00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Content Management System

8,021 Views | 59 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 04:12:35

i just looked around and it appears the program is working very well.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 04:42:03

At 8/4/05 12:59 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Newgrounds has grown so large over the years that it has become a beast to maintain.

ueto1, the last to sign up (so obviesly he doesn't have a profile yet), is the 1296738th account of newgrounds!!

But anyway, when i'm doing a portal search for a submissions, I get lots of great flashs that are not on the ICON HELPERS page, so how about increasing the amount of flashs in there (since almost all of them are done now and since the users are working really fast..)?

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 04:58:25

i sent an email to info@newgrounds.com to find out about getting some stickers coz i cant get any US post stamps (i live in australia) but u haven't sent a reply

oh well no rush

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 05:41:42

Now all there is that needs to be done is some way to get rid of old flash that people want to remove faster.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 05:57:11

At 8/4/05 12:59 AM, WadeFulp wrote: Once you have submitted thumbnail images, also referred to as icons, they will be put into a listing for our Portal Icon Moderators to review. They will pick the best images to approve.

What do you mean by this?
I see no new options on my Icon Moderators page.
Is something being set up to allow me to sort and choose gifs cropped and uploaded by other people and make sure that thumbnail is appropriate?

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 07:29:55

Haha, too bad I kinda already knew all of this, I've made like 601 icons on that page now!
But then _altr_ done like over 1000, phew...

THIS CRAZY CAT KILLS EVERYONE!!!

Content Management System

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 08:34:40

yay, the new system rocks

derp

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 08:39:31

double post time:
When i click to upload an icon for a submission nothing comes up :S

derp

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 08:44:04

At 8/4/05 08:39 AM, xcloudx wrote: double post time:
When i click to upload an icon for a submission nothing comes up :S

Scroll Down.....

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 09:18:38

SO WHAT ABOUT FIXING THE DANG P-BOT!

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 09:28:21

At 8/4/05 09:18 AM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: SO WHAT ABOUT FIXING THE DANG P-BOT!

What're you talking about?

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 09:46:49

At 8/4/05 08:22 AM, Chrome- wrote: and there goes wade with his stickers

And for a low, low budget price, they can be your stickers too.

SO WHY DON'T YOU BUY SOME ? EH? BUY SOME FUCKING STICKG OH DEAR GOD BUY SOME. OH GOD.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 10:26:08

I already uploaded 2 icons for this and this .

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 11:47:51

At 8/4/05 02:48 AM, X_Naut wrote: Because they get a special feeling inside that they did their part on helping Tom,Wade and liljim kick extra ass. :)

AMEN TO THAT!

And liljim, Thanks for the collection system cuz now NG will be more than just a portal! It will be a museum where greatest flashes will get the attention they deserve!

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 12:08:58

At 8/4/05 12:59 AM, WadeFulp wrote:
Also don't forget to order our high quality 4x4 inch, water proof and UV proof, Newgrounds.com tank logo stickers! ;) Only $1.00US (along with a self addressed stamped envelope) for FIVE of these brilliantly colored high quality stickers.

is this a marketing ploy? @.@ i can buy them, but i dont. big mistake right?

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 13:15:53

At 8/4/05 01:01 AM, Revrent wrote: I love how you through in the stickers at the last second.

I think he's trying to tell us something.

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 13:25:31

yeh figures the stickers were included in this too lol

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 18:31:01

...golly Mr. Fulp...what are production costs?

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-04 21:08:05

good idea wade

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-05 01:10:46

FIRST POST COOL SHIT WADE

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-05 04:03:42

Ha ha, I love the sticker pitch at the end. Much thanks to LilJim for the bitchin new feature. I'll throw in and get icons done for those stray non-gif'd entries.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-05 05:29:01

Who are the fucking icon mods so I can email one and get them to help me with my own fucking icons?

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-05 12:24:03

NOOO! i ordered my sticker a long time ago! when is it coming in?
Btw i've noticed the new flashes.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-05 20:09:00

great news happy to see it

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-06 01:39:04

I would like to thank anyone and everyone For putt DBZFAN in the DBZ collection. I dont think anyone will ever truely know how much I appreciate it. It just goes to show that hard work pays off here at newgrounds. I now have absolutely no regrets for making this series for your website. I promised myself I wasnt going to cry...I just wanna give you all a big hug!!!!

