00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,754,594 Views | 87,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-16 13:01:41

Sorry for slacking a bit with the replies here lately. I have some good excuses.

First thing is, I have received the key to my new apartment last Thursday and we have payed the rent for this month. So now it's officially me and my gf's place, but of course we have a shitload of paperwork to go through before we officially live there and everybody is aware of that. Also, we have to get working on the ceilings, walls, floors and have to move all our stuff in and buy some more stuff we need.

Along with that, I had to hand in a report and one chapter of a report and I also have exams in the upcoming two weeks.

So busy times here. Chances are I might not be around so much every now and again.

At 1/14/11 04:13 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/13/11 04:46 PM, Auz wrote: Well that's too bad. If you don't have any good memories, then it's gonna be difficult changing the way you think about your brother.
When we were young, I was rewarded for performing well in most subjects at school (Grade A/B), while my brother was rewarded the same, despite his lower performance (Grade C/D, which migh be generous, but I never really paid attention, so long as he was worse). To a certain extent, I was jaded that he could be rewarded for "trying his best", when I got the same reward for coming top of the class. In High School, my grades dropped and, while I don't regret that now - I wouldn't have been any better off in life had I tried harder, I don't think, there might not have been my better interests at heart.

Now it's unfair to drop this, along with everything else at my parent's door, since they have the hardest job in the world. If they were to not reward him for not reaching my levels, I would have been better off, but that would only have made him the bitter one. At least I can be philosophical and know that I'm the normal one out of us.

I think I see, but I'm not fully sure.

Honestly, it's the same at my place. I've always been the one who had the better grades and my brother was always at a lower level at school. We also always got the same rewards for our results, but it never really bothered me that he did worse than I did while we still got the same.

I understand that my parents were just trying to raise us equally and that we both have our good and bad qualities. They didn't want to make it seem like they preferred me over my brother or the other way around. I'm sure your parents must have had the same idea.

At 1/14/11 12:21 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/13/11 04:46 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know how much you paid for it...
About 25 Euros.

That sounds like a good deal for seven CCR albums.

Well if she's working 9 to 5 every day of the week, then it might be a problem. But if she's a part-timer, there must be an oppertunity to use the car from time to time. Unless your schedule coincides with hers.
9 to 5? You wish... her regular work schedule is from 8 to 4, but most of the time she works until 5 or even longer. Plus, she has to work on some weekends and sometimes even night shift. (after all, she works as a medical doctor in a hospital ;) ).

As a doctor? Nice!

Yeah I guess that's pretty heavy work which requires a lot of flexibility.

And then you made clear that a man's driving skills are far superiour to that of a woman, even when he is a beginner. Am I right? :p
Everytime I try that all I get is a boot to the head. :(

Same here :p Although my girlfriend can't drive anyway, so who's she to tell me I'm wrong?

32.000? Holy shit 0.0
Big city, big Uni. ^^

Yeah. I'm sure the universities in Amsterdam and Rotterdam have many students as well, but Delft is not even that much of a city.

I think the Technical University of Delft only has about 15.000 students or so. Then again, Germany probably has 5 times as many students in total.
Yeah, maybe. There is also a Technical University in Hamburg, but I don't know how many students it has.

So Hamburg has two universities?

Well that's not too bad. It's about 1 hour and 30 minutes for me, but once I have moved to The Hague it's no more than about 50 minutes.
Lol, I always have to stop and think which city is meant by "The Hague". ^^

I guess in Germany it might also be known as 'Den Haag'.

1 hour 30 minutes can be quite long when you are riding a train.

It's not only the train. It's about 30 minutes bus, 15 minutes subway, 15 minutes train and 30 minutes walking and waiting in between.

Wait, David Hasslehoff? 0.o
I always thought it was this guy.
Oh, Peter Maffay and his singing wart.

I think David's german is better than Peter's...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmibSTB5G HI

Lol. I didn't know David could actually sing. I do know he tried a singing career once, but... it didn't work out :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsF F8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKPwFEPsu eU

Don't know, I only know him from that one song :p
Though it can't get any worse than The Hoff, can it?
Well, Hasselhoff had one or two good moments in 4 seasons of Knight Rider. Reim has... nothing.

Like I said I don't know much about Reim :p

All I know about the Hoff is that he is a washed up B-grade actor who used to play in series like Baywatch and Knight Rider. I used to watch Knight Rider as a kid, but I have no idea if it was such a good series or not. Probably not.

At 1/15/11 09:35 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 1/15/11 06:38 AM, Auz wrote: With this post, I now have 100,000 Total Stats!
Congratulations, great effort.

Also 36,000 B/P points.

Thank you and congrats yourself :)

At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/13/11 04:46 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/13/11 04:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
China seems pretty stable at the moment, and willing to help other nations out. Of course they want a little influence in return, which might be bad... or good... I don't know yet.
China know they deal well with other countries so they wouldn't want them to fall.

Yes indeed. It's gonna hurt them as well in the end, so they better try to keep them alive.

Oh so you were a bit late perhaps. But yeah, that last thing doesn't make sense.
Maybe I was too old but it wouldn't make sense for some of those employers to pick someone with more experience than me.

No, not if it goes via that program thingy you mentioned.

Awesome! I don't think I'll check it out anytime soon though. I'm just about done with playing Platinum and I still got Soul Silver to play through. But for now I'd rather play something other than Pokemon.
I'm not sure if I'll be in a rush for Pokemon Black/White. Sure, I do want to get it but I'm not sure about first day buy. I'll see what my friends think of the game and decide from there.

