00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,745,582 Views | 87,848 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 18:33:59

With this here post, I'm officially tied with Bahamut for 12th on the Pentalist, based on Total Points.

I guess that I'll pass him overnight with some work on the portal, just before I log off...

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 19:42:19

Hi.

After so many requests... you already know why I am posting on this thread.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 20:01:31

Just wanted to pop in and tell Fro congrats on his engagement. I got married 2 years ago this week. I married young as well and I gotta tell you, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Feel free to PM me if you need tips on how to pretend you care about doilies at the reception.

the poli lounge has been moving slower because I think overall the BBS is getting fewer frequent visitors. Not to mention politics is no longer so easy for young people to be interested in anymore. Bush was polarizing but at least it was easy to understand. When Democrats have control shit is just confusing because they're such a disjointed party, it's nearly impossible to pinpoint the 'bad guy' and really, with the increase of 24 hour news and opinion replacing real journalism, I think kids are burnt out on political discussion ATM. Also, the group of posters in the Poli regulars lounge has been pretty steady. New comers tend to shy away or are intimidated, and wind up never posting anyway when they become regulars, while the set of regulars continues to get older and move on in life.

And the college talk. I was lucky to graduate my undergrad in 8 semesters even after transferring (always an easy way to wind up taking 10 or 12 semesters overall!), but it wasn't an easy process. I had to fight for credits to transfer. I also had to change my major as late as my senior year in order to be in a program that would allow me to graduate on time.

My advice is - a degree is a dagree, work with your school in the first semesters to get as many of the annoying general education requirements out of the way and avoid specific programs until you are an upper classman. Sure would suck to take honors level computer science courses when you decide Junior year you wanna do poli-sci. And be open to changes to your degree! Some of my friends were stuck on a political science degree, but because of staffing and weird every-third semester class scheduling, wound up missing a core class from bad luck alone and had to do an extra semester to make up stuff.

Also, talk to multiple advisers. I had a flake for an adviser for a year and took some courses that were useless. But going to a couple of teacher sin the program I found a Social Science major that still allowed me to learn about Political science and let me graduate on time.

gah, wall of text. sorry to intrude. ^_^

At 8/18/10 07:42 PM, Pimp wrote: Hi.

Man, last time I checked, humantarget52 and his band of scallywags was still level 30 and making any attempt to level up nearly impossible. Dunno how I feel about the 100,000 exp limit for your level 60 though. It kind of feels like the last secret thing all over again. I guess it's another 17 years until we find out what happens next. Hope you're up to the challenge!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 21:02:37

Wilhelm was forced to do some killer core exercises today. Congrats to:
Coop83 - 23k Experience and 12th in Total Stats
Alex-Cortes - Private
bifgis - 48k Total Stats
Pimp - Level 60, I hope you keep on truckin'!

At 8/18/10 03:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/17/10 11:55 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: At least there isn't any permanent damage. Chipping a bone sounds pretty horrible to me, but I've seen worse, and it should be gone before you know it.
I think we can call it a "niggling injury", as I think that the bone chip is floating in my elbow. I'm not going under the knife to remove it / them, so I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Does it hurt often or just when it's bumped or jostled?

Do people look at you when you walk by? It's not everyday that you see a man walking about with a black eye.
No, they look at me for the hat now :P
Well what kinda hat are talking about here that's so nice to look at?
It's a black fedora, with white pinstripes.

Yes, that's definitely worth looking at. The fedora needs to make a comeback since to me, there is no simpler yet more effective way to look important and classy.

At 8/18/10 02:35 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/17/10 11:55 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: What bugs me about situations like is that even if more precautions are taken in the future and the crowds are regulated more, the damage done is irreversible. What can be done?
Yeah, everybody involved in the accident has to try to cope with it one way or the other.
The saddest thing is: Things like that can never be ruled out completely.

I just hope that it doesn't permanently scar the love parade itself. It would be horrible if it were only remembered for this rather than happiness.

Request an audio review. I could use some motivation.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 21:47:24

Just a pop in to say hi!

I read the post Fro and congratulations on your engagement! hope to get to talking to you soon and all of you again! As for my list making, it never may be again. I think i have some time to be active again since my job isn't eating up my freetime anymore. Word to the wise don't work at abercrombe & fitch.

Pimp job well done with getting to level 60... it's got to be hard to see that 100,000 just after your large number of exp points.

