00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,422 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:01:13

Can I copy other peoples music but it isn't them playing its like me just on the guitar and that's it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:04:58

Thanks for stealing my idea. ;-)
But it's good topic, maybe I can answer some questions myself.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:10:20

At 4/8/05 09:01 PM, -repent- wrote: Can I copy other peoples music but it isn't them playing its like me just on the guitar and that's it

That's not making a whole lot of sense, but I'm not liking the sound of it.

Are you talking about using the bundled demo songs and adding your own guitar to it? At any rate, don't submit pieces of music you didn't make, please!

At 4/8/05 09:04 PM, Meander wrote: Thanks for stealing my idea. ;-)

Hey, now! I've had the idea for a while, but the Audio Forum just came up! It's a good idea in itself, besides.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:13:51

Alright, RageVI, what exactly is FruityLoops? I have been wondering this for a while.

Fancy Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:14:06

At 4/8/05 09:10 PM, RageVI wrote: Are you talking about using the bundled demo songs and adding your own guitar to it? At any rate, don't submit pieces of music you didn't make, please!

I think he's talking about doing covers of existing songs.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 21:19:01

No I mean like take a riff from a song and just play it on the guitar.

Ex: I play Sweet Child O Mine on the guitar

It's my guitar but it isn't my song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 22:58:55

How exactly do you get the actual techno/trance sounds? All I have is short synth,

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-08 23:54:17

At 4/8/05 10:58 PM, Digitalized wrote: How exactly do you get the actual techno/trance sounds? All I have is short synth,

It depends on what you mean by that. By you saying "short synth", I'm assuming that you're having problems getting a nice, solid lead sound.

You may want to explore the parameters of your synthesizer. Some of them, such as the sustain and decay parameters, will cut your synth short when set a certain way.

I'm still not totally certain what trouble you're having, though. Could you give more details?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 01:18:30

Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 03:01:47

I'm very glad to see this forum implenated. Go Audio Artists!

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, RageVI wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

Cool, I got a quick question, do you typically use soundfonts & other types of instruments for your songs?

At 4/9/05 01:18 AM, Crazy_Train wrote: Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you

I'm not sure for the shareware version, but usually you can check at:

File > Save as > and under Save as type > MPEG layer 3 file. Or just Export under file.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 11:49:05

thank you so muck red

i will be submetting alot now. THank you

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 12:26:46

At 4/8/05 09:10 PM, RageVI wrote:
Are you talking about using the bundled demo songs and adding your own guitar to it? At any rate, don't submit pieces of music you didn't make, please!

I know this isnt personal, but what are DJ's meant to do if they want to remix something? I know some will use their own synth and rewrite a track, but sometimes a mix of two well known songs can be buzzing or hilarious.

Were you just concerned with him nicking a demonstration sound and posting it?

At 4/8/05 09:04 PM, Meander wrote: Thanks for stealing my idea. ;-)
Hey, now! I've had the idea for a while, but the Audio Forum just came up! It's a good idea in itself, besides.

Indeed. It'll funny to see how it'll turn out, the conflicting natures of competition and trying to be nice to each other. :) Best of luck all i say, if you say the same to me :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 13:02:08

Why hello there, Rage. Do you know where I can get any Amen DnB loops that I could easily slice in Fruity Slicer?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 14:03:09

At 4/8/05 11:54 PM, RageVI wrote: I'm still not totally certain what trouble you're having, though. Could you give more details?

Ok, nevermind, I found out how to lengthen the sample clips.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 16:03:58

When I try to extend the thingy where you place the beats..... it extend to a limited number.. it lasts like ten second, how do you make 3 minute songs?

You could really go for a chocolate chip cookie right about now...

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 17:17:11

At 4/9/05 04:03 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: When I try to extend the thingy where you place the beats..... it extend to a limited number.. it lasts like ten second, how do you make 3 minute songs?

1) Click the Playlist button (or press F5)
2) Add loops on the appropriate layer by left-clicking

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-09 21:50:57

At 4/9/05 03:01 AM, RichSun wrote:
Cool, I got a quick question, do you typically use soundfonts & other types of instruments for your songs?

I used to use soundfonts a lot, but I now more frequently use Reason ReFills (Along with using ReWire, since I use FL for sequencing), and external hardware (Yamaha Clavinova CVP-207)

At 4/9/05 12:26 PM, SpamWarrior wrote:
Were you just concerned with him nicking a demonstration sound and posting it?

That's pretty much it. Going through my duties as an audio mod, I've seen it happen a lot.

At 4/9/05 12:39 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
How come my disted oscillators gets so insanely screwed when I use a reverb with them?It starts to overloop or something...

Simply adding reverb shouldn't screw up your sound. I think your problem may be the order in which you are placing the effects. If you have the reverb added before the distortion, it will distort all of the reverb as well, and you'll get a very ugly sound. Make sure that reverb is placed under the distortion effect. Does this fix your problem? If not, give a few more details =)

At 4/9/05 01:02 PM, -api- wrote: Why hello there, Rage. Do you know where I can get any Amen DnB loops that I could easily slice in Fruity Slicer?

