00:00
00:00

The Elite Guard Barracks

1,921,091 Views | 50,551 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-08 16:55:36

Does this game work for any of you? All I see is a blue screen after it loads.

_ _ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ ng.egb && steam && last.fm π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ _ _

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-08 17:31:36

At 6/8/19 04:55 PM, GUTHRIE wrote: Does this game work for any of you? All I see is a blue screen after it loads.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732754

The game doesn't work for me, it's just a blue screen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-09 00:09:38

At 6/9/19 12:08 AM, ZomAlien wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732767
Boy I remember this heart attack.

It was everyone's first heart attack.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-09 07:58:30

This is about the fourth or fifth version of this game that I've seen in the Portal in the last week. Now if you're not going to ban this type of shit altogether, there has to be a limit to how many times someone can upload a demo in a short amount of time - what can you possibly improve on that sort of update cycle?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-09 23:48:22 (edited 2019-06-09 23:50:28)

At 6/9/19 07:58 AM, jonthomson wrote: This is about the fourth or fifth version of this game that I've seen in the Portal in the last week.

Ok. How many are present at the moment?

Now if you're not going to ban this type of shit altogether,

That's not your department.

there has to be a limit to how many times someone can upload a demo in a short amount of time

There is: 2 per day limit.

- what can you possibly improve on that sort of update cycle?

I dunno. Vote 0 and move on.

Are you reporting something legitimate, or just bitching and moaning? you're ....kinda good at sorta one of those things. Sorta. Maybe.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 03:22:51

At 6/9/19 11:48 PM, Exedor wrote:

Are you reporting something legitimate, or just bitching and moaning? you're ....kinda good at sorta one of those things. Sorta. Maybe.

At some point it goes beyond "legitimate" demo improvements and is spam. You're right I don't like these things at all, and back in the good old days they simply weren't allowed, but a lot of them do actually take some time between iterations and seem to actually make some improvements, which is kind of fair enough. The frequency of this guy cannot possibly be doing that.

I guess I should just make a ten second Madness movie (as they also seem to be almost immune to being blammed), have it do little apart from shoot a gun and plug my website, and then just add another couple of frames or a different bit of background every day, call it Hot Furry Anal v0.186946 WIP and profit. It's the 2019 Newgrounds way I guess.

As an aside, has anyone seen ANY of these things actually get completed?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 04:06:15

At 6/10/19 03:22 AM, jonthomson wrote:
At 6/9/19 11:48 PM, Exedor wrote:
At some point it goes beyond "legitimate" demo improvements and is spam. You're right I don't like these things at all, and back in the good old days they simply weren't allowed, but a lot of them do actually take some time between iterations and seem to actually make some improvements, which is kind of fair enough. The frequency of this guy cannot possibly be doing that.

You think any submission that goes through more than one or two stages is spam, so I see no truth in your statement here. Your flags always say otherwise. I'm sorry, but it is the truth.

I guess I should just make a ten second Madness movie (as they also seem to be almost immune to being blammed), have it do little apart from shoot a gun and plug my website, and then just add another couple of frames or a different bit of background every day, call it Hot Furry Anal v0.186946 WIP and profit. It's the 2019 Newgrounds way I guess.

As an aside, has anyone seen ANY of these things actually get completed?

There's the moaning that Exedor mentioned. Exaggerated moaning, too.

This is ONE user that you're freaking out about and the previous versions of their current game were removed several days ago. We do our best to keep several versions of a game still in progress to a limit of two. Does it always happen right away? No, because us Portal mods have our own lives. You flipping out doesn't help anyone. We WILL get around to it.

If it gets to the point where a user is submitting versions everyday or extremely frequently with little to no improvements, we will obviously take serious action beyond just removing the submissions. But complaining every time that a game has three demo versions instead of two isn't going to do anything. Especially if the latest demo just got uploaded five minutes ago and none of us Portal mods have had time to take action because we have lives outside of Newgrounds.

Be patient. If you have legitimate concerns, report them appropriately, not angrily.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 10:24:30

Should this be flagged for not containing animations?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 13:08:38

At 6/10/19 04:06 AM, Big-Boss wrote:

This is ONE user that you're freaking out about and the previous versions of their current game were removed several days ago.

You're both missing the point. I can just about live with the current amount of demos that someone can have if it's never going to be reverted to the glory days of Newgrounds. Most of them do at least wait a while and will have made some changes, many of them even having a changelog to say what they've done. What I do have an issue is seeing the same game coming up multiple times a week, even if the previous versions have been deleted, because they're adding next to nothing each time (as they don't have enough time between submissions to possibly do so), and are only doing so in order for their submissions to keep showing up in the latest games/movies tabs multiple times a week, begging for some naive user to visit their Patreon in the hope that they'll get someone to send them money to develop the game (which, 99% of the time, will never be finished).

It's just like emails - if a company's sending me something every week or so, that's fine. If it's to the point where I'm noticing them more than I'm noticing legitimate mail, it becomes spam and gets dealt with as such. At least in my email account it does, anyway.

I see no point in replying further here, nobody is going to do anything about a problem if they don't even perceive it to be one

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 16:23:24

At 6/10/19 03:55 PM, taspavelproductions wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732855
This is Fight.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

_ _ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ ng.egb && steam && last.fm π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ π’ˆ™ _ _

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-10 16:46:18

At 6/10/19 04:23 PM, GUTHRIE wrote:
At 6/10/19 03:55 PM, taspavelproductions wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732855
This is Fight.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

iu_32781_6450362.jpgiu_32782_6450362.jpg

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-11 01:10:42

At 6/10/19 01:08 PM, jonthomson wrote: What I do have an issue is seeing the same game coming up multiple times a week, even if the previous versions have been deleted,

You're acting like there are a hundred users per week doing this or something. There has only been two users in the past week who have submitted several versions of their current game, which all got removed except for the most recent ones. After that, I can't even remember the last time a user did that.

And yes, I know you have a problem with that whole Patreon thing, but do you really think ALL of those people are attracting any serious revenue or attention by putting a link in the description of their submission? A lot of them don't make anything. As for some names on Newgrounds that have hundreds of followers here, their Patreons have hundreds of followers as well and are actually updating and working on their game. You can easily see that by visiting their Patreon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-11 04:21:52 (edited 2019-06-11 04:22:15)

At 5/24/19 03:10 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: So on a whim I decide to google an old Matrix Online clan member username I used... and a few clicks down a rabbithole, I'm signed back into NewGrounds.

There she is! I can't actually believe you're back here! Isn't it funny how the internet leads you down a rabbit hole at times? :P

So um you guys.. I think... I think I just got sucked back into newgrounds after reading this. I miss you all and your friendships. Lizz, I miss you! Y'all got Facebook or somethin'?

OMNOMNOM! We missed you too Krev! I do have a Facebook, I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

At 6/1/19 12:50 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 5/10/19 09:13 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Yey, a new records officer! So will we expect monthly roosters from Peregrinus for the forseeable future?
Yes you will! In fact...

YEY, ROOSTER TIME!

Let's pretend I made this post 11 days ago. I've been swamped at work. Don't judge me.

May was a busy month for me. Spring took its sweet time showing up, and when it did, it flooded my region out pretty severely. Once the waters receded, we were met with an onslaught of mosquitoes.

Ick. Mosquitoes are the worst. Luckily, I don't have to worry much about them being over the pond, but whenever I do venture out of my country, it's like the mosquitoes can just sense it & pummel me as soon as I step foot on warmer territory.

I hope everyone has a great June. Get out there and enjoy nature! ...or just hand out on Newgrounds, whichever.

Well if @TomFulp would just give us an iOS / Andorid app for NG, we could do both! You know, be outside AND post on NG. But he's too busy running a website or something.

New Recruits:
@ZomAlien

Welcome aboard my friend! I apologise I was not around to welcome you sooner. I hope that you enjoy your stay with us & are around for a while! I'm sure that @Byteslinger has already gone through the initiation process with you? If so, how were the midgets & whipped cream?

Leaving The Barracks:
No members retired this month.

This is always a good sign.

The Roster:
No. | B/PΒ Β | GainΒ | Average | Grade | Change | Username | Rank | Posts | Grade
10) 25,825Β | 0,948 |Β 30.58Β | B | -007.15 | @Peregrinus CommanderΒ | 11 | B
11) 23,482Β | 0,428 |Β 13.81Β | C | -032.70 | @Lizzardis Lt. GeneralΒ | 1 | D
12) 17,362Β | 0,204 |Β 06.58Β | C | -038.92 | @Jackho MajorΒ | 2 | C

Apart from the fact that I'm now General, I feel as if I'm NEVER going to catch up to you @Peregrinus!

Top 5 Gainers:
@GUTHRIE - 1,183 (27.13% of total)
@Peregrinus - 948 (21.74% of total)
@byteslinger - 773 (17.73% of total)
@Lizzardis - 428 (9.82% of total)
@Big-Boss - 396 (9.08% of total)

These are good stats guys, keep it up!

Top 5 users accounted for 85.50% of B/P points (3,728 total)

This however, is a little on the high side. 5 users account for 85% of all the B/P stats of this club? Come on guys!

Top gainers, repeat appearances:
@byteslinger (76)
@Big-Boss (66)
@GUTHRIE (24) * 2 Years *
@Peregrinus (15)
@Lizzardis (3)

N'aww. Look at my little ol' 3 next to all of these big timers!

Now if I just skip ahead a few posts, look through all the things, yes yes, everything is in order. Although...

At 6/10/19 01:08 PM, jonthomson wrote: You're both missing the point. I can just about live with the current amount of demos that someone can have if it's never going to be reverted to the glory days of Newgrounds.

Well you're a name I've not seen in a long time. Shame it's under such duress.

I have an issue with your whole "I can just about live" shpeal that you've just sprouted. Now, first & foremost, I'm a massive advocate for NG, I grew up here, so it's my home away from home. However, I do have to point out, that you're taking this whole site, and more importantly the Portal, a little too serious, don't you think?

If it's to the point where I'm noticing them more than I'm noticing legitimate mail, it becomes spam and gets dealt with as such. At least in my email account it does, anyway.

So therefore, you have 1 of 2 options here.

1) You vote 0 if you don't like the demo or disagree with the fact that it should have a place on the portal (Optionally: You can also flag the submission as Spam, but that would only be a detriment to your whistle if the actual rules disagree with what you consider to be spam) - In this instance, this is you "dealing" with the spam & actually doing something about it. Of course, this is literally all that you can do. Ever get those spam messages that just don't seem to go into your spam folder, or you block 1 and another appears? Yeah, this is like that. Just chill out, delete the email, and move on. Just chill out, vote 0 if you didn't like the flash & move on.

2) Don't do anything & spend a few minutes of your day bitching and moaning about how the system is broken because it doesn't fit your views or ideas of what is or isn't spam, and then spend a few more minutes of your day arguing / disagreeing to the actual reasons why you may or may not be wrong, and refusing to listen to anybody but the small whiny voice in your head.

Let's see which one is more productive.

I see no point in replying further here, nobody is going to do anything about a problem if they don't even perceive it to be one

Ahh, so you went for option 2 then. Good for you. At least you made a decision, and hey, god loves a trier.

You've literally been on this site for 19 years. You should know how this works by now. Some things make it through the portal that you didn't like, and that's fine. The portal is a place where people can store their work so people can enjoy it. So what if it's a demo or 3? People clearly voted on the work & enjoyed it.

Besides some of the NSFW animators / creators actually do make a really good living off of providing their NSFW to NG & other sources. In fact, I think one of them who regularly uploads beta versions of his NSFW game earns roughly $20,000 A MONTH for making his games...

It really makes me think I chose the wrong path in life.

A Lesson on reviewing. | Computer troubles?

Officially part of the 10 Year Club.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-12 17:04:23

"This game isn't mine, i'm only uploading this, because i couldn't find this on newgrounds."

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-12 17:40:39

At 6/12/19 05:04 PM, Peregrinus wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732942

"This game isn't mine, i'm only uploading this, because i couldn't find this on newgrounds."

Removed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-12 19:13:08

At 6/12/19 07:12 PM, valken666 wrote: Is this allowed? It's basically the same game, but he added an ending when the user goes to the pound.

//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732952
//www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668109

No, that's definitely not allowed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-13 01:03:24

At 6/12/19 05:40 PM, Big-Boss wrote:
At 6/12/19 05:04 PM, Peregrinus wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/732942

Removed.

Jesus Christ, I haven't seen that game since second grade! Wow, these thieves are really digging things up.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-14 20:58:45

Stolen Here:

Classic One:

mariosonicgames.com/Games/PaperMarioWorld2.htm

gooad!

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-16 02:05:52

though he added audio to this short animation clip he didnt make it himself. i posted a comment asking if he got perms to post that video by the original creator but wanna put this here too just incase- not sure if this is an issue or not

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2019-06-16 02:06:53

At 6/15/19 06:43 PM, DrakoFangs wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/733107
Stolen from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfxDxk0gwL0
They just added sound, they don't mention anywhere if they had permission to use the animation.

pfft didnt see you mentioned it too- guess we're in the samey boat, i dont know if it's an issue or not exactly so i didnt flag it but still wanted to post incase here

BBS Signature