by voting 0 on spam submissions that go on to pass.

I might do a bit of writing this evening after PenguinLinks little story last night- I'll be sure to point you towards the Mafia if I do end up posting something.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 19:28:36

At 3/7/07 04:10 PM, Major-punk wrote:

It's nice hearing you got everything suited out, Major-punk. And don't worry about your pace stinking- I'm sure once you get back on your feet you will be owning once again. :)

Haha, that's what I'm talking about! We need some more smart talkin' around here! :D

At 3/7/07 04:34 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
*"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" Followed by an eery silence, Awaited Phantom's comeback. " This is like being in TV show studio audience!"*

At first I thought you were groaning, but then I realized you were making that "ooo" sound when someone makes a comeback or says something rude to someone. Sorry, long day in School. :(

At 3/7/07 07:01 PM, Sentio wrote:
Ok, a few little things, and I'm too lazy to quote...

Laziness, my friend, is something we all understand. :)

The portal is still rubbish, though I've been horribly busy today at work as well, which hasn't helped. 20 points so far today :(. At this rate I might not even get 75 per day this week, which is terrible given the crazy amount of time I spend on here!

The Portal has still been rubbish today but I see a slight improvement over yesterday. The Portal yesterday was horrible. 20 Points isn't so bad considering you're awfully busy. If I were to be busy like yourself, I won't count on even acquiring a single point. And about making the 75 Per Day list, I still think you have the opportunity to make it. Other members like me have no chance in doing so, though. :(

I'm actually tempted to apply myself- although I don't do as much in the abusive review thread I do have the insane hours I spend on this site on my side, and I'd like to have something else to do around my B/Ping :)

I can picture you as a review mod but I can establish a more precise, fitting picture of you as a BBS Mod. I have seen you spend most of the time here on the forums and you would provide great correlation of cleaning up the place. Anyway, give it shot! You won't lose anything, will you? :)

And I got my 12000th save earlier, not that I really care that much. They are still catching my blams, though not as fast as they were. I still lose a huge number every day by voting 0 on spam submissions that go on to pass.

Congratulations on your 12,000th save, buddy! :D When I started B/Ping, my blams were a greater substantial amount than that of my saves and look at me now. My Saves have greatly surpassed my blams. Quite interesting, eh?

I might do a bit of writing this evening after PenguinLinks little story last night- I'll be sure to point you towards the Mafia if I do end up posting something.

Great! I'll be looking foward to it. What a great chance would it be to pay you back for the helpful assistance you gave me yesterday. As a matter of fact, you were the only one who cared to look at it and write out helpful comments, something I won't forget. :)

*salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 19:36:02

At 3/7/07 07:28 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Haha, that's what I'm talking about! We need some more smart talkin' around here! :D

i iz souper sart butt u iz dum!

lol

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 19:50:13

Laziness, my friend, is something we all understand. :)

I like being lazy, especially after the day I've had! My back is aching from leaning over cell cultures so long.

The Portal has still been rubbish today but I see a slight improvement over yesterday. The Portal yesterday was horrible. 20 Points isn't so bad considering you're awfully busy. If I were to be busy like yourself, I won't count on even acquiring a single point. And about making the 75 Per Day list, I still think you have the opportunity to make it. Other members like me have no chance in doing so, though. :(

I try and get on as often as I can, even on busy days. I've missed a lot today though. It has picked up a little this evening, but it still isn't great- I'll try and pick it up this evening, it won't be hard if I'm writing at the same time :)

I can picture you as a review mod but I can establish a more precise, fitting picture of you as a BBS Mod. I have seen you spend most of the time here on the forums and you would provide great correlation of cleaning up the place. Anyway, give it shot! You won't lose anything, will you? :)

Done now, so no going back :). I may post well, but I'm not well known enough to be a BBS mod, and I don't post enough. At least not in my opinion. Plus the idea of cleaning up after stupid noobs is not one I like- I'd much rather sweep through reviews and clear out all of the rubbish- it doesn't talk back as much :D

Congratulations on your 12,000th save, buddy! :D When I started B/Ping, my blams were a greater substantial amount than that of my saves and look at me now. My Saves have greatly surpassed my blams. Quite interesting, eh?