Im free tonight and i have the urge to make it to sup. commander soon.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 22:31:40

Fro got suckered into working an eleven hour shift tonight or this would have been posted a long time ago; Congrats To:

byteslinger: 57,000 B/P
C0GMA: 2,222 B/P
EDDDDDDDDD: Level 15
LegolaSS: 30,000 Total Stats, 5,000 Saves
sumidiotdude: 10,000 B/P, 9,000 Experience
WilhelmTheVampire: 20,000 B/P
Cootie: Master Sergeant, for the love of god spell your level up right Yamor
Kevin: 666th in B/P
Auz: Top 30 in B/P
WeirdAlthe3rd: 20,000 B/P
Soapbubble: 600 Flash Reviews
ThePigeonMaster: 3,000 B/P, Private 1st Class, 8.00 Total VP
Simkiss: Level 16
Tetimaru000: Sgt. Major
dx5231: 7,000 Experience
133tHaxxor: Level 16
Lizzardis: Colonel
Coop83: 23,000 Experience
Alex-Cortes: Private
Pimp: Level 60

----------

The medals in my game were approved! Check the game out, it can be very challenging. :)

----------

At 8/16/10 11:25 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Wow. Ho. Ly. Shit. CONGRATS DUDE!!!

Seriously man, I'm really really happy for you, congratulations! I hope all goes well for the two of you :)

Thanks a lot!

At 8/16/10 11:48 AM, byteslinger wrote:
That also makes you the luckiest man on Earth! Congrats to you both, and may this be the start of a lifetime of happiness together. Mazeltov!

Salute!

As for Clock Day, it was nothing compared to last year. This year, a little over 400 submissions, and most were crud. I pulled an all-nighter, and managed 1 blam (out of at least 80 attempts) and 260 saves. It did help me squeak past 57K total BP, though.

I think I'm the only one to notice you saying 57,000 B/P. I'm the only one that said congrats at least. Unless I missed it. :X

At 8/16/10 12:28 PM, reverend wrote:
All thanks to the Jonas Brothers.
Congrats Corey and best of wishes!

I'm hoping that those guys had nothing to do with her decision.

don't pull a gfox when you do get hitched. :P

We'll see what happens I guess.

At 8/16/10 02:19 PM, Auz wrote:
So how as that Jonas Brothers concert?

I fell asleep if that explains my feelings towards the concert.

At 8/17/10 09:19 AM, Odyssic wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks!

At 8/16/10 02:01 PM, Haggard wrote:
Congrats, man!
We should open up a club of "Married and Engaged Newgrounders".

Hey, that's actually not a bad idea. There might be very few of us, but there's tons to talk about the subject. I'm game for the club if you are.

At 8/16/10 03:22 PM, ThePigeonMaster wrote: First, my paternal grandmother got serious brain damages, now my maternal grandmother got diabetes. This fucking sucks...

We all have our good and our bad times. You're going through one of the bad times, but be strong, as if you are you'll have reap the benefits of the good times when they come along.

Special congrats to:

Fro: Engaged ;D

Thanks a lot.

At 8/16/10 08:41 PM, Chadinator wrote: Yesterday was the third anniversary of Valjylmyr's account and he got Safety Patrol. (He can't post because he's banned).

Maybe he should post it when he's not banned anymore. :)

At 8/16/10 11:42 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: Wilhelm is probably not going to be able to do cross country or track this year since he can't attend the meets, and is visibly seething. That aside, congrats to:

Wait, what did I miss? Why can't you?

Fro - ENGAGED!

Thanks.

Third place in lifting competitions and supposedly not in great shape? You must be in better shape than I am.

I mean I get tired when I walk up the stairs or have to be on my feet for too long. Let's forget about running around for more than a couple of minutes. Strength is there, but endurance isn't anymore.

At 8/17/10 08:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Congrats on engagement! I'm glad it worked out for you! It seems more and more people I know are getting married. One person on Facebook yesterday announced his engagement.

Thanks. I decided to keep it off of facebook until I can tell some people in person. Then I'll change my relationship status and wait for the replies to ring in. Literally as they'll send a text to my phone for each one.

At 8/17/10 08:54 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Fro: Engaged

Thanks.

Nice, but you're only one man. How many do you need for an American Football team?

Technically you only need 11, but that's not how it works in real life. In the pro's you need 11 for offense, another 11 for defense, and about another 15 to keep a fresh special teams. Even though they then have second string, third string, and sometimes fourth string for each position.

The semi-pro teams I played on only had about 20 guys total so as you can imagine you could get pretty winded.

I have also watched a high school team play an entire game with only 8 players on the field to honor the three starters that had died the week before. They ended up winning by quite a bit, which would be odd since their outnumbered.

At 8/17/10 08:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: I forgot to mention, here's my 100th flash:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 5391
At last. Now make a proper 100th flash :P

It's proper to me. I think it's his best work yet. :P

At 8/17/10 03:57 PM, dx5231 wrote: 7000 experience.

If you deposited every day, you would have 7640 EXP and you would be Level 27 :(

If you deposited every day, you would have 23200 EXP and you would be Level 46. :(

At 8/18/10 09:47 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Just a pop in to say hi!

Hey there.

I read the post Fro and congratulations on your engagement! hope to get to talking to you soon and all of you again!

Thanks a lot. Hope to see you posting around sometime in the near future.