Same here. I'm fine with playing it later, after I've heard how well it has been received by everyone.

I've always wondered if he had a job. I think he's making quite a lot of money with ads on his website.
I spoke to another friend of mine who's also a Spoony fan and he says he has no job. It's just the videos that are getting him money but considering he's one of the biggest names for video game reviewers, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns enough money to maintain his life.

Yeah I thought so. Like I said, it doesn't look like he lives in a very expensive place and as far as I know, website ads are big business. As long as he stays popular he can probably live of those earnings.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-16 14:54:58

At 1/16/11 05:20 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/15/11 01:14 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/15/11 05:59 AM, Coop wrote:
That or the current users on NG need to realize that their votes are count, because if they didn't the then everything that came into the portal would still be on NG unless marked for review then deleted.

Yeah, but once it's marked for review, it sits around and waits patiently for admin attention, while out of sight of the lay user.
That is a plus and a minus. The plus is that it can't be passed until it get out of judgement and if it is truly rule breaking it will be deleted. Bad because you have to wait until the Admin to delete it which could take months or even a year and change.
This is the reason that I would like to see Portal Mods, to help Wade. He seems to be the only person that deals with this, so a small handful of these should help keep abusive flagged flash down to a minimum.

I see kind of like how wade was the only one removing abusive reviews until they gave the review mods the power to do the same thing. That would help big time

Plus, with the additional Blam points that will produce, it might also influence the voting crowd.

True but that would only be for those who actually pay attention and flag the abusive flash. Many people just let a lot of abusive flash pass for the protect point even if they do know it is abusive. Plus they would have to vote 0 or 1 to get the point otherwise they would only get whistle points.

At 1/16/11 04:59 AM, LittleWashu wrote: Next milestone passed 777 EXP. Not really a big deal though >_<
No way, it's lucky sevens.

If they were so lucky I wouldn't be having computer problems the moment I got that number. As a result I have been thrown off of my A game and will be gaining less B/P points until further notice.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-16 16:35:06

Damn, it seems like I'm always late when I recently leveled up a few days ago. I think it was the seventh or so.

Also not counting this post I had 3,333 posts!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-16 19:21:34

65,000 Medal Points!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 01:08:07

Hi again you stat-whoring scumbags. Just checking in to say hi.

3000th post btw

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 02:36:07

Level 48

Poseidon has blessed me with a trident of gold. Now my enemies shall sink to the depths in his name.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 04:26:53

17,000 total B/P!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 04:28:49

10,000 experience points (I had 9,990 yesterday, the congratulatory post with 10k was a mistake)...that's a thousand days of voting...wow.
Well, I also guess that this means 1,000 days on NG, although obviously they're a bit more because of the few days I missed :P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 05:19:01

Coop hauls himself out of bed and starts looking for work. Congratulations to:
Odyssic: 28,000 B/P
NewsReporter: Level 34
Cootie: Top 500 B/Per
Wegra: 3,333 Posts
Hacsev: 65,000 Medal Points
WeirdAlthe3rd: 23,000 Saves
Strategize: 3,000 Posts
Sushi13: 17,000 B/P
HeavyTank: 10,000 Experience

At 1/16/11 05:39 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/15/11 05:59 AM, Coop wrote: That's a defeatist attitude and I'll have none of it. Having an idea about retiring at your age is laughable!
Scofff! What you call defeatist I call realistic. Maybe if the number one B/P would retire I might reconsider but there is no possible way to catch him. Why climb Everest when Everest keeps getting taller and taller? :P

Why must you bring rocks into this? Everest grew by less than the height of Edmund Hillary between the time that he conquered it and his death, why does that make the climb seem inconsequential?

The B/P summit is moving forward at a tremendous pace and I am still pursuing it.

At least with levels you get a new icon in 3-4 months.

106 days for me, but that's a drop in the ocean for those above me :P

At 1/16/11 06:55 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 1/16/11 05:20 AM, Coop wrote: This is the reason that I would like to see Portal Mods, to help Wade. He seems to be the only person that deals with this, so a small handful of these should help keep abusive flagged flash down to a minimum.
If this ever happens. Send me the first application form.

I'll have the inside track over this ;)

At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm back from Manchester. Lots of stuff happened but overall it was an excellent time! Some events there will make you wish you attended. I'm looking at you, Coop. :P

Preserving my cash is more important at present. Sorry. Was there Karaoke then?

At 1/13/11 08:10 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/12/11 11:39 AM, Bahamut wrote: SHUT. THE FUCK. UP! WAIT UNTIL THE FUCKING MEET!
Gratuitous plug alert!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 02081
You can be happy with that for the time being. BTW, I did not sing Iron Maiden on karaoke night. I'm saving it for London for you.

Sweet. I'll be practising.

At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/14/11 04:13 AM, Coop wrote: Now it's unfair to drop this, along with everything else at my parent's door, since they have the hardest job in the world. If they were to not reward him for not reaching my levels, I would have been better off, but that would only have made him the bitter one. At least I can be philosophical and know that I'm the normal one out of us.
Honestly, it's the same at my place. I've always been the one who had the better grades and my brother was always at a lower level at school. We also always got the same rewards for our results, but it never really bothered me that he did worse than I did while we still got the same.

Maybe it's just me then.

I understand that my parents were just trying to raise us equally and that we both have our good and bad qualities. They didn't want to make it seem like they preferred me over my brother or the other way around. I'm sure your parents must have had the same idea.

Perhaps I feel this way, because I've been drilled by mum that parenting is the most difficult job and you'll always get it wrong, no matter what you do.

