00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

As: Checking { [ ( With As

3,122 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

As: Checking { [ ( With As 2005-06-28 14:34:46

Note : This tutorial is from Inglor. He reached the max (4) new topics limit per day so he asked me to post this for him. Here we go :

AS: Main

Are you trying to parse your own scripting language? having an hard time with the {'s and with the ['s

with a stack all this can be solved

you don't have to write your own stack,flash arrays have built in push and pop action, just watch the movie, and process the code string with the array ;)

post any questions

The movie

I know this isn't explaining things to the end, that's why I'm replying to questions

- Inglor

ey

BBS Signature

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2005-06-28 14:35:49

thanks man,

like I said, feel free to ask question everybody

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2005-06-28 14:40:27

I think my brain is fried from reading too many AS: threads, but have absolutely no idea what that does.

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2005-06-28 14:45:01

let's say you have the following code

on(release){
trace("hello");
}

flash parses it somehow right? it checks it's syntax first, assuming at one point you'll want to make your own sub-scripting language for more complex tasks in AS, this is how you check syntax

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2005-10-12 17:59:49

ok, um, this is probably the least helpful AS thread ive seen...

instead of just waiting for questions, shouldnt you post the AS to make that, and then answer any questions about it?

because i would like to know how to make a programming language within flash, like interactive buddy, but maybe not so powerful. \:

snyggys

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2006-01-06 14:14:00

I just checked this again and realised there is nothing here, it's like me making a topic about how to make your own programming language and just saying "You make it!". You didn't teach anything, the only real thing was about using an array to check for validation but that's it.

Kinda pointless, there wasn't even any AS in here - just a tiny bit of theory.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to As: Checking { [ ( With As 2006-01-06 14:20:11

At 1/6/06 02:14 PM, -liam- wrote: Kinda pointless, there wasn't even any AS in here - just a tiny bit of theory.

lol, i like the "you make it" reference. kudos for bumping the only AS thread that i think doesnt belong on the AS: MAIN list. i do think this is useful for ONE thing, and thats for making a mathematical function parser. gives a good insight of how to check for parenthetical delimiters.

BBS Signature