00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,753,334 Views | 87,867 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 02:11:41

At 1/3/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote: I think he spun the decks, because he thought that they drove conveyor belts to bring him more food.

Just don't mention anything relating to frozen peas or he'll go on a rant. :P

At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: Ah well. Funny how at one point I thought we had too many people making congrats lists. Now we have Coop, Odyssic, Jolly and SeeD. I'd say that's a manageable number.

I thought there was just enough since Seed and Jolly are really inconsistent compared to Sir-Nuts, Rohan, and TPM when they did lists. It seems a little empty but the LUL seems more lounge like now.

No, that's six years time.

The lack of sleep was killing me and my math skills. :S

At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote: Well I don't see myself having any babies either in the next few years. In fact, me and my gf have pretty much already agreed that we don't want any children.

Never say never, unless you have a vesicostomy (or a pair of sharp scissors).

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 04:56:17

I'm kind of in a posting mood at the moment, so I'm going to make a list a day or so earlier than I normally would.

Congrats to:
1337Ratez2k9: Private/54,000 Medal points
Hacsev: 63,000 Medal Points/Level 31/10,000 Experience
Death: Police Sergeant
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 47,000 B/P
Hybrid-Of-Souls: Level 35
Kauvin: 74,000 Medal Points
Corky-D: Corporal
XwaynecoltX: 22,000 Blams
WeirdAlthe3rd: 27,000 Medal Points
Helloween: 15,000 Experience

At 1/4/11 02:11 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: Ah well. Funny how at one point I thought we had too many people making congrats lists. Now we have Coop, Odyssic, Jolly and SeeD. I'd say that's a manageable number.
I thought there was just enough since Seed and Jolly are really inconsistent compared to Sir-Nuts, Rohan, and TPM when they did lists. It seems a little empty but the LUL seems more lounge like now.

I may start making a list more often. It's really annoying spending as long as I normally do making a list, and making them more often will probably make it slightly less of an annoyance.

At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: The BBS awards were posted last night. The thread's here but Poozy wasn't happy.

I'm a bit annoyed and disappointed at the results of Most improved, and it's not because I didn't win it. I honestly don't see how either Ptero or Twilight has improved at all, unless the term "Most improved" is referring to popularity, and if that's the case, Ptero probably did deserve to win it.

At 1/2/11 07:08 AM, Jolly wrote: Sorry for the lack of thanking anybody on my last two list. I've been to lazy to do it.. I'll get to it eventually.

Let me rephrase that, I MAY get to it eventually.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 08:21:00

Thanks for voting, Hacsev! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 10,000 experience points. You need 670 more to get to Level 32. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 15 hours, 42 minutes, and 28 seconds.

This means I am now entering the Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post list, right Bahamut?

Thanks to Jolly for already congratulating me on my achievement!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 08:23:51

4,000 exp.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 08:58:52

Predictably, on the first day back in work, Coop congratulates the following during lunch:
WeirdAlthe3rd: 27,000 B/P
Hacsev: Level 31; 10,000 Experience
Helloween: 15,000 Experience
1337Ratez2k9: 54,000 Medal Points
Domo: 4,000 Experience

At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/3/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/2/11 09:57 AM, Bahamut wrote: You mean me do a karaoke of it in London?
Now that's tempting, but I have other plans for then. I'm thinking of taking on MeatLoaf, because Bex thinks I can't manage it.
Sing Bat Out of Hell or else! >:(

I thought for a moment that you were going to give me a difficult song to sing ;)

At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/3/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/2/11 01:13 PM, Auz wrote: My bro will be 23 by then. Nowadays that's a little bit young to have children, but who knows...
My brother was 24 - it's not that much of a stretch. I know of two families that settled down and had their first child before 20. Those people are nuts, IMHO.
But I'm guessing that was already some time ago?

A few years back, but they gave up their young adulthood to become parents. Mid-20s onwards isn't bad for having kids, but you've got to have some experience to pass onto your sprogs.

I don't know, maybe if we didn't go studying and just went looking for a job after school, then we might have been more interested in having children at this point. But since we're students, we simply can not afford having a baby.