Oh, man, there's so many sample resources out there! Unfortunately, I don't have the time that I'd like in order to be able to point you to some of them, but I did find a page that you should get use out of.

http://remixer.com/beats/

They're all in MP3 format, but it shouldn't be too hard to be able to use them. On that page, I also found this.

THE amen drum break! Enjoy.

http://remixer.com/beats/amnbreak.MP3

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 12:32:53

in the sampler the clap sound is the only thing thats working. the kick drum wont sow up neither will the hi hate or snare. what do i do?i can only hear the clap sound. thx in advance

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 14:54:08

At 4/10/05 12:32 PM, Teh_RAWRR wrote: in the sampler the clap sound is the only thing thats working. the kick drum wont sow up neither will the hi hate or snare. what do i do?i can only hear the clap sound. thx in advance

It seems that you do not have the bundled sound codec installed.

In your FLStudio folder, go to System\Installers\VorbisACM.

In that folder, right click vorbisacm.inf and select install. You should be able to hear all of the bundled samples now

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 15:36:03

At 4/9/05 09:50 PM, RageVI wrote: THE amen drum break! Enjoy.

http://remixer.com/beats/amnbreak.MP3

I CANNOT believe I did not see that. I have searched for HOURS.

Oh, and P.S., I love you.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 15:51:42

Since you are my new best friend, is there any way for me to use more than one instrument with Fast Dist applied without there being any sound conflicts or crackle? I would love a way :( If only i had Reason.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 16:08:23

How do you extend the length of the song? I still haven't been able to get past a 6-second loop.

Also, is it possible to open existing MP3 files in order to edit/remix them in FruityLoops, or will I need a different program to do that?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-10 16:34:03

At 4/10/05 04:08 PM, -KimPossible- wrote: How do you extend the length of the song? I still haven't been able to get past a 6-second loop.

See the included picture(thnx to Denvish!), you have to use playlist en there 'draw' your 6-second loops.

Also, is it possible to open existing MP3 files in order to edit/remix them in FruityLoops, or will I need a different program to do that?

Yes it can in the newest Fruityloops. Otherwise you'll need to convert your mp3 file to WAV. Or use another program to edit the mp3, like soundforge or cooledit.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-11 10:19:33

Can you link me some tutorials please?
kthxbai.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-11 13:38:15

ok Im back again with another question. i have posted so far 2 songs but I have a size issue(or maybe not Im n00b at this) One of my songs is Size: 1,531.47kb is there a way to compress it or should I not worry about it? thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-11 13:45:53

At 4/11/05 01:38 PM, Crazy_Train wrote: ok Im back again with another question. i have posted so far 2 songs but I have a size issue(or maybe not Im n00b at this) One of my songs is Size: 1,531.47kb is there a way to compress it or should I not worry about it? thanks

Don't worry about it, the AP allows file sizes of up to 4Mb (~4000kb). A large percentage of submitted audio is 3+ Mb (which makes it a trifle annoying when I have to clear the AP's pending list), so 1.5 Mb is definitely not overly huge.

It is possible to compress your mp3s when exporting from FL, by dropping the bitrate. 128kb is probably more than adequate, considering that Flash artists are going to compress the sound a lot when they export it in Flash (if they have any sense, they'll drop it to 32kb bitrate or less)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-11 17:07:33

At 4/11/05 10:19 AM, Yoow wrote: Can you link me some tutorials please?
kthxbai.

that would help me too. being new everything I come up with is to strait-forward(listen to my only three songs and you'll see what I mean) there ok but I wanna be good. I tried the tutorials in the program but that pissed me off. Hard to read and annoying. If there is a sight that has you go step by step and shows me by having me do it would be great. Thanks so much for your help and for making the most needed thread

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-12 19:04:21

At 4/11/05 05:07 PM, Crazy_Train wrote:
At 4/11/05 10:19 AM, Yoow wrote: Can you link me some tutorials please?
that would help me too.

I'm in the process of trying to gather some tut links for various programs, but it's a big job. Here's what I have for FL so far:

Fruity Loops online manual
fltutorials.com
FL: Basics
FL: Piano Roll
FL: Piano Roll 2
FL: Adding a wav channel
FL: Adding a VST channel
FL: Using Effects
FL: Tutorial
FL: Making beats
FL: Bass using OSC
FL: Using plugins
FL: Making DnB
FL: Making DnB (advanced)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-13 03:40:32

At 4/10/05 03:51 PM, -api- wrote: Since you are my new best friend, is there any way for me to use more than one instrument with Fast Dist applied without there being any sound conflicts or crackle? I would love a way :( If only i had Reason.

If you have FL, you are further ahead than you would be with Reason.
FL is a true VST host, allowing you to use any VST or DX synth and or effect... your options are limitless.

FL also allows rex files and mp3s to be manipulated if this was a concern.
I have been using FL since 98 and often talk with jean-marie, the creator about it... he is active in the FL forums and often adds to the software optioons based directly upon what current users request.