Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL) 2005-08-01 22:56:34
Welcome, to the second edition of the Regulars List.
After talking it over with RedCircle, it has been decided that the Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods thread should be discontinued and locked, which he has agreed to do himself. The reason? It's just too "off topic" in its current state.
Originally, the thread was a way to pit the stats of the users on the Members List against those of the users who were moderators. Eventually, the topic grew and became popular. RedCircle would often post the complete Members and Mods lists and everyone would enjoy the stat comparison. Well, eventually RedCircle decided to create the Regulars List, arranging a system similar to that of the Members system, except made to be much more dynamic and current. After much confusion, the Regulars List balanced out and began running smoothly. Eventually, the expansion increased until there were the BBS Mods List, the Review Mods List, the Audio Mods List, the Members List, and the Regulars List. RedCircle found the Review Mods and Audio Mods lists too troublesome to deal with and they were eventually discontinued. Everything continued to run smoothly, until certain events occured that made RedCircle lose a lot of his interest in the lists (mainly the Nerf By Wade attack on Wi/Ht and the Spring update for the Members List). Well, the Members and Mods list were discontinued (from RedCircles's use that is) and he was ready to give up on the Regulars List as well due to the severe amounts of strain and stress he was receiving from work and computer troubles.
Tom_s00 tried his best to keep the elections running and manage to get the June election and July voting completed. The July election didn't run smoothly, many Regulars hadn't even noticed that the elections has really taken place. Well, at this point we were halfway through the month without an update, the thread was basically dead. So I asked RedCircle to pass on control of the Regulars List updates to me, and that's where we are now. Well, I saw that now the list is kicking back up again a new start was needed, and thus, I created this thread.
The Wi/Ht Regulars List.
This thread will solely deal with the Regulars List, and not be overshadowed by the Mods, Members, etc... lists. This new thread shall now now be the home of the Regulars List. I shall be in control until RedCircle decides he's ready to take control back. It may be next month, it may be next year, but the Regulars List was still RedCircle's original idea and thus he deserves ownership, I am merely bringing this list back onto its feet and running smoothly and on time again.
Now that the list has been recreated for its new revived form the rules and other explainations shall be listed.
1. If you are new to the Wi/Ht, you can become a member: IN TIME. Be patient, don't post asking to be made a member, that won't get you added into the ranks. Instead, post around in the Wi/Ht until you have a good feel of the community, and in time you WILL be noticed by the regulars and will most likely be added to the list when elections take place.
2. If you are listed on the Wi/Ht Members List then you cannot become listed on the Regulars List (this also applies to those listed inactive/retired).
3. If you are a mod/admin, then you can become a Regular. There is no discrimination based on one's status as a normal user, a moderator, or an admin (aka, if for some reason liljim decides to devote a few hours a day posting in the Wi/Ht then he could become a Regular just like anyone else who posted here often).
4. All voting shall take place through E-MAIL. Posting your votes or using a messanger to place your votes is not acceptable. You can't post your votes for obvious reasons (well, hopefully they're obvious). The reason I don't want to handle voting through an instant messanger is because there is no solid saved proof of your votes, I could easily (and probably would) forget them.
5. Inclusion Votes: Inclusion votes are set up in the following format during e-mail voting. Each Regular gets 3 votes of which one is worth 3 points, one is worth 2 points, and one is worth 1 point. Whichever "Potential" recieves the most points is added to the list on the update. All Regulars must use all of their inclusion votes if they choose to use one, it's either all 3 votes or no vote.
6. Out Vote: This vote is optional and isn't often used. This is used when the Regulars feel that one among the ranks has fallen in activity and isn't really a Regular anymore. Every election each Regular recieves one optional exclusion vote and when one person recieves 3 or more exclusion votes then they are retired. If more than 1 person recieves over 3 exclusion votes then whoever recieves the most is excluded. Other situations, such as ties, shall be examined by RedCircle and I and a suitable outcome shall be obtained.
7. Potentials: These are users who have been active recently in the Wi/Ht forum and meet the requirements to be added to the Regulars List. These users are added to the Potentials List which is what the Regulars choose from to use their Inclusion Votes.
8. Voting begins on the following days depending on the month, unless stated otherwise:
This way there are 8 days to vote, giving plenty of time for Regulars to check through the Potentials activity and made a decision on who is the most worthy. The summer months; June, July, and August--give 10 days to vote due to summer vacations and etc.
9. The updates shall always be posted on the first of each month, unless other circumstances arise. These include e-mail problems and other mishaps that can occur, nothing is perfect after all.
10. Retired Regulars may be revoted onto the list, but not the following month that they were retired. Example: If I am voted off for this August update, I may not be readded to the list for the September update. This rule also applies for a newly voted Regular being voted off.
11. Ties in election shall be broken up by sign-up date unless stated otherwise.
If there are any other things that are unclear then ask and I shall explain.
The following shall be posted (in this order):
Past Updates (w/ month)
Potentials List (w/ votes)
Out Votes (w/ totals)
Retired Regulars (w/ month)
Ascended Regulars (w/ month)
Regulars List (w/ updates)