Thankfully, I procrastinate, rather than procreate :P

At 1/3/11 06:33 AM, Coop wrote: I think he spun the decks, because he thought that they drove conveyor belts to bring him more food.
Just don't mention anything relating to frozen peas or he'll go on a rant. :P

I wonder why *Peter Griffin's "I shouldn't do this, but I'm going to do it anyway" slomo*

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 10:44:01

Top 1000 in B/p Ranks!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 10:52:58

The cold I have can go fuck itself.

Listening to:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Thanks to:

Coop
Odyssic

At 1/3/11 12:09 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/1/11 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Of course. If both left, that's two more ranks for all of us.
Yes, two ranks we could claim in a few years.

You only wish at least one of them could have stopped depositing after reaching level 60.

Oh, turns out she falsely accepted to a proposal in the General forum. All is good again.
YAY!

You know, suddendly I have this line in my head... "So I start a revolution from my bed". Seems to fit here quite well. ^^

Me and Gagsy will have our revolution in bed. :P

At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: I dunno, I hate the thought of asking for a raise.
Well it can't hurt to ask.

It's one of those things you shouldn't really ask for.

As far as the last part goes and just focusing on the main plot, the pacing was fair. The only way he could have made the review longer is by covering more sidequests but the American version of FFX lacks the dark aeons. Even if you don't like FFX as a whole, you have to give credit to the challenge it provides for the dark aeons. I'd bring up Nemesis but catching ten of every fiend CAN be tedious. That I can easily understand.
I think he generally did not want to focus that much on sidequests this time. Of course he dealt with Blitzball, but that was actually part of the main story as well.

Yeah, the Blitzball is unavoidable, sadly. It's even worse when you want Wakka's celestial weapon. That requires GAMES and GAMES of Blitzball! It's so bad I feel like making a separate save file so whenever I play through FFX, I can easily skip Blitzball.

The going apeshit moments had its better days with AVGN and Nostalgia Critic. These days I just can't see anyone doing anything that hasn't been done yet with losing sanity over games, movies or whatever. It's the same reason why I no longer come across any new good reviewers. The whole angry reviewing has died down with the exception of some individuals.
Agreed on that. I know they're trying to make a point about how bad the game is, but the joke is simply getting old by now. And the fact that the majority of those reviewers aren't that good at acting doesn't help either.

I think all we need to point at for bad acting is an irate gamer. :P

At 1/4/11 04:56 AM, Jolly wrote:
At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: The BBS awards were posted last night. The thread's here but Poozy wasn't happy.
I'm a bit annoyed and disappointed at the results of Most improved, and it's not because I didn't win it. I honestly don't see how either Ptero or Twilight has improved at all, unless the term "Most improved" is referring to popularity, and if that's the case, Ptero probably did deserve to win it.

I highly doubt Twilight has improved after throwing the awards away. Shame you didn't get far for that award.

At 1/4/11 08:21 AM, Hacsev wrote: This means I am now entering the Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post list, right Bahamut?

Yep, welcome to the Pentalist!

At 1/4/11 08:58 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: Sing Bat Out of Hell or else! >:(
I thought for a moment that you were going to give me a difficult song to sing ;)

If that's easy for you, how can you say no?

At 1/4/11 10:15 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wonder if this for movies will be better then last year. The only movies I liked were Kick-ass and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Last year was mainly 3D bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing worth watching in 2011. I'm beginning to think the movie industry is close to death. As crazy as that sounds, I think that because there's hardly any original ideas coming up and it seems Hollywood are now relying more and more on remakes. Well, Hollywood movies could be considered dead anyway.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 11:55:09

You passed 38000 B/P! Congrats!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 12:27:15

lvl 22 finally!

Wow Im so retired that Ive spent exactly 6 months to go from lvl 21 to 22... anyway still an achievement

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 13:18:07

Just got 10k experience or 1000 days of depositing. Woo.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 14:11:58

At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote: Well I don't see myself having any babies either in the next few years. In fact, me and my gf have pretty much already agreed that we don't want any children.
Never say never, unless you have a vesicostomy (or a pair of sharp scissors).

I know, we also said that we might think differently in ten years or so. However, my girlfriend seems a bit afraid to have a baby, plus she's an only child and those kind of people tend not to be so interested in having children. But time will tell.

Also, a pair of sharp scissors? That sounds like a reeeaaaaally bad idea.

