00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Voice Recorder

1,645 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A Voice Recorder 2005-05-03 19:55:30

i really need a recorder that can lower your voice to make it sound more manly or teenage like. i'm 13 and i'm gonna be frank my voice is sounds kinda young. so, i need a recorder that has those capabilities. i used to have ejay but that gave my computer some nasty viruses. have any suggestions?

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-03 20:10:46

Audacity has options where you can lower/higher the pitch of your voice.

However, if you plan to voice act, I'd suggest not using these options, as they are usually seen as 'voice cheating'. Unless of course you're playing a rather weird sounding character, and it is necessary to use such options (I.E.: Foamy, Satan, etc.).

BBS Signature

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-03 20:44:06

Wavelab, acid pro if you know someone with a copy that you can use, they're a little overpriced for what you want otherwise. Is audacity free? Only i might have to get it to play with it.

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-03 21:23:22

Yep, Audacity is free. Cool Edit Pro is good, too, but it costs a lot, since now it has been bought by Adobe and turned into "Adobe Audition".

BBS Signature

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-04 01:42:40

You could try and find an old vocal effects processor.

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-04 05:33:15

At 5/3/05 09:23 PM, Elliair wrote: Yep, Audacity is free. Cool Edit Pro is good, too, but it costs a lot, since now it has been bought by Adobe and turned into "Adobe Audition".

Hmm i've heard good things about cool edit pro, since i've heard adobe havent done much to it, i recommend buying one of the older versions ie whilst it was still cool edit pro, if you can find it.

Response to A Voice Recorder 2005-05-04 09:58:46

Ahahahaha. Its alright d00d the time will come, and you wont even know it. As for changing that just talk with your hard cupping over your mouth and the microphone and it will get deeper, but it will also get louder. Also theres probably some voice distortion on Audacity that highers the bass in your voice.