00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

negativeflash.com launched

2,866 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:33:01

Hello friends and bitter ban-fodder,

I've finally found the time and motivation to launch a site of my own before my hard drive had the chance to crash and wipe it out again. As I said in the initial news posting, I don't hope to build a community, but rather use it as a personal site.

A couple of things I'd like to address include:
-This thread, itself. No, it is not against the rules to publicize your site. If you read them well, you'll see that it says "repeatedly", and this is the first time I've ever launched a site, much less publicized it.
-I know the image gallery is buggy, but as such a small part of my site, I'm putting off those renovations so that I can get back to the projects I've been neglecting. (Read about them in the Upcoming section)

Well alright, comments and crits are welcome. Any visitors will have my appreciation, and I will be updating whenever I can.

YAY!

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:36:34

READ THE RULES NOOB
DONOTNTO ADVERTIZE YOUR WEBSITE

jk

sweet neg ill check it out.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:38:09

thats really cool man -- very smooth menu system, the pictures didnt seem at all buggy

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:41:51

1.make a quality select button. on shitty pc's like mine, it runs slow at bits.
2.i like the navigation, but make the text for the links appear quicker.
3. also i know you have the menu bar at the bottom, but you should put it on the left so its more user friendly (on most sites the page links are on the left).

i like the little deathstar wannabe thing too :D

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:42:11

At 10/12/05 01:38 PM, MephistonX wrote: thats really cool man -- very smooth menu system, the pictures didnt seem at all buggy

Cool. The problems seem to be browser-related. Thanks for your comments, and Mogly's interest as well.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:43:54

At 10/12/05 01:41 PM, -Mogly- wrote: 1.make a quality select button. on shitty pc's like mine, it runs slow at bits.

Yeah, good call. I was thinking about that all through production but just kept putting it off despite how utterly simple it is.

i like the little deathstar wannabe thing too :D

It wants nothing to do with the death star >_____<

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:45:26

I have to agree, the pictures aren't buggy at all. I really like the cool glow effects, green glow and black looks really nice. Anyway, yeah, nice work on this, very amusing site.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:46:43

its cool but um, what is it about? is it basically for ur flashs and stuff or is there more to it? it looks interesting tho, needs more content

Gamertag: Medieval Turkey.

I also make signatures - PM what you want, and I'll make it.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:46:46

nice work :) I'm glad to see it is done

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:47:25

8/10

Good:

- Neat layout.
- I like all the neat effects.
- It's not on freewebs or stuff like that.
- The games are good.

Not good:

- Not much to do except play couple of games and movies.
- Could you add some sound?

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 13:47:51

nice site

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 14:03:32

At 10/12/05 01:46 PM, ikillforfun wrote: its cool but um, what is it about? is it basically for ur flashs and stuff or is there more to it? it looks interesting tho, needs more content

Well, yeah. It's just a personal site. It's not something that's meant to be visited every day or to build a community, like Newgrounds. It's just someplace people can go now and then to check out what I've been working on, what I've already released, and so on. Just kinda like a portfolio.

- Could you add some sound?

I've been thinking about that one too. I want sound, but the ones I want would be so hard to find. afro-ninja suggests I make my own using microphone and filters. I'll look into that.

more content

I'm working on it, heh. I go a route that a lot of Flash game developers seem to avoid, which is large projects.

Thanks to everyone else who left comments.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 14:12:10

It's a beautiful site, really sweet layout and awesome graphics and effects, smooth transitions.

Not much bounce back, keeping people coming, but if it's a personal site it's not t hat bigger deal.

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 14:45:04

just wondering, who is the other member who refered you to mo? you made me curious, was it AB? you need to be nastier towerds mo anyhow :-P

on my suggestion box, maybe a single forum about the site? that would be pretty useful, and maybe some ADs on the bottom, also, what about giving the main page a nice background and positioning the flash in the middle of the screen's width and height instead of a popup

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 15:28:10

Very nice. Slick and polished, easy to navigate, well-integrated. Good showcase.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 15:58:04

yay negative gots a new site

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 16:14:11

Awesome Neg, I'd been wondering for a while if you were ever going to get a site up. I like how its a panel window, makes for easy navigation. Your new games are sounding impressive too.

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 17:28:16

At 10/12/05 02:45 PM, Inglor wrote: just wondering, who is the other member who refered you to mo? you made me curious, was it AB?

Actually not in this case. It was AngryAxl.

you need to be nastier towerds mo anyhow :-P

Trust me, I wanted to. But I've had enough legal threats from him for one lifetime. I just want never to speak to him again, even if it means feigning pleasantries.

on my suggestion box, maybe a single forum about the site?

Hmm. Maybe one would be alright. I just didn't wanna give the impression that I'm trying to imitate those community based sites or something.

some ADs on the bottom,

Eh. Convenience for myself and the viewers > $50 or whatever

what about giving the main page a nice background and positioning the flash in the middle of the screen's width and height instead of a popup

I don't know. As much as I hate new windows popping up, I like the format of the site as is. I'm going to change the Upcoming section so that the screenshots open in the same window rather than the new one. The larger pictures will always open in a new window in the gallery though. I lurve my little micro sites.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 18:30:04

Hey Negative, I'm not sure its just my computer, but Vanguard Mercenaries isn't working right, in the actual game all the collision (guns and impact with stuff) isn't happening. I just kind go right through the enemys. I came back to NG to test it out here, and it worked right, so I'm just bringing it to your attention, like I said it may just be me, I'm not sure.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 18:41:54

Oh yeah forgot to say, besides that awesome site, hope it really expands.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 20:13:09

Cool site and all, but this shouldn't be here. This forum is for discussing flash techniques and stuff. Next time post topics like this on the General forum instead, it's more fit for this kind of thing.

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 20:15:05

At 10/12/05 08:13 PM, CallMeRye wrote: Cool site and all, but this shouldn't be here. This forum is for discussing flash techniques and stuff. Next time post topics like this on the General forum instead, it's more fit for this kind of thing.

You know Negative is a mod right? I'm sure he knows where to put what.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 22:01:51

At 10/12/05 06:30 PM, TheBlackGhost wrote: Hey Negative, I'm not sure its just my computer, but Vanguard Mercenaries isn't working right, in the actual game all the collision (guns and impact with stuff) isn't happening. I just kind go right through the enemys. I came back to NG to test it out here, and it worked right, so I'm just bringing it to your attention, like I said it may just be me, I'm not sure.

Huhn! That's a weird one, thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to figure it out when I get home.

So you finally shoved it under the public's nose eh?

Well I figured I'd wait until it was done before I made it public :P

Cool site and all, but this shouldn't be here. This forum is for discussing flash techniques and stuff. Next time post topics like this on the General forum instead, it's more fit for this kind of thing.

Hahaha. Welcome to Newgrounds. Good start, man.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 22:18:24

Great site. A single forum might be nice, but that is not needed and completely up to you.

Love the style it is all easy to read and not hard on the eyes at all, like alot of nooby sites are. menua are great, easy to navigate as well. And also if you ever needed help with backgrounds at all, i could help out, having done backgrounds for Gliel Gamer (game which never flew due to no character animator) and Deathcon7. Long shot, but i dont have any of my own projects so.

Good job with the site.

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 22:26:48

At 10/12/05 08:15 PM, TheBlackGhost wrote:

Even so, this topic still doesn't fit here. Lol man, being a mod doesn't make everything you do instantly right.

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 22:29:33

At 10/12/05 10:26 PM, CallMeRye wrote:
At 10/12/05 08:15 PM, TheBlackGhost wrote:
Even so, this topic still doesn't fit here. Lol man, being a mod doesn't make everything you do instantly right.

You realize it's a flash site, right?

I could understand your point if we locked similar topics, but we don't. We let people post topics about flash sites and projects as long as it's deserving

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 22:42:44

WTF that's the wackiest yet coolest flash portfolio i've seen...Besides http://www.petrifiedproductions.net/ this one of course :P

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 23:01:17

/orgasm

Nice site, though the little pop up window that is your site could turn to be an annoying thing, BIGGER IS BETTER (sometimes).

TALKING IN CAPS MAKES ME FEEL BIG.

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-12 23:23:03

Way to go man. Very nice website. Good job!

Response to negativeflash.com launched 2005-10-13 00:44:25

At 10/12/05 10:29 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote:
You realize it's a flash site, right?

I could understand your point if we locked similar topics, but we don't. We let people post topics about flash sites and projects as long as it's deserving

Fair enough, I will remember that so that when I have a site or project I want to advertise I know where to come. I was under the assumption that this board was just for learning and teaching. Stupidity comes with inexperience though, or something poetic like that. Thanks for the info, and sorry for the misunderstanding.