At 1/4/11 08:21 AM, Hacsev wrote: Thanks for voting, Hacsev! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 10,000 experience points. You need 670 more to get to Level 32. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 15 hours, 42 minutes, and 28 seconds.

This means I am now entering the Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post list, right Bahamut?
Thanks to Jolly for already congratulating me on my achievement!

Congrats and welcome to the pentalist! ^^

At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote: But I'm guessing that was already some time ago?
A few years back, but they gave up their young adulthood to become parents. Mid-20s onwards isn't bad for having kids, but you've got to have some experience to pass onto your sprogs.

It used to be normal. I think you should be fine with life experience as well, but more is always better of course.

The only thing is though that there are so many things you could still do when you're in your 20's. Things that you might never be able to do anymore once you have kids.

At 1/4/11 10:15 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wonder if this for movies will be better then last year. The only movies I liked were Kick-ass and Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Last year was mainly 3D bullshit.

I don't know, but I saw plenty of films I liked this year. If you liked those two then surely you must've appreciated a film like Machete as well?

At 1/4/11 10:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote: Well it can't hurt to ask.
It's one of those things you shouldn't really ask for.

If your co-workers would get a raise at that point, I guess it's only fair that you would get one as well. Although if you're not really planning on working there for at least the next ten years or so, it might not be of much use to ask for a raise.

I think he generally did not want to focus that much on sidequests this time. Of course he dealt with Blitzball, but that was actually part of the main story as well.
Yeah, the Blitzball is unavoidable, sadly. It's even worse when you want Wakka's celestial weapon. That requires GAMES and GAMES of Blitzball! It's so bad I feel like making a separate save file so whenever I play through FFX, I can easily skip Blitzball.

The most tedious celestial weapon quest still sounded like that lightning bolts dodging to me. I don't see why anyone would ever go through that.

Agreed on that. I know they're trying to make a point about how bad the game is, but the joke is simply getting old by now. And the fact that the majority of those reviewers aren't that good at acting doesn't help either.

Well apparently he is still able to act in such a way that he fools people into thinking he played the games he reviews.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-04 18:37:18

HOLY SHIT! I FINALLY GOT 1,000 POSTS! WOO FUCKING HOO! I CAN FEEL MY E-PENIS ERECT WITH EXCITEMENT! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I FINALLY FEEL LIKE A NEWGROUNDS REGULAR!!!! NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I NEED TO GO GET A GIRLFRIEND...

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.' - Samuel Johnson

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 00:36:55

Level 16.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 00:42:55

According to NG time, I've officially had my account for 3 years.

DAMN IT FEELS LONGER.

Am I experienced user now?

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 01:06:51

At 1/4/11 04:56 AM, Jolly wrote: I may start making a list more often. It's really annoying spending as long as I normally do making a list, and making them more often will probably make it slightly less of an annoyance.

You don't really have to do everyone where you left off. Just go back a day or two and pick up there. After three days I think most people stop caring about their achievement.

At 1/4/11 02:11 PM, Auz wrote: I know, we also said that we might think differently in ten years or so. However, my girlfriend seems a bit afraid to have a baby, plus she's an only child and those kind of people tend not to be so interested in having children. But time will tell.

I'm far from ready for a child myself. I'm single and not mingling. Good for my sister, but it's not for me.

Maybe if you are quick about it, shouldn't be too bad.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 01:36:46

Level 20

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 04:15:19

Listening to:

Communic - Waves of Visual Decay

At 1/4/11 02:11 PM, Auz wrote:
At 1/4/11 10:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's one of those things you shouldn't really ask for.
If your co-workers would get a raise at that point, I guess it's only fair that you would get one as well. Although if you're not really planning on working there for at least the next ten years or so, it might not be of much use to ask for a raise.

And for that school I only have two months left. Again, I might be kept on but there's no guarantees. I should be looking for a new job.

The most tedious celestial weapon quest still sounded like that lightning bolts dodging to me. I don't see why anyone would ever go through that.

Actually, yes. If you fuck up once it's back to square fucking zero. I'm just glad I never cared for Lulu. The better option would be to make a custom weapon for her.

Well apparently he is still able to act in such a way that he fools people into thinking he played the games he reviews.

He fools the less intelligent individuals. :P

At 1/5/11 12:42 AM, Kevin wrote:
Am I experienced user now?