There was a 4000 point between them a few moths back, it's now down to 2500. I don't really care, but it is nice to have even stats.

Great! I'll be looking foward to it. What a great chance would it be to pay you back for the helpful assistance you gave me yesterday. As a matter of fact, you were the only one who cared to look at it and write out helpful comments, something I won't forget. :)

I have a reasonable idea for a story, although it will be more a descriptive piece. Don't hold your breath, I'm pretty shattered and may not bother, but a review would be nice if I do write something :)

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 20:21:14

At 3/7/07 04:34 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
At first I thought you were groaning, but then I realized you were making that "ooo" sound when someone makes a comeback or says something rude to someone. Sorry, long day in School. :(

Yes, Those long sounds are sometimes hard to understand. I am never quite sure how to write out sounds of that nature. As you all know I do make those weird sounds a lot and I dont blame you for not understanding sometimes. Hell, even I get confused when attempting to write them. Say, How would you write out the sound for an audience making THAT sound?

At 3/7/07 07:50 PM, Sentio wrote:
I try and get on as often as I can, even on busy days. I've missed a lot today though. It has picked up a little this evening, but it still isn't great- I'll try and pick it up this evening, it won't be hard if I'm writing at the same time :)

Done now, so no going back :). I may post well, but I'm not well known enough to be a BBS mod, and I don't post enough. At least not in my opinion. Plus the idea of cleaning up after stupid noobs is not one I like- I'd much rather sweep through reviews and clear out all of the rubbish- it doesn't talk back as much :D

Looks like I have some competition on my hands. The next few hours/days/weeks is going to be tense. Good luck my friend! I am quite happy for you.

*Shifty eyes*

:-)

IN STRANGE NEWS!

I just found out then that HomerDough has decided to leave Newgrounds. I looked through his profile to find a fairly shocking message as well as a strange last post. Check it out and you will see what I mean. I am not sure if I should PM him and find out what has happened and even if I did PM him, if he would even go on NG again to check and reply to it.

What do you guys think?

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 20:28:54

At 3/7/07 08:21 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
IN STRANGE NEWS!

I just found out then that HomerDough has decided to leave Newgrounds. I looked through his profile to find a fairly shocking message as well as a strange last post. Check it out and you will see what I mean. I am not sure if I should PM him and find out what has happened and even if I did PM him, if he would even go on NG again to check and reply to it.

What do you guys think?

I already told Phantom that a few days ago. I guess we should discharge him or we could be really mean and hack into his account but that is mean but he did insult NewGrounds so i don't know?

*Salutes*
*Salutes*

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 20:39:19

At 3/7/07 08:28 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
IN STRANGE NEWS!

What do you guys think?
I already told Phantom that a few days ago. I guess we should discharge him or we could be really mean and hack into his account but that is mean but he did insult NewGrounds so i don't know?

Oh sorry I didnt see that post. Damn school gets me behind in news a bit. Anyways, I dont think we should hack his account (even though I would have no clue how to). I mean just because he made a bit of an abusive message towards NG doesnt mean we should break the laws and rules just to get onto his account. I mean 20% of NG users abuse NG at one stage. Its not something to get angry about. I am sure there is a valid reason why one of my mates has suddenly left without a reason. Give him time to sort whatever it is out and we will see if he comes back.

*Salutes*
*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 20:45:34

At 3/7/07 08:39 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
At 3/7/07 08:28 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
Oh sorry I didnt see that post. Damn school gets me behind in news a bit.

I didn't post it here i pmed him.

Anyways, I dont think we should hack his account (even though I would have no clue how to). I mean just because he made a bit of an abusive message towards NG doesnt mean we should break the laws and rules just to get onto his account. I mean 20% of NG users abuse NG at one stage. Its not something to get angry about. I am sure there is a valid reason why one of my mates has suddenly left without a reason. Give him time to sort whatever it is out and we will see if he comes back.

Damn i always wanted to hack into someone's account so i could feel what it feels to have hacked into someone's account. Since Homerdough left then this is a perfect opportunity to pass him in B/P ranks.

