00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Kingbastard Album

7,808 Views | 74 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 14:22:32

Good luck to him, it's good to see Newgrounds talent getting noticed.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 14:28:25

At 11/6/05 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Unfortunately the record deal required that he remove his audio submissions from the Audio Portal

i don't know what his music sounds like, therefore i won't buy his album.

How stupid of them....

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 14:54:41

At 11/6/05 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Some exciting news - one of our very own Audio Portal contributors has been signed and published!

Good for him

Unfortunately the record deal required that he remove his audio submissions from the Audio Portal (bummer), but you can now own them on CD, available at CCT Records!

Bad for us :(

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 15:28:43

Wow...

Thats really good, more success with veiwing time from newgrounds, just more reasons why newgrounds is always a great place...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 16:19:40

At 11/6/05 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Some exciting news - one of our very own Audio Portal contributors has been signed and published! Kingbastard announced the news on the forums this week.

Unfortunately the record deal required that he remove his audio submissions from the Audio Portal (bummer), but you can now own them on CD, available at CCT Records!

Thats fucking awesome! I love king bastard, I used his song "Fuck you WOO!" In my Madness Tribute movie about a year ago.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 17:01:24

At 11/6/05 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Unfortunately the record deal required that he remove his audio submissions from the Audio Portal (bummer), but you can now own them on CD, available at CCT Records!

Well I guess that the people who already downloaded them must be happy. Too bad I never heard any of his music.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 17:30:47

To answer some of your questions, he does "Intelligent Dance Music ", bleep/glitch work, like Aphex Twin, or Squarepusher, or any other IDM artist.

He's been doing music for about six years, and won a ninja tune contest with one of his more ambient pieces.

If you want to know more about the best of each genre in the audio portal, go to the seventh page of the Best NG Audio Artist thread.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 18:26:44

At 11/6/05 03:28 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Wow...

Thats really good, more success with veiwing time from newgrounds, just more reasons why newgrounds is always a great place...

~X~

Yeah. Let's see Runescape try to tell any success stories because of their website.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 19:03:50

Well that is cool that he has that he got such a great opportunity.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-06 20:06:54

mabye this will get some recognition for the audio portal,
would of been better if he didnt have to remove them.
good to see NG artists of all sorts are doing so well.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 00:36:00

Wow, that is so great for him! He does deserve it, and I'll buy his Cds as early as I can. I hope he goes big.

HEY MY NAME IS FRAGMENT, AND I GO TO THE POTTY ALLL BY MYSEEEELFFF

Don't talk back.<3

sig by Marsupial, copyright 2008 all rights reserved

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 00:54:27

At 11/6/05 11:08 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Yay, that sounds very cool. Nice update Tom. Too bad about the audio having to off the audio portal, but this is still good.

What he said. Now I should have a listen.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 01:00:50

congratulations kingbastard u earned it your work is excellent!keep it up

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 01:03:03

Awsome!!!
are there any mods who look at this stuff?

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 01:41:29

can't you have Kingbastard talk to his label and tell them that he will pay for the rights for NG to use it.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 01:53:38

At 11/6/05 11:05 AM, TomFulp wrote: Some exciting news - one of our very own Audio Portal contributors has been signed and published! Kingbastard announced the news on the forums this week.

Wow that's pretty sweet. Congrats to him.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 02:45:27

Hello everyone. First off, thanks to Tom to putting the news on the Frontpage, nice one!
Secondly, thanks to all the people who replied to the threads and listened to my music.
I will hopefully be putting a few select trx back onto newgrounds soon, some old and some new (the new ones will not be the finished article).

thanks again

if u wanna hear a few of my tunes (albiet a bit lo-fi) goto......
http://www.myspace.com/kingbastard

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 04:14:31

At 11/6/05 06:26 PM, KupaMan wrote: Yeah. Let's see Runescape try to tell any success stories because of their website.

