00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Crazy Shuttle!

14,845 Views | 164 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 17:19:29

Tom, Tom, you're our man. This game kicks ass. Kinda like crazy taxi only more Newgrounds. Still, might be fun to add more characters, like add drug dealers to the ghetto that shoot your ass up and take whatever money you earn from picking and droping people off. Anyways, props to you, you're the man, and all that nonsence you get when you put something out for us.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 17:39:05

dam its funny

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 17:59:50

At first I thought this was going to be like the cop on the motorcycle game only side scroll, but the side mission of picking people up to earn boosters made it more fun! Only one suggestion, the music can get a little monotonous; how about something with a little more . . . bounce to it?

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 18:12:54

fuckin brilliant. i dont know how tom does it.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 18:33:01

a pretty cool game but got a bit boring after about an hour of playing :]
nice touch in makeing them fly out the wind shield

one bad thing though the second on the timer wont display the time like 1:01:34 it miss's the 0 out so its only 1:1:34

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 18:41:32

Crazy Shuttle rocks! We love you, please make more enjoyable games so that we may become fat and addicted to the joy that is Newgrounds!

Oh, and the game was pretty damn cool, too. Flash is f***in' hard (for me) and I know the effort that goes into games and videos...

So in short, keep making entertaining games or we'll kill you. (or at least force you to watch the bottom of the portal for a few hours, both have the same effect)

Crazy Shuttle!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 18:47:59

Well, the game is designed well, but there is no real goal to achieve. No points are assigned for dropped off passengers or anything. Otherwise it is a great game.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 18:58:25

More obstacles!
More pedestrians!

But it's still fun!

And maybe you could have the directional arrow increase in size as you reach the destination.

I overshoot a lot.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 19:44:44

At 4/20/01 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hurrah, I'm actually releasing a new game of my own!!! Check out CRAZY SHUTTLE!

I actually made this game for our local Drexel-parody website, where we pick on our University... This game in particular makes fun of the way our shuttle service sucks and has run over students on several occasions. I made the original version for April 1st, but then I kept adding more features - so now it kicks so much ass that I thought EVERYONE should play it! Be sure you have a fast computer, though - it is pretty graphics-intensive.

We just switched to new servers, so hopefully the site is running ok. Report any new bugs to Ross!

So what does everyone think of CRAZY SHUTTLE?

Awesome!!!!!! I've always wanted to play "carzy taxi" on my computer!!! Or at least the Flash equivilent. Sweeeeeeet.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 19:46:43

Why can't we vote on NG members' Flash? Are they afraid of the big honking fat zero I would give this!?! I really thought that this game sucked. The music was funny, and I enjoyed running over people (for about thirty seconds when I got bored). Other than that, it sucked. Not enough redeeming features to make it better.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 20:10:39

Crazy Shuttle rocks out, man. The only thing I think would make it much better is some sort of scoring system. As it is, the game is fun, but has little replay value because there's nothing to strive for. I still really enjoy it, and the rest of the site. Keep up the good work.

Nuclear Bob

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 20:29:06

CRAZY SHUTTLE is awesome!!! Everyone must play it.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 20:31:38

At 4/20/01 07:46 PM, PoopMuffin wrote: Why can't we vote on NG members' Flash? Are they afraid of the big honking fat zero I would give this!?! I really thought that this game sucked. The music was funny, and I enjoyed running over people (for about thirty seconds when I got bored). Other than that, it sucked. Not enough redeeming features to make it better.

Maybe you just suck!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 20:50:11

Hahaha, that was cool.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 20:50:33

Good, funny, lacking ending.... lacking point system.. addicting.. I like the Super Nintendo-esque graphics. But I have been playing Taipan, and now my judgement of what is good, and what is ok is kind of out of wack.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:03:08

Pretty cool game just as good as hackey the raccoon i'd say. Any here's to hopin that you'll make a high score bar.
.^Matt[Da Chopper]McCabe

Crazy Shuttle!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:06:59

At 4/20/01 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Hurrah, I'm actually releasing a new game of my own!!! Check out CRAZY SHUTTLE!