*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes* (again)

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 21:01:38

I personally don't know what to do about what he has said or done. I agree with a discharge but then again he could've had a bad day and that is all. Who knows really? I always saw him as a great help and he was well respected from what I know so I don't know what could've set off this sudden outburst. I just hope he comes back and about hacking his account.. thats just wrong and no one could be him except him so don't think you could do it and take his place. Thats just wrong. Maybe he will come back, maybe not but I don't see hacking his account as the right thing to do.

*Salutes*

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 21:35:46

At 3/7/07 09:01 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Stuff.

That was very well said FarkLotusJuggalo. That explanition was exactly what I wanted to say but I couldnt think of the right way to say it.

Ok, lets get off that subject now as it is sort of discussing hacking (even though we are not planning to hack) which is wrong.

My next subject is on the movie "What is love?"

Did anyone else notice that that movie dropped from no.1 to no.26 in no more than a few minutes recently? I was stunned to see it up to top 1 second and then I had to Ctrl+f it the next second because I didnt know where it had gone.

How on earth did this happen? Do I detect a hint of mass voting or is it just that all of the top 20 submissions are so evenly scored the littlest thing can make them drop?

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 22:42:01

At 3/7/07 09:35 PM, Sterockicy wrote:
At 3/7/07 09:01 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Stuff.
That was very well said DarkLotusJuggalo. That explanition was exactly what I wanted to say but I couldnt think of the right way to say it.

Ok, lets get off that subject now as it is sort of discussing hacking (even though we are not planning to hack) which is wrong.

My next subject is on the movie "What is love?"

Did anyone else notice that that movie dropped from no.1 to no.26 in no more than a few minutes recently? I was stunned to see it up to top 1 second and then I had to Ctrl+f it the next second because I didnt know where it had gone.

How on earth did this happen? Do I detect a hint of mass voting or is it just that all of the top 20 submissions are so evenly scored the littlest thing can make them drop?

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

I wouldn't doubt it, many crews and whatnot mass vote their submissions through so it would be understandable to believe that they also do it to other submissions they don't like or just want to mess up. I think mass-voting is wrong in the first place but its even worse when people use it to mess up someone elses work.
*Salutes*

I'm about to go up a rank in b/p! Only a few points away so probably by time most people see this it would've happened already.

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 22:53:55

Looks like I have some competition on my hands. The next few hours/days/weeks is going to be tense. Good luck my friend! I am quite happy for you.

*Shifty eyes*

Good luck to you too- I personally think you are better qualified with your work in the Abusive review thread, but I guess I have the advantage in time spent online, and possibly experience around NG, although that is debatable. A bit of friendly competition will do you good anyway :)

It is indeed strange behavior from HomerDough, and I have no idea what has brought it about. For the time being I suggest just to leave the situation and see if he comes back with an explanation- my guess is something has annoyed him and possibly he has overreacted. I hope whatever it is that has upset him so much is quickly solved anyway, it would be a shame to lose such a good member.

Early congrats to DarkLotusJuggalo (sorry if I spelt that wrong, doing it from memory...) on the rank up...

And my story can be found
here in the NG Mafia, and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could read and comment upon it. PenguinLink will be pleased to see that it is based off his idea, and is called 'The flight of the monkey'.

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 23:08:46

At 3/6/07 03:38 PM, Phantom wrote: You aren't doing half bad yourself, but some people are just too good at it and/or have more time/better time zone.

My time zone isn't all that bad. Except for the afternoon area when I get back from school, and barely any flashes are UJ. Then I have to wait until later in the evening for it to pick back up again.

At 3/6/07 08:31 PM, PenguinLink wrote: One Bullet
A short story by PenguinLink

It still amazes me on how people can write neat stories like this.

Nice story, by the way.

At 3/7/07 04:10 PM, Major-punk wrote: Good news: I'm back at home.

That's good to hear.

Not this year.

Eep.

At 3/7/07 09:35 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Did anyone else notice that that movie dropped from no.1 to no.26 in no more than a few minutes recently?

Just did.

I was stunned to see it up to top 1 second and then I had to Ctrl+f it the next second because I didnt know where it had gone.

