00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,723,473 Views | 87,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-01 11:48:00

At 8/30/18 04:06 AM, Haggard wrote: Real life achievement: Yesterday at 7:13am I crossed the arctic circle going north. First time I've been so far north (and I will get even farther still).

I do that every summer. ;) Though maybe not that early in the day.

But Congrats man! How do you like the North thus far? Where are you traveling?

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-02 15:33:22

At 9/1/18 11:48 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 8/30/18 04:06 AM, Haggard wrote: Real life achievement: Yesterday at 7:13am I crossed the arctic circle going north. First time I've been so far north (and I will get even farther still).
I do that every summer. ;) Though maybe not that early in the day.

But Congrats man! How do you like the North thus far? Where are you traveling?

Well, I am from Northern Germany, so of course I will like the north of any country just a little bit better. ;)
I am in Norway, one week down (traveled with Hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes) two to go (going down to Oslo by car).
Today we visited the North Cape, can't really get any more north than that in Europe, except for Svalbard, of course, or Greenland, depending on how you define "Europe". :D

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 01:14:35

I finally got to level 25!

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 01:22:12

At 9/3/18 01:14 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I finally got to level 25!

Congrats on reaching level 25. Keep up the good work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 11:03:08 (edited 2018-09-03 11:03:40)

At 9/2/18 03:33 PM, Haggard wrote: Well, I am from Northern Germany, so of course I will like the north of any country just a little bit better. ;)
I am in Norway, one week down (traveled with Hurtigruten from Bergen to Kirkenes) two to go (going down to Oslo by car).
Today we visited the North Cape, can't really get any more north than that in Europe, except for Svalbard, of course, or Greenland, depending on how you define "Europe". :D

Ah, my bad, I forget origins outside the more mainstream US. You've actually been further North than I have now, though! Feels like I need to make a conquest further North as well. Haven't traveled Hurtigruten before but heard great things about it, and the North Cape looks beautiful. All in Norway? Or is it Greenland after Oslo? ;)

Indeed. I was thinking North not so much in terms of Europe but... I guess I was after all. Scandinavia, more specifically. The North close to home. Though even further North: even better!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 11:05:09

At 9/2/18 09:31 AM, NekoMika wrote: 30,000 exp points

Congrats!

Couple more days til I reach level 53.

And Good Luck! :P

25 to life! Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 15:51:10

At 9/3/18 11:03 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Ah, my bad, I forget origins outside the more mainstream US. You've actually been further North than I have now, though! Feels like I need to make a conquest further North as well.

Would be quite a view to see the midnight sun from the North Cape, but you have to get REALLY lucky with the weather.

> Haven't traveled Hurtigruten before but heard great things about it

Yeah, if you keep in mind that it's not a cruise ship but a post ship (that means: No entertainment on board and they actually call at ports during the night to load and unload cargo) then it's quite an experience.

Plus, I've heard the Norwegians LOVE the Swedes (sharing the borders over such a long distance makes you good neighbours, I guess? ;) ), so you should have an awesome time there.

Or is it Greenland after Oslo? ;)

I would love to go to Greenland, but as strange as it may sound, my holidays are limited, lol.

Indeed. I was thinking North not so much in terms of Europe but... I guess I was after all. Scandinavia, more specifically. The North close to home. Though even further North: even better!

I'm sure the south is cool as well, though. I hope to travel south of the equator one day. I came really close to it when I was in Singapore, but didn't cross it.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 17:19:52 (edited 2018-09-03 17:21:08)

At 9/3/18 03:51 PM, Haggard wrote: Would be quite a view to see the midnight sun from the North Cape, but you have to get REALLY lucky with the weather.

Wouldn't have thought clear skies were so rare there, but an eclipse, or blood moon, or northern lights maybe... that'd be something extraordinary! :D Clouds when you were there though?

Yeah, if you keep in mind that it's not a cruise ship but a post ship (that means: No entertainment on board and they actually call at ports during the night to load and unload cargo) then it's quite an experience.

