00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Illwillpress' new movie

21,430 Views | 433 Replies

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:56:36

At 8/30/05 10:56 PM, liljim wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:50 PM, hisainc wrote: They're called Dailytoons. Me, j00bie, and Mightydein have worked our asses off on it sir.
So you DO have content on the site? You claimed that you didn't.

Wow, a technicality. It's the end of the freakin' world.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:57:47

At 8/30/05 10:56 PM, PlayItBogard wrote:
At 8/30/05 10:50 PM, hisainc wrote: They're called Dailytoons. Me, j00bie, and Mightydein have worked our asses off on it sir.
Wow, a technicality. It's the end of the freakin' world.

I'm just trying to get a feel for where he's coming from, artist-scorned-wise. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 22:59:59

At 8/30/05 10:57 PM, liljim wrote:
I'm just trying to get a feel for where he's coming from, artist-scorned-wise. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

What knickers? :$

Si. I have one flash animation. It sucks. I'll admit it. It wasn't meant for NG. But I threw it up just to see what kind of a beating it could take.

We're not really discussing IWP anymore, are we?

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:00:21

At 8/30/05 10:57 PM, liljim wrote: No need to get your knickers in a twist.

lol funny english jargen

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:03:36

At 8/30/05 10:59 PM, PlayItBogard wrote:
We're not really discussing IWP anymore, are we?

not since page 10

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:03:57

did I say that? I am coauthored for some of my stuff.

looking back at my other posts, I didn't make myself too clear about the fact that I don't want the collection for myself. I more want it for the people who have contributed. A lot of daily2oons are drowned out by garbage sent to me (there. I said it. We have a policy that we accept anything sent to us). It's why we tried compiling the best of the month last month. It was met with such a disappointingly low score (in my opinion anyways) that it was sort of depressing. It was the combined works of my buddies for a month, and it scored low. Worst part was, somebody voted it down (and I know this for a fact, though I still don't know who did it).

And now what? a one-framer scored higher than it.

cool beans.

I'm submitting another monthly best tonight(midnight), and in my opinion, it's better than the last one. Although I can't be too optimistic, because I know people vote low for our movies because of our reputation.

liljim, sorry if I'm coming off as an asshole (which I know I am), but you are coming off as one as well. I'm just replying appropriately (or what I deem as appropriate).

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:08:27

At 8/30/05 10:43 PM, Elfer wrote: stuff

I agree with you on this. He basically used his publicity to push his agenda around. I doubt he will earn frontpage or anything, but he didn't even try on this.

If he wants to push shit around on a flash animation/game web site, he should submit something that has flash animation, not just one frame with a sound clip. If he wanted to spread his message he should have posted here, or on his website. Not make this random thing.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:08:41

Well, if I could make a 1 frame flash and get a high score on it, then hell yeah i'd do it.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:09:22

17 pages to bitch about one flash? Seriously kids. There's no debate here, whether you hate that flash or not, it is where it is, because illwill brings traffic. The people who say he uses the site, and uses his fans, hey, you know what? NG uses him too, their using him right this second by featuring his animation to bring in traffic to the site and try and get those people to hopefully check out other animations.

Bottom line? If you don't like it, don't watch it, stop wasting your lives bitching about something, with arguements that are ignorant and don't make sense, when you've already been proven wrong.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:10:19

Who cares...every time Illwillpress releases a new video, whiners come here to complain...well here's a hard fact of life. Get The FUCK OVER IT! He'll continue making flashes and there will always be fans (even though I'm personally not a fan of his works).

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:10:51

Seems like most people are concerned over the fact that iwp submitted a single-frame animation and it's got a good score... Well, the fact that it's accompanied by Foamy's rant pretty much masks that, which is why it got that score.

Anyway, that wasn't what bothered me. What annoyed me about his flash was that he took the moral high ground and blamed the media for being unhelpful, which is just easy, while he himself is just sitting at his computer recording audio, drawing a little map, submitting it to the internet, and watching his score skyrocket. Pure hypocrisy. He's no different from the so-called "slime" reporters at all. He quite simply pwned himself. If he cared I'm certain that he'd gather some people and set off to Louisiana with life jackets and provisions, but I doubt that's what he's doing. He even said that Foamy cared more for the casualties than the reporters do, which is obviously untrue and pretty ridiculous. Foamy is a character who lives in a fictitious cartoon world which has no effect on reality. If he really thinks he can make Foamy look courageous, or like a hero, then I guess he's succeeded, but it's a lie! Illwill doesn't care, so how could Foamy? As soon as I see pictures of iwp climbing onto roofs to save people, then I'll retract these statements.

P.S. Without the press, almost no-one would know of this. Yet another flaw in his argument.

dsa

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:11:02

Everybody seems to be getting their panties in a major twist over a lazy artist who can animate, and well, but decides not to. Who gives a shit? Let him make money off of idiots who buy his shit. Good for him. He's doing the american thing. Doing a minimal amount of stuff and striking it rich. If you even call that rich. Or whatever.

Who cares.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:12:24

At 8/30/05 11:03 PM, hisainc wrote:
did I say that? I am coauthored for some of my stuff.

We have a policy that we accept anything sent to us.

Not a great policy to follow. If you've worked on something, fine. But if you're just there for the co-author stuff, then that's not fine and any talk about it doesn't belong in this thread. As such, I'm closing this thread.

Response to Illwillpress' new movie 2005-08-30 23:12:28

At 8/30/05 11:09 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: >:(

you've obviously read the whole thread.