00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

661,791 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-10-18 18:17:50

And also, is there some kind of way to increase the size of the channels?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-10-19 06:31:45

How to automate in FL with Reason ReWired into it, I hate Reason's automation and can't get any effects on it unless I put it on the master channel.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-01 22:12:40

Ok. I don't really feel like reading 60 pages of posts at the moment.

I use FL 6. I'm not terrible skilled with it but I know my way around most of the program. One thing I have no clue on is the Mixer. I royally borked a song back a few months ago and I've been afraid to even touch the mixer since then.

Anyone have any tips about it?

Dragons must fly/while thread is in the sky!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-02 00:57:20

At 11/1/07 10:12 PM, Bobthethurd wrote: Ok. I don't really feel like reading 60 pages of posts at the moment.

I use FL 6. I'm not terrible skilled with it but I know my way around most of the program. One thing I have no clue on is the Mixer. I royally borked a song back a few months ago and I've been afraid to even touch the mixer since then.

Anyone have any tips about it?

Mixer is the stuff that make some nice effect to ur loop.
When you select a plugin,there is a FX stuff on the top bar and select the number of channel you want to put into the mixer.
Then,go the mixer there select the channel that u choose and choose some effect such as Fruity Chorus, Fruity Phaser,Parametric EQ...etc...etc...

I am a newbie on FL too...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-02 13:15:45

Yeah my problem was that the mixer apparently records what you do to the volume slider and it completely destroyed hours of my work. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off and it was changing the volume of one of the lead channels. I've just been afraid to even open the panel since then.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-03 01:27:52

At 11/2/07 01:15 PM, Bobthethurd wrote: Yeah my problem was that the mixer apparently records what you do to the volume slider and it completely destroyed hours of my work. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off and it was changing the volume of one of the lead channels. I've just been afraid to even open the panel since then.

Right click on the slider thats moving around when you dont want it to, hit edit events, then select all (ctrl+a) then delete the automation.

If theres nothing in here, then its been linked to an automation controller, like a formula controller or a peek controller or something, If this is the case then when you click click on the cross phaser then click 'link to controller, Click the 'Reset' button, then the 'Accept'.

Its also possible you have an automation clip in your play list that will be named something like "3x Osc - Channel volume envelope" Deleting this automation clip will also fix the problem.

Hope this helps :)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-04 18:13:25

I think it will help a LOAD, actually.

Thanks.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-05 02:05:27

I just got FL studio and checked a couple tutorials and I'm not sure how to put in a longer note.
like a note for 4 beats then it continues as a single beat note...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-05 13:46:26

At 11/5/07 02:05 AM, Ertyguy wrote: I just got FL studio and checked a couple tutorials and I'm not sure how to put in a longer note.

I kept wworking on the problem and i found that when in piano roll if I make a short note it's normal length and if i make it long it's normal length. Why won't the note's lengths be as long as the bar.

Also when in pencil mode it makes like 7 notes on different keys (i don't know what i did)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-05 14:06:07

you can stretch a note to however long you want, if you want you can also double click a note to tell it how long you want it to play. Then it'll play for forever and a half if you want it to.

As for when in pencil mode it writing like 7 notes, chances are you're telling it to write chords? Right click on the piano roll twice, and unclick the chord section *I think thats how it is, havn't used that option in a year now*

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-05 14:31:34

At 11/5/07 02:06 PM, MaestroRage wrote: you can stretch a note to however long you want, if you want you can also double click a note to tell it how long you want it to play. Then it'll play for forever and a half if you want it to.

As for when in pencil mode it writing like 7 notes, chances are you're telling it to write chords? Right click on the piano roll twice, and unclick the chord section *I think thats how it is, havn't used that option in a year now*

The pencil chords worked but as for how long the note is it's kinda weird. I only make it 1/4 of the whole sequencer but it plays the whole time and the note is longer so it over laps too and sounds really crappy.

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-06 09:32:31

At 11/5/07 02:31 PM, Ertyguy wrote:
At 11/5/07 02:06 PM, MaestroRage wrote: you can stretch a note to however long you want, if you want you can also double click a note to tell it how long you want it to play. Then it'll play for forever and a half if you want it to.

The pencil chords worked but as for how long the note is it's kinda weird. I only make it 1/4 of the whole sequencer but it plays the whole time and the note is longer so it over laps too and sounds really crappy.

Go into the sampler channel of the sound you're using, and disable loop points. If you want it to loop, but not to go on when the midi note is released, don't disable loop points but turn the "CRF" knob, and adjust it to suit the loop you wish to create. the CRF knob is useful for sampled instruments, or for looping the open hihat so that you can control where it stops. (what i do, at least.)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-07 20:25:32

FL studio is sooo aggravating. I have yet to uncover it's secrets. D: I made a shitty 30-second piece after an hour. I need help. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-11 12:16:19

I need a good way to make a trance bass. I can use the 3xosc but my basses are always crap. HELPUH..

and any other techniques with other vsts would help too :]

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-11 12:29:08

At 11/11/07 12:16 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: I need a good way to make a trance bass. I can use the 3xosc but my basses are always crap. HELPUH..

and any other techniques with other vsts would help too :]

VENGEANCE ESSENTIAL CRAPSOUNDS LOL

For real, they come with off beat bassez

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-11 12:30:24

VENGEANCE ESSENTIAL CRAPSOUNDS LOL

For real, they come with off beat bassez

Linky or I disbelieve joo.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-11 13:08:40