I'll say yes to make you happy.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 06:19:59

Congrats to:
Domo: 4,000 Experience
High-Dark: Top 1,000 B/P
Hacsev: 38,000 B/P
Raizen-Pyro: Level 22
xRiskiiyxBlaze: Level 16
SCTE3: 50 Art Reviews
Kevin: 3 years on NG

Achievement of the Day:
Domo: Level 20

Domo gets the Achievement of the Day because Level 20 is his favorite level. I probably won't do the "Achievement of the day" daily.

Should I continue making list daily? Well, I probably won't make them daily, but I'll try to make them more often. Lately I've been making them every 4 days.

At 1/4/11 10:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing worth watching in 2011. I'm beginning to think the movie industry is close to death. As crazy as that sounds, I think that because there's hardly any original ideas coming up and it seems Hollywood are now relying more and more on remakes. Well, Hollywood movies could be considered dead anyway.

The image below shows how original Hollywood is today.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 08:06:00

Coop descends into self pity after a car crash, but rallies a little to congratulate:
High-Dark: Top 1,000 B/P
Hacsev: 38,000 B/P
Raizen-Pyro: Level 22
Mich: 10,000 Experience
The3DragonsGroup: 1,000 Posts
xRiskiiyxBlaze: Level 16
Kevin: 3rd NG Berfday
Domo: Level 20

At 1/4/11 10:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/3/11 09:46 AM, Bahamut wrote: Sing Bat Out of Hell or else! >:(
If that's easy for you, how can you say no?

I could certainly be performing that, come August.

At 1/3/11 12:49 PM, Auz wrote: But I'm guessing that was already some time ago?
It used to be normal.

Yeah, back when life expectancy was about 35-40 years.

I think you should be fine with life experience as well, but more is always better of course.

The only thing is though that there are so many things you could still do when you're in your 20's. Things that you might never be able to do anymore once you have kids.

Exactly - you can still be a gamer when you've got kids, so long as you can be AFK for a short while for nappies, screaming infants and so forth.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 09:50:25

Level 40 today :( I well preferred the 39 symbol

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 11:11:11

Hello Wi/Ht?'ers, I have 12,000 EXP.

Interesting.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 11:22:14

Hm, all this talking about children here... in a few months I become uncle for the 5th time! Yes, that's right.
However, the first two children where already born when I met my gf (yes, technically I'm not the uncle of my gf's niece and nephew, but we have been together for such a long time, plus we are getting married in march, so...). My gf has two sisters, both are older than her. Those two kids I mentioned in the previous sentence are the children of the eldest sister.
My brother became a father in 2008.
The second sister of my gf became a mother in 2010.
The gf of my brother is pregnant again. I don't know when the delivery date is, but I guess it's somewhere around march, april or may.

wow, "delivery date" sounds like "delivering a parcel"...

Listening to:
The Doors - People Are Strange
The Doors - When the Music's Over
Tocotronic - Diverse Menschen Deiner Stadt
Anfall - Geld Macht Wahnsinn

At 1/3/11 12:09 PM, Haggard wrote: Listening to:
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Run Through The Jungle
My favorite Creedence song ^^

Hm, I haven't deiced yet which my favorite song is, but "Fortunate Son" is pretty high up on the list. ^^

Actually, I have often saved myself shitloads of time by simply not reading the instructions and just do whatever's logical. I never read tutorials in games either :p On Newgrounds I do occasionally find that I should've though.

Yes, but sometimes that won't get you very far. What's even worse: I read the instruction manual of my mp3 player, but only learned by accident that it has a key lock!

I know what you mean. I hate that so fucking much, when they cut out the ending solo. Or just start blabbering through it. I know that in Smells Like Teen Spirit for example, they often even cut out the second couplet and just go straight into the shortened guitar solo.

Same with movies on TV. I hate it when they put a commercial in the final shot of the movie or some stupid announcer babbles something about what's on later on the station. >:(

That's probably the biggest problem I have with radio stations these days, apart from the overload of commercials and news updates.

Lol, my biggest problem with radio stations is the shitty music they play. ^^
I only listen to a station that is an "informational station", they don't have anything else but news and other 'shows' where they only talk (some of them are really interesting and I have some added to my newsfeed reader, so I can download the episodes as podcasts), but no music is played, except for some evening shows like 'Jazz Classics'. Oh, and they have the "night lounge" with - sometimes VERY strange - music from 2am to 4 am.