At 8/18/10 08:01 PM, Malachy wrote: Just wanted to pop in and tell Fro congrats on his engagement. I got married 2 years ago this week. I married young as well and I gotta tell you, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Feel free to PM me if you need tips on how to pretend you care about doilies at the reception.

Thanks, we'll be waiting till after college before we actually get married, but I'll hold you to your word if I ever need some advice or closure on the whole situation.

And the college talk. I was lucky to graduate my undergrad in 8 semesters even after transferring (always an easy way to wind up taking 10 or 12 semesters overall!), but it wasn't an easy process. I had to fight for credits to transfer. I also had to change my major as late as my senior year in order to be in a program that would allow me to graduate on time.

Hm, I'm thinking about the whole career choice now. I don't really feel that I want to be a teacher, but I'm going into my senior year and I always felt that it was too late to change my major. I'm assuming I'm going to finish this degree and then work towards being a police officer or something similar.

I hope what you said about posting here just for me was true. <3

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 22:39:04

170,000 Total Stats

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-18 23:37:10

At 8/18/10 10:31 PM, Fro wrote: Thanks, we'll be waiting till after college before we actually get married, but I'll hold you to your word if I ever need some advice or closure on the whole situation.

Good luck then! You'd be amazed how much money you can waste...I mean save in only a couple of years. I wound up dumping...er..investing over $10,000 into my wedding just because we bought stuff over 2 years or paid for deposits/bands ect.

Hm, I'm thinking about the whole career choice now. I don't really feel that I want to be a teacher, but I'm going into my senior year and I always felt that it was too late to change my major. I'm assuming I'm going to finish this degree and then work towards being a police officer or something similar.

You wont be pigeon holed because of your degree. In fact, if I remember correctly, most law enforcement only requires you have at least 2 years of college. A criminal justice degree is a leg up, but not always a requirement.

In fact, the social science major I wound up graduating with was a social science teacher major minus the methods and teaching classes. They called it a "contract option"

In order to graduate on-time I had to take 1 extra class in spring and fall semesters senior year and take 1 class during winter break. the overload and winter registration fees far outweigh another year of tuition if you ask me.

Your college might have a student advising services office. I was looking at almost 2 years to get the classes I needed for my major this time last year and they were able to help me out as late as a week before classes began.

Don't fret if you're having second thoughts about your major now. A lot of jobs just require you have a degree and they don't care what you majored in.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 01:39:35

List #120

Congrats to:

Alex-Cortes - Private
bifgis - 48,000 Total Stats
Coop83 - 12th place in the Pentalist
Pimp - Level 60 (Now go for the 100,000 experience points)

Thanks to:

Fro

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 01:49:38

At 8/18/10 02:44 PM, Auz wrote:
At 8/16/10 02:14 PM, Auz wrote: You mean your silliness?
The funny bone, located usually in the elbow
I was actually going to ask that, but I couldn't think of the Dutch to English translation. We call it a telephone bone =|

We call it "music bone", I think this description fits it best: Whenever you bump it, you have a whole band playing some shitty tune in your arm.

At 8/17/10 12:05 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/16/10 02:14 PM, Auz wrote:
No, the framework tells me I should finish in 9 semesters. But most people need 12 or even more semesters. Next semester will be my 11th.
Well you're doing good then I suppose.
Yeah, I guess so. It's always comforting to meet other people you started studying with and learn that they are even farther away from finishing than you are. XD
Heh I know. Even though I am behind as well, I do have the feeling that I'm doing a little better than the average student so I know I don't have to worry that much yet.

I think I've said that before, but I have to finish my studies until 2012. And I don't even know if that includes my diploma thesis or if I get some extra time for that... ^^

They're also gonna put up new rules stating that you have to completely finish your bachelor before you can do your master, so students here are getting fucked here pretty badly.
I think it's like that here as well. But I'm not really experienced with this Bachelor/Master thing. I only know that nobody seems to like it.
Well I don't know any better, so it's no big deal for me. I guess maybe the older students won't like it though, but I am unaware of the changes.

Here even the Bachelor students don't like the bachelor. And I can see why: It's way too much stuff to do in a too short amount of time. Plus, they HAVE to be in all the lectures because they all have a compolsory attendance. Very annoying.

Too bad. The name is too awesome to be cast aside.
Then we have to find a better name.
Unpossible. Unless we'll call ourselves "Scheepskamelen".

Sheep camels?

No, google images suggests that it has something to do with ships, not sheeps.

Yeah, but can they do the 'swaf'? And you're not supposed to do 'sch' by the way.
Oh yeah, I misread that. But why should I do that "sch" stuff if I'm not supposed to do it? :P
So, how is "swaffelen" pronounced, then?
I just bet you would've done that as a German guy.

http://www.forvo.com/word/swaffelen/

Now that I heard the correct pronunciation, it is pretty close to a sch at the beginning actually =/

People here do both the "schwaf" and the "swaf", so I guess there's no real "correct" pronounciation.