At 1/16/11 02:54 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/16/11 05:20 AM, Coop wrote: This is the reason that I would like to see Portal Mods, to help Wade. He seems to be the only person that deals with this, so a small handful of these should help keep abusive flagged flash down to a minimum.
I see kind of like how wade was the only one removing abusive reviews until they gave the review mods the power to do the same thing. That would help big time

We'll just have to wait and see - if they want to stick with this, then they will.

Plus, with the additional Blam points that will produce, it might also influence the voting crowd.
True but that would only be for those who actually pay attention and flag the abusive flash. Many people just let a lot of abusive flash pass for the protect point even if they do know it is abusive. Plus they would have to vote 0 or 1 to get the point otherwise they would only get whistle points.

When people see more flash that were submitted within 24 hours cluttering up the graveyard and they aren't getting so many saves, from protecting this garbage, they will remember what their 0 buttons are for.

It happened around 2007 the other way around, it can happen again.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 06:23:38

Congrats to:
Odyssic: 28,000 B/P Points
NewsReporter: Level 34
Cootie: Top 500 B/P
Wegra: Level 36
Hacsev: 65,000 Medal Points
WeirdAlthe3rd: 23,000 Save Points
Strategize: 3,000 Post
Coop: Level 48
sushi13: 17,000 B/P Point

Achievement of the Day:
Coop: Level 48

At 1/17/11 04:28 AM, HeavyTank wrote: (I had 9,990 yesterday, the congratulatory post with 10k was a mistake)

They're so close together that I pre-congratulated you.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 12:46:46

At 1/17/11 05:19 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/16/11 02:54 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
We'll just have to wait and see - if they want to stick with this, then they will.

When people see more flash that were submitted within 24 hours cluttering up the graveyard and they aren't getting so many saves, from protecting this garbage, they will remember what their 0 buttons are for.

Hopefully cause seeing so much garbage passing when it should be blammed in not only wrong, but it is like telling a teacher someone is bullying you only for them to give the bully a pat on the back and serve the innocent the punishment.

The worse I have seen so far was a 0.1 kb flash that wasn't a link to an external website pass judgement.

It happened around 2007 the other way around, it can happen again.

Viva La Blam

At 1/17/11 10:41 AM, Cootie wrote: Just passed 2,000 blams.

I should have more than this it feels like, but due to me being the only person in this entire website that has voted to blam once this year (you motherfuckers) they are hard to come by. I really hope the portal gets a change soon, because the lack of blams and the pure garbage coming through makes me want to choke out a beagle.

Cootie I feel your pain, but you are wrong on that. I for a fact know a hand full of people who vote to blam garbage and I can quite a few of the top of my head besides you. (Coop, Littlewashu, Ronald-McDonald-LoL, Gamejunkie, Auz, and Gagsy are some of the users I know who vote correctly on shit that needs to be blammed)

But as I said I feel your pain dude since a lot of the shit that should be blammed passes due to those people who auto vote 5 when a flash doesn't deserve it. Hell I have seen abusive flash that should be marked or at least blammed pass judgement because of this. But please don't choke out a beagle don't let what happens on a website cause you to hurt something in real life.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 13:07:43

Level 18

Still a so-so icon.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 13:25:06

NG logs: You entered the top 900 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 13:29:39

Metal Monday 2011 - Week 3: Judas Priest - Run of the Mill

Manchester meet recap will be up later tonight.

Listening to:

Hammers of Misfortune - Fields/Church of Broken Glass

Thanks to:

NewsReporter
Jolly
Odyssic

At 1/16/11 12:09 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I thought I forgot him forever.
LOL! Again.

For this, you'll forever acknowledge Manowar!

Baaaaah, you are right about this. We know Coop is strongly against our idea.
Maybe we can bribe him?

Coop doesn't take bribes, unless you can get him higher up in the EXP ranks.

But not the worst, right?
Well... better than Justin Bieber at least. But that isn't saying much.

At least they're not the worst.

I know those three bands. I only have one Agent Steel album but Unstoppable Force is SPEED FUCKING METAL!
Sounds good. I'm more into Thrash, but Speed is good as well.

Thrash and speed are similar enough. Give Chosen to Stay a listen to so you know what the general sound of the band as well as the vocalist is like.

As for Epica, I'm more fond of their classical set on the live album rather than their own tracks but what they've written themselves is still alright. Some of their songs I really like but others I need time to get used to.
I was sceptical when I read about them, I think I put them near the bottom of my "bands to check out" list.

I wouldn't blame you for putting them on a low priority. The songs seem to be hit and miss for metal fans. Even if their own songs aren't so good, the live album is still highly recommended. Here is Dies Irae metalized!

At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Maybe I was too old but it wouldn't make sense for some of those employers to pick someone with more experience than me.
No, not if it goes via that program thingy you mentioned.

If it's for those with zero experience, then no. However, these places say experienced is essential/desirable so it's fucking catch 22 here.

I'm not sure if I'll be in a rush for Pokemon Black/White. Sure, I do want to get it but I'm not sure about first day buy. I'll see what my friends think of the game and decide from there.
Same here. I'm fine with playing it later, after I've heard how well it has been received by everyone.

Yeah, the games have said to be an improvement as well as the new set of Pokemon. They can't beat the classics but they're easily better than the previous generation.

I spoke to another friend of mine who's also a Spoony fan and he says he has no job. It's just the videos that are getting him money but considering he's one of the biggest names for video game reviewers, I wouldn't be surprised if he earns enough money to maintain his life.
Yeah I thought so. Like I said, it doesn't look like he lives in a very expensive place and as far as I know, website ads are big business. As long as he stays popular he can probably live of those earnings.

