00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Top 100 Reviewers List

439,056 Views | 4,903 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-06 17:49:32

At 12/6/17 05:34 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/6/17 05:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: What no one took over yet

Come on do it already you slow pokes im waiting to hand over the torch.

~X~
I'm working on it! XD Wish I did have the time to just spend full days blazing through submissions like in the old days. Slow and steady though, you know...

We can do this!!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-06 17:51:56

A little nostalgic tid-bit here when I was shooting for the top spot wich was the first year I joined 2002 ish the top reviewer Mi4 and likes of green vien and others were at the top with roughly 900 reviews or 1500

So with it is now 22,000 plus it just shows how things have changed since then

I pernoally will always review but im not trying to hold the #1 spot its time for a change, life keeps me pretty busy aswell.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-06 23:04:20

At 12/6/17 05:06 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: What no one took over yet
Come on do it already you slow pokes im waiting to hand over the torch.

~X~

I would love to , but I have had a few set backs. You never had to worry about that back in the day.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-06 23:36:45

At 12/6/17 11:04 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I would love to , but I have had a few set backs. You never had to worry about that back in the day.

Possbly, it was also very fresh with reviewing and was a new thing so that was a plus too.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-06 23:53:33

At 12/6/17 11:36 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/6/17 11:04 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I would love to , but I have had a few set backs. You never had to worry about that back in the day.
Possbly, it was also very fresh with reviewing and was a new thing so that was a plus too.

~X~

Things are very different today. I could tell you a few stories that you would not believe. lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-07 00:44:01

At 12/7/17 12:20 AM, Voltage wrote: I'm still blown away at the fact @xwaynecoltx still lurks the great land that is NG, this dude was like one of my first reviews over 14 years ago

yeah its bin abit and half lol,

At 12/6/17 11:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Things are very different today. I could tell you a few stories that you would not believe. lol

Do tell

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-07 01:05:31

At 12/7/17 12:20 AM, Voltage wrote: I'm still blown away at the fact @xwaynecoltx still lurks the great land that is NG, this dude was like one of my first reviews over 14 years ago

Wayne, is one of the top five. One or two depending on who you ask.

At 12/6/17 11:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Things are very different today. I could tell you a few stories that you would not believe. lol
Do tell

~X~

I would have to tell you in the comment section of my news section. It could be upsetting to some.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-07 03:43:01

At 12/6/17 05:51 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: A little nostalgic tid-bit here when I was shooting for the top spot wich was the first year I joined 2002 ish the top reviewer Mi4 and likes of green vien and others were at the top with roughly 900 reviews or 1500

So with it is now 22,000 plus it just shows how things have changed since then

I pernoally will always review but im not trying to hold the #1 spot its time for a change, life keeps me pretty busy aswell.

Looks like that's the case for all of us! :) Pretty amazing to think that the gap between the lowest link and the top spot was actually smaller back then than the gap between only the first and second today. :D Changed, they sure have!

Good to know you're still sticking around too.

At 12/6/17 05:49 PM, Wegra wrote: We can do this!!

Thanks for the motivation brother!! With combined accounts hmmmm...

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-07 12:09:42

At 12/7/17 03:43 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: stuff

yep lots of changes over the years.

At 12/7/17 01:05 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Wayne, is one of the top five. One or two depending on who you ask.

LOL

At 12/6/17 11:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I would have to tell you in the comment section of my news section. It could be upsetting to some.

oh im sure

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-07 13:46:37

At 12/7/17 07:19 AM, Quisty wrote:
Yes, it is good he keeps up the good work, but doesn't mind others reviewing over his stats. He is a pretty cool guy. I've been on the site 14 years, so I understand how that would blow you away lol.

Being one of the best, should always be respected. It was much easier when Wayne did it. It is great to see him return every now and again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-11 19:03:57

At 12/7/17 01:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Being one of the best, should always be respected. It was much easier when Wayne did it. It is great to see him return every now and again.

I don't think I'm the best but yeah not as easy as you think back then, but yes a lot easier then today, it was a different time back then different rules and guidelines back then aswell. and the content was much different back then, my honest opinion is that stuff back then was not so much quality but much more amusing and funny. .

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-12 01:16:40

At 12/11/17 07:03 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/7/17 01:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Being one of the best, should always be respected. It was much easier when Wayne did it. It is great to see him return every now and again.
I don't think I'm the best but yeah not as easy as you think back then, but yes a lot easier then today, it was a different time back then different rules and guidelines back then aswell. and the content was much different back then, my honest opinion is that stuff back then was not so much quality but much more amusing and funny. .

~X~

Things are always easier towards the beginning. In time, they get more complicated and ruined by silly rules and/or silly people running it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-12 13:44:00

At 12/12/17 07:21 AM, Quisty wrote:
Yes, he should be respected, even when those are upset with him. He has earned all that he has. He has had great support from his friends to encourage him to achieve these stats too.

I totally agree with you. I wish that I was respected as much as Wayne.

Today, I did some reviews, now I'm so not going for any big numbers, but it was fun to review again. Maybe one day I'll try for a stat. I know how crazy good I am at making many quality ones in a short period lol, but I doubt I'd ever try.

You or Wayne should become review mods. You both would do a great job and are very fair. That would really be appreciated by the users.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-12 21:57:48

At 12/12/17 01:16 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Things are always easier towards the beginning. In time, they get more complicated and ruined by silly rules and/or silly people running it.

