Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 15:20:33

silly remarks by ungrateful american slobs

What is it with you american people and france? Is it jealousy? Is it because they have a higher education rate then you? or because they have a much lower obesity rate then you?

Do you even care that the statue of Liberty was given to you by the french?

The french have had to take a lot of stick over the whole Iraq war business, even though I for one was right on their side (peace does not come down the barrel of a gun). They have had queit enough racist press about them without you making fun of what is obviously a serious crisis on their part.

BBS Signature
Rebel666
Rebel666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 15:27:36

Most of my family live in Paris, so far they're alright. The rest of my family live in Louisiana and Mississippi, Hurricane Katrina... I still haven't heard from many of my family members. Geez, this is a great year for my family.

HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 15:29:36

looks like fun. can i come?

BBS Signature
subpar
subpar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 15:31:35

So they're just going around burning cars?

... LOL

I am not responsible for the content of the post above.

BBS Signature
HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 15:38:54

At 11/7/05 03:20 PM, Newground_Freak wrote:
silly remarks by ungrateful american slobs
What is it with you american people and france? Is it jealousy? Is it because they have a higher education rate then you? or because they have a much lower obesity rate then you?

French helped Americans towards the end of the revolutionary war. Therefore we owed you a favor.

We (The Allied forces) saved France's ass at World War 2 from Germany, yet from the stories I hear France treats American tourists like shit.

Jealousy? I'm not the slight bit jealous of France. Higher Education? I don't care, my American education is just as good since Connecticut has the highest marks in the US. Lower obesity? That's stupid. Would I care if I get fat? fuck we're all gonna die, I'd rather die happy with my soda and 99 cent Double Cheese burgers from Wendys, thank you.

Do you even care that the statue of Liberty was given to you by the french?

I know it was given to us by France as a gift. As a gift your not supposed to rub it in their faces all the time, cause that's childish and sort of guilts the reciever. It's like giving someone a Xbox 360 for christmas then when they treat you differently you reply childishly "Gee, and I gave you that Xbox 360."

Grow up, just a lil bit.

BBS Signature
alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 16:06:50

At 11/7/05 03:29 PM, HAcoreRD wrote: looks like fun. can i come?

Sure, everyone can join. As lons as you meet your quota of 2 burned cars/night.

At 11/7/05 03:31 PM, subpar wrote: So they're just going around burning cars?

Well, not only burning cars. They burn a lot of other stuff too: buses, warehouses, bikes, road signs, phone booths, abandonned places, they throw molotov cocktails at the institutions that represent the government (post offices, police offices...), and it burns a lot of the environing stuff. Everything that can be destroyed, is being destroyed as we speak, since it's 10 PM here in France and the nightly riots must have started already.
They're also confronting the order forces (that's how we call the police lol). They are directly attacking them with stones, and all sorts of hand-made weapons. It's getting uglier since they started using guns and shooting at police cars and stuff.
Thank god it's not like in the USA yet. I know that over there it's all about shootings and drive-bys and all that stuff. Or maybe have I seen way too many movies.

PS: I don't have anything against the USA. Not a single thing.

I play lottery. I always lose.
LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature
F-8-L-E-T
F-8-L-E-T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 16:21:50

At 11/7/05 04:06 PM, alexsmolik wrote:

Not even when those retards say dat france is shit ?

but i agree with u.. why flamin some dumbass dumb ass when he thinks that watching tv all day is the bomb...

I dun ahte Americans, i only get annoyd by them , but luckely the most r just good human beings..

But it seems that the nerd and mongloid American r one of the biggest groups here on NG

alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-07 17:18:27

At 11/7/05 04:21 PM, F-8-L-E-T wrote: Not even when those retards say dat france is shit ?

I wouldn't lower myself to the level where these people are. So I just ignore them.
I really do not mind what other people think, I accept criticism.
I'm not french per se, I'm half brazilian so I never directly feel touched or concerned when someone says something very general about the french. It's always fun though to read all sorts of stuff people come up with. Really. Some of it may sometimes be true, but it is also for some americans!

but i agree with u.. why flamin some dumbass dumb ass when he thinks that watching tv all day is the bomb...

I thought this picture was pretty ... "fun".
They made like a car barrier ! :]

France riots

BBS Signature
alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 18:10:28

More news. A total of 6060 cars burned.
The government ordered a "fire cover" (word?).
Basically, you're not allowed to go out at night if you're a minor, in some places. If it keeps getting uglier, it will obviously spread through the whole country, and with more measures. More pictures time.