Hell, he could probably earn a house with Scarlett if revenue improved as well as Scarlett having a job with a good pay. I don't know what Scarlett does in my life and quite frankly I don't want to know considering how much of a fucking whore she is. Her corruption on Spoony's site is to the point where I have to call her Scarlett the Harlot.

At 1/17/11 02:36 AM, Coop wrote: Level 48

Poseidon has blessed me with a trident of gold. Now my enemies shall sink to the depths in his name.

And already I'm used to your golden trident. That reminds me, 39 days to go until I reach the golden age.

At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'm back from Manchester. Lots of stuff happened but overall it was an excellent time! Some events there will make you wish you attended. I'm looking at you, Coop. :P

Better karaoke bar AND a gaming lounge. You missed out on so much, man.

You can be happy with that for the time being. BTW, I did not sing Iron Maiden on karaoke night. I'm saving it for London for you.

Same here. After my horrendous imitation of Dio, I really need to brush up my singing skills for Iron Maiden. Otherwise, it'll be another classic butchered. Now I wish I remember how good/bad I was when singing Ace of Spades.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 15:07:40

Awesome!

At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote: I understand that my parents were just trying to raise us equally and that we both have our good and bad qualities. They didn't want to make it seem like they preferred me over my brother or the other way around. I'm sure your parents must have had the same idea.
Perhaps I feel this way, because I've been drilled by mum that parenting is the most difficult job and you'll always get it wrong, no matter what you do.

Lol, well yeah it's a tough job but that's what you sign up for when you're having children.

But anyway, I guess your situation at home was much different from mine when we were kids.

At 1/17/11 01:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote: No, not if it goes via that program thingy you mentioned.
If it's for those with zero experience, then no. However, these places say experienced is essential/desirable so it's fucking catch 22 here.

Odd.

Yeah, the games have said to be an improvement as well as the new set of Pokemon. They can't beat the classics but they're easily better than the previous generation.

Agreed on that last bit. While I think the fourth gen games were pretty good (Platinum is at least), the pokemon set was pretty crap for the most part.

I heard the new gen had some new battling systems going with 3 vs 3 battles or something, and it's all a lot more dynamic.

Hell, he could probably earn a house with Scarlett if revenue improved as well as Scarlett having a job with a good pay. I don't know what Scarlett does in my life and quite frankly I don't want to know considering how much of a fucking whore she is. Her corruption on Spoony's site is to the point where I have to call her Scarlett the Harlot.

Yeah Spoony keeps mentioning her, but I still don't know who she is. All I know is that he often goes to the movies with her. I'm not assuming girlfriend, but it does sound like Spooney has a thing for her.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 16:50:43

3k saves.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 18:31:08

At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote: First thing is, I have received the key to my new apartment last Thursday and we have payed the rent for this month. So now it's officially me and my gf's place, . . .

Sweet! Sounds like you are well on your way.

Certainly an improvement from the golden gauntlet. Congrats

At 1/17/11 05:19 AM, Coop wrote: Why must you bring rocks into this? Everest grew by less than the height of Edmund Hillary between the time that he conquered it and his death, why does that make the climb seem inconsequential?

Well Everest wasn't growing by tremendous means while he was climbing it. I don't think I can even match his pace let alone close the gap. If you want me to talk more about rocks and B/P, it can be compared to Sisyphus as well. :P

The B/P summit is moving forward at a tremendous pace and I am still pursuing it.

Sir Edmund Coop

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 18:43:10

At 1/15/11 11:49 PM, gfoxcook wrote: 30,000 exp.

That is all. Till I level up in 2 days, that is!

Be back to catch-up tomorrow night, hopefully.

hi there, still about

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 19:51:58

That is all. Till I level up in 2 days, that is!

Be back to catch-up tomorrow night, hopefully.

Make that two nights from then, not one. CLOSE ENOUGH

Oh...
annnnnddddd....

LEVEL UP!

53. Not too shabby.

But level 55 is still what I'm holding out for. Come on, 2012, get here soon. #;-}>

:::begins catching up:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 20:11:10

At 1/17/11 07:51 PM, gfoxcook wrote: But level 55 is still what I'm holding out for. Come on, 2012, get here soon. #;-}>

Level 55 is a super sexy level.

But everything is much better with a Dark Aura.
At 1/17/11 02:58 PM, Cootie wrote: I always judge the flash by how hard I feel like they tried. Even if the flash isn't so good, but I can tell that they are new and they REALLY tried their hardest to make a good flash I will cut them a break and let it in and vote to save. But, if I can tell that they just rushed and tried to make a crappy game just for the sake of submitting a shitty game I will blam the crap out of it.

People that are new to flash usually put a lot of effort into there submissions. I put nearly 6 hours into my first attempt at a flash game, and it got blammed. So, personally, I think voting based on effort it a bad thing. If everybody did that, even more crap would pass.

At 1/15/11 08:58 PM, SeeD419 wrote: Another busy few days. Congrats and thanks to all of you.

I've slowed down immensely but I'm on the verge of three decent milestones, so...we'll see when I can get in some quality b/p time.

DO A LIST. They don't take that long to make.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 20:21:27

At 1/1/11 08:16 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:17 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 05:11 PM, Haggard wrote: I'm all out of cake right now, sorry. :(
I'M ALL OUT OF CAKE, TIME TO KICK ASS!
My gf wants to bake a cake today, you want some of it?