Meh, I'm not as stunned. Especially since this happens a lot in the Flash Portal. One flash gets #1, while a new flash emerges, and eventually becomes the new #1. Also, with other people who want other people's flashes to be #1, mass voting occurs, and starts to go out of control.

So it's nothing too new.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 23:52:24

At 3/7/07 10:42 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
I'm about to go up a rank in b/p! Only a few points away so probably by time most people see this it would've happened already.

Congratulations on acquiring your next rank! Keep up the great work soldier. :)

At 3/7/07 11:08 PM, X-Naut wrote:
It still amazes me on how people can write neat stories like this.
Nice story, by the way.

Thanks a lot for the kind words buddy. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

At 3/7/07 10:47 PM, Sentio wrote:
The Flight of the Monkey

Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling the monkey had was simply astonishing. You described very well the landscape and practically every single aspect there was to the story. I could picture every image clearly. I felt like I was reading an actual piece of literature. It truly amazes me how well and clearly you can describe aspects there is to the story. And I absolutely loved the diction, or word choice. Every word you chose was very well used and resembled that of every scene incorporated in the story. If my Flash Animation skills were up to date- I would with great honor incorporate this into an animation. Simply astonishing. You truly have talent, Sentio, and I am glad you are using it and letting us take part of it. Excellent work my friend. I hope to see more of your stories in the near future.

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-07 23:54:55

At 3/7/07 04:25 PM, ADT wrote: I'm still waiting for you to pass me up like you said you where going to do! :)

Haha, you go inactive for a total of 3-4 months, then we'll see who has the upper hand, it's not hard being the first runner when your opponent is crippled

At 3/7/07 06:53 PM, Legend wrote: except that you regard yourself in very high esteem >.>

Pardon me? Exactly what do you mean by that, and would you mind repeating it, one more time?

At 3/7/07 11:08 PM, X-Naut wrote: My time zone isn't all that bad. Except for the afternoon area when I get back from school, and barely any flashes are UJ. Then I have to wait until later in the evening for it to pick back up again.

My night time is the most active time in NG, so unless I switch sleeping habits, I'm bound to lose points.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:01:04

At 3/7/07 11:52 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
At 3/7/07 10:42 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote:
Congratulations on acquiring your next rank! Keep up the great work soldier. :)

Thank you sir! I am now Elite Guard Private First Class. I will continue to work in the portal as much as possible to filter out the bad while letting the good through. I am off to stand guard once again.

*Salutes*

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:05:39

At 3/6/07 01:21 AM, Sterockicy wrote: Well I promised I would make it today so here it is.

Barracks roster – March 6, 2007

15 // 21560 // 894 // 63.3- // MadCow

Aw, darn it, I looked through your post history and saw that I was the top gainer last time you updated this!
I missed one of my only moments of glory, lmfao. But whatev's, I am still steadily going up the ranks with each day :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:12:29

At 3/7/07 11:52 PM, PenguinLink wrote:
Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling the monkey had was simply astonishing.

'The monkey'? He has a name and feelings you know! :P Thanks for the kind words though- it is a long time since I did a proper descriptive piece like this, and it felt good :) I also owe you a big thanks for the idea (I'm sure you saw that I credited you for it)- my biggest weakness is inspiration for a story, although once I have something to work with I can come up with a story fairly quickly. Keep the ideas coming!

You described very well the landscape and practically every single aspect there was to the story. I could picture every image clearly. I felt like I was reading an actual piece of literature. It truly amazes me how well and clearly you can describe aspects there is to the story. And I absolutely loved the diction, or word choice.

A thesaurus is my best friend :). I used it a lot in writing this, and just changing certain words to convey exactly what I wanted to say. I'm glad you felt it was like reading an actual piece of literature- that is about a good a compliment I could ever receive :)

Every word you chose was very well used and resembled that of every scene incorporated in the story. If my Flash Animation skills were up to date- I would with great honor incorporate this into an animation.