Lol, I can imagine what it sounds like. Yeah the ggggg is hard and I believe there aren't many languages which use it.
I think in the arabic language you have it as well, but other than that I too don't know any languages with such a sound.
Yep, like the name Achmed contains the ggg sound. In Spanish the J is also quite similar to ggg but I can't think of any other languages.

Scots and gaelic, maybe. And welsh of course. The "LL" is a similar sound.

At 8/18/10 08:01 PM, Malachy wrote: And be open to changes to your degree!

Too late for that, now.

At 8/18/10 09:02 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: I just hope that it doesn't permanently scar the love parade itself. It would be horrible if it were only remembered for this rather than happiness.

Organizers said it was the last love parade.

At 8/18/10 10:31 PM, Fro wrote:
At 8/16/10 02:01 PM, Haggard wrote: Congrats, man!
We should open up a club of "Married and Engaged Newgrounders".
Hey, that's actually not a bad idea. There might be very few of us, but there's tons to talk about the subject. I'm game for the club if you are.

Maybe we can even get gfox to post. XD

At 8/18/10 07:42 PM, Pimp wrote: After so many requests... you already know why I am posting on this thread.

About time you post your level ups in this thread. ;)
Congrats!

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 04:21:13

1,200 Flash Review Responses

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 05:57:55

Top 130 in B/P points.

Congratulations Pimp.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 08:20:19

New video: DEMOMAN IS ELECTRODE

In addition, new gaming rant: Tomb Raider (Part 2)

Listening to:

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

At 8/18/10 11:54 AM, reverend wrote:
At 8/18/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: That's something, I got stuck in the lift at work voluntary today. I sometimes feared I'd get stuck in a lift and it happened today. I wasn't too worried, though since I knew someone would get myself and one other person out soon enough.
Getting stuck in an elevator is up there in fears. They're claustrophobic enough, but to have it break down is even more worrisome.

I thought I was claustrophobic but getting stuck in the lift for a few minutes hardly made me panic. I just knew they had ways to call for emergency whenever it happened.

Yeah but at least wish for bigger things like Wi/Ht? actually taking over Newgrounds.
Damn, I didn't think of that. I guess it'll have to wait until December.

Thanks a lot, now we have to wait until December for the revolution to fully succeed!

Oh, so we're gaining on the Politics Regulars Lounge? I thought they were more active than us but hey, good to know the LUL shall be the biggest thread on Newgrounds sometime in the future. Well, hopefully. :D
Yep. It all hinges on Sir-Nuts and gfox catch-ups on when we'll get there. :)

Well, Sir-Nuts stated he's too busy. And besides, he's got icon modding to do. :P

At 8/18/10 02:35 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/18/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote: I don't really count The Forgotten Tales as an official album. It has some alternative versions of older songs so it's not an actual album to me.
Yeah, I never saw it as an "real" album as well.

They never are and never will. Helloween's Metal Jukebox isn't a real album and neither is Metallica's Garage Inc.

Yeah, A Night at the Opera wasn't easy to get into but eventually I found myself to enjoy the album overall. Sure, there are some weak tracks but they're still good. As far as I know, Blind Guardian have yet to release a bad album.
Yep. I really hope they never release a bad album. A feat not many bands where able to do.

I'm not sure how long the band will go on for. I feel they've accomplished a lot already with 9 studio albums. However, I've heard they're still working on an orchestral project which is what I heard about 4 years ago. They said it should be out in 2012 but I'm not building my hopes up for that just yet. Still, it would be necessary for the fans since we're all likely to wait another 4 years for the next metal album.

But I need money to go abroad and the economic state makes it even worse.
You also need free time to go abroad (I really envy those people that travel around for like half a year through various countries and continents).

Either way, we lose. :P And yes, I do wonder how those can afford to travel through various places for half a year. They have to be millionaires.

Just avoid something that you predict will be too awesome.
It's hard to do, but I try.

It's either that or actually find a monitor that won't explode from seeing epically awesome stuff.

Awesome!

Oh hell yes!

Are you following that "No girls on the internet" statement? You know that's bullshit, right?
I know that statement isn't true, but as far as I know girls tend to swarm around social network and photo sites. They wouldn't go to nerdy websites like NG which are flooded with horny teenagers, would they? 0.o

Believe it or not, there's a fair amount of females on this site.

Actually, we could do with more.
Then get 8 stars, dammit!
Yes, but that would only get me to the castle basement! I need at least 70 stars before I can kick Bowsers ass again and save the princess!

Then get those stars and so on.

That's why you need to mix the old with the new. Maybe I can do more here since I play a lot of old and new games.
But playing new games would cost me tons of money, which I don't have. If I had money I would've probably bought a Wii long ago.

Just get the occasional new game or find a newer game that's not too expensive. Also, I thought you HAD a Wii.

