00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How did you discover NG?

2,776 Views | 56 Replies

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 09:45:31

My brothers friend told me about this site but before that another friend told me about eskimo bob but i forgot the name.........so i first went on in04 i think

I mizzed diz shit.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 09:52:49

When i was 10, in 2000, a friend showed me Pico school and after i played it i started browsing NG for games and stuff. Then in 2004 i said to myself: "Hey, i should create and account on NG!" I'm angry against myself for not signing up sooner.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 10:20:17

A few years ago, a kid asked me "Do you go to Newgrounds?" I replied, "Newgrounds? Tell me more..."

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 10:30:13

Back in '99, a friend of mine showed me the site because of some funny-ass mk spoof, and some classic harry potter/dragonball z spoof. I loved it, but then my firend left for america and so i kinda forgot about teh site. Then one summer of 2004 i think, i redoscovered the site out of boredom, and of course, got crack-addicted to it.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 10:34:10

Man, It was years ago, A guy was talking to me about his site. I Didn't sign up right then and there, months past ( up to 7) and Then I finaly got an account

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 10:35:28

a friend told me about it...yep, that's all that happend.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:03:55

i think i first discoverd it bye going to one of my friends for like the whole summer and he was already a member of ng. I signed up on 12/4/04. Then i later signed up. Since i didnt have flash on my computer i made some flashes on his...they were pretty crappy because i ddint know how to use it yet. Still to this day i'm not so good but i enjoy viewing other's on NG

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:18:33

My Brother told me about it in 1999, unfortunatly i didnt make an account til a year or so ago. I still remember The Seven Seagal Episodes that were top of the top 50 chart.
Why did those get taken off?

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:29:46

I think I was looking for something to do with a game, like cheats or something, then I found a link to this site for some reason. At first I thought this site was horrible, but I got used to it lol. :D And the only reason I made an acc was so I could vote big 5's on MrChocobo's work. ;)

dsa

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:32:15

My friend wanted to show me some DBZ flashes. I had a bit of a look at NG later on, but I wasn't too interested. Later last year, I did look at the site and decided to join. I just joined all of sudden without a reason and I guess that was really unusual. Oh well, at least I did know how to deposit the day I joined.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:33:20

At 4/27/05 10:34 AM, mariah2390 wrote: Man, It was years ago, A guy was talking to me about his site. I Didn't sign up right then and there, months past ( up to 7) and Then I finaly got an account

your thirteen.... "years ago" you would have been 9 or 10... why is there a 9 or 10 year old girl looking up newgrounds, which back then, would have bee nat the height of it's notoriety ( assassin, club a seal, Pico's School, and the infamous Tellybubby Funland )

your 13, your too young to be on this site, go away...

ANYWAY...

my buddy told me about it in 2nd year.... so that would have been about 6 years ago...

MOTHER OF FUCK, ive been coming here for six years....
allthough i stopped logging on here right after i signed up for some reason

first thing i ever saw on here (as far as i remember) was telebubby funland...
on my piece of shit modem it took a good 15 minutes to download...

i have the exact same computer right now as i did when i first saw newgrounds....

</sentimental bullshit>

as a wise man once said - " i don't know whats i be doin'... "

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:34:27

a website call online.sector.sk would have a whole bunch of games from newgrounds on there, and so i just started to go to newgrounds after awhile to play games, and then i signed up, to vote and stuff, and then i started to post a lot! now mostly eeryone here hates yea for me!

OmG hawttY<~~~~ click this....

u can pull my hair N my smack ass, N you bet i'll call you daddy

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:35:40

well about 8 days after i got my new computer and all my internet was set up (3 years ago or so) i was going around on the internet with my computer after having put up with slow internet everyday of my life before and was just searching around on sites and eventualy just ended up here i dident stay long the first time but then i kept coming back and so on and well im here now and i cant leave

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:37:50

The first time I came to NG was when a friend told me aboout it... it was back in 1998... at the time I didn't really want to come to the site... Why? because NewGRUNDS sounded like UnderGROUND.... and I had visited some underground sites that had given me viruses... until I decided to come to NG and I liked it.... then I never came back until 2002 when I made my grounds gold account and came to the BBS like 2 yrs ago.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:38:32

I found out about this place through a friend of mine while I was at vocational school.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 11:49:45

i don't remember how i discovered NG. it was six months ago. i knew about NG, but i didn't know about this community stuff and the experience system, so i didn't sign up. to be honest, i had absolutely no idea what forums were. i used the internet only for downloading stuff, but now i know that there's a hell of a lot more to it than meets the eye. i think i joined at a bad time, because a lot of users are saying that the forum was more popular a few years back or something. well, at least i'll be able to submit my flash here when i make some.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 12:53:05

The first time I came to this site was because of Brutallity I think. I remember having to wait for a good 20 minutes for it to load too. That was when I was all DBZish. I used to visit here every once in a while but I really saw no need in signing up. Then I started getting into flash couple of months ago and created my account.

"I span the genre Vince. They call me the genre spanner."

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 12:57:36

At 4/27/05 07:18 AM, xcloudx wrote: First saw it in 98, a friend showed me it and showed me the funny celebrety killing games on it.
Then i forgot about it. But later found it by playing Pico's school on another website and clicked the link to here. I was then hooked.

Why does everyone say this. You did not come here in 99 or 98 or 95..

Just admit you found it around your sign up date.

But I did come here in 99, and I still have my account to prove it. :D

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:18:57

At 4/27/05 12:57 PM, DAVE wrote: Why does everyone say this. You did not come here in 99 or 98 or 95..

Just admit you found it around your sign up date.

But I did come here in 99, and I still have my account to prove it. :D

Because they think the real old timers will except them or they want to seem more cool. With the way sign up dates are no way to prove who was or wasn't here before 12/15/99. I highly doubt those who say anything before 98. Most people will reference stuff from the history of the site, which is so obivous.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:28:50

Classmate show me Skullkid. Been stuck ever since.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:30:21

I can't remember, but my earliest NG memory is playing all the Assassin games like Kill Judge Judy and that one where you have to snipe Arnold Schwarzenegger in a ballet costume. That was back in 2001. I could have had such a high level if I had signed up then ;_;

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:30:39

i came hear a looong time ago after i found joecartoon a friend said yo this site is better and showed me NG. it was a long time ago tho and it was way different. i didnt sign up for a account till a loong ways later.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:34:55

i found out when a mate went on it at school but then it got banned for inappropiate content

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:36:14

Well, I found this game called Pico's School at some other game site. I liked that game so I visited NG for the first time (about one year ago). I left almost immediatly cause I didn't really get what kind of site this was. A couple of months later (somewhere december last year) I thought, mm what would be a good name for a website, Newgrounds sounds good. I was sure I've seen that name before so I went on the internet and this site came out offcourse. I checked some stuff out and after a couple of weeks a decided to join NG and it's one of the most addictive sites I've ever been to. I could have been lvl 11 or 12 by now if I signed up when I first visited, but I don't really mind.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 13:50:07

It was an accident I swear.

There I was, searching for "French Erotic Film" (by TmsT if I remember rightly) on Google, and then up popped Newgrounds. Intrigued, I clicked the link and have been here ever since (about four days).

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 15:54:35

A friend came to school and started quoting "the matrix has you". the first movie i saw, was the cinemarggg one with buzz lightyear and woody, where the kill each other.

Response to How did you discover NG? 2005-04-27 15:56:32

My friend showed me Xiao Xiao in 02 and ya.

BBS Signature