00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

darkwerewolf just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,086 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 13:33:16

At 6/12/08 06:08 PM, clarkitupp wrote:
At 4/9/05 01:18 AM, Crazy-Train wrote: Ok i am using the free version I made a few decent loops and i want to post it. they are saved as the default .flp( i think not to sure) how do i go about changing them to .mp3 so i can post it on ng? thank you
what is the fre version???????

Well he's probably talking about the free** version of FL since this is the ask FL questions thread.

Anyway with the demo you just go to file>export>export as mp3 or whatev. I don't mess with FL much anymore but it should still be the same.

!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 19:46:15

Ocon is alive?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 22:11:13

At 6/15/08 07:46 PM, Envy wrote: Ocon is alive?

Yeah >>>

At 6/15/08 09:01 AM, Envy wrote: I thought teh shirtless pics were over 8(

And OCON has been busy I guess, I talked to him the other day.

You guys are such goofballs

Achievement: +1 post count acquired!!!

STFU This sig is original ... Therefore another 1000 people have it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 22:12:33

Sry, that comment was made by 0con. It was actually like this -

At 6/15/08 01:27 PM, 0con wrote:
At 6/15/08 09:01 AM, Envy wrote: I thought teh shirtless pics were over 8(

And OCON has been busy I guess, I talked to him the other day.
You guys are such goofballs

Achievement: +1 post count acquired!!!

STFU This sig is original ... Therefore another 1000 people have it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-15 22:25:00

At 6/15/08 12:46 PM, BBQSandwich wrote: well, i'm pretty nub so I would like to know 2 things:

1: How can I let my music fade out/in?

To fade your music, all you have to do is create an automation clip. Automation clips are basically things that you can do in FL that control the knobs automatically within the song. To create a fade, you have to right click on the knob you want to automate (if you want to fade in the entire song, you'd right click on the "Master Volume" knob), and click on "Create Automation clip". In your playlist, you should get a line that you can move up and down. To create a fade in, drag the dot from the very left side to the bottom, and the dot on the right side to 100% (or wherever you want the volume to stay at). And if you need to, right click on that line thing and I think that should make another dot, where only between the dot's there will be a difference, and then you can use the knife/ slicing thing at the top to chop off whatever you don't need.

Hopefully that makes sense.

2: What is sidechaining and how can I use it?

Sidechainnig.... well, I think that this tutorial by Nav describes it better thatn I could. so check that out.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-16 14:15:40

Thank you very veryyyyyy much :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-16 14:53:38

Can anybody tell me how to slowly change the bass/treble of an instrument in a song like a transition, as heard in so many songs? I've been trying to figure out how to do this forever and I decided id finally just ask.

Thanks!!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-16 15:15:43

At 6/16/08 02:53 PM, FunkmasterCatking wrote: Can anybody tell me how to slowly change the bass/treble of an instrument in a song like a transition, as heard in so many songs? I've been trying to figure out how to do this forever and I decided id finally just ask.

Thanks!!

Open up a filter in an effects channel, set it to a highcut or a lowpass (they're the same thing, just different names) then automate the cutoff frequency.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 00:02:48

A couple of questions:

1) Ive been attempting to record my brother's guitar playing on FL, but the recording comes out awfully quiet and is laden with obnoxious clicks when I use the Edison plugin. I basically hook up the guitar to my M-Audio Fast Track interface, and play away, but there is no control for volume for guitar input. What do you think I should do differently next time?

2) Is there some way I can utilize FL slayer with my guitar?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 00:13:52

I know other people have probably asked this question, but I'm too lazy to search through all 80 pages of the posts.

Whats a midi?

Sorry if this question seems pathetic, or if a midi has nothing to do with fruityloops, but this it is just driving me nuts.

Also, is there a free form of using fruityloops, and if not whats the most inexpensive but still good type of fruityloops program.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 00:41:29

At 6/17/08 12:13 AM, radical1234567890 wrote: ... Whats a midi?

MIDI is basically note data, and not really an audio format. They are usually used for "remixes" and stuff (using MIDI is highly looked down upon if you're doing it for remixes. For example, finding a MIDI for a song in a Sonic game and putting that MIDI data into FL's piano roll and adding instruments using that note data is very bannable, I believe).

If you want to know how to use MIDI in FL, here's a way: open up the piano roll, then in the top left corner click on the arrow, and go to "File > Open score". Then you find the MIDI you want to use, and it will place that pattern in the piano roll. If you create a really cool melody or something, you can also export the melody you made in the piano roll by creating the melody in it's own pattern, and then going to "File > Export > MIDI File" at the very top of FL. This is handy for collaberating with people who don't use the same programs as you, or if you made something cool in one program and want to move it into another program.