At least you have something of a B-sides though. Occasionally artists added some nice tracks to that side.
Yes, but on a CD they can add it as well. :P
But those are usually just 'part of the album' then, right?

They are still called "B-Side", even though technically there's no B-Side anymore.

At 1/4/11 10:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: The cold I have can go fuck itself.

I think it rather fucks you.

At 1/1/11 11:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: Of course. If both left, that's two more ranks for all of us.
Yes, two ranks we could claim in a few years.
You only wish at least one of them could have stopped depositing after reaching level 60.

Preferrably Pimp, because it's time for a new number one. Even though bomb has been #1 at some point...

Oh, turns out she falsely accepted to a proposal in the General forum. All is good again.
YAY!

You know, suddendly I have this line in my head... "So I start a revolution from my bed". Seems to fit here quite well. ^^
Me and Gagsy will have our revolution in bed. :P

I'm fine with that, as long as I don't have to watch. :P

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 11:33:28

Level 10
listening to: Foxy lady - Jimi Hendrix

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 12:16:13

Achievement Unlocked: Praporshchik

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 16:19:00

At 1/5/11 01:06 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/4/11 02:11 PM, Auz wrote: I know, we also said that we might think differently in ten years or so. However, my girlfriend seems a bit afraid to have a baby, plus she's an only child and those kind of people tend not to be so interested in having children. But time will tell.
I'm far from ready for a child myself. I'm single and not mingling. Good for my sister, but it's not for me.

Yeah it'll take a while then. Even if you just had a girlfriend, having a serious talk about kids is not exactly something you'd do in the first stages of your relationship.

Maybe if you are quick about it, shouldn't be too bad.

No, that sounds like a very bad idea, no matter how you do it.

At 1/5/11 04:15 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/4/11 02:11 PM, Auz wrote: If your co-workers would get a raise at that point, I guess it's only fair that you would get one as well. Although if you're not really planning on working there for at least the next ten years or so, it might not be of much use to ask for a raise.
And for that school I only have two months left. Again, I might be kept on but there's no guarantees. I should be looking for a new job.

Ah so it was only a temporary contract. I thought you might have signed for an undetermined amount of time or something, considering you're not going back to studying or anything... At least, last time I checked you didn't.

Actually, yes. If you fuck up once it's back to square fucking zero. I'm just glad I never cared for Lulu. The better option would be to make a custom weapon for her.

And I heard you had to dodge 300 bolts in a row or something. I don't know what the creators were thinking with that quest. It's not like it's any fun.

Is the celestial weapon that much better than any custom weapon you can make?

He fools the less intelligent individuals. :P

And the ones without an eye for acting performances.

At 1/5/11 08:06 AM, Coop wrote:
At 1/4/11 08:58 AM, Coop wrote: A few years back, but they gave up their young adulthood to become parents. Mid-20s onwards isn't bad for having kids, but you've got to have some experience to pass onto your sprogs.
It used to be normal.
Yeah, back when life expectancy was about 35-40 years.

No, not that far back :p

I'm pretty sure a lot of people from my parents generation had their first kid in their early 20's. Before that, families often consisted of more than four children, so they had to start early.

I think you should be fine with life experience as well, but more is always better of course.

Exactly - you can still be a gamer when you've got kids, so long as you can be AFK for a short while for nappies, screaming infants and so forth.

Hmm, you better not take your gaming frustations out on your kids then. I know some people can get really worked up about losing a game. I can imagine things might start to get ugly when their kid starts whining as well.

At 1/5/11 11:22 AM, Haggard wrote: Hm, all this talking about children here... in a few months I become uncle for the 5th time! Yes, that's right.

So, what's it like to be an uncle? It'd sound pretty weird to me if some kid called me uncle for the first time.

My favorite Creedence song ^^
Hm, I haven't deiced yet which my favorite song is, but "Fortunate Son" is pretty high up on the list. ^^

That seems to be everyone's favorite Creedence Song. I like it very much as well, but after Run Through The Jungle I'd pick Born On The Bayou as my second favorite.