Nah, it's not a trouble making those icons at all. Most of them only take 30 seconds.
Yeah, but doing a 1000 of them would take 30000 seconds = 500 minutes = 8.33333333 hours. Imagine what awesome stuff you could do instead in that amount of time.

You needed to consider the time I take to watch the flashes as well. ;) I went through 150 Clock Day flashes on Tuesday and spent most of the day doing them. Today, I'm going to see if I can take down Clock Day 2005 in one big swoop.

I want to watch the movie as well but I refuse to give him any of my money!
Well me neither. I doubt his movie will ever be on TV though, unless they're doing some 'crappiest movies of the 00's' thing =/

I was hoping someone would have uploaded it on YouTube but that's not the case. I guess I can just buy it from an eBay seller.

Naive maybe but blind? Nope! I can see her clear as day that she's a dragon. NOW GET OUTTA MY WAY!
Alright fine! But don't come crying to me when you find out she's actually not a dragon.

The only reason why I'll be crying is if she cheats on me again!

Unless Luis wants to take a lot of pictures of myself considering I'm supposedly a legend at the office.
Yeah, we still need to find out what's up with that.

I tried asking him that but he couldn't hear me at the time and then got caught up with other people. I had very little time to talk to him and there was a few other things I wanted to say such as wondering how the office reacted when I won the Behemoth chicken.

You're right about that, I can easily shout out "THIS ISN'T STRAWBERRY, IT'S RAWBERRY!"
Yep, and it's a catchy title for our first single.

Finally we can make a move with taking over the audio portal. Although, I remember saying to Coop at the meet that it would be great if he was an audio mod but he wasn't too keen on it. :P

At 8/18/10 06:33 PM, Coop83 wrote: With this here post, I'm officially tied with Bahamut for 12th on the Pentalist, based on Total Points.

You finally passed me, congrats! Now to see how you do with the other 11 users up there. This will only make the next Pentalist update even more exciting.

Well that's something, I never thought you'd pop in to announce anything regarding your stats but of course, level 60 is too hard to miss. You know, my next EXP update will have something to talk about. :)

At 8/18/10 08:01 PM, Malachy wrote: the poli lounge has been moving slower because I think overall the BBS is getting fewer frequent visitors. Not to mention politics is no longer so easy for young people to be interested in anymore.

I've only viewed the Politics forums briefly a few times so I wouldn't know too much about the overall activity over there (the last time I read anything there was for the UK elections). Still, considering how slow the LUL has been at times this year, I would have thought the gap between the two threads would have expanded.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 08:44:29

Coop posts a Blammers Update, before congratulating:
Alex-Cortes: Private; 2,500 B/P
Pimp: Level 60
illuminate: 170,000 Total Points; 1,200 Flash Review Responses
Yrtnej: Level 27

Thank you to:
Odyssic (x2)
RohantheBarbarian
WilhelmTheVampire (x2)
Fro
ThePigeonMaster

Listening to:
Iron Maiden - Starblind
Foo Fighters - Another Round
Eve6 - Open Road Song
Santana - Oye Como Va

At 8/18/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/17/10 08:54 AM, Coop83 wrote: Coop suddenly remembers he has to post in the LUL today, so congratulates:
You need to get out of this habit. :P

The habit of posting in the LUL, or the habit of forgetting?

At 8/16/10 09:54 AM, Bahamut wrote: Wait, Play actually posted it on time for you? Why have they been a failure to me recently? I'm still waiting for one CD I bought from the summer sale.
Yeah, they posted on time and I received a day after yours, so it's on my iTunes and I'm listening to it now :D Some of these tracks are a little slow for me, but there are some gems in there.
Slow is right to describe the album but regardless of speed, it's good.

Still, Etarblind is a perfect tune for EVE Online

I feel sorry for you.
It could be worse. Remember when I was addicted to World of Warcraft?
Fuck, don't even go there. It was bad enough when I ALMOST got addicted to it.

Show us the picture - "World of Warcraft has successfully been uninstalled from your computer"

At last. Now make a proper 100th flash :P
I can't do that anymore. I've had my one and only shot at the 100th flash.

Now make a proper 101st flash?

At 8/18/10 11:54 AM, reverend wrote:
At 8/18/10 03:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: A bold statement. We'll just have to wait and see.
I'm pretty sure you'll still be here when A-Rod retires to tell me I'm wrong. :P

*picture of old Coop telling old reverend "remember when we talked about A-Rod on the BBS?"*

I can cope with that - I was more worried about Pettitte, to be honest. I'd like to see him ready in time for the playoffs, so we can choose from the 5 starters and have a good compliment to get through the series.
You're worried about Pettitte, but I'm worried about the Cards as a whole. What hell? They're going backwards in the standings.

Yeah, that's not good. Things just haven't quite clicked for most of the year, except when they actually passed Cinci, then they fell away faster.

At 8/18/10 02:35 PM, Haggard wrote: Listening to:
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Favourite tracks?

