00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fight club

1,062 Views | 19 Replies

fight club 2005-05-25 23:27:41

okay i just finished watching it. I tuned in late so i dont know much of what was going on. It was pretty sweet but what the hell was going on? Was it suppose to be about gen x?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:31:04

I've been meaning to watch it, never did i just watched the fight.

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:31:40

At 5/25/05 11:31 PM, AnzRage wrote: I've been meaning to watch it, never did i just watched the fight.

than dont post.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:36:32

At 5/25/05 11:27 PM, Kasualty wrote: okay i just finished watching it. I tuned in late so i dont know much of what was going on. It was pretty sweet but what the hell was going on? Was it suppose to be about gen x?

the whole movie the main character thought that brad pitts character was a real person but really hes just gone off his rocker (insane) and made up brad pitts character to cope with his probelms in life so everything brad pitt character was doing like blowning up the credit card bluidings it was actually the guy that was insane that was doing it so he puts the gone to his mouth and fires it but it goes through his cheek and he "sees" it go through brad pitts mouth. then he is sane again....youhave to watch the whole movie to really fully understand

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:37:37

The ending of the movie sucked compared to the book.

Fancy Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:39:20

What about all the other fight club members, are they fake too?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:41:12

At 5/25/05 11:37 PM, Pink_Floyd wrote: The ending of the movie sucked compared to the book.

It was cool when it played the pixies, otherwise it would have sucked completely.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:42:44

This is has got to be one of my all-time favorite movies. Not just for the awesome viloence but also for the deep philosophical meanings it had wrapped in it as well. It definitely takes a couple of sittings to appreciate. And it's always good when you're in the mood for some badassness.

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:42:54

go rent it and watch it its much better that way!!!! duh silly!

OmG hawttY<~~~~ click this....

u can pull my hair N my smack ass, N you bet i'll call you daddy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:44:19

At 5/25/05 11:41 PM, Kasualty wrote:
At 5/25/05 11:37 PM, Pink_Floyd wrote: The ending of the movie sucked compared to the book.
It was cool when it played the pixies, otherwise it would have sucked completely.

that part played at the right time to.... oh and the other members are real

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:45:30

Hey first rule of Fight Club is dont talk about fight club!

Response to fight club 2005-05-25 23:58:46

I guess you gotta cut off my balls.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-26 00:00:01

I am jack's gigantic penis

I think in the end the movie is really about how modern life kills us all inside and how we need to escape it.

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-26 00:00:55

I loved the flick I still really want to read the book.

Response to fight club 2005-05-26 00:02:35

Fight Club, a fantastic movie by any standards. Here's the run down. Edward Norton's character has gone insane, as you can plainly see in the beginnin. The insomnia, (captured perfectly by the way), the group therapy meetings, he's trying to find something to fil the void. Then comes along Brad Pitt's character. Who is in fact, a part of Norton's psyche manifested to real life. Everything that Pitt does, is actually just Norton. "They" start a club appropriatly named Fight Club, where everyone beats the shit out of eachother. Hey, it's something to do. Eventually this leads to Project Mayhem, where members of Fight Club begin causing just that, mayhem. Norton becomes the top enemy to PM because he thinks Pitt is taking it too far, and wants it to stop. Eventually, in the brilliant ending to this brilliant movie, Norton finds out he has been calling the shots the whole time as Pitt, who is actually him. Those are just the basics. There's a lot more to this movie.

Response to fight club 2005-05-26 00:02:42

At 5/25/05 11:41 PM, Kasualty wrote:

And when the wang flashed like he did in those Disney movies at the theatre, that was hilarious.....

Response to fight club 2005-05-28 10:17:00

Fight Club is an anti-materialism movie. Originally a book. I highly recommend you watch it atleast twice. There are tons of little things. Like when Edwards character says "Tyler's gone. Tyler went away." Another thing to note is that the narrator doesn't have a name (he used fake names at the help nettings.) Another priceless part that only makes since the second time is the scene when Edwards character is beating himself up infront of his boss and he interludes "For some reason, I thought of my first fight with Tyler." The messages are never try to be complete; Your material doesn't make you; And with enough soap, you can blow up anything.

Response to fight club 2005-05-28 10:23:28

The Book is better than the film, but the film is fucking awesome so it is saying something ^^

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-28 10:33:21

At 5/28/05 10:24 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 5/28/05 10:23 AM, Hybr1d wrote: The Book is better than the film, but the film is fucking awesome so it is saying something ^^
I'll be honest, as much as I love the film, i hate watching movies. I may pick up the book someday.

I really recommend it. There are some parts of the story that couldn't really be shown properly through a film when you compare it to the book. Chuck Palahniuk is a great author.

did my worst

BBS Signature

Response to fight club 2005-05-28 13:28:45

hey kasualty, Have a cup of stfu with a double dose of noob with it.