They'd probably sell the fact that they have over 100,000 members...or maybe they'd sell their old games.

Anyway,congratz King.I wish I'd listened to your music before :'(

wat

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 05:17:18

Cool! More and more people are getting published and so on thanks to Newgrounds. =)

Unfortunately the record deal required that he remove his audio submissions from the Audio Portal (bummer).

Damn, I guess alot of people will download his music before it's too late now. =P

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 10:05:49

First of, congrats to Kingbastard for getting the record deal and all that!!! Ya really deserve it man!!!
Second, good on ya Tom, for making a newstpoic bout this! I`m sure this will encourage other Audio frequenters to keep on making and submitting music to the Audio Portal!

Wakka wakka

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 10:29:09

At 11/7/05 10:05 AM, Rucklo wrote: Second, good on ya Tom, for making a newstpoic bout this! I`m sure this will encourage other Audio frequenters to keep on making and submitting music to the Audio Portal!

Yeah, it's a very good thing to do to both promote and congratulate Newgrounds members who have done something great! =]

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 10:55:44

was reading some responses, mainly the ones from the frontpage post, that brought up the fact that lots of people haven't heard my tunes before. Now, unfortunately I can't post the trx from my album, but I can post other stuff. Please understand that because the upload limit on this site is 4Mb, the trk is not as high a sound quality as I would like, however, it's a piece of 8-bit, lo-fi, electro, IDM, so quality is not that important:) This trk by no means represents the music I make as a whole, but I thought it's only fair to put something back onto Newgrounds to say thanks for all the support I've been given.
Hope you like it, it's one for al the old gamers out there:)

Mr.Randall Squarepeg
Take it easy
KB

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 11:07:42

At 11/7/05 10:55 AM, Kingbastard wrote: Mr.Randall Squarepeg

Wow, I don't usually like electro but that's extremly good.. I might check this album out, where abouts in the UK do you live by the way?

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 11:27:45

At 11/7/05 11:07 AM, -liam- wrote:
At 11/7/05 10:55 AM, Kingbastard wrote: Mr.Randall Squarepeg
Wow, I don't usually like electro but that's extremly good.. I might check this album out, where abouts in the UK do you live by the way?

I used to live in Leeds:) was there for 6 years, now I live down south in a shitty little town called Basingstoke

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 11:50:29

At 11/7/05 11:27 AM, Kingbastard wrote: I used to live in Leeds:) was there for 6 years, now I live down south in a shitty little town called Basingstoke

Cool, where abouts did you live?

Move back to Leeds, you can sleep on my sofa if you give me a copy of your album :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 17:03:37

No Gorebastard album out soon, no?

Sigs are for losers

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 19:10:39

Well, at least I have 3 of his songs before the yoinking.

The Day I Lost My Face, King of Bastards, and JeopardyBastard.

Not exactly my favorite on the AP, but not bad. Still cool he got a record deal. Perhaps I'll steal it sometime ;)

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 19:12:28

At 11/7/05 07:10 PM, Seizure_Dog wrote: Well, at least I have 3 of his songs before the yoinking.

The Day I Lost My Face, King of Bastards, and JeopardyBastard.

Not exactly my favorite on the AP, but not bad. Still cool he got a record deal. Perhaps I'll steal it sometime ;)

man, those trx suck, they are possibly the worst things i've ever made.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-07 19:36:11

At 11/7/05 07:12 PM, Kingbastard wrote: man, those trx suck, they are possibly the worst things i've ever made.

I like The Day I Lost My Face, but yeah, the rest kinda suck :P

I remember I downloaded them because one of them had been on the top 5 for the week. Guess I just had bad guess/picking skills that day.

Anyways, got a good song I could give a listen to?...Without paying :P I'm a cheap bastard.

Response to Kingbastard Album 2005-11-08 02:31:40

Unless there was a substantial amount of money involved, I would not sell Newgrounds out for a record deal. That's just wrong.