00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Monthly Winners

17,868 Views | 151 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 23:52:07

Well, congrats to "Lord of the Clocks" for being #1. I'm not really a Clock fan, but that has to have some of the best production value of any movie ever seen on Newgrounds!

And congrats to ramagi for doing nothing to earn his prize. Oh, well. It's good payment for good moderation, I guess.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 04:50:40

At 9/8/05 01:38 AM, TITROTU wrote:
At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: 15. Foamy: Hurricane Special
At 9/7/05 07:40 PM, jetninjin wrote: ok, what the fuck?
What did you expect? IWP is the second most bookmarked user. Hell, I would've voted for him! ^_^

you are supposed to vote on the quality of the submission not on how many blind fanboys he has.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 08:10:53

well done to everyone they got great flash movie and my fav is Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 that is top!!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 08:48:40

Congratz to all of the winners of the cash prizes and honorable mentions!!

I know i'm a day late and a buck short, but it's better late than never !@

Peace

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 09:10:10

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
People often complain when the random user of the month isn't an active member on the Newgrounds forums.

Why would they complain? The pool of potential winners is the folks who vote on
flash and deposit their experience points.

"They are an inquisitive race, always anxious to pry into other mens' lives, but never ready to correct their own." -Augustine of Hippo

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 09:16:44

what who are tom flup???????

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 11:01:39

I can't believe Busy Burger didn't make the top 5! Oh well, the other games were all good too. Congrats to all the winners!

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 12:23:09

I think Thing-Thing should of come in top five.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 14:26:46

At 9/9/05 11:01 AM, Back_Door_Baron wrote: I can't believe Busy Burger didn't make the top 5! Oh well, the other games were all good too. Congrats to all the winners!

i agree

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 15:42:15

congrats all

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 16:52:02

srry for double posting but since nobody post i just wanted to tell august was a good month for NG
that's all fokes

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 17:09:38

At 9/7/05 07:25 PM, ramagi wrote: HOLY COW BATMAN!

I check my email and I had email from TOM!

I even voted for some of the winners.

Thanks.

Years of hard work on NG and you win $100... it's the very least you deserve.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 17:56:09

There was a lot of good stuff this month...
including mine :D
My congrats go out to the winners, good job i suppose!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 18:19:37

the only cool htingthat happens monthly on newgorunds that doesn't involve bleeding vaginas

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-09 20:45:03

CONGRATS ALL WINNERS ROFLMAO

Monthly Winners

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-10 01:49:59

You know people, while you are directing all the venom to wards the Hurricane Foamy episode and blaming it on fanboys you are missing something.

Sacred Space

IWillPress unleashed a second flash for the last month. If it was REALLY all about Foamy fans why wasn't that flash shown in the top 20? I'd be willing to bet that I know why. It was probably picked because it spoke to so many people. Have you read the reviews for it? It has over 2000 ('The Little Girl' is the only flash in the top 20 that comes close at 1600+. Still far short and it has been out for a much longer amount of time then Hurricane, relatively speaking) of them and even a cursory glance of 2 pages worth can tell you that it invokes PASSIONATE RESPONSES! The viewers watch it and either the say this is total crap (as you all have been doing) or they say that this rant is so on the nose that it's the best thing out there with VERY little middle ground in-between.

Everyone that says this is just a Foamy fan boy thing is completely missing the point and not even TRYING to understand why it placed 15th. Get a clue and stop mindlessly insulting something and asking "how could this happen?" without bothering to think about it for a minute (unless you just want to mindlessly hate). It's NOT about the quality of the flash. It's about the hurricane and people are still raw over it.

