00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Monthly Winners

17,870 Views | 151 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 00:15:42

At 9/7/05 11:59 PM, rtil wrote: I'm really surprised at some of this month's winners as well as dissapointed. Even at some that are in the top 20. As for the games, I wish the raunchy ones didn't get awards and that more appropriate games took their place. Especially "Little Red Riding Ho." Just kind of makes me appreciate the NG communities' users a little less.

I voted for both of your flashes, they were quite good.

It's a shame you didnt even make the top 20.

I'm also miffed that ZekeySpaceLizard's The Morgue didn't make top 20 either... *sigh*

This certainly wasn't the WORST monthly winners we've had though. At least that.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 00:29:20

Congrats to ramagi for the money. I'm glad to see Stipbowl made it, since it was the only game I really wanted to win.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 00:47:41

congats to the winners

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:05:48

Congrats ramagi ling lawng :)

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:07:09

I cant believe that Foamy movie was even on the front page. It is so unfair that people give high scores to movies, just because they agree with the person's opinion. Why dont I just make a lame stick figure movie stating that Nazis and the KKK are bad? I guess I would get the front page.

Also, why is it okay for someone to go on a rant when they know almost nothing about the situation? Unless that guy lives in New Orleans, he needs to shut the hell up. With his logic, we should make people who have no training do very difficult jobs, and risk their own lives. In my opinion, that isnt logic at all.

Lastly, why is it important that people even make movies about current tragedies? When I come to NG, I want to have a fun time, and forget about the stresses of the real world, not be reminded of all of the depressing things that are going on.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:19:57

Congrats to all the winners and a well deserved $100 bucks for ramagi,all that hard work modding finnaly paid off for good ol ramagi. ;)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:26:35

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1. Lord of the Clocks 1-1a

yes a clock movie

2. Ambush!
3. Mutant Ninja Turtles EP03

figured it would win

15. Foamy: Hurricane Special

shouldn't have gotten one fucking vote.

2. StripBowl!

hahah prevs

5. Elf Girl Sim Date RPG

lol pervs

6. Doomrunner
7. Thing-Thing

this is great injustice

the winner is ramagi!!! Forum modertators aren't paid staff, so they are just as welcome to the prize money as anyone else.

Omfg congrats to ramagi generic questions.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:30:00

At 9/8/05 01:07 AM, EvilPuppyLilith wrote: I

I hate Neurotically Yours about as vibrantly as I possibly can, but this really isn't the thread for it, Angry McAngerpants.

It's not like he won, or anything.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:37:42

Figures, the one month I've got a ton of flashes to vote on I completely forget to vote. Well, no more procrastination on this, I'll just have to make sure that next month I do it the first time I see it like I've been doing in the past.

Also: congratulations to ramagi! Now you and Star_Cleaver can laugh at all those other fool moderators who haven't won some sort of Newgrounds related prize.

I'm absolutely tickled that the relatively improbable chances of winning one of these awards doesn't seem to apply to the moderators. Just goes to show though, they give the most here on the site, so it's only fair that they get the most out of it.

Truly well done, all the award winners this month.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:38:01

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: 15. Foamy: Hurricane Special
At 9/7/05 07:40 PM, jetninjin wrote: ok, what the fuck?

What did you expect? IWP is the second most bookmarked user. Hell, I would've voted for him! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:41:30

1. Indian Outlaw
2. StripBowl!
3. Desktops of the Future!
4. Little Red Riding Ho!
5. Elf Girl Sim Date RPG

OMG THANK YOU ALL
me = a winner

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 01:44:25

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: The votes are in and the best of August winners have been decided!

Congrats to all the winners.

People often complain when the random user of the month isn't an active member on the Newgrounds forums. There better not be any complaints this time, the winner is ramagi!!! Forum modertators aren't paid staff, so they are just as welcome to the prize money as anyone else.

WTF, I CALL A CONSPIRACY :P but seriously congrats too.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 02:20:24

Why doesn't people like the flashes i do? ;(

And congrats to ramagi, for being $100 richer.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 02:41:04

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: The TOP 5 GAMES will each receive $250, a certificate and a Newgrounds t-shirt.

As a bonus prize, the TOP 5 GAMES will also each receive a free iPod Shuffle, courtesy of Games of Gondor!

5. Elf Girl Sim Date RPG

Haha, it's funny how we're paying EON and ludy and then they win the extra iPod shuffle :P (although the 250$ is probebly more appealing), still, the setuation is rather funny :) congrats ludy and EON

The runner-up GAMES are:
7. Thing-Thing

It's nice that CMG has one there too

8. Defend Your Computer

Don't worry fellas, he is well payed

13. 3D Frogger

He'll definetly win something at the contest

15. Fresh Prince vs. The KKK

that was fun to play:)

16. Project: Monochrome

Well payed :) and he is probebly making a sequal^_^

18. Zombie Horde!!

CMG got 2, they are getting a bit bigger :)

19. Herd (Full)

Denvish did a very good job on that one, really impressed us all, and to think it's almost ALL API

People often complain when the random user of the month isn't an active member on the Newgrounds forums. There better not be any complaints this time, the winner is ramagi!!!