Ah that's good to know! I'm definitely more for an adventure than a cruise, so that sounds perfect.

Plus, I've heard the Norwegians LOVE the Swedes (sharing the borders over such a long distance makes you good neighbours, I guess? ;) ), so you should have an awesome time there.

Haha, well it's a friendly kind of rivalry you could say. XD We have plenty of jokes about each other, but they're great people.

I would love to go to Greenland, but as strange as it may sound, my holidays are limited, lol.

Too true!

I'm sure the south is cool as well, though. I hope to travel south of the equator one day. I came really close to it when I was in Singapore, but didn't cross it.

For sure. Warm and exotic's good too, especially when it's winter over here. Have been to Chile a couple years, so just past that line, at least. :) But there's so many others I hope to get to some day. Australia for one seems like a really nice place.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-03 21:26:35

At 9/3/18 12:30 PM, NekoMika wrote: 1,300 Movie Reviews

Very nice indeed, keep on Rolling with reviews, Congrats.

Very nice Congrats on level 25 keep on rolling.

At 9/2/18 09:31 AM, NekoMika wrote: 30,000 exp points

Couple more days til I reach level 53.

And Congrats on those nifty numbers and future achievments.

At 9/1/18 11:46 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: 211,000 Total
#139 on EXP

Congrats on a nifty achievement.

Congrats on your journey safe travels.

At 8/29/18 01:02 PM, belthagor wrote: Lvl 11 now!

(I miss my box-cutter icon.)

Congrats on the new icon the "BOX CUTTER" is a nifty one though.

At 8/28/18 05:22 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have reached Global Rank 9.

Congrats Doc

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-04 14:55:27

56k experience.

Sure feels that slow.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-04 16:54:26

At 9/3/18 05:19 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 9/3/18 03:51 PM, Haggard wrote: Would be quite a view to see the midnight sun from the North Cape, but you have to get REALLY lucky with the weather.
Wouldn't have thought clear skies were so rare there, but an eclipse, or blood moon, or northern lights maybe... that'd be something extraordinary! :D Clouds when you were there though?

There was a rainstorm out on the ocean but other than that we got really lucky. Hardly any wind and hardly any tourists either.

Ah that's good to know! I'm definitely more for an adventure than a cruise, so that sounds perfect.

Some people seem to expect a perfect cruise. Read a review of someone who complained the workers where too loud during the night and that they ignored him when he complained... So, if you book your travel, choose a cabin that's on the opposite site of the loading bay. ;)

Haha, well it's a friendly kind of rivalry you could say. XD We have plenty of jokes about each other, but they're great people.

Kind of like the germans and the dutch then. It used to get really nasty in football, but it cooled down to a friendly banter in recent years.

For sure. Warm and exotic's good too, especially when it's winter over here. Have been to Chile a couple years, so just past that line, at least. :) But there's so many others I hope to get to some day. Australia for one seems like a really nice place.

My in-laws have been to Australia and they really liked it. Chile sounds awesome as well. If only traveling wasn't so damn expensive, heh.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-05 05:42:04

Level 29!

I also hit 14 years on this account in June, which made me realize I've had an account on NG for more than half my life.

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-05 08:19:04

Just leveled up to Private first class rank

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-05 11:09:25

At 9/5/18 10:40 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 9/5/18 05:42 AM, Soapbubble wrote: Level 29!

I also hit 14 years on this account in June, which made me realize I've had an account on NG for more than half my life.
Double congrats Soapbubble, still depositing but not posting too much these days right?

Thanks! Yeah, sadly don't have the time for posting or reviewing as much as I used to. Hopefully when things IRL settle down a bit!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-05 18:25:04

I have reached Global Rank 8.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 12:42:39 (edited 2018-09-07 12:43:54)

At 9/4/18 04:54 PM, Haggard wrote: There was a rainstorm out on the ocean but other than that we got really lucky. Hardly any wind and hardly any tourists either.