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-08 01:07:13

Also don't forget to order our high quality 4x4 inch, water proof and UV proof, Newgrounds.com tank logo stickers! ;) Only $1.00US (along with a self addressed stamped envelope) for FIVE of these brilliantly colored high quality stickers.

I WAN'T stickers! but I dont have a credit card, or ne thing like that.... and I'm sure everyone in my household will deem it a waste of money/rip off... which is unfair. Um... someone tell me how to get them... and stuff.... or something

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-09 03:44:42

You can tell that the collections are INCREDIBLY dynamic now. Kutos!

Flashes that havn't been up even a day are getting added lickity-split. However, is it such a good idea for day old animations to get thrown in to the collection page? I thought this would be mainly about going through older submissions that had been forgotten and get them some recognition. New flashes will be getting enough recognition as is to start out with. Perhaps a moratorium is best? Say, no work can be submitted to a collection until it is a month old (series pages being exempt, for obious reasons)? That way it might be better judged after it's newness has worn off.

Another thing, how about being able to make new collections or series? It seems to me that there has been a few new series pages opening up since this new version started. Is that just me or is it really happening (I think the "Strategy Guide" series page is new. Also the "Minushi" one)? If it's really happening how do you submit to new collection and especially series? I would REALLY like to have a Xin series page. It deserves it as much as any of the other ones that are listed currently in the series section. More even. There is 15 episodes on NG and most have won several awards.

It's time for Xin to get's it's own spot. What other series combines the full animation action, drama, and intrigue that it does in a single package?

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-10 11:10:11

At 8/9/05 03:44 AM, TomaO2 wrote: It's time for Xin to get's it's own spot. What other series combines the full animation action, drama, and intrigue that it does in a single package?

It's actually a funny coincidence that I put XIN up yesterday right after you posted this! Shok had prepped a Xin series page before we launched the new system, so I just had to move it all over through the new system to launch it.

The reason why new stuff is getting categorized is because I want to stay on top of it. If I waited a month to add something to a collection, I would completely forget about it. We'll probably have to do some pruning later.

I have been doing a lot of maintenance with old submissions as well, using both NG search and recommendations from users. The Madness collection keeps GROWING AND GROWING and I set up a page for Poninjas since it also has a lot of fan tributes. It's such a giant web of related content.

We have lots of plans to better publicize the collections and series, it just takes time to implement them because NG has become such a beast nowadays.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-10 17:20:00

At 8/10/05 11:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: I have been doing a lot of maintenance with old submissions as well, using both NG search and recommendations from users.

I recommended my submission Origami Studio 1.1 and my submission The Doughnuts Show for the gadget games page, and South Park 502 Part 1 to the South Park collection..

Uhh, yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Content Management System 2005-08-11 13:28:00

At 8/10/05 11:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: It's actually a funny coincidence that I put XIN up yesterday right after you posted this! Shok had prepped a Xin series page before we launched the new system, so I just had to move it all over through the new system to launch it.

The reason why new stuff is getting categorized is because I want to stay on top of it. If I waited a month to add something to a collection, I would completely forget about it. We'll probably have to do some pruning later.

I have been doing a lot of maintenance with old submissions as well, using both NG search and recommendations from users. The Madness collection keeps GROWING AND GROWING and I set up a page for Poninjas since it also has a lot of fan tributes. It's such a giant web of related content.

We have lots of plans to better publicize the collections and series, it just takes time to implement them because NG has become such a beast nowadays.

YES!!!

THE XIN COLLECTION PAGE IS UP!!!

Thanks Tom! :)

WOW, all the music for this series is original too? I didn't know that, makes it even more deserving for accolades! Your reasoning about adding new submissions to the collection page makes sense too. I guess I was thinking that an auto timer could be added to each submission so that no one could vote to add it to a collection until X many days after it was first submitted. Then if people still wanted to add it they could start voting and then it would get in the requested list and eventually be added. Meh, maby a bit too ambitious an idea on my part.

Pruning will almost be a guarantee eventually. New things are being added every day to those collection pages now. There is just so much too watch. I wonder how that will end up being implemented. Every time you take something off will users vote to put it back up again? Heh!

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.