YES, PLZ. Oh wait, it's probably stale by now. ;_;

Where is it forbidden for the regulars of Wi/Ht? to get less gfox posts than they want? #;-}>
It's mentioned in the ToS.
The ToS can go fuck itself.
Yes, but you cannot violate the ToS!

BUT I HAVE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO! Now where's your ToS GOD?!

Personally, I use 24-hour time whenever possible, but I have to mentally convert all the time due to most damned Americans, yes.
I can convert between 12-hour-clock and 24-hour-clock without any trouble (after all, most wrist watches are 12-hour-clocks), but sometimes I am confused by this "am" and "pm" stuff. I don't even know what the hell "am" and "pm" means without looking it up. ^^

"before noon" and "after noon" in Latin.

"Wahrheitssprecher" just doesn't sound right in german, just like "truthsayer" doesn't sound right in english.
Not as common as truthspeaker, but I've heard truthsayer before. Sounds almost mystic/sage-like. #;-}>
"Wahrheitssprecher" on the other hand just sounds silly. :P

Well, they all sound silly to a non-German speaker, so rest assured. #;-}>

At 1/1/11 08:50 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:15 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 01:25 AM, SeeD419 wrote: I agree that it would be better if it was Coop, since he's actually a nice guy and is active on the BBS.
COOP FOR NG KING!
I shall wear my crown at a jaunty angle then.

First, paint your crown PINK AS HELL!

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Prince _Tavish's_Crown

Yeah, but we'd already forgotten what we said back then, so we need to be reminded.
So that's my job around here? Reminding you guys of old shit you said that you don't really need to remember? USELESS JOB. ;_;
So long as you're well paid for it, I wouldn't complain ;)

But soulsucking jobs, even if well-paid, are not healthy for ze human soul. ;_;

Is that a wistful "wishing people wouldn't quit NG" sigh or a "know it's gonna be a long time till I pass Pimp (if ever)" sigh? #;-}>
It's a wistful "I'll get you yet, you SoB!" sigh.

So kinda a mix. gotcha.

Coop's fine, just looks a bit naked without the numbers. Wish you'd gone with "coop" and joined us lower-casers. #;-}>
I couldn't do that - that would be like being naked and shaven. Naked is just taking the numbers off, lower case as well would be "on vacation" :P

Hahaha.

I pity them. Deep deep down.
No you don't! You enjoy their silly misinterpretations!
lolololololol *Troll faic*

SEE! I knews it!

(see pic at bottom of ze post for my graphical representation of you mocking the people misinterpreting you)

QUICK! ISCRULZ AND DREAMOFDUKE ARE BOTH LESS THAN 10 POINTS BEHIND YOU! GET A MOVE ON, COOP!
I think I've passed ReconRebel today as well :D 11th!

It worked!

At 1/1/11 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 12:31 PM, Bahamut wrote: True that. He left well before I even had a chance to discover this site. Heh, funny how his last post talks about him being 18th in the B/P ranks. That's where I am right now! I heard he had to leave NG due to paying too much attention on this site and not enough on his studies. I remember one user claiming that but it's hard to say if it's true or not. It's a shame he hasn't returned since.
Don't follow in his footsteps there just 'cause you're #18 in b/p, damnit! #;-}>
Hey, I'm not a student anymore.

Well, anyone can disappear from the site, not just students.

Yeah, he got in trouble with his parents for being on NG too much. He's a fucking adult by far now, so where the hell is he? GET BACK HERE, DAMNIT. #;-}>
I guess he just moved on from the site and realised that he's doing better without this site.

Pffft. Maybe he just got so used to not being here that by the time he was free to come back he'd forgotten about how much he enjoyed it here. I really doubt he thinks his life is actively "better" just because he's not on NG, and that's why he's avoiding it.

Just... forgot/got used to life without it. That's how most changes happen.

Yep, I went through all 16 episodes. I enjoyed them all but the ending to season 3 really irked me. However, I'm sure it's only a plot point for the fourth season. It'll be a while until the next season of Sam & Max, though. Right now Telltale Games are working on Back to the Future games and after that it'll be Jurassic Park. I'm hoping they do Sam & Max season 4 afterwards but I have a feeling we'll have more Monkey Island first. If Telltale have so many games to work on, I wonder if they can expand their company and be able to work on more than one game at a time.

Man, they're sure doing some movie game remakes, eh? All of those movies have had plenty of games already made, but I'm sure they can produce some of the best ones yet. Too bad they're such a small studio and can't get them all made at once, like Valve... oh wait. #;-}>

That isn't even manners at all. Who even uses their feet for knives and forks at a dinner table anyway?
A dragon who feels like it?
I don't see why any sane dragon would do that.

Again, who's going to stop them? #;-}>

VINTAGE HATS UNUSUAL HATS PAINTED HATS RENAMED HATS TRADING HATS

That good enough?
Getting there.

almost to the point of climax:::
DESCRIPTION TAGS!

Am I missing something?

Well, I was gonna say name tags and paint, but you already said "painted hats" and "renamed hats," so indirectly those have already been covered.

UNCRATING HATS, there we go. #;-}>

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 20:24:05

At 1/1/11 04:27 PM, Auz wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 10:08 AM, Auz wrote: You can retake the bet anytime you like ;)
I SHALL REFRAIN.
Pussy!

Pfft. Courage would be silly in the case of a 0% chance of winning bet. A fool or a moron would take such a wager!

Shame you've missed it. It was an interesting tour, the stage design was pretty cool as you probably already know. Oh well... you can always get the live Blu-ray at the Rosebowl. At least you'll experience it a little bit, if you have some decent speakers that is.