Seriously, if you want to do that at any time then you are more than welcome to. I'd love to see some of my writing in flash form, and of course I wouldn't say no to being co-authored on something ;). If you did decide to animate this particular piece, could I ask that you use the music 'Flight of the Bumblebee ', either as Rimsky-Korsakov's original piece, or the piano adaptation by Sergei Rachmaninoff. As you can tell by the title, that was another part of the inspiration for this :). The Trans-Siberian orchestra also did a version, but I've never heard it, so you'd need to play that past me if you wanted to use that :).

Simply astonishing. You truly have talent, Sentio, and I am glad you are using it and letting us take part of it. Excellent work my friend. I hope to see more of your stories in the near future.

I'll keep writing so long as I get positive responses like this- thanks :)

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 00:39:26

At 3/8/07 12:12 AM, Sentio wrote:
'The monkey'? He has a name and feelings you know! :P Thanks for the kind words though- it is a long time since I did a proper descriptive piece like this, and it felt good :) I also owe you a big thanks for the idea (I'm sure you saw that I credited you for it)- my biggest weakness is inspiration for a story, although once I have something to work with I can come up with a story fairly quickly. Keep the ideas coming!

Sorry about that. Let me re-write the sentence "Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling Bob had was simply astonishing." There, better? :P Yes, I saw that you credited me but I didn't deserve such a nice act. Thanks, although I don't think I deserve it. I will keep the ideas coming for sure, though. So keep your eyes peeled for them. :)

A thesaurus is my best friend :). I used it a lot in writing this, and just changing certain words to convey exactly what I wanted to say. I'm glad you felt it was like reading an actual piece of literature- that is about a good a compliment I could ever receive :)

Aha! So you used a thesaurus, didn't you? :D That is a writer's best friend when it comes to writing descriptive pieces like these. :)

Seriously, if you want to do that at any time then you are more than welcome to. I'd love to see some of my writing in flash form, and of course I wouldn't say no to being co-authored on something ;). If you did decide to animate this particular piece, could I ask that you use the music 'Flight of the Bumblebee ', either as Rimsky-Korsakov's original piece, or the piano adaptation by Sergei Rachmaninoff. As you can tell by the title, that was another part of the inspiration for this :). The Trans-Siberian orchestra also did a version, but I've never heard it, so you'd need to play that past me if you wanted to use that :).

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to incorporate your story into flash form, but as I stated, my animation skills aren't so great. :( I will have to improve intensively if I would like to take part in such an act. I'll take your music selections into consideration though, if the time comes when I believe my skills are reedemable of such a detailed flash animation. It should be quite a challenge to animate though when the time comes because I would want it to look exactly as you made it. So just give me some time to polish my skills, and then we'll see in the near future. Or if I never improve, you can always refer to another Flash artist. I'm sure they'd be happy to make your story into an animation. Probably would make it even better than of what I would have had in mind.

I'll keep writing so long as I get positive responses like this- thanks :)

Good to hear I at least gave you positive feedback. :) I couldn't find any flaws so that explains why I didn't leave a lengthy review as yours. :(

*salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 01:06:47

At 3/8/07 12:39 AM, PenguinLink wrote:
Sorry about that. Let me re-write the sentence "Wonderful. Simply wonderful. Your ability to describe every single feeling Bob had was simply astonishing." There, better? :P Yes, I saw that you credited me but I didn't deserve such a nice act. Thanks, although I don't think I deserve it. I will keep the ideas coming for sure, though. So keep your eyes peeled for them. :)

Much better :). You did deserve the credit- without the idea I couldn't have written it.

Aha! So you used a thesaurus, didn't you? :D That is a writer's best friend when it comes to writing descriptive pieces like these. :)

Yeah, I doubt there are many writers that don't use one- it is an invaluable tool, especially for a descriptive piece like this one. I certainly couldn't live without it.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to incorporate your story into flash form, but as I stated, my animation skills aren't so great. :( I will have to improve intensively if I would like to take part in such an act. I'll take your music selections into consideration though, if the time comes when I believe my skills are reedemable of such a detailed flash animation. It should be quite a challenge to animate though when the time comes because I would want it to look exactly as you made it. So just give me some time to polish my skills, and then we'll see in the near future. Or if I never improve, you can always refer to another Flash artist. I'm sure they'd be happy to make your story into an animation. Probably would make it even better than of what I would have had in mind.