France riots

BBS Signature
wesdood
wesdood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 18:25:54

At 11/6/05 01:42 PM, alexsmolik wrote:
At 11/6/05 01:41 PM, RemRulzz wrote: some of you really have stupid idea
Well, it wasn't me who decided to do THAT =>

that pic actually looks kinda cool

Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 18:32:17

this is a pretty sick post, but you should seriously film it. i know it sounds a bit weird but it would be crazy to look back on when your older.

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
Jordanog
Jordanog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 22:40:40

they need to bring out their damn army or at least ask us to help out instead of being so stuck up.

Sig

Hinotori
Hinotori
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 23:10:48

At 11/7/05 04:06 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Thank god it's not like in the USA yet. I know that over there it's all about shootings and drive-bys and all that stuff. Or maybe have I seen way too many movies.

No, riots in the US are pretty much the same as anywhere else. First, fires and stones, and if it gets REALLY bad, then maybe guns. I really hope you make it through this alright. Stay safe.

It's nice to finally hear someone outside the US say that. Despite my jokes about France, I really have nothing against the people. I'll pray for your country.

BBS Signature
Dual-Glock
Dual-Glock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-08 23:38:14

Well they couldn't kick the nazi's out, without help. I don't know how they will cope with there own citizens going bananas.

It's weird, they avioded terrorism by not going to war, yet they still get pwned? They seem pretty weak...

Prove me wrong france!

alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 01:37:24

At 11/8/05 06:32 PM, -Mogly- wrote: this is a pretty sick post, but you should seriously film it. i know it sounds a bit weird but it would be crazy to look back on when your older.

Well... I would, but that meant at least two things:
- I would have to buy myself a video camera (yup, I don't have one...).
- I would have to go out at night, and it's starting to get freezing. And I'd probably get my ass kicked or I'd be evacuated by the police. Since I don't live next to where the things are really happening, I'm considered like a total stranger there, therefore like a menace. I could get seriously injured if I were to be alone there.
Nice idea though. :]

At 11/8/05 11:10 PM, Hinotori wrote: No, riots in the US are pretty much the same as anywhere else. First, fires and stones, and if it gets REALLY bad, then maybe guns. I really hope you make it through this alright. Stay safe.

Oh... that I didn't know. Well. It actually seems kind of logic though. You firstly start with light stuff and it usually evolves to "hard" stuff. Maybe it's because of this violent vision I have of the USA with all the shootings and the weapons being legal. I guess there are shootings everywhere, but it is more mediatised in the USA though. I mean, no one talks about the shootings in Brazil's favelas...

It's nice to finally hear someone outside the US say that. Despite my jokes about France, I really have nothing against the people. I'll pray for your country.

Well yeah... I mean I love the USA, it's a beautiful country with a great history. I love the "american dream" even though it's an illusion. I love the american way of life, I'm not anti-american, since everything you guys do, I adopt it. McDonald's, Hollywood... and I like it. It's just that sometimes, and sadly enough, the average american is, what the rest of the would also think, simply "american". :]
Thanks for the prayers, it is getting calmer.
Less cars are being burned night by night.

At 11/8/05 11:38 PM, Dual_Glock wrote: It's weird, they avioded terrorism by not going to war, yet they still get pwned? They seem pretty weak...

See what I was talking about Hinotori ? =)
Even though he's not american but australian.
I wonder how riots in Australia would be. Dual_Glock, you can't prevent riots. It happens everywhere. It has nothing to do with terrorism or war. When the people want to riot and take the matter in the streets, there is nothing you can do to avoid that, believe me.

BBS Signature
TheFaces
TheFaces
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 01:59:11

At 11/6/05 12:54 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Well ... There is already a topic about it in the "Politics" Forum. But hey. I guess you guys don't go there really much... right ?

Nope, so thanks for the info.
But anyways I find it funny that a country where 300 people died when the temperature got up to 90 degrees farenheight would have a riot.

Pimp
Pimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 03:17:02

At 11/7/05 01:58 PM, F-8-L-E-T wrote:
It would be kinda fun if that would happen here, cuz We (immigrants) regain even more power on the streets...

Stupid little shit. With such a gleeful attitude towards violence, it's no wonder you are discriminated against. Your sorry ass should be deported from Holland to whatever shithole you came from.