I was actually going to ask that, but I couldn't think of the Dutch to English translation. We call it a telephone bone =|

Awesome! International punchline fun!

*removes elbow* Hello? Yes, I'd like to make a claim - I was injured in an accident that wasn't my fault. Somebody threw a cricket ball at me and broke my telephone bone. Yes, I'm calling you from the other line.

Anyway, so when I whack you on the head, you will get all tingly now? That's gotta be annoying.

No worse than brain freeze, when you eat some really cold ice cream.

At 8/8/10 05:22 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I can imagine driving around dangerously, nearly crashing your car into stuff will add to the experience of watching the movie though. As a matter of fact, it's probably the best way to watch a brainless action flick.
I love those movies. They help me to unwind on occasion.
Yep, I love those kind of movies too and also the B-movie type with guys like Steven Seagal XD

I was very excited to go and see The Expendables somewhere soon, cause I thought that had to be the ultimate action flick with that kind of cast. But alas, I heard it was a great disappointment from anyone who has seen it. I might go and see it anyway though.

Search on YouTube for "Geriatric Action Heroes" I believe it's just this, but someone thought it would be a good film.

"All of these old action heroes. Plus we can kill that bastard Statham off as well!"

This might help.
If this is coffee, bring me some tea. If this is tea, bring me some coffee.
I'm sure your gf will appreciate you saying that every time she brings you some coffee or tea.

She knows that I hate coffee. Plus she rarely makes me tea, I have to do it myself, or go to my parents or friends houses to get served :P

At 8/18/10 09:02 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 8/18/10 03:41 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/17/10 11:55 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: At least there isn't any permanent damage. Chipping a bone sounds pretty horrible to me, but I've seen worse, and it should be gone before you know it.
I think we can call it a "niggling injury", as I think that the bone chip is floating in my elbow. I'm not going under the knife to remove it / them, so I'll just have to grin and bear it.

I can do the simplest things and set it off. I sat in an armchair and bumped it, for example.

Do people look at you when you walk by? It's not everyday that you see a man walking about with a black eye.
Yes, that's definitely worth looking at. The fedora needs to make a comeback since to me, there is no simpler yet more effective way to look important and classy.

I must go and buy a black pinstripe suit now, to match. Then I'll look the dogs bollocks.

At 8/17/10 08:54 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nice, but you're only one man. How many do you need for an American Football team?
Technically you only need 11, but that's not how it works in real life. In the pro's you need 11 for offense, another 11 for defense, and about another 15 to keep a fresh special teams. Even though they then have second string, third string, and sometimes fourth string for each position.

Yeah, but in the big leagues, you have so much money to throw at the problem.

The semi-pro teams I played on only had about 20 guys total so as you can imagine you could get pretty winded.

Yeah, that could hurt.

I have also watched a high school team play an entire game with only 8 players on the field to honor the three starters that had died the week before. They ended up winning by quite a bit, which would be odd since their outnumbered.

They played with heart and that sometimes wins through. I've been part of a cricket team that has won with 9 or 10 men, as opposed to the customary 11.

Mind you, we'll need to play better with 11 next Wednesday, if we want to win the cup.

At 8/19/10 01:49 AM, Haggard wrote:
We call it "music bone", I think this description fits it best: Whenever you bump it, you have a whole band playing some shitty tune in your arm.

Interesting - I tend to go very Death Metal when that happens at the moment.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 08:45:05

At 8/19/10 08:20 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/18/10 06:33 PM, Coop83 wrote: With this here post, I'm officially tied with Bahamut for 12th on the Pentalist, based on Total Points.
You finally passed me, congrats! Now to see how you do with the other 11 users up there. This will only make the next Pentalist update even more exciting.

Pentalist updates are always exciting.

I can't believe I had to burn a second post on this :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 09:03:53

Congratulations to: -

Alex-Cortes - Private
bifgis - 48,000 Total Stats
Coop83 - Rank #12 on Pentalist
pimp - Level 60: now you must conquer the B/P ranks!
illuminate - 170,000 Total Stats and 1,200 Flash Review Responses
Yrtnej - Level 27

At 8/18/10 11:19 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/18/10 08:48 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Watched the original, I laughed my ass off!
I FUCKING LOVE HIS RAGE! I WANT TO BE A FUCKING MEDIC WHEN I'M FUCKING PLAYING WITH HIM!

Tempting to run out and buy the Orange Box now lol

Hang on, are we wanting to piss people off or do we want to be the best band in the world?
BOTH!!!
If it's possible, then hell yeah!

Of course it's possible: write songs with meaningful lyrics, awesome riffs, kick-ass drumming, an all-round excellent piece of music, then stick in a 2 minute vuvuzela solo!

Still, if they threaten my account, I WILL come over to their office. :P
And unleash a terrible vengeance!
Thus ending Newgrounds? :o

Therefore ushering in the age of Bahamutgrounds!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 09:26:47

News just in, I have reached level 32.