Start practicing- if this is going to be turned into an animation I want it to be done by someone I know, not some random animator. You're right, it would be graphics intensive, and I would want it to be perfect, as indeed you would as well, but if you keep practicing I'm sure you could pull it off in the not too distant future :)

A few ideas for it to pique your interest:

1) Start it off in the shed, with cobwebs, chains, bones etc setting up a really dark and sinister scene. Music would be 'Night on a Bald Mountain' by Mussorgsky, and as you move through the shed, you would see a pair of red eyes near the back, staring at you. I like to use classical pieces as I find them much more descriptive and better at setting a scene. This would be a flash with no dialog, just an assault on the senses, and the right music is important.

2) As the music comes up to a crescendo, Bob bursts from the shed (could be done from his view?), and out into a bright light...

3) The second phase uses the Flight of the Bumblebee as mentioned above, and would be a series of very fast colours and short snaps of animation. I can picture Bob swooping and flying over the roof of a mansion very quickly, and with bright colours everywhere it would be very strong on the eye following the dingy start. Bob should still have a slightly sinister look- sharp teeth, claws etc., but look happy (a smile?), and a kind of loveable in an evil way.

4) Two options for the end- another change of music, a setting sun, and Bob in silhouette on top of the mansion. The music would be much slower, and kind of bring it to a close.

OR

Bob lands in front of a wall, still using the Flight of a Bumblebee music, and it ends with looking at the viewer and slamming a swallow into the wall behind him with a smile on his face. Lots of blood needed, and is a reference to the initial dark scene after all the happiness and colour. He is meant to be used for evil after all :)

What do you think? Any other ideas? The more I think about it the more I like it. I think you could do something like this given your talents, and your last flash certainly had the colorful feel about it. This would be much quicker, and would be tough on the art front, but you're good enough to do it if you take time over it and keep practicing :). It would also be quite long, given all the music changes- it would be more like a music video than anything else, as the music would really dictate the pace and scenes.

Give it some thought :)

Good to hear I at least gave you positive feedback. :) I couldn't find any flaws so that explains why I didn't leave a lengthy review as yours. :(

I don't mind you not finding flaws, although I'm sure there are a few (did spot one typo, which is bothering me!). A positive review is still good to massage the old ego, so it's all good :)

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 01:29:55

At 3/8/07 01:06 AM, Sentio wrote:
What do you think? Any other ideas? The more I think about it the more I like it. I think you could do something like this given your talents, and your last flash certainly had the colorful feel about it. This would be much quicker, and would be tough on the art front, but you're good enough to do it if you take time over it and keep practicing :). It would also be quite long, given all the music changes- it would be more like a music video than anything else, as the music would really dictate the pace and scenes.

The more you tell me about it, the more I feel motivated to create such an animation. :) It would certainly be a test of my animation skills. I can even take it as a challenge to see if I can do such a thing. I can picture every image you described in an animation I could make. Quite interesting indeed. You know what? Hell, I'll take the challenge. I should try and see what I come up with. :) But it indeed will take me some time and effort. So it'll take me some time to get the animation done. The descriptions you gave me really helped me out to brainstorm what I'll want to do first. If it is possible, will you send me a PM of every idea you have? I need every idea from you as possible so that I can start off from there. The reason for why I'm asking for a PM is that I don't want the Barrracks to turn into a Flash discussion thread. :P

Give it some thought :)

I will. :)

*salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 05:56:00

:blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:

Dayum, that mofo needs to hurry up. Slash needs an excuse to do something. :'(

So, ah...anything important happening lately?

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2007-03-08 06:00:38

At 3/8/07 05:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: blearily stumbles in, grumbles at lack of new layout, and stumbles out:
Dayum, that mofo needs to hurry up. Slash needs an excuse to do something. :'(

Slash, what's up old buddy, good to see you back again, I understand though you are displeased with the layout which stayed pretty much the same, aren't we all.

So, ah...anything important happening lately?

The first spam movie was successfully blammed.

BBS Signature