00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Top 100 Responses List

125,502 Views | 1,332 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-02-25 00:22:39

At 2/24/13 07:27 AM, Coop wrote: You could have given me a shout over this and I could have given you the files...

Yeah, that probably would have helped. I just got the idea in my head and started fiddling around with it, just to kill some time. I'm the kind of weird person who enjoys updating a list he's not even on, anyway, so it was no big deal. ;)

006. 1288 || +033 || 61.10% || Coop (-1)
Aaw, nuts. I'm going to have to start writing reviews again, aren't I?

Yes. This is the most boring list imaginable; please help make it more interesting!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-02-26 03:40:04

At 2/18/13 12:30 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: This list is very slow-moving, so probably once every three months or so will suffice. I just might revive the top audio responses list, too, or just combine everything like Auz did for the reviewers list. We'll see.

I really would like to help you out here, by giving you the latest list for audio responses. I tracked about 150 to 200 users on that list. But I don't have the files anymore. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-13 05:26:14

@Dev wonder when the next update will be? Almost looks like this migt turn into a yearly thing. :P

Also wonder which reviews this list tracks the responses of? Only Flash so far? Would be neat if it could go by the review total for all types, I know my response count would be more than double...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-20 10:43:38

At 10/13/13 05:26 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: @Dev wonder when the next update will be? Almost looks like this migt turn into a yearly thing. :P

I took this list on before my BP/Hexalist duties began, so needless to say things have changed since then. :(

Also wonder which reviews this list tracks the responses of? Only Flash so far? Would be neat if it could go by the review total for all types, I know my response count would be more than double...

The update I posted was just for flash responses. I agree that if this list were to continue, it should include responses from all reviews, that way it would be on par with the new top reviewers list format.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-20 11:45:50

At 10/20/13 10:43 AM, Dev wrote: I took this list on before my BP/Hexalist duties began, so needless to say things have changed since then. :(

Yeah, no doubt for the busier! Any idea if there will be future updates though? Even if it is just a yearly thing it'd be good to know when that update'll take place, something to anticipate!

The update I posted was just for flash responses. I agree that if this list were to continue, it should include responses from all reviews, that way it would be on par with the new top reviewers list format.

Cool, hope it's not too difficult a change to implement!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-20 18:04:47

At 10/20/13 11:45 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Yeah, no doubt for the busier! Any idea if there will be future updates though? Even if it is just a yearly thing it'd be good to know when that update'll take place, something to anticipate!

I would need to put together a spreadsheet for total responses, which I honestly don't have the time to do at this point. Hell, I didn't even make a spreadsheet for that 1 update I did post; it was just done hastily in notepad. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-21 03:18:23

At 10/20/13 06:04 PM, Dev wrote: I would need to put together a spreadsheet for total responses, which I honestly don't have the time to do at this point. Hell, I didn't even make a spreadsheet for that 1 update I did post; it was just done hastily in notepad. :P

Ah, and I was thinking there was some form of automation behind these updates nowadays! That sounds like more work than I'd anticipated...

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2013-10-21 09:39:45

At 10/21/13 03:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Ah, and I was thinking there was some form of automation behind these updates nowadays! That sounds like more work than I'd anticipated...

There is, I just went about it the hard way then as my knowledge of spreadsheets and using the stat pulling program were pretty much nonexistent at the time. :P Right now I just don't have the time or desire to take on a 3rd list.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2019-02-03 20:03:59

At 10/16/11 06:32 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Can anyone here provide me a list of authors who are likely to respond to reviews? Thanks!

Writing reviews only to authors who respond is pretty lame. If you want to get Responses, write them to stuff in Judgment- the author is usually sitting, waiting to Pass Judgment and sees all their reviews with nothing to do but reply. If you want to be REALLY helpful, write constructive reviews to everyone who puts in a bit of effort, even those who are likely to be blammed. I have lost hundreds of review replies that way - but THOSE are the people who MOST need your reviews and doing so will separate you from sad stat-whores with no life.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2019-02-03 20:18:46

At 2/16/13 08:38 PM, Dev wrote: Dead lists make me sad.

Enjoy this slightly boring list; it took me quite some time to get this initial update together...

How is this stat measured? Does the system hold this data or do you need to search it out somehow?

I always thought it was funny, once I discovered it, that I was on this list for years and didn't even know it existed. To me I felt I ought to explain why I give things the votes I do when they are in Judgment and I give a low score, so a lot of people reply. I never cared that a lot of my reviews were blammed with the sub - does it make a difference to me now? TBH, maybe, but if the author seems to put in an effort, then I want to help them - to do for others as was done for me.

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2019-02-04 02:21:29

I was good at making people mad and angrily responding to my reviews. Goodbye Responses list

unban russianspy22

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2019-02-14 01:51:08

At 2/3/19 08:03 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:
At 10/16/11 06:32 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Can anyone here provide me a list of authors who are likely to respond to reviews? Thanks!

That would be difficult to obtain.

Writing reviews only to authors who respond is pretty lame. If you want to get Responses, write them to stuff in Judgment- the author is usually sitting, waiting to Pass Judgment and sees all their reviews with nothing to do but reply. If you want to be REALLY helpful, write constructive reviews to everyone who puts in a bit of effort, even those who are likely to be blammed.

That is really good advice. If people do not response, there is no much that you can do about it. You just have to keep going and doing your own thing.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Responses List 2019-02-15 08:18:33

This list has risen from the dead again hmm... maybe someone might be interested in bringing it back to life? @DoctorStrongbad ?

BBS Signature