Poetic Justice :) having one of the most active users win is nice

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 02:49:30

At 9/8/05 12:15 AM, Okonkwo wrote:

I'm also miffed that ZekeySpaceLizard's The Morgue didn't make top 20 either... *sigh*

It's allright.
I am quite used to failing miserably at every task I undertake.
It's a loving reminder of how badly I suck at everything.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaay.

And off I go, to spread more cheer into your lives!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 03:02:33

At 9/8/05 02:49 AM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: It's allright.
I am quite used to failing miserably at every task I undertake.
It's a loving reminder of how badly I suck at everything.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaay

Don't get your hopes up next time :(
Newgrounds users don't vote based on enjoyment or even quality. In the portal, in this contest, in anything. They just vote based on how much the flash appealed to them.

So in other words, not many people will win this award by making incredibly original content. You'll just have to go the popular movie/popular video game/nude girls/Foamy flash route if you want the $250 next time :(

Oh and be sure to submit nearer to the end of the month ;)

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 04:02:25

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: There better not be any complaints this time, the winner is ramagi!!!

Well earned! Congratulations! =)

I'm afraid to tell that I was too busy to see all the submissions that was in the monthly voting this month so I didn't cast my vote. As usual. Heh. =P

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 04:13:49

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw

I'm immediately making a $50 donation to American Red Cross!

Monthly Winners

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 04:17:28

At 9/8/05 03:02 AM, Okonkwo wrote: So in other words, not many people will win this award by making incredibly original content. You'll just have to go the popular movie/popular video game/nude girls/Foamy flash route if you want the $250 next time :(

So true. This deserves a much better score, but I think originality scares people. Personally, I love it, and it's totally unique - I've never seen another game quite like it, and probably never will.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 05:51:00

At 9/8/05 04:13 AM, StrangeClock wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw

I'm immediately making a $50 donation to American Red Cross!

I admit I didn't watch the lord of the clocks till now because it was a clock movie after all, but it was suprisingly good. Congrads.
Everything else made voting my biggest waste of time so far this month.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 06:03:26

I think there were more deserving entries, but Ambush and Lord of the Clocks deserved their spots.
Ah, and still no recognition for moi :( oh wells.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 07:21:41

At 9/7/05 10:39 PM, WickerBasketOfDoom wrote:
At 9/7/05 07:49 PM, KupaMan wrote: I'm kind of sad Transition Episode 1 and Survivor: Hyrul didn't win. They both deserved more.
I agree. Transitions was pure flash gold :(

Too right. It was one of the best movies I've seen lately. Ah well... maybe next time.

And congrats to ramagi!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 07:23:28

Congrats ya┬┤ll!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 07:33:03

At 9/7/05 08:29 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 9/7/05 07:40 PM, jetninjin wrote:
At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
15. Foamy: Hurricane Special
ok, what the fuck?
Agreed. Fucking travesty.

YES. That 'movie' was fucking worthless, should never have been frontpaged.

I'm glad Lord of the Clocks won in the movie category, it was my #1 vote.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 07:33:55

YAY for the blam queen.

Serving Justice to flash since 1999

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 07:50:01

Congratulations ramagi.

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 11:35:00

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: The votes are in and the best of August winners have been decided!

The TOP 5 MOVIES will each receive $250, a certificate and a Newgrounds t-shirt:

1. Lord of the Clocks 1-1a

That was a very good flash. It deserved to be in the top 5.

The runner-up MOVIES are:
8. Metal Gear Crisis 1.2
13. Metal Gear Fiesta 2

I wish MGF2 got a higher position than MGC. :(

Congrats to all the winners this month.

There better not be any complaints this time, the winner is ramagi!!!

I won't complain Tom. Congrats ramagi!

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 11:42:09

Congrats to all the winners!!! =D

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 11:49:51

Congradulations, ramagi. Go buy a cookie or something!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Winners 2005-09-08 11:52:01

At 9/7/05 07:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: People often complain when the random user of the month isn't an active member on the Newgrounds forums.

Well, not really, seeing as both DaSadGirl and Xiivi have won, and now ramagi :)

There better not be any complaints this time, the winner is ramagi!!!

Big congrats!

The TOP 5 GAMES

2. StripBowl!
4. Little Red Riding Ho!
5. Elf Girl Sim Date RPG

Sigh...