Nice.

Some people seem to expect a perfect cruise. Read a review of someone who complained the workers where too loud during the night and that they ignored him when he complained... So, if you book your travel, choose a cabin that's on the opposite site of the loading bay. ;)

If that is what you're expecting that's understandable. Solid advice! Will take it if I do. I mean: when.

Kind of like the germans and the dutch then. It used to get really nasty in football, but it cooled down to a friendly banter in recent years.

Oh, lots of jokes about the Dutch in circulation over there? Books, even? Interesting. Maybe things were aggressive here too back during the warring ages, but that's a long time ago... actually, winter sports... they can still get pretty intense come to think of it.

My in-laws have been to Australia and they really liked it. Chile sounds awesome as well. If only traveling wasn't so damn expensive, heh.

Yeah, and the time, too. :) Cool. Haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Australia, or New Zealand, I imagine that's similar. Chile was nice apart from the smog! It's pretty heavy there, but tourist resorts are better I guess, as soon as you start moving away from the city.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 12:43:09

EXP Rank 137

At 9/4/18 02:55 PM, Painbringer wrote: 56k experience.

Sure feels that slow.

Wonder if that one's been used before. XD And Congrats!

At 9/4/18 10:52 AM, NekoMika wrote: "With that vote, you now have 30,020 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 53."
500 game reviews

Congrats, and good luck with the 10th to 10K goal too! That'd be a pretty cool... whatever the antonym for coincidence is!

At 9/3/18 09:26 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Congrats on a nifty achievement.

Thank you!

At 9/5/18 08:19 AM, Kieran wrote: Just leveled up to Private first class rank

Congrats man!

Congrats!

Nice. :D Now that you realized this... I realize I'll be reaching that point myself just next year...

At 9/4/18 09:01 AM, Ingenuity wrote: Wish you good luck on completing that goal! :) I’ve just transferred from Lvl 1 to Lvl 2, today. Might take me more than a year or two to make it up to Lvl 60, though, but I’ll hopefully get through.

I think it'll take a bit longer! XD The distance between levels increases with each one, so it'll just get slower and slower, but good luck! It is possible!

At 9/5/18 06:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have reached Global Rank 8.

Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 14:20:46

At 9/7/18 12:51 PM, NekoMika wrote:
Congrats, and good luck with the 10th to 10K goal too! That'd be a pretty cool... whatever the antonym for coincidence is!
Asynchrony seems to be the closest opposite term of coincidence. Once I eventually hit 10k reviews, that would make for the fourth 10k stat for me, good times ahead I hope. Maybe I will end up quadlisted on that list of yours before the year is over?

Ah, good to know, and yeah, good luck with that asynchrony too! ;) There are still surprisingly few Quadlist users there... 40th user ever to Quadlist status, maybe (a few have dropped off over the years so the current number isn't really accurate)?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 14:43:29

At 9/7/18 02:24 PM, NekoMika wrote: Asynchrony - absence or lack of concurrence in time; think I shall pass on that one. :P

Should've checked first. XD My bad. Seems an antonym for the first definition's a bit harder to find...

Seems there are only 29 currently quadlisted at the moment since the last update in June, thought the updates were once every 2 months. :(

Yeah, it's been moving up and down for a few years, sometimes up at 30, sometimes down at 28, though I don't recall if it's been the same users who jump on and off, or new ones that become inactive and fall off later on...maybe the total of users ever to reach it is still closer to 30 than 40 though.

Well I usually take a break each summer due to lack of tools/computer time. Still not officially back, but should be on schedule again late September! Trying to make it every month otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 14:48:16

Congrats man!

Thanks boi, why dont you come to NG chat sometime?

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 16:44:49

At 9/7/18 12:42 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 9/4/18 04:54 PM, Haggard wrote: Some people seem to expect a perfect cruise. Read a review of someone who complained the workers where too loud during the night and that they ignored him when he complained... So, if you book your travel, choose a cabin that's on the opposite site of the loading bay. ;)
If that is what you're expecting that's understandable. Solid advice! Will take it if I do. I mean: when.