Hopefully that answers your question, I think I only touched on MIDI stuff.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 00:59:33

At 6/17/08 12:13 AM, radical1234567890 wrote: Also, is there a free form of using fruityloops, and if not whats the most inexpensive but still good type of fruityloops program.

Sorry to tell you but there is no free form of FL. The trial versions that FL puts out don't let you save your work. So there really is no point in getting them.

getting a free one would be illegal. ;)

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 01:21:54

At 6/17/08 12:59 AM, djconnect wrote:

:The trial versions that FL puts out don't let you save your work. So there really is no point in getting them.

Umm, sure there is. You can export and import midis. Now if you're a starter, you most likely will be using presets first. So it's really not that big of deal to save midis and take five seconds to replace the instruments, anyway.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 01:27:24

At 6/17/08 01:21 AM, Lance wrote:
The trial versions that FL puts out don't let you save your work. So there really is no point in getting them.
Umm, sure there is. You can export and import midis. Now if you're a starter, you most likely will be using presets first. So it's really not that big of deal to save midis and take five seconds to replace the instruments, anyway.

Well if you just using it to export midi files to be used in another program anyways what is the point? you could just create the midi in a full free program. Importing them could be used to mess around with different sounds. Tho I find pointless because you can not save or export your work after. So it is only good until you close the program.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 01:30:00

At 6/17/08 01:27 AM, djconnect wrote:
The trial versions that FL puts out don't let you save your work. So there really is no point in getting them.
Well if you just using it to export midi files to be used in another program anyways what is the point? you could just create the midi in a full free program. Importing them could be used to mess around with different sounds. Tho I find pointless because you can not save or export your work after. So it is only good until you close the program.

You're missing the point. You export your midi using the demo of FL, and then import the midi back into FL later. This will save all your note data. This can be with the demo version of FL.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 01:35:44

At 6/17/08 01:30 AM, Lance wrote:
You're missing the point. You export your midi using the demo of FL, and then import the midi back into FL later. This will save all your note data. This can be with the demo version of FL.

Ok I see, so you save your note data. Now when you import it you must go thew the work to re add the sound. After doing so you still can not export your finale work. So all you ever come out with is notes with no sound. This seams like allot of pointless work to me. Tho let others make that decision for them selfs. I am done replying to this topic.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 01:46:15

At 6/17/08 01:35 AM, djconnect wrote:
At 6/17/08 01:30 AM, Lance wrote:
Ok I see, so you save your note data. Now when you import it you must go thew the work to re add the sound. After doing so you still can not export your finale work. So all you ever come out with is notes with no sound. This seams like allot of pointless work to me. Tho let others make that decision for them selfs. I am done replying to this topic.

You're telling this newbie that you CANNOT do much with the demo of the FL...and that is mostly untrue. with midi's you can still do a lot of work.

You can export the .wav/mp3s as well, you fail to realize that. The only thing you cant do is save the file in project form.

Newbies:

1. Export the midi (File -> Export -> Midi)
2. Import the midi (File -> Open -> Import Midi)
3. Replace the midi channels with sound
4. If you use FX, write down what you do...or take a screenshot of the FX windows. Again, as a newbie, I don't think you will be doing this a whole lot. You can also just save all the mixing for the end.
5. Take screenshots of the playlist so you can see how you sequenced your patterns
6. Use that as a personal guide, and when your finished export as an mp3 (File -> Export -> Save as MP3)

See, 6 simple steps which can all be done for free. Sure, it take some more time, but if you don't have the money for it yet this a convienent method you can use. Put your mind to it and be creative; it's really not that bad. Of course just for newbies.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 10:13:04

At 6/15/08 10:25 PM, New-Milkman wrote:
At 6/15/08 12:46 PM, BBQSandwich wrote: well, i'm pretty nub so I would like to know 2 things:

1: How can I let my music fade out/in?
To fade your music, all you have to do is create an automation clip. Automation clips are basically things that you can do in FL that control the knobs automatically within the song. To create a fade, you have to right click on the knob you want to automate (if you want to fade in the entire song, you'd right click on the "Master Volume" knob), and click on "Create Automation clip". In your playlist, you should get a line that you can move up and down. To create a fade in, drag the dot from the very left side to the bottom, and the dot on the right side to 100% (or wherever you want the volume to stay at). And if you need to, right click on that line thing and I think that should make another dot, where only between the dot's there will be a difference, and then you can use the knife/ slicing thing at the top to chop off whatever you don't need.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Well, it does make sence for the master volume, ive tried that and it worked for me :D
but with a certain channel I still don't really know how to do it.
I've created an automation clip, but how can I tell it to work for one specific channel?
(Sorry for me being so nub :P)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 12:18:45