Interesting.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 11:06:38

13.000 B/P. Shame it's not a new rank...

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 12:43:23

Now im Ranked top 500 in B/P

only took me 2 days to move one place :P

The shame

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 12:43:47

Rev made 1,000 little pictures; congrats to:
Coop83 - 12th on the Pentalist
Pimp - Level 60!
yrtnej - Level 27
illuminate - 1,200 Flash Review Responses and 170k Total Stats!
NewsReporter - Level 32
sushi13 - 13k B/P
Aci6 - 13k Saves

---

I was going to PM you yesterday and request the same thing. Heh, glad someone else did. :)

At 8/18/10 08:01 PM, Malachy wrote: the poli lounge has been moving slower because I think overall the BBS is getting fewer frequent visitors. Not to mention politics is no longer so easy for young people to be interested in anymore. . . . Also, the group of posters in the Poli regulars lounge has been pretty steady. New comers tend to shy away or are intimidated, and wind up never posting anyway when they become regulars, while the set of regulars continues to get older and move on in life.

I tend to only visit the Politics Forum if there is something that I uniquely know i.e.the Oklahoma is backwards thread, or Native Sovereignty issues topic. Other than that it's more one person's view verses another in which nothing is truly right or wrong (not including the idiotics like Birthers, Tea Partiers , Got-ya journalism, etc) in which things just goes around in circles.

The decline is affecting everyone on the BBS from the activeness of crews in the CC to the Wi/Ht Regulars on the RCVL. I just hope that it's just a lull and isn't anything permanent. Newcomers to the LUL come and go as well. I'm not sure what really turns them off, the long discussions or the wrong idea that they need to do a list to post here.

At 8/18/10 09:47 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Just a pop in to say hi!

I read the post Fro and congratulations on your engagement! hope to get to talking to you soon and all of you again! As for my list making, it never may be again. I think i have some time to be active again since my job isn't eating up my freetime anymore.

Hey, nice to see you still hanging in there.

Word to the wise don't work at abercrombe & fitch.

Or retail in general. Ha!

At 8/18/10 10:31 PM, Fro wrote: I'm hoping that those guys had nothing to do with her decision.

Sorry dude, you're going to have to play Jonas Brothers at your wedding and every anniversary for the rest of your life.

At 8/19/10 08:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: I thought I was claustrophobic but getting stuck in the lift for a few minutes hardly made me panic. I just knew they had ways to call for emergency whenever it happened.

How high were you up? You weren't in a skyscraper were you?

Thanks a lot, now we have to wait until December for the revolution to fully succeed!

Well it gives up sometime to fully dominate the icons before we completely take over General.

Oh yeah, I was digging around the London Meet pics and found this gem (pic below). :)

At 8/19/10 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote: *picture of old Coop telling old reverend "remember when we talked about A-Rod on the BBS?"*

Old rev says, 'Oh I don't have time for this. I have to go and buy a single piece of fruit with a coupon and then return it, making people wait behind me while I complain.'

Yeah, that's not good. Things just haven't quite clicked for most of the year, except when they actually passed Cinci, then they fell away faster.

It's bad when not even Wainwright can't rescue the Cards any more like last night. Anyways how bout them Rays I would have expected them to off by now, but they are hanging in there.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 15:33:48

You passed 8000 Saves. Way to go!
You entered the top 10000 in Experience Points. Outstanding!
You entered the top 600 in B/P Points. Outstanding!

The EXP points one probably doesn't matter.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 15:45:50

Thanks for voting, Hacsev! Your experience points have already been deposited for today - thanks for doing the overtime!

Your experience gave you a voting power of 7.00 votes. Your blam and protection points gave you an additional 60% of your experience power, meaning that your total vote power was worth 11.19 votes!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 18:10:24

Fro has so many things to do and has no idea where to start so he's just going to lay around while saying Congrats To:

illuminate: 170,000 Total Stats, 1,200 Flash Review Responses
Yrtnej: Level 27
gamejunkie: Top 130 in B/P
NewsReporter: Level 32
sushi13: 13,000 B/P
Aci6: 13,000 Saves
LegolaSS: Top 500 in B/P
Tetimaru000: 8,000 Saves, Top 600 in B/P
Hacsev: Base VP of 7.00

----------

At 8/18/10 11:37 PM, Malachy wrote:

How long were you guys together before you asked her to marry you?

Good luck then! You'd be amazed how much money you can waste...I mean save in only a couple of years. I wound up dumping...er..investing over $10,000 into my wedding just because we bought stuff over 2 years or paid for deposits/bands ect.

Was this with a lot of help from family or not? I'm assuming both sides of the family will help out quite a bit with money on top of us both saving up for it.

You wont be pigeon holed because of your degree. In fact, if I remember correctly, most law enforcement only requires you have at least 2 years of college. A criminal justice degree is a leg up, but not always a requirement.

