00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Office Update (again)

17,913 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 09:47:46

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote:
As for signage... I hate to disappoint, but I don't plan to get too garish with the NG branding on the front of the building. I want to keep it tasteful (for the sake of the neighborhood) and will probably name it the "Newgrounds Design Center" or something like that. I'm not planning to paint the tank logo on the exterior, but if I put a glass front on the building, I'm thinking an interior wall with a giant mural might look pretty cool from the street. Who knows, there's tons of potential.

Hey Tom, how about having a contest on naming/nicknaming your building if you get it. I would call it the "Portal" since the portal is where new ideas and work comes into NG.

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 09:52:21

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: This place combines the best combination of price, location and space. You can walk to the train, some bars / restaurants and even to a WAWA...

Judging from your recent frontpage escapades, I'm surprised you're not planning to build a bar right into the office, you alco, you. :)

This all sounds very promising for Newgrounds. There was a while there where I was starting to think you guys had forgotten about flash, but I get the feeling this means we'll be seeing more and more inhouse NG content?

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 09:57:35

I'm glad to hear that you're trying to get the building. I'm taking a wild guess at predicting the future, but someday I see Newgrounds becoming more than just about the website. Like a Sundance Film Festival kind of thing.
Good luck making the deal final.

Oh, and make sure your office has a big fountain. ;-) (South Park joke)

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 10:06:33

Well good luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 10:39:26

Sounds promising...

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:00:52

as i said before, go for it! NEWGROUNDS WILL FINALLY HAVCE AN hq, AND YOU'LL BE KICKING BIG INDUSTRIES IN THE BALLS!

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:08:13

btw, how are things going with the company which wanted to destroy the building?

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:09:20

Wow, this office sounds cool...

I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if NG members could come and visit you in the office, like have a look around and meet you... just come in and say hi and maybe a drink or whatever.

That would be awesome.

You could have a password protected door, only way to get in is with your NG member name and password!

Or.. not...

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:17:06

all i got to say is.......im a scat man!

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:18:16

If its that big why not move in? Or are you already.

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:22:31

At 4/19/05 09:52 AM, pythagoras- wrote:
At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: This place combines the best combination of price, location and space. You can walk to the train, some bars / restaurants and even to a WAWA...
Judging from your recent frontpage escapades, I'm surprised you're not planning to build a bar right into the office, you alco, you. :)

This all sounds very promising for Newgrounds. There was a while there where I was starting to think you guys had forgotten about flash, but I get the feeling this means we'll be seeing more and more inhouse NG content?

A bar isn't out of the question. :)

I would definitely like to expand our game-producing capabilities. I have always been the sole Flash programmer when it comes to original NG games, but I wouldn't mind having a team on-site! I would like to maintain a certain quality control with any future NG games, I don't want to just buy up stuff and slap a logo on it.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:41:21

At 4/19/05 09:37 AM, the_unknown_soldier wrote: But what the hell is a wawa?

Wawa
Best. Convenience Store. Ever.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 11:49:23

At 4/19/05 11:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: A bar isn't out of the question. :)

Lol, Tom and his crazy adventures :)

I would definitely like to expand our game-producing capabilities.

Sounds nice, do I hear AH2 coming?

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 12:02:58

At 4/19/05 11:22 AM, TomFulp wrote:
A bar isn't out of the question. :)

I would definitely like to expand our game-producing capabilities. I have always been the sole Flash programmer when it comes to original NG games, but I wouldn't mind having a team on-site! I would like to maintain a certain quality control with any future NG games, I don't want to just buy up stuff and slap a logo on it.

Have you thought about the possibility of an in-house recording studio that can be used to compliment your Video game AND Flash animation work? Seems like a logical step if you're going for it.

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 12:14:05

At 4/19/05 11:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: I would definitely like to expand our game-producing capabilities. I have always been the sole Flash programmer when it comes to original NG games, but I wouldn't mind having a team on-site! I would like to maintain a certain quality control with any future NG games, I don't want to just buy up stuff and slap a logo on it.

WERES PICO 2 >:(

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 12:28:44

Hey Tom-
Good going with the office!! I live in the area and would love to see it or possibly help you out with fixing it up or anything---just send me an e-mail!

Pre-congratulations!!

-Rob Feldman

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 12:59:51

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote: I always wanted something with two floors

Drunken rages + stairs = comedy.

As for signage... I hate to disappoint

You should have a NG tank door mat.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:08:56

At 4/19/05 01:01 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I'm not planning to paint the tank logo on the exterior

:(

But seriously, it sounds like an awesome idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:14:09

Hope you get it Tom it will be good to get outta the basement mate :)

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:23:26

:The hardware is located in a hosting facility in downtown Philadelphia. As for the space... Maybe we'll screen Flash cartoons and independent films at night, who knows. It's all about the potential.

That's an excellent idea! You've got enough experience to create a buzz about a mini Flash festival. Maybe donate the money to some organization just to entice people to participate in a worthy cause and also make people familiar with the new office and what you do there.

A Newgrounds Flash Game Team? Shit, Tom, it's times like this when I wish you still worked in Atlanta! What do you mean, " I don't want to just buy up stuff and slap a logo on it. " Are you referring to buying games that other developers make in-house at the NG office?

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:34:16

Sounds like you need to hire Afro Ninja.

But tell him he needs a haircut first.

Also... I think we found our "grand ballroom" for the Meetup in June. I shall bring my dancing shoes!

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:37:23

At 4/19/05 11:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: I would definitely like to expand our game-producing capabilities. I have always been the sole Flash programmer when it comes to original NG games, but I wouldn't mind having a team on-site!

Well... I like the sound of this Tom. Just say the words and I'll be over there in a 'jiffy', I'd love to help you out Tom and I know you'd love my 1337 actionscript skills on your side.

Check this awesome.. urm.. Make a maze game! Draw the lines and move the block with your arrow keys.

Tom, you can have that for free.

<3

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:42:37

Nice, Tom.

Next time I go down to philly I'll bring some hockey gear and a few cold ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 13:46:06

Gotta love WaWa. It has to be the most convenient convenience store on the planet.

Anyway, good luck with all this, Tom.

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:05:45

neat hope it all goes well but 4,000 sft is huge! i mean if you can fit it in your basement the how are you gonna put it in a huge office

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:14:38

At 4/19/05 01:34 PM, DanMalo wrote:

Sounds like you need to hire Afro Ninja.

But tell him he needs a haircut first.

Haha, I think working for NG would be the one place that I wouldn't have to cut it =)

But seriously though, I graduate college in one year. Get a Newgrounds flash team together by then and I'll be packing my bags for philly

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:34:57

wise decision. no doubt, this will have a great impact on the rest of your life.

BBS Signature

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:38:31

stop fucking around and make pico 2!!!!!! ><

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:43:39

Just imagine doing a press release from the front steps of Newgrounds HQ.. :D

Response to Office Update (again) 2005-04-19 14:46:14

Best of luck with the inspections. Glad to see things working out for you my man :) And if those guys next door who wanted to rip down the building give you any hassle just plaster there office windows and cars in NG stickers.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature