00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

baddest gun ever...

3,024 Views | 18 Replies

baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:36:37

i was browsing the internet and came up on this particular gun i thout id let yall see it...

This particular assault shotgun, engineered for police use and military service, would have been a major hit on such markets if it would have made it out from the prototype phase. It didn't, sadly.

The fine folks at PANCOR - MARK THREE CORPORATION made it in Bull-Pup configuration, which allowed a barrel of standard lenght to be hosted in a considerably short weapon. This resulted in being the "Jackhammer" considerably shorter than the only selective-fire shotgun available on the market at that time (The South-Korean made Daewoo-Atchisson USAS-12), and shorter than all the other selective-fire shotgun prototypes that were under development (by Remington, Heckler&Koch, and many others including Franchi here in Italy); thus making it much more mangeable in confined spaces and close quarters battle (thought I would never shoot such a beast in a small room or from inside a vehicle, unless wearing two or three pairs of hearing protection headsets, and a helmet). Its muzzle brake / flash suppressor and its recoil absorbing system allowed a consistent reduction in recoil felt, muzzle climb and flash. Furthermore, the weapon was fed through a 10-rounds rotating magazine, that operated much like the cylinder of a revolver, it "turned" after every shot to put a cartridge on line with the striking pin and the chamber. There was no chambering of a shell, and no shell ejection; empty shells were left in the cylinder, this meant no shelss ejecting in someone's face and ready usability by both right-handed and left-handed shooters, a gun ready to be fired by changing shoulder if facing a shootout from behind a wall, etc. Once out of ammo, one could have reloaded it by opening the cylinder, ejecting the spent shells and putting 10 new ones in it manually, or directly by changing the cylinder.

And now the bad news. Only 10 prototypes or so were actually made, in its development stage between 1984 and 1990; most of them were manufactured AFTER 1986, so them would be forbidden for civvies anyway. THERE ARE "JACKHAMMER" SHOTGUNS ON THE US CIVILIAN MARKET. Only TWO, mind, -TWO- "Jackhammer" shotguns manufactured before 1986 made it to the hands of private collectors in America. One of these lucky guys had a website around 2001/2002 or so, but I didn't kept the record when I found it, and now I'm not able to find it any longer (I've been googling A LOT). If you'd trace him out, though, I'm not sure that he'd be willing to sell you his Jackhammer. I wouldn't. But if he would, be ready to spend a REAL gross; I'm not a real expert of selective-fire weapons pricing for the civilian market, 'cause I'm Italian and living there and we cannot have full-autos (only those "evil paramilitary-style" semi-automatic clones), but I see around the web in Class-III dealers sites that, as for an example, USAS-12 shotguns are priced about 25K US$, and the Jackhammer is much rarer...

baddest gun ever...

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:39:44

Isn't it called a JACK or something?Meh,whatever,I've seen it in about every single modern war game I've ever played.

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:40:32

I want one :)

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:43:37

At 11/22/05 07:39 AM, blackanese10 wrote: Isn't it called a JACK or something?Meh,whatever,I've seen it in about every single modern war game I've ever played.

as a matter of fact yes if you would have read the paragraph it would have told you it was called the jackhammer.....

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:44:27

This is a pic from an old game I use to play.Yeah it kicked ass in close range and SOMEtime shootouts.

baddest gun ever...

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 07:47:17

At 11/22/05 07:44 AM, blackanese10 wrote: This is a pic from an old game I use to play.Yeah it kicked ass in close range and SOMEtime shootouts.

ya but this picture i have is the actual military jackhammer.... this is the modern one that shoots almost 10 rounds a second...(imagining....if you could shoot 10 shot gun shells a second why in a hour you would have shot 6,000 shells)holy crap....

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:02:34

Just fired a .9 mil and trust me that will get the job done this thing looks like and Alien versus Predator - marine rifle

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:04:03

:o

You get to use that in Battlefield 2. It's the unlocked engineer gun.

CRACKCRACKCRACKCRACK!

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:06:18

No you are thinking of the USAS-12 gun,the gun in BF2 has a round ammo clip.
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:11:01

At 11/22/05 08:06 AM, blackanese10 wrote: No you are thinking of the USAS-12 gun,the gun in BF2 has a round ammo clip.

What?

The gun the OP posted is definitely 100% the unlocked eng gun.
The muzzle is ever sheared the same way, the trigger, the magazine: everything.

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:13:47

Ooooh sorry I was thinking of the gun that you unlock for the Anti-Tank class.Haven't played BF2 in a while,don't know why I was thinking that.

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:13:55

At 11/22/05 08:11 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 11/22/05 08:06 AM, blackanese10 wrote: No you are thinking of the USAS-12 gun,the gun in BF2 has a round ammo clip.
The gun the OP posted is definitely 100% the unlocked eng gun.

The gun he posted isn't loaded. Therefore you can't see that the clip is round since it isn't in the gun.

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:15:44

If I'm not mistaken, you can also get that in Fallout 2.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:16:32

At 11/22/05 08:13 AM, blackanese10 wrote: Ooooh sorry I was thinking of the gun that you unlock for the Anti-Tank class.Haven't played BF2 in a while,don't know why I was thinking that.

Yeah, that's DAO something-something.
Like a revolver.

At 11/22/05 08:13 AM, CardboardFace wrote: The gun he posted isn't loaded. Therefore you can't see that the clip is round since it isn't in the gun.

Durrr, you can see where it goes.
Round things fit in round holes, last I checked.

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:18:39

Ok see the trigger in the back?That little thingy drops old clip and opens up thing in front of it to put in another clip.Taa-daa!Boom boom boom!

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 08:20:14

At 11/22/05 08:13 AM, CardboardFace wrote: The gun he posted isn't loaded. Therefore you can't see that the clip is round since it isn't in the gun.

Waitasec.

You are the OP, you knob.
Stop confusing me with your thrid-person narrative.

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 14:15:44

Worse* And its called the JACK :)

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 14:22:06

BBS Signature

Response to baddest gun ever... 2005-11-22 14:40:14

the baddest gun would probably have to be this:

baddest gun ever...