To get a degree in law enforcement in the local area I think it's a 2 year degree. I already have one year done as all of my general education classes would transfer over and I would just have a years worth of classes to take.

Don't fret if you're having second thoughts about your major now. A lot of jobs just require you have a degree and they don't care what you majored in.

Yeah, I'm just going to finish my current degree and see what happens from there. In my area there's a lot of rich home schooled kids that the parents pay for someone to teach them at home. It actually pays better than a regular teaching job and you only have one child to worry about.

On top of that, my finance's family actually ones some private schools. :P And even on top of that, her family is good friends with the mayor as well. Getting a teachers job is all about politics anyway. Then if I see the job isn't for me I'll move onto something else.

Maybe we can even get gfox to post. XD

I doubt it. :P

I'm seriously going to think about it though. Like I said, we wouldn't get many members, but it would be great for those who are thinking about getting married and for the ones who are new to it to have others to talk to.

At 8/19/10 12:43 PM, reverend wrote:

I was going to PM you yesterday and request the same thing. Heh, glad someone else did. :)

That would be me. :)

Sorry dude, you're going to have to play Jonas Brothers at your wedding and every anniversary for the rest of your life.

Maybe this is what Malachy was talking about when he was talking about pretending to be interested. Oh god she wants Jonas Brothers sheets for the bed as well... Maybe she'll grow out of it, but you wouldn't even think she would be into it as usually it's for the 13 year olds.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 19:51:01

15,000 b/p

it's been a while

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 21:21:21

2222 blams. Hopefully I can get that rank up soon. Really slow pace lately.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 21:39:32

1000 posts

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 22:24:47

15k Saves.

Wilhelm is making a list of CDs he wants buy with his future birthday money. Congrats to:
illuminate - 170k Total Stats and 1,200 Flash Review Responses
Yrtnej - Level 27
NewsReporter - Level 32
sushi13 - 13k B/P
Aci6 - 13k Saves
LegolaSS - Top 500 in B/P
Tetimaru000 - 8k Saves and Top 600 in B/P
Hacsev - Base Voting Power of 7.00
HeavyTank - 15k B/P
sixflab - 2,222 Blams
klik - 1k Posts

At 8/16/10 11:42 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: Wilhelm is probably not going to be able to do cross country or track this year since he can't attend the meets, and is visibly seething. That aside, congrats to:
Wait, what did I miss? Why can't you?

Well almost all of the meets are on Saturday mornings, but I have to get into the city at 12:30 each Saturday for orchestra rehearsals. If the meets are early enough I can make it to rehearsal on time but some of the meets are simply too late. If I miss three meets I can't be on the team, and I'm not about to skip a rehearsal.

Fortunately it looks like I can do both, provided the meets don't run late and there isn't much traffic. We'll see.

Third place in lifting competitions and supposedly not in great shape? You must be in better shape than I am.
I mean I get tired when I walk up the stairs or have to be on my feet for too long. Let's forget about running around for more than a couple of minutes. Strength is there, but endurance isn't anymore.

Ah, that makes sense. Endurance is important though, so you might want to consider a...physical therapist? Did I get it right this time?

At 8/18/10 09:02 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote: I just hope that it doesn't permanently scar the love parade itself. It would be horrible if it were only remembered for this rather than happiness.
Organizers said it was the last love parade.

Goddamn, absolutely no good came out of this. There's nothing.

At 8/19/10 08:44 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/18/10 09:02 PM, WilhelmTheVampire wrote:
At 8/18/10 03:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: I think we can call it a "niggling injury", as I think that the bone chip is floating in my elbow. I'm not going under the knife to remove it / them, so I'll just have to grin and bear it.
I can do the simplest things and set it off. I sat in an armchair and bumped it, for example.

You might want to have that at least looked at because I'd never get used to something like that. Does the numbness last for a while?

I must go and buy a black pinstripe suit now, to match. Then I'll look the dogs bollocks.

Is that a good thing? That's not something I'd want to look anything like. Anyway yes, definitely get a corresponding suit. Then post a picture of the entire ensemble.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 22:53:46

Sorry for posting again, but this is worth it. Congrats to the LUL on 1,234,567 views!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-19 23:14:48

Level 17 :D

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2010-08-20 00:22:49

Alright guys, how's this for an NG accomplishment?
Within 1 hours time, I've become a B/P General and reached level 43 (which is also my favorite level on Newgrounds!)
Voting power now @ 12.37
My game plan for Newgrounds goes as follows; continue to B/P until I reach the final badge, at which point I'll slow the amount of time I accumulate B/P, and take a small portion of time a day to get medal points from playing various games here, as currently I have none.
I'm not too active on the forum the past month, but I'm quite sure that will change, so 10,000 posts isn't far off. I'm also less than 100 saves away from 10,000, I'm certain by the end of the year I'll have easily made it to the quad 10,000 list.
20,000 experience also less than 50 deposits away.
Also, screen grab:

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

BBS Signature