I actually made this game for our local Drexel-parody website, where we pick on our University... This game in particular makes fun of the way our shuttle service sucks and has run over students on several occasions. I made the original version for April 1st, but then I kept adding more features - so now it kicks so much ass that I thought EVERYONE should play it! Be sure you have a fast computer, though - it is pretty graphics-intensive.

We just switched to new servers, so hopefully the site is running ok. Report any new bugs to Ross!

DAMN! this game owns! Love it, man!

Crazy Shuttle!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:16:30

It kicks ass Tom

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:35:33

Damn, my computer sucks. I'm having trouble moving. Can you please put low quality in it?

Crazy Shuttle!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:37:34

It's a good game, but I think it's a little too easy. I was playing for at least 10 minutes and I still had 2 minutes left on the timer.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:44:45

Your games pretty fun. I just mostly blast the nitro and kill people. :). Everyone go to my site www.mimeworld.cjb.net.

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 21:47:53

Hey good game. I usually just blast the nitro and kill people. :) everyone go to www.mimeworld.cjb.net

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 22:14:56

The blood is dmn cool, especially when i send the fucker splatting on thier faces. Damn damn cool
and fuck those who say it sucks

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 22:33:38

well i thought it was neet i allways wanted to learn but i think u rule and the site kicks ass see ya:)

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 22:53:26

At 4/20/01 01:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: So what does everyone think of CRAZY SHUTTLE?

made this one a bit too easy, i seemed to have played for ages (or at least so my agonized fingers thought) after finally ending the game @12690 points and 196 nitros left. sorry to say this but fun idea, no replay value. i didn't like crazy taxi arcade that much either, though :)

as a european i'm always left wondering, would the typical american have an actual ability to not hit anything, if he was forced to wait until 18 to get a driver's licence like we do around here. nothing personal, i've just seen american driving enough to understand your opinion about the shuttle service too well.

almost felt bad when hitting the girl in the pink dress, the splatter effects were amusing. from what arcade did you steal the streetwalker graphics? at least the dark haired female in white pants and the guy were _very_ alike with the sprites of jack tenrec and hannah dundee of the cadillacs & dinosaurs (capcom 1993) fame. don't know about the pink dressed girl though, how about giving some credit to the original authors and telling us all about it :)

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 22:59:27

Yeah Tom DMAK here i thought ur game was cool hey the car has excellent handling and the nitrous are mad!!! great game hey. u make some awesome shit hey is a new version of pico comin out sometime soon? i loved the first one and i would like to see a second one if its possible... congrats on an awesome site and so far i havent seen any bugs but if i do ill be sure to notify u of them ok...the new server seems to be pretty good!!!

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 23:03:42

It's a fun game but oh so repetative when you play for 45 mins... :)
I thought there might be a high score list or something so I tried to get a high score...
I had about 38000 score and 4:30 time and just decided to keep driving until time ran out and I came to about 51000 score.

I just wish there was a high score list

Keep up the good work man. :)

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 23:03:43

the game is cool.
the site works fine.
I have no vocabulary today.
have a nice day

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 23:33:16

At 4/20/01 05:19 PM, Infinity303 wrote: Tom, Tom, you're our man. This game kicks ass. Kinda like crazy taxi only more Newgrounds. Still, might be fun to add more characters, like add drug dealers to the ghetto that shoot your ass up and take whatever money you earn from picking and droping people off. Anyways, props to you, you're the man, and all that nonsence you get when you put something out for us.

I was actually going to add bums that chase after your shuttle, and if they get in the only way to get them out is to eject them (Wade's idea)... Wade also wanted me to add an emergency break button, which could make some dramatic changes to gameplay... So I'm considering it.

The big problem is SPRITES - I need more character sprites! I can't find any! Kinda tempting to make my own, but I'm too rushed. :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Crazy Shuttle! 2001-04-20 23:35:46

METAL SLUG!!!!!! That was cool!