Actually, I have often saved myself shitloads of time by simply not reading the instructions and just do whatever's logical. I never read tutorials in games either :p On Newgrounds I do occasionally find that I should've though.
Yes, but sometimes that won't get you very far. What's even worse: I read the instruction manual of my mp3 player, but only learned by accident that it has a key lock!

Lol :p

Come on, an MP3 player can't be that hard to operate. I have more trouble operating our TV nowadays since there are three remote controls for it =/

I know what you mean. I hate that so fucking much, when they cut out the ending solo. Or just start blabbering through it. I know that in Smells Like Teen Spirit for example, they often even cut out the second couplet and just go straight into the shortened guitar solo.
Same with movies on TV. I hate it when they put a commercial in the final shot of the movie or some stupid announcer babbles something about what's on later on the station. >:(

Oh yes, that annoys the hell out of me as well. You have this very powerful, intense, emotional scene and then some loud commercial goes: "THIS FILM IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY...!!!".

Indeed, they always stick these commercials in the last five minutes of the film, even when the film was already supposed to end according to the TV guide...

That's probably the biggest problem I have with radio stations these days, apart from the overload of commercials and news updates.
Lol, my biggest problem with radio stations is the shitty music they play. ^^
I only listen to a station that is an "informational station", they don't have anything else but news and other 'shows' where they only talk (some of them are really interesting and I have some added to my newsfeed reader, so I can download the episodes as podcasts), but no music is played, except for some evening shows like 'Jazz Classics'. Oh, and they have the "night lounge" with - sometimes VERY strange - music from 2am to 4 am.

Well, I only listen to the radio when I'm driving, and talkshows / news are generally not the things I'd like to listen to there.

We used to have a channel called Arrow Classic Rock, which played some pretty sweet music. But they are now only available via the cable, so I'm stuck with shittier channels. One is alright though, it broadcasts 80s and 90s music mostly which is cool sometimes. Although sometimes they come up with shit like Snap...

But those are usually just 'part of the album' then, right?
They are still called "B-Side", even though technically there's no B-Side anymore.

Hmm... I've never seen them being called B-sides.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 18:18:42

47 k medal points!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-05 21:22:28

300 Audio Reviews.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-06 00:30:41

"You passed 9000 B/P! Congrats!"

It's hard to resist using the overused meme..

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-06 02:11:48

At 1/5/11 06:19 AM, Jolly wrote: Should I continue making list daily? Well, I probably won't make them daily, but I'll try to make them more often. Lately I've been making them every 4 days.

It's up to you.

At 1/5/11 08:06 AM, Coop wrote: Coop descends into self pity after a car crash, but rallies a little to congratulate:

You should have claimed whiplash, maybe some minor back injury as well. :P

At 1/5/11 11:11 AM, NewsReporter wrote: Hello Wi/Ht?'ers, I have 12,000 EXP.

Interesting.

At 1/5/11 11:22 AM, Haggard wrote: Hm, all this talking about children here... in a few months I become uncle for the 5th time! Yes, that's right.

I'm pretty sure that one is all I'm going to see in the near future, heh.

At 1/5/11 04:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 25 art review responses.
not sure if it counts though

50 maybe even 100 would be better.

At 1/5/11 04:19 PM, Auz wrote: Yeah it'll take a while then. Even if you just had a girlfriend, having a serious talk about kids is not exactly something you'd do in the first stages of your relationship.

Unless that is you have a one night stand and get thrown into it. Though, I'm pretty positive there is no little Revs around. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-01-06 02:29:08

Congrats to:
Fim: Level 40
NewsReporter: 12,000 Experience
schumaccercat: Level 10
DiMono: Praporshchik
Tetris: 4,500 Post
High-Dark: 47,000 Medal Points
SeeD419: 300 Audio Reviews
VinnyXY: 3,000 Post

At 1/5/11 04:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: 25 art review responses.
not sure if it counts though

I would say no, it doesn't.

At 1/5/11 06:18 PM, High-Dark wrote: 47 k medal points!

How do you get medal points so fast?

At 1/6/11 02:11 AM, reverend wrote:
At 1/5/11 06:19 AM, Jolly wrote: Should I continue making list daily? Well, I probably won't make them daily, but I'll try to make them more often. Lately I've been making them every 4 days.
It's up to you.

I might. I might not make (besides this one) on slow days such as this one.