I saw the concert they performed live on YouTube, which was quite good. Not the same as being there, but got to experience the set list and all and see some of the visuals, so it was nice.

We have confirmed the problem then. Time to do something about it.
Please don't hack/steal my Steam account, sir! ;_;
I was actually thinking that we should nip it in the bud and just delete your accounts.

That's even worse. ;_; Blasphemer!

I don't hate prime numbers in general, though I don't particularly them, either.... as I like most evens better than odds, and odds that are divisible by lots of #s over ones that aren't... there's only one prime number I truly hate, and that'd be 37, of course. #;-}>
Ah, so we actually have some sort of order of which beats what.

Yes. The numbers hierarchy!

At 1/1/11 11:12 PM, Muffin wrote: I am now the meaning of life.

Congrats on level 42, but extra-special congrats on THE BEST LEVEL ICON IN THE 60-LEVEL SYSTEM ON NG. mmmmm, holy sword, I loves ya.

At 1/2/11 03:01 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:17 PM, gfoxcook wrote: SAVE A FAKE PLASTIC TREE! Radiohead would want you to!
Nice reference.

Why thankee. Been listening to the Bends some lately after neglecting all of it but Black Star for years.

</also no idea what's going on here... ;_;>
For the Biggest Slacker Award aka the Gfox award.

Ah.

At 1/2/11 06:36 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:15 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Well, I woke up early, went to work, discovered I was the only person there (coulda sworn they said NYE *wasn't* a holiday, but... ooops!)... came back home and got some breakfast out of it the pointless commute, at least.
lol that's funny. I've done shit like that before.

Fun stuff, eh? I avoided doing it today on MLK day, at least. Plus, I'm still kinda sick, so double excuse to stay home in any event.

Haha yeah pots not really all that great. Don't care for it much these days but alas, my username remains. Maybe I can make up some other meaning for it, lol. I played final fantasy 5,6,7,8,9, and 10. Loved them. SeeD was obviously from FF8, and it was a song by a trendy weird rock group in the 90s.

Well, it IS only 419 in yer name and not 420, so you could always deny it's a 420 reference. People will still figure that it is one like I did, but if you deny it, maybe half of 'em will believe ya, who knows. #;-}>

Not me, I see it as seed. If it was CD, it'd be spelled CD. Sheeshers.
IKR

R!

Sure it does. My first initial, my internet nickname from the days of my first internet home (an X-Files forum/chatroom on Prodigy in the early/mid 90s), and my last name.
I see. The x-files forum is pretty funny, lol. Did you guys discuss the weekly events of Mulder and Scully? I could never watch that show, the theme song gives me the creeps...

IS? That place has been dead for over a decade. Are you referring to an X-Files topic here on NG or something? #;-}>

Yeah, pretty much. The night of the show we'd start a chat room during the episode and IM all night afterwards. During the rest of the week, we were mostly off-topic, though.

seed, seed, seed!
Tom, Wade, liljim!

only liljim. He passes the lowercase name test, the Fulps, alas, do not. ;_;

At 1/13/11 01:52 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/12/11 03:18 AM, Coop wrote: reverend: 31,000 B/P - That saddens me that you're hoping to retire from B/Ping.
Good time have to end some time. After 10k Blams I'll see where I'm at. I might shoot for 37k B/P in honor of gfox or hover at Top 100. It just depends.

In HONOUR of me?!?! more like DIShonour. ;_;

At 1/13/11 04:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/13/11 02:15 AM, gamejunkie wrote:
At 1/12/11 11:39 AM, Bahamut wrote: You would if the majority of voters weren't retards!
^^ This comment 100% correct. ^^ This is why I like you guys, (Coop, Auz, Reverend, LittleWashu, and a few others), you have the right attitude, even when you know most times its not going to help you still vote 0 or 1, I applaude your stand.
Thank you very much for standing against this as well. I may be retired from the portal but I'll still do what I can on my Toohot100 alt. The retarded voters were what made my retirement hard to reach on that day and it was even to the point if one particular flash passed, I would have quit NG for good. Even gfox was ready to do that as well. Good thing the crappy flash got blammed.

Hm? I don't remember ever being so up in arms about one specific flash that I threatened to quit NG. Not saying it didn't happen/I didn't agree/say that... just... can't remember. O_o

At 1/16/11 05:20 AM, Coop wrote: gfoxcook: 30,000 Experience; 30k triplelisted

Thankee kindly, good sir! Especially for reminding me of that latter side-achievement. Hadn't thought of that (recently). #;-}>

At 1/16/11 06:48 AM, Jolly wrote: Congrats to:
gfoxcook: 30,000 Experience

Thank yew!

That is a grand milestone.

:::bows::: 3000 fucking days of depositing. Coulda been 3900+ days by now, but hey... the more I deposit, the smaller the deficit becomes (%-wise, that is #;-}>).

Certainly beats back when I had 100 deposits in instead of 1000, that's for sure. 10% deposit rate. ;_;

At 1/17/11 06:43 PM, jonthomson wrote:
hi there, still about

YAY, JONTHOMSON. Riiiiiise from the grave! #;-}>

At 1/17/11 08:11 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 1/17/11 07:51 PM, gfoxcook wrote: But level 55 is still what I'm holding out for. Come on, 2012, get here soon. #;-}>

Aye... that it is.

Says you!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 23:21:32

Level up, 28.

Now for another eternity for 29....

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-17 23:51:20

New rank: Police Captain.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 00:02:02

Level 43!