Just be warned that the hurtigruten page can be a bit confusing. It IS possible to book a cruise from port to port (for example Bergen to Trondheim), but it seems it's only accessible on the norwegian site, not on the international one.

Oh, lots of jokes about the Dutch in circulation over there? Books, even?

Books I don't know, jokes of course. And there are jokes about the germans from the dutch sude, of course.

Interesting. Maybe things were aggressive here too back during the warring ages, but that's a long time ago... actually, winter sports... they can still get pretty intense come to think of it.

Yeah, one of the guides put it this way: "We love the swedes, as long as we beat them", heh. "We want to beat them in the Olymlics - which we do - and the ESC - who we don't."

Yeah, and the time, too. :) Cool. Haven't heard anyone say anything bad about Australia, or New Zealand, I imagine that's similar. Chile was nice apart from the smog! It's pretty heavy there, but tourist resorts are better I guess, as soon as you start moving away from the city.

Oh yes, the in-laws have been to New Zealand as well and it seems it's just as amazing. And of course the in-laws are retired, so they have enough time to travel. :D
Yeah, smog can be really nasty. Luckily it's not a problem in Norway. There just aren't too many people in a single place. For example, the population density in to county Finnmark is like 1 person per km².

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-07 23:21:24

I've reached EXP rank 4,420 . I just wanted to put that out there

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-08 00:16:24

Well i did it. I finally got the rank of Supreme Commander a few days ago, i didn't even noticed it right away lol

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-08 03:25:36

At 9/8/18 12:16 AM, Denton wrote: Well i did it. I finally got the rank of Supreme Commander a few days ago, i didn't even noticed it right away lol

Very nice! It's quite an accomplishment these days, especially reaching it with more blams than saves.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-08 12:49:05

At 9/8/18 03:25 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 9/8/18 12:16 AM, Denton wrote: Well i did it. I finally got the rank of Supreme Commander a few days ago, i didn't even noticed it right away lol
Very nice! It's quite an accomplishment these days, especially reaching it with more blams than saves.

I always had more blams than saves and i intent on keeping it that way, but the gap is getting smaller and smaller since everyone is letting all sorts of crap though. I bet a lot of stat-whoring users are blindly voting 5's on everything these days.

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-09 03:38:58

And congrats on that nifty new achievement.

At 9/7/18 11:21 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I've reached EXP rank 4,420 . I just wanted to put that out there

Notbad at all Congrats.

At 9/5/18 06:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have reached Global Rank 8.

Congrats on the Global rank

At 9/5/18 12:21 PM, NekoMika wrote: 500 game reviews

Wow nice congrats.

Congrats

I know that feeling but a big congrats to you on your nifty numbers.

At 9/4/18 02:55 PM, Painbringer wrote: 56k experience

CONGRATS

At 9/4/18 10:52 AM, NekoMika wrote: "With that vote, you now have 30,020 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 53."

And there you have it notbad at all a big CONGRATS on this achievement.

At 9/3/18 09:53 PM, NekoMika wrote: To be honest, I'm hoping to hit around 7,500 reviews overall before the year is over if I can. If I do not reach the goal, it is fine; if I do then awesome. I hope to become the 7th person to reach 10k reviews overall.

Those are some nice numbers to shoot for keep at it.

And on my own recient achievments if you wanna call them that but …

Recent Achievments

5,000 ART Reviews
30,000 Total Reviews

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-09 09:24:27

Level 56. It’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-11 08:20:37

500 blams

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-11 14:40:22

At 9/11/18 08:20 AM, Kieran wrote: 500 blams

Congrats on reaching 500 blams.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2018-09-12 05:35:00

10 000 saves

Not too happy about my saves to blam ratio though :(

Meet the Mayor.