Where belief falls short, google delivers.
http://www.vengeance-sound.de/eng/Detail sVEC1.html

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-12 17:01:20

For some reason my piano roll all of the sudden, when i play it, theres no sound unless i click on one of the key? whats wrong? did i press something?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 12:02:40

hi, i'm looking for a sample called "cheezpiano", can you please show where i can find it?Thanks a lot

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 14:50:44

How do I copy and paste?
Im sick of doing every note by hand

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 21:49:54

At 11/13/07 02:50 PM, Sugarjunkie wrote: How do I copy and paste?
Im sick of doing every note by hand

use the select tool. in the piano roll, the top left hand side, you have your tools. Choose the select tool, select the notes you want, hit cntrl+c to copy then cntrl+v to paste. Move the notes where you want them.

samplegod.com - samples and loops to fit any budget.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 21:56:37

At 11/12/07 05:01 PM, FlashMaker06 wrote: For some reason my piano roll all of the sudden, when i play it, theres no sound unless i click on one of the key? whats wrong? did i press something?

can you elaborate? it may be that your velocity is down. Meaning, you may have drawn the velocity down on a note and then from that point, FL copies the note properties to the next note until you change them. Make sure your velocity (the little vertical lines at the bottom of the piano roll) are up. If not, click toward the bottom of the screen under each note to draw them back up.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 21:58:51

At 11/7/07 08:25 PM, Flatland wrote: FL studio is sooo aggravating. I have yet to uncover it's secrets. D: I made a shitty 30-second piece after an hour. I need help. lol

take your time and be patient. I've used FL for many years and still have things to learn. Practice, practice, practice...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 22:03:35

At 11/5/07 02:31 PM, Ertyguy wrote:

try selecting the "none" option in the snap selector...this will allow you to scale your notes to exactly the length you want instead of 1/2 step, 1/4 step, line, etc. Keep in mind, when using this, the lines you draw will no longer auto quatize, so when your done drawing the notes, you may want to set the snap selector back on "line" and then right click twice in the piano roll area and choose tools and then quick quantize.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 22:13:16

ZOMG teh fabled quadruple post! Its totally kewl... Uhh, question here I guess.

Is there a way to automate the time stretching of a loop put into the slicer? I tried clicking on the "beats" but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-13 23:25:00

At 11/5/07 01:46 PM, Ertyguy wrote:
At 11/5/07 02:05 AM, Ertyguy wrote: I just got FL studio and checked a couple tutorials and I'm not sure how to put in a longer note.
I kept wworking on the problem and i found that when in piano roll if I make a short note it's normal length and if i make it long it's normal length. Why won't the note's lengths be as long as the bar.

Also when in pencil mode it makes like 7 notes on different keys (i don't know what i did)

keep in mind that if you're using a sample, it's going to play all the way through no matter what unless you choose the "cut itself" option. This will stop the sample from playing through each time.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-17 02:09:09

At 4/11/05 05:07 PM, Crazy-Train wrote:
At 4/11/05 10:19 AM, Yoow wrote: Can you link me some tutorials please?
kthxbai.
that would help me too. being new everything I come up with is to strait-forward(listen to my only three songs and you'll see what I mean) there ok but I wanna be good. I tried the tutorials in the program but that pissed me off. Hard to read and annoying. If there is a sight that has you go step by step and shows me by having me do it would be great. Thanks so much for your help and for making the most needed thread

LOL...damn, i got like one song thats under 3mb...all others range from 4mb to almost 9mb...boy oh boy...also i have a question i need to ask b4 i forget...is it possible to convert mp3 files into .flp files? i know u can convert the .flp files into mp3 and wav and so on (for those of u that dont know how to do so, go to file, then export, then click export as mp3 or wav or midi, i click mp3 always because they are much smaller than wav files...anyway, when the rendering option box pops up click start), but my problem is, i wasnt able to save some of my song/loop patterns when i rendered them cuz i was using the demo version soooo i need to know if theres a way to unrender them lol i need to change a few of them due to a few points where my timing was off and the hook comes in sooner or its late...lol i never use the metronome...my timing is near perfect, its just that the newer versions of fruity loops dont automaticaly line it up with the lines on the playlist screen...does anyone know how to fix these two problems...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-17 02:09:09

At 4/11/05 05:07 PM, Crazy-Train wrote:
At 4/11/05 10:19 AM, Yoow wrote: Can you link me some tutorials please?
kthxbai.
that would help me too. being new everything I come up with is to strait-forward(listen to my only three songs and you'll see what I mean) there ok but I wanna be good. I tried the tutorials in the program but that pissed me off. Hard to read and annoying. If there is a sight that has you go step by step and shows me by having me do it would be great. Thanks so much for your help and for making the most needed thread

LOL...damn, i got like one song thats under 3mb...all others range from 4mb to almost 9mb...boy oh boy...also i have a question i need to ask b4 i forget...is it possible to convert mp3 files into .flp files? i know u can convert the .flp files into mp3 and wav and so on (for those of u that dont know how to do so, go to file, then export, then click export as mp3 or wav or midi, i click mp3 always because they are much smaller than wav files...anyway, when the rendering option box pops up click start), but my problem is, i wasnt able to save some of my song/loop patterns when i rendered them cuz i was using the demo version soooo i need to know if theres a way to unrender them lol i need to change a few of them due to a few points where my timing was off and the hook comes in sooner or its late...lol i never use the metronome...