Ignore this signature.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 00:55:16

Level 11. Parting is such sweet sorrow to the pervious level T_T

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 04:14:55

Congrats to:
Cootie: 2,000 Blams
Valjylmyr: Level 18
High-Dark: Top 900 in B/P
Tycrane: 3,000 Saves
gfoxcook: Level 53
BrianEtrius: Level 28
Kauvin: Police Captain
DrHood: Level 43
hiddeninthecrowd: 9,000 Post and Level 15
SplashWoman: Level 11
Flee: Top 500 in Experience

At 1/17/11 08:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/17/11 08:11 PM, Jolly wrote:
Aye... that it is.

I think I like level 56 a bit more, though. Level 55 is my 2nd favorite.

Says you!

Well, honestly.. There's a level or two I think Neutral looks better with, like Level 44... But it's only slightly better.

Dark is the best aura.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 04:18:24

Listening to:
Torfrock - N Lüttn Du
Torfrock - Rockerfee

At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote: Sorry for slacking a bit with the replies here lately. I have some good excuses.

Sounds really nice.
We are looking for a new apartment as well, hopefully we find something bigger soon. ^^

At 1/14/11 12:21 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/13/11 04:46 PM, Auz wrote: I don't know how much you paid for it...
About 25 Euros.
That sounds like a good deal for seven CCR albums.

Yes. I've seen the box with LPs a few years ago and I think it cost about 70 Euros... but that would still be a reasonable price for 7 albums.

Well if she's working 9 to 5 every day of the week, then it might be a problem. But if she's a part-timer, there must be an oppertunity to use the car from time to time. Unless your schedule coincides with hers.
9 to 5? You wish... her regular work schedule is from 8 to 4, but most of the time she works until 5 or even longer. Plus, she has to work on some weekends and sometimes even night shift. (after all, she works as a medical doctor in a hospital ;) ).
As a doctor? Nice!

Yeah, still assistant doctor but at least she gets payed quite good for it (even though the payment could be a bit higher, lol).

32.000? Holy shit 0.0
Big city, big Uni. ^^
Yeah. I'm sure the universities in Amsterdam and Rotterdam have many students as well, but Delft is not even that much of a city.

But it has a "leaning tower" as well.

I think the Technical University of Delft only has about 15.000 students or so. Then again, Germany probably has 5 times as many students in total.
Yeah, maybe. There is also a Technical University in Hamburg, but I don't know how many students it has.
So Hamburg has two universities?

Three. :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_i n_Hamburg#Universities

Well that's not too bad. It's about 1 hour and 30 minutes for me, but once I have moved to The Hague it's no more than about 50 minutes.
Lol, I always have to stop and think which city is meant by "The Hague". ^^
I guess in Germany it might also be known as 'Den Haag'.

Yes. Even though most people don't pronpunce it the right way.

1 hour 30 minutes can be quite long when you are riding a train.
It's not only the train. It's about 30 minutes bus, 15 minutes subway, 15 minutes train and 30 minutes walking and waiting in between.

Yeah, this is quite annoying. I only have to change once from the bus to the train. Most of the time I don't have to wait that long. But there's a train every ten minutes anyway.

Wait, David Hasslehoff? 0.o
I always thought it was this guy.
Oh, Peter Maffay and his singing wart.

I think David's german is better than Peter's...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmibSTB5G HI
Lol. I didn't know David could actually sing. I do know he tried a singing career once, but... it didn't work out :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsF F8

Lol, I wonder how high the budget for the video was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKPwFEPsu eU

But that's a pretty new song, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5rIbnD_
P4

Nice jacket. ^^

All I know about the Hoff is that he is a washed up B-grade actor who used to play in series like Baywatch and Knight Rider. I used to watch Knight Rider as a kid, but I have no idea if it was such a good series or not. Probably not.

Hey, I have all 4 seasons of Knight Rider on DVD. It's great!

At 1/16/11 12:09 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/16/11 11:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I thought I forgot him forever.
LOL! Again.
For this, you'll forever acknowledge Manowar!

NEVER!

Baaaaah, you are right about this. We know Coop is strongly against our idea.
Maybe we can bribe him?
Coop doesn't take bribes, unless you can get him higher up in the EXP ranks.

Then we have to kidnap him. :/

But not the worst, right?
Well... better than Justin Bieber at least. But that isn't saying much.
At least they're not the worst.

They're close, though.

I know those three bands. I only have one Agent Steel album but Unstoppable Force is SPEED FUCKING METAL!
Sounds good. I'm more into Thrash, but Speed is good as well.
Thrash and speed are similar enough. Give Chosen to Stay a listen to so you know what the general sound of the band as well as the vocalist is like.

The band sounds great. The vocalist... well, it takes time to get used to his voice. ^^

I was sceptical when I read about them, I think I put them near the bottom of my "bands to check out" list.
I wouldn't blame you for putting them on a low priority. The songs seem to be hit and miss for metal fans. Even if their own songs aren't so good, the live album is still highly recommended. Here is Dies Irae metalized!

Sounds interesting. I guess it's one of those bands where I think: "Oh yeah, I might watch them if I don't have anything else to do" and then end up not watching them because I completly forgot at which time they are supposed to play. >_>

At 1/17/11 08:21 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/1/11 08:16 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:17 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 05:11 PM, Haggard wrote: I'm all out of cake right now, sorry. :(
I'M ALL OUT OF CAKE, TIME TO KICK ASS!
My gf wants to bake a cake today, you want some of it?
YES, PLZ. Oh wait, it's probably stale by now. ;_;

I put some in the freezer, but I don't know if that helped at all. :/

Where is it forbidden for the regulars of Wi/Ht? to get less gfox posts than they want? #;-}>
It's mentioned in the ToS.
The ToS can go fuck itself.
Yes, but you cannot violate the ToS!
BUT I HAVE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO! Now where's your ToS GOD?!