Bunzi
Bunzi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 03:22:55

dude riots are perfect to get yourself a T.V

Also did you know those two kids were electricuted, i mean they were stupid enought to hide in a POWER PLANT. fucking retards.

three words:
Smash and grab, dude, Smash and grab...

Pimp
Pimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 03:31:24

At 11/8/05 11:10 PM, Hinotori wrote:

No, riots in the US are pretty much the same as anywhere else. First, fires and stones, and if it gets REALLY bad, then maybe guns. I really hope you make it through this alright. Stay safe.

The difference is definitely guns. They are banned in France, but we have the second amendment protecting the right to bear arms. Sure, a few here in the U.S. use them for violence, but the majority do not. In times of riots like the hurricane Katrina aftermath in New Orleans, firearms are all civilians have to protect their families and property when government fails and law enforcement disappears. French citizens have no such luxury in their current predicament and will remain absolutely helpless until the rioting subsides.

France riots

oudssdkj
oudssdkj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 03:31:26

its france, soon they will give up. they never finish something they start.

alexsmolik
alexsmolik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 14:34:21

At 11/9/05 01:59 AM, -TheFaces- wrote: But anyways I find it funny that a country where 300 people died when the temperature got up to 90 degrees farenheight would have a riot.

Well... that's because we have a LOT of old people here in France. It's all because of the demographic transition being over or something. More people are dying than being born, so there are more old people or something. Something like that.
You know how old people are fragile and stuff.

At 11/9/05 03:22 AM, Bunzi wrote: Also did you know those two kids were electricuted, i mean they were stupid enought to hide in a POWER PLANT. fucking retards.

Well they apparently didn't knew. Which is weird because usually, these kids know about just everything in their neighborhood. And you know, over there, they don't go to school much. They drop out of it very early, or they just plainly don't care. And if you go to school, you can't listen because there's trouble makers in every class. So I guess these kids wouldn't know the danger of hiding in a power plant.

At 11/9/05 03:31 AM, Pimp wrote: The difference is definitely guns. They are banned in France, but we have the second amendment protecting the right to bear arms. Sure, a few here in the U.S. use them for violence, but the majority do not. In times of riots like the hurricane Katrina aftermath in New Orleans, firearms are all civilians have to protect their families and property when government fails and law enforcement disappears. French citizens have no such luxury in their current predicament and will remain absolutely helpless until the rioting subsides.

True.
That being said, nowadays, there really aren't so many reasons to have guns, you've got to admit it. It's not as if it was the Far West anymore. It's wild, but not as wild. You almost can't be in a situation where government fails and law enforcement disappears nowadays. At least, from my point of view. And I think weapons are much more used for violence than in the precise situation you depicted: protect their families and property.

BBS Signature
HAcoreRD
HAcoreRD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 14:39:21

At 11/9/05 03:22 AM, Bunzi wrote: dude riots are perfect to get yourself a T.V

Also did you know those two kids were electricuted, i mean they were stupid enought to hide in a POWER PLANT. fucking retards.

supposibly cause police were chasing them. This is silly, if your dumb enough to hide in a power plant or whatever, it was their dumbass fault.

BBS Signature
Zen444
Zen444
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 14:39:43

There's nothing wrong with France. There's something wrong with Quebec, but definetly not with France.

Xaneda
Xaneda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 14:40:31

its time to...FIRE ZE MISSILES

Pimp
Pimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-09 15:56:31

At 11/9/05 02:34 PM, alexsmolik wrote: That being said, nowadays, there really aren't so many reasons to have guns, you've got to admit it. It's not as if it was the Far West anymore. It's wild, but not as wild. You almost can't be in a situation where government fails and law enforcement disappears nowadays. At least, from my point of view. And I think weapons are much more used for violence than in the precise situation you depicted: protect their families and property.

How naive; you are in the situation where government and law enforcement fails at this very moment.