At 6/17/08 10:13 AM, BBQSandwich wrote: Well, it does make sence for the master volume, ive tried that and it worked for me :D
but with a certain channel I still don't really know how to do it.
I've created an automation clip, but how can I tell it to work for one specific channel?
(Sorry for me being so nub :P)

Make an automation clip for the volume slider/knob on your channel.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-17 13:38:49

At 6/17/08 12:18 PM, xKore wrote:
Make an automation clip for the volume slider/knob on your channel.

Got it!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-24 19:47:00

ok heres my question though I just got fl and so I hit new but the problem is even though i hit new it won't last when i use the beats for more then about a 5 seconds anyway i can make it longer.

Is some of newgrounds really as unsympathetic as to make fun of something serious and very sad all of the time regardless i never knew him but

RIP Livecorpse

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-24 20:06:26

I need you to elaborate, and to make some sentences. I can barley understand what you are trying to say...

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-24 20:12:03

ok well i opened up fruity loop I clicked file new and clicked on some of the little buttons like kick and hat and had them light up then I hit the play button so my question is can I make it though so that this sequence is longer or basically how do I make a decently long song or what do I use.

Is some of newgrounds really as unsympathetic as to make fun of something serious and very sad all of the time regardless i never knew him but

RIP Livecorpse

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-24 20:19:05

Ah, ok.

Well, there are two things you can do. You can click on the square looking things next to the selected channel (the kick or hihat for example).
OR
You can right click on the channel and click 'Piano roll'. From there you can add notes and make melodies.

I hope this answered your question.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-24 20:35:02

At 6/24/08 08:19 PM, TMM43 wrote: Ah, ok.

Well, there are two things you can do. You can click on the square looking things next to the selected channel (the kick or hihat for example).
OR
You can right click on the channel and click 'Piano roll'. From there you can add notes and make melodies.

I hope this answered your question.

Yes this is what I needed and thanks for the help.

RIP Livecorpse

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-25 17:19:25

How do i use vst or vsti plugins with fl studio? every time i click on fruity vsti or fruity vsti (multi) it says another instance of fl studios is already running?And when i try using direct wave the plugins don't shop up? what do i do?

To be great is to be misunderstood

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-25 18:38:23

At 6/25/08 05:19 PM, Redalert150 wrote: How do i use vst or vsti plugins with fl studio? every time i click on fruity vsti or fruity vsti (multi) it says another instance of fl studios is already running?And when i try using direct wave the plugins don't shop up? what do i do?

VSTi's are instrument plug-ins that you use with FL Studio. To add another one, you just have to go to "Channels > Add one" and select any one of the instruments such as x3osc, BooBass, and whatever else is there. VST's are effect plug-ins that you use in the mixer. To open up an effect in the mixer, you can click the icon at the top right that says "Mixer" when you put your mouse over it, or I belive you can push F9. Then click on the little arrow on the right of the new window that comes up, and click on "Add one" and select any of the effects you want to use.

If you want to apply effects on only one instrument, click on the instrument you want to use, and in the top right corner of the window you should see "- -". You can set that to "1" by clicking on it and dragging up a bit. Then go to the Mixer, and go to "Channel 1" (I think that's what the default name is). Then the effects you put in that "Channel 1" slot will only effect the instruments with the "1" in their instrument window. You can continue doing this by setting 2, 3, 4 and so on.

I'm not 100% sure on what Fruity VSTi is or how to use DirectWave plug-ins because I never use them, so I can't really help you with that.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-25 18:50:35

Thank alot :3

To be great is to be misunderstood

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-25 21:06:23

Ok I have another question here is there a way to input into fl different effects then the ones that just come with it

RIP Livecorpse

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-06-25 22:41:34

At 6/25/08 09:06 PM, pidgeonx wrote: Ok I have another question here is there a way to input into fl different effects then the ones that just come with it

When you go to add an effect into your mixer channel you hit "More....." and then select the new VST you added.

To add the VST from third party companies just go into your FL folder find Plugins and put the .dll or w/e there. When adding hit the refresh button and it should appear.