BLASPHEMY! You'll feel the consequences of your actions soon enough!

Personally, I use 24-hour time whenever possible, but I have to mentally convert all the time due to most damned Americans, yes.
I can convert between 12-hour-clock and 24-hour-clock without any trouble (after all, most wrist watches are 12-hour-clocks), but sometimes I am confused by this "am" and "pm" stuff. I don't even know what the hell "am" and "pm" means without looking it up. ^^
"before noon" and "after noon" in Latin.

I figured that, but I don't know how to write it in latin. :P

"Wahrheitssprecher" just doesn't sound right in german, just like "truthsayer" doesn't sound right in english.
Not as common as truthspeaker, but I've heard truthsayer before. Sounds almost mystic/sage-like. #;-}>
"Wahrheitssprecher" on the other hand just sounds silly. :P
Well, they all sound silly to a non-German speaker, so rest assured. #;-}>

Oh. :(

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 05:38:24

Coop stops mid-flow for an impromptu sing song. Congratulations to:
Cootie: 2,000 Blams
Valjylmyr: Level 18
High-Dark: Top 900 B/Per
Tycrane: 3,000 Saves
gfoxcook: Level 53
BrianEtrius: Level 28
DrHood: Level 43
hiddeninthecrowd: Level 15; 9,000 Posts
SplashWoman: Level 11
Flee: Top 500 Experienced

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Aces High
John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Gun - Word Up
Metallica - Jump In The Fire
Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights

Thank you to:
Jolly
Odyssic
Bahamut
Auz
reverend

At 1/17/11 12:46 PM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 1/16/11 02:54 PM, LittleWashu wrote: True but that would only be for those who actually pay attention and flag the abusive flash. Many people just let a lot of abusive flash pass for the protect point even if they do know it is abusive. Plus they would have to vote 0 or 1 to get the point otherwise they would only get whistle points.
Hopefully cause seeing so much garbage passing when it should be blammed in not only wrong, but it is like telling a teacher someone is bullying you only for them to give the bully a pat on the back and serve the innocent the punishment.

Yeah, but looking at the reviews that people have been leaving for Dot Dot Dot, you would think that the review system was in worse repair than the B/P system.

And already I'm used to your golden trident. That reminds me, 39 days to go until I reach the golden age.

Well, that will leave me under 100 days to my next target :P

Better karaoke bar AND a gaming lounge. You missed out on so much, man.

Yeah, but that just raises the bar for London. Plus, you're an hilarious drunk, so expect that to be exploited!

Same here. After my horrendous imitation of Dio, I really need to brush up my singing skills for Iron Maiden. Otherwise, it'll be another classic butchered. Now I wish I remember how good/bad I was when singing Ace of Spades.

Guinness + Ace of Spades = Good Times!

At 1/17/11 03:07 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/16/11 01:01 PM, Auz wrote: I understand that my parents were just trying to raise us equally and that we both have our good and bad qualities. They didn't want to make it seem like they preferred me over my brother or the other way around. I'm sure your parents must have had the same idea.
Lol, well yeah it's a tough job but that's what you sign up for when you're having children.

But anyway, I guess your situation at home was much different from mine when we were kids.

Life always is - some day, perhaps I'll write a book on it :P

At 1/17/11 06:31 PM, reverend wrote:
At 1/17/11 05:19 AM, Coop wrote: Why must you bring rocks into this? Everest grew by less than the height of Edmund Hillary between the time that he conquered it and his death, why does that make the climb seem inconsequential?
Well Everest wasn't growing by tremendous means while he was climbing it. I don't think I can even match his pace let alone close the gap. If you want me to talk more about rocks and B/P, it can be compared to Sisyphus as well. :P

Sir Edmund Coop

Alongside his trust guide, Sherpa Tensing byteslinger?

At 1/17/11 08:21 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/1/11 08:50 AM, Coop wrote:
At 12/31/10 12:15 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/6/10 01:25 AM, SeeD419 wrote: I agree that it would be better if it was Coop, since he's actually a nice guy and is active on the BBS.
COOP FOR NG KING!
I shall wear my crown at a jaunty angle then.
First, paint your crown PINK AS HELL!

What? I'm neutral, so green all the way. Yellow is just a proto-green.

I pity them. Deep deep down.
No you don't! You enjoy their silly misinterpretations!
lolololololol *Troll faic*
SEE! I knews it!

(see pic at bottom of ze post for my graphical representation of you mocking the people misinterpreting you)

Yes, with the exception that the troll faic should be replaced with my own face :P

QUICK! ISCRULZ AND DREAMOFDUKE ARE BOTH LESS THAN 10 POINTS BEHIND YOU! GET A MOVE ON, COOP!
I think I've passed ReconRebel today as well :D 11th!
It worked!

Balderdash! I would have passed him anyway, since he's going backwards for points.

At 1/17/11 08:24 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 1/16/11 05:20 AM, Coop wrote: gfoxcook: 30,000 Experience; 30k triplelisted
Thankee kindly, good sir! Especially for reminding me of that latter side-achievement. Hadn't thought of that (recently). #;-}>

I should be 4x20k listed before your next catchup :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-18 08:27:48

LEVEL 17

BBS Signature