Since you live in France and have been denied the right of self-protection, and only understand firearms in terms of Hollywood and what the press/government feeds you, it is clear you are not capable of understanding the use of firearms in society. It is not your fault. The protection issue is just one of many, but probably the most valid. While riots and natural disasters are relatively rare, such as your current rioting in France, the New Orleans riots from a few months ago, the Los Angeles riots from 1992, etc., there is still the ever-present danger of home invasion, robbery, assault and battery, etc., posed by the thugs and criminals who exist in all societies. By allowing the law-abiding population to be armed, it means they can refuse to be a victim. It also lets the criminals know that anyone they attack might possibly be armed. This has helped reduce violent crime in the United States significantly over the last 30 years compared to many other industrialized nations in Europe where guns have been outlawed over the past two decades. Violent crime in England, in particular, has exploded since guns were taken away from the law-abiding citizens. It is now a free-for-all for the criminals because they know that they can get away with crimes without being in any sort of danger. Even the police there rarely are armed.

But protection is only one reason for the ownership of firearms. There is a plethora of other valid reasons that are all illegal in your country because your government does not trust you. Your government also wants to ensure you can never challenge their authority or actions. In the United States there is a large part of the population that hunts for sport. Hunting is something I personally would never do, but I do admire the environmental record of hunters because of their drive toward wilderness and game protection and so forth.

While you are correct in that the "Wild West" has been tamed, we do have the explosive border on the south with Mexico were violent street gangs and drug cartels are having turf wars spill into American neighborhoods. I live seven miles from the border; I know what is going on. Related to the "Wild West" are the people who enjoy reenacting the period, what is referred to as Cowboy Shooting. They go to competitions and what not dressed in period attire, and carry modern replicas of the guns used in the 1860's though 1890's or even the real thing. Cowboy shooting is a large hobby of gun enthusiasts out here in California where I am.

In America we like to have a military that wins, and San Diego is a major military town. Many Marine and Navy personnel have large gun collections because they need to keep up their shooting skills. This also applies to law enforcement officers. Yet, lets not forget another common reason for gun ownership: the simple act of target shooting at a gun range. Target shooting is a lot of fun whether you are practicing by yourself or competing with friends.

Now there are still many more reasons for owning a gun. I personally own 34. Now you are wondering in your little biased mind "what would someone ever need that many guns for?" The answer is that I collect military antique firearms as a part of a larger military memorabilia collection because I have a passion for history. Too many people ignore the lessons of the past, but I feel history provides guidance to what will happen in the future. Gun collecting is big. Antique military guns is one segment, as are just regular antiques, or someone might specialize in Winchesters or another specific brand, old West guns, shotguns, derringers, you know it. The hobbies and uses of gun ownership are as varied as the people that make up this great nation. The vast overwhelming majority of all gun owners strictly follow the law. Over half of all American households possess at least one firearm. If you really do think they are only used for violence, then now you know the magnitude of your misjudgment.

I doubt I will have altered your brainwashed state of mind, but I at least wanted to address the issue with my proud American point of view. Please do understand that every society is not like yours (which is not necessarily a bad thing), and that you really should not trust Hollywood. Entertainment is not education.

Pimp out.

<deleted>
Response to France riots 2005-11-13 15:14:56

At 11/8/05 06:10 PM, alexsmolik wrote: More news. A total of 6060 cars burned.
The government ordered a "fire cover" (word?).
Basically, you're not allowed to go out at night if you're a minor, in some places. If it keeps getting uglier, it will obviously spread through the whole country, and with more measures. More pictures time.

You realy love violence right?

DeadHeadRadio
DeadHeadRadio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2005-11-13 15:19:39

Actually i do go to the politics page. And that does remind me of the L.A. Riots.

MiddleFingerRings
MiddleFingerRings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to France riots 2007-09-27 21:06:41

At 11/9/05 03:17 AM, Pimp wrote:
At 11/7/05 01:58 PM, F-8-L-E-T wrote:
It would be kinda fun if that would happen here, cuz We (immigrants) regain even more power on the streets...
Stupid little shit. With such a gleeful attitude towards violence, it's no wonder you are discriminated against. Your sorry ass should be deported from Holland to whatever shithole you came from.

Hey, fuck you, I'm Dutch. Don't compare me to this twat. Hmm, maybe I'm actually Australian now...

BBS Signature
SassyCatMan
SassyCatMan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to France riots 2009-10-30 03:33:42

At 11/9/05 03:31 AM, Pimp wrote:

Leme guess your the fat one?

§å§§Y çÄt MâN

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Reader
Response to France riots 2009-10-30 04:07:18

I must admit, a lot of countries in Europe still have a lot of old "ghetto" looking houses left from years ago, I have no clue why..

I feel bad for you French though, when will humans learn