Yes of course. I was looking on first page and showed me at 11,000 reviews

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-12 22:25:03

At 12/12/17 09:57 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/12/17 01:16 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Things are always easier towards the beginning. In time, they get more complicated and ruined by silly rules and/or silly people running it.
Yes of course. I was looking on first page and showed me at 11,000 reviews

~X~

You do have many reviews. I am not sure how you made so many. What is your secret?

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 00:16:44

At 12/12/17 10:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
You do have many reviews. I am not sure how you made so many. What is your secret?

No secrete really just started reviewing now ofcourse I have seen many lost reviews one line junk I have been known to do that now and then but over time I wanted to add more quality to them and I think I have.

I have 15.000 +. Movie reviews. The most I have of any other area so that basicly comes from newgrounds only having movies for a long time so I would just review movies. Now with medals that has changed and there's a big focus on people reviewing games now

But as far as reviewing alot back then yes I was able to stay up longer in middle of night and would just review like crazy

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 02:53:32

At 12/13/17 12:16 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 12/12/17 10:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
No secrete really just started reviewing now ofcourse I have seen many lost reviews one line junk I have been known to do that now and then but over time I wanted to add more quality to them and I think I have.

I can understand one line reviews being deleted. I have written five sentence paragraphs reviews that have vanished.

I have 15.000 +. Movie reviews. The most I have of any other area so that basicly comes from newgrounds only having movies for a long time so I would just review movies. Now with medals that has changed and there's a big focus on people reviewing games now

That is an amazing amount of movie reviews.

But as far as reviewing alot back then yes I was able to stay up longer in middle of night and would just review like crazy

~X~

Whenever I try to review like crazy, they all seem to vanish. It can really turn users off from trying to review.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 05:28:03

At 12/13/17 12:16 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: that basicly comes from newgrounds only having movies for a long time so I would just review movies.

There have been games from the start too though right? Just not as interesting?

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 05:55:47

At 12/13/17 05:28 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
There have been games from the start too though right? Just not as interesting?

Oh yeah there was but just some really silly ones but it was all new too so not sure why I focused more on movies maybe because there was more movies then games at the time

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 06:46:21

At 12/13/17 05:55 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Oh yeah there was but just some really silly ones but it was all new too so not sure why I focused more on movies maybe because there was more movies then games at the time

Maybe just easier to watch a movie than play a game? ;) No active effort required to play through, just to write down impressions when it's over. Games seem a bit more time-consuming overall.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 07:16:55

Games do take more effort but not in all cases the deeper heavier games yes and I'm ok with taking the time with that

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 07:27:47

At 12/13/17 07:16 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Games do take more effort but not in all cases the deeper heavier games yes and I'm ok with taking the time with that

True that, just like movies they come in all shapes and sizes, I meant more that with a game you have to actively be involved with it, and really play it, whereas a movie you can enjoy by just perceiving. Do love games, but movies seem a lot more effortless that way, even the long ones. No need to really focus, just relax and enjoy the show.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 15:18:42

At 12/13/17 07:16 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Games do take more effort but not in all cases the deeper heavier games yes and I'm ok with taking the time with that

~X~

I have always enjoyed playing a game and than doing a review. It makes me feel more active and involved when rating it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 15:38:31

At 12/13/17 03:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have always enjoyed playing a game and than doing a review. It makes me feel more active and involved when rating it.

Same here, though usually when tired I'd rather just watch something than concentrate on whatever trials and tribulations a game entails... feels like the easier pastime of the two.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 15:50:05

At 12/13/17 03:38 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/13/17 03:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have always enjoyed playing a game and than doing a review. It makes me feel more active and involved when rating it.
Same here, though usually when tired I'd rather just watch something than concentrate on whatever trials and tribulations a game entails... feels like the easier pastime of the two.

I understand what you mean. You have had many more reviews than me, so you must be doing something right. lol

BBS Signature

At 12/13/17 03:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I understand what you mean. You have had many more reviews than me, so you must be doing something right. lol

Yupp, X has more on movies/less on games too, and you've got the medals instead, so seems we're all balancing the statual counts according to content preference. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 16:04:18

So with medal games that's exactly how I do things, so some medal games I will have a much deeper review as I play it a few times, so in that sense yes it does take more effort as for movies it takes less time but I tend to find myself reviewing deeper with some really interesting ones.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-13 16:42:07

At 12/13/17 04:03 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/13/17 03:50 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I understand what you mean. You have had many more reviews than me, so you must be doing something right. lol
Yupp, X has more on movies/less on games too, and you've got the medals instead, so seems we're all balancing the statual counts according to content preference. :)

It is true, that we all excel in different areas. I think that is why the three of us work so well together. Common respect and understanding.

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-14 14:13:39

At 12/13/17 04:04 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So with medal games that's exactly how I do things, so some medal games I will have a much deeper review as I play it a few times, so in that sense yes it does take more effort as for movies it takes less time but I tend to find myself reviewing deeper with some really interesting ones.

You actually play a game a few times sometimes before reviewing it too? I usually just do the one run, though sometimes do come back to it later and get new impressions I wish I could have added it that initial review... they do change the more you play. Indeed.

At 12/13/17 04:42 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: It is true, that we all excel in different areas. I think that is why the three of us work so well together. Common respect and understanding.

Well worded. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Top 100 Reviewers List 2017-12-14 14:59:29

At 12/14/17 02:13 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: You actually play a game a few times sometimes before reviewing it too? I usually just do the one run, though sometimes do come back to it later and get new impressions I wish I could have added it that initial review... they do change the more you play. Indeed.

Yes especially if its a big game with lots of medals just like to give some type of insight instead of just some lines but I been lazy too as we all have, I will do this for a movie too like big movies with lots going on then ill watch it a few times to get somewhat of a deeper review.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature