00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tolerance; now fun-sized.

1,455 Views | 27 Replies

Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 18:51:23

The nice thing about tolerance is that it runs both ways. ^.^ I'm tired of hearing people say how open they are and how they accept everyone, and then they close their mind to close-minded-ness. Its a great irony.

A liberal talks about how conservatives are ruining the country, a college student says how dumb not-college students are, a hippie trashes an animal-testing lab, a Newgrounds user says how wrong I am.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 18:55:18

At 8/24/05 06:51 PM, altanese_mistress wrote: a Newgrounds user says how wrong I am.

well i shudder to think of a world where we all agree with each other. we'd get too much done

Up the Clarets!

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 18:57:13

At 8/24/05 06:55 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:
At 8/24/05 06:51 PM, altanese_mistress wrote: a Newgrounds user says how wrong I am.
well i shudder to think of a world where we all agree with each other. we'd get too much done

ahem

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 18:58:29

Im all for tolerance. I just don't like people forcing me (make fun of me) to tolerate something that I think is wrong.

And to those damn hippies, let the scientists put rat poison in their meth and weed. Or we can build a drill and drill through all the hippies when they group sessions muhahahaha... but we need a black guy to sacrifice incase anything goes wrong... ^^

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:00:53

someones been watching south park

Up the Clarets!

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:04:02

Tolerance is overrated. Why should I be tolerant of other peoples views when I have just as good, if not better, reasons for having my own?

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:08:09

At 8/24/05 07:04 PM, -Illustrious- wrote: Tolerance is overrated. Why should I be tolerant of other peoples views when I have just as good, if not better, reasons for having my own?

B... BECAUSE! YOU HAVE TO! If you don't I'll snidely look down upon you and make sarcastic comments, and then tell my other hippie friends and get them to gang up on you in order to support my opinion!

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:09:09

At 8/24/05 07:04 PM, -Illustrious- wrote: Tolerance is overrated. Why should I be tolerant of other peoples views when I have just as good, if not better, reasons for having my own?

tolerances means yo ujust have to put up with their views on whatever subject and what not. its not acceptance dude.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:13:52

We will not tolerate people being intolerant. I don't know how many time I've heard that line, and every time it makes me laugh. People don't realize how hypocritical they are. It's pretty funny.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:15:15

At 8/24/05 07:14 PM, PhysicsMafia wrote: why should we be tollerant of everyone and everything, tollerance of idiocy will only spawn idiocy

SHHH! You're being logical, and that just won't be tollerated.

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:15:34

At 8/24/05 07:09 PM, bratpack34 wrote:
tolerances means yo ujust have to put up with their views on whatever subject and what not. its not acceptance dude.

I don't have to put up with anything.

If I think their view on something is a load of crock, and I if I have reasons for thinking so, then I'm more than justified in correcting them, or telling them, or arguing with them over it.

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:17:49

At 8/24/05 07:15 PM, -Illustrious- wrote: If I think their view on something is a load of crock, and I if I have reasons for thinking so, then I'm more than justified in correcting them, or telling them, or arguing with them over it.

No, you should accept them. They put up with your close-minded-ness, so you should 'put-up' with their open-ness. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:21:31

At 8/24/05 07:14 PM, PhysicsMafia wrote: why should we be tollerant of everyone and everything, tollerance of idiocy will only spawn idiocy

Because you cant be selectively tolerant.

And who is to decide what is idiocy that is not to be tolerated? I see much wrong with your viewpoint.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:24:18

At 8/24/05 07:17 PM, altanese_mistress wrote:
At 8/24/05 07:15 PM, -Illustrious- wrote: If I think their view on something is a load of crock, and I if I have reasons for thinking so, then I'm more than justified in correcting them, or telling them, or arguing with them over it.
No, you should accept them. They put up with your close-minded-ness, so you should 'put-up' with their open-ness. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Tell me, why in Sam Hill should I sacrifice my views and beliefs which I made and rationalized using logic and reasoning and accept as equal those views and beliefs of other people that I find to be incorrect? Nothing is stopping them from explaining their views, or debating, or disproving mine. Why should I refrain from pointing out where people are wrong just because they're too wishy-washy, stupid, or ignorant, to try to point out why I might be wrong, and resign themselves to just "put up" with what I'm saying?

Besides, if what you're saying is the case, then shouldn't you accept my close-mindness? After all, telling me I'm wrong for being close-minded is intolerant.

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:25:49

At 8/24/05 07:24 PM, -Illustrious- wrote: Besides, if what you're saying is the case, then shouldn't you accept my close-mindness? After all, telling me I'm wrong for being close-minded is intolerant.

I don't think that people here fully realize that I like to use hypocracy and irony to further prove my points.....

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:27:57

At 8/24/05 07:25 PM, altanese_mistress wrote: I don't think that people here fully realize that I like to use hypocracy and irony to further prove my points.....

What irony and hypocracy?

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:29:50

Fine, whatever.

I just dont see how its possible for someone to decide what is logical and what is not deserving of respect.

Believe what you want. I really honestly dont care.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 19:40:09

Tolerance means not yelling at people and beating the shit out of them in the street.

If no ones doing that to you, they're being tolerant. That by no means implies they have to put up with your bullshit, despite what court lobbiests and activist judges would have you think.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 20:10:37

At 8/24/05 07:25 PM, altanese_mistress wrote: I don't think that people here fully realize that I like to use hypocracy and irony to further prove my points.....

Maybe if you didn't suck so much at it we'd "realize" you better.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 20:22:39

Tolerance is just the first step in no way does tolerance = respect thats a whole new thing for people to pick up on. I can tolerate someone being an idiot all day but do I respect them.....hell no. Its just a brand new can of worms.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 20:26:46

It's impossible to be tolerant of everything. You have to pick and choose what you tolerate and what you don't.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-24 22:18:07

i reserve my right to dislike and not tolerate certain things. people that break the cardinal laws, national laws and religous laws are usually it.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 05:15:37

What about criminals?
If we're to tolerate everone and their actions, surely we should tolerate those who commit offence against us. If we tolerate them then there is no way in which we can punish them for their actions, lest we no longer tolerate their behaviour...

There are many truths in this world. No one thing is ever real. No one thing is ever right. No one person can ever know the whole truth, regardless of the facts they possess.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 05:33:32

If we're talking about free speech here, it's only a problem for the government to interfere with it, which we've got plenty of without stepping on one another's free speech trying to protect free speech and missing the point.

If it's making fun of people we're talking about, that is in know way keeping people from voicing their views. If you get made fun of and don't like it, fucking fight back. Generally the people on this forum who like to troll around and pick on people are pretty easily intimidated and quietly disappear from threads when people fight back. Don't let idiots who hide their insecurities behind the glow of a computer monitor get to you, just make them feel as stupid as they legitimately are and are trying to make you feel to make themselves feel better.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 05:42:19

Tolerance and open-mindedness does not mean you can't disapprove of or disagree with anything.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 10:20:25

At 8/24/05 06:51 PM, altanese_mistress wrote:

:: A liberal talks about how conservatives are ruining the country, a college student says how dumb not-college students are, a hippie trashes an animal-testing lab, a Newgrounds user says how wrong I am.

a new jersey govener is gay....wait what?

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 17:15:26

At 8/24/05 06:55 PM, LegendaryLukus wrote:

Or run ourselves off a cliff like a bunch of lemmings.

Response to Tolerance; now fun-sized. 2005-08-25 21:11:51

If tolerance really existed, Newgrounds wouldn't exist. This place is a haven for the intolerant inside to hide, and the intolerant outside to scream about...