So how about being a tad more sensitive to those that voted for Foamy, huh? They may have had family members that suffered and seeing this animation quite possibly was just the sort of thing they were saying to themselves beforehand.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-10 02:14:35

Well, congradulations to the winners, with their 250$...and their gift certicficates...and free iPod shuffle...and their-RABLE

Can't beleive it! Broken Clocks didn't win! That was an awesome flash :D But, Foamy? On the top 20? With a one frame animation? Common, thats weak. This may be my first post but seriously, thats pathetic that users voted five on it. I voted 3 on it, just because it was funny.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 01:16:25

At 9/10/05 02:14 AM, 1Party_Boy1 wrote: Well, congradulations to the winners, with their 250$...and their gift certicficates...and free iPod shuffle...and their-RABLE

Can't beleive it! Broken Clocks didn't win! That was an awesome flash :D But, Foamy? On the top 20? With a one frame animation? Common, thats weak. This may be my first post but seriously, thats pathetic that users voted five on it. I voted 3 on it, just because it was funny.

Ah, but remember that users wanted Protection points when it first came up - so they gave it a 5...

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 04:29:25

At 9/10/05 01:49 AM, TomaO2 wrote: it invokes PASSIONATE RESPONSES! The viewers watch it and either the say this is total crap (as you all have been doing) or they say that this rant is so on the nose that it's the best thing out there with VERY little middle ground in-between.

Everyone that says this is just a Foamy fan boy thing is completely missing the point and not even TRYING to understand why it placed 15th. Get a clue and stop mindlessly insulting something and asking "how could this happen?" without bothering to think about it for a minute (unless you just want to mindlessly hate). It's NOT about the quality of the flash. It's about the hurricane and people are still raw over it.

So how about being a tad more sensitive to those that voted for Foamy, huh? They may have had family members that suffered and seeing this animation quite possibly was just the sort of thing they were saying to themselves beforehand.

the thing is most people hated it. i never hear from people who like it. usually those kind of flashes draw the attention of those who don't have enough EXP or had a good enough flash that month to vote for Foamy. And his rant was ridiculous anyway. Basically he was suggesting that the news reporters stop reporting news and go help in New Orleans in place of the 40,000 ntnl guards, relief and rescue aid and volunteers. its the dumbest rant i've heard on the matter since the disaster.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 07:15:09

congrats all
good work everybody
lord of the clocks was very good
it had storylines and stuff

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 07:59:24

WOOT 4 LORD OF THE CLOCKS!!! AWESOME!

THANKS TOM!!!

Monthly Winners

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 12:27:19

FIRST POST AWESOME NEWS TOM YOU'RE SO GENEROUS AND AWESOME PLEASE BE FIRST POST

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 13:19:04

........lol

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 15:58:36

At 9/8/05 02:41 AM, Inglor wrote:
Haha, it's funny how we're paying EON and ludy and then they win the extra iPod shuffle :P (although the 250$ is probebly more appealing), still, the setuation is rather funny :) congrats ludy and EON

not only is 250 more appealing, none of the winners on NG are forced to put silly GIG logos on everything..

tho its funny how you and your goods just aren't satified with branding every flash in exsistance, you have to fag up Tom's personal contests as well..

Fuk off GOG!!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-11 18:05:31

Congratulations to StrangeClock were winning monthly number one! Seriously, I agree that the Foamy movie shouldn't be that high, it shouldn't even be in there for that matter. But what I can say is that finally a clock movie is the number one monthly pick.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-12 16:28:50

In the top 20 runners up! Not too bad...(lol last of the 20 runner ups)

Groovy month!!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-14 00:10:03

the winner is ramagi!!!

Yay ramagi! w00t!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-14 03:32:17

i guess if anyone "deserves" it, ramagi does.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-17 21:33:25

At 9/11/05 03:58 PM, Dinotron1 wrote: Fuk off GOG!!

hahahaha, good ol' dinotron, where the hell have you been all this time ;) I missed you being all emo about us trying to help people. I really did miss it :)

just for the protocol, ludy was paid around a 1000 dollars for elf girl from GoG, so the 250$ aren't that appealing compared to it :P

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-19 11:06:02

Dear Mr.Fulp I am 11 and I wonder if can get a flash maker without buying 1, can u help??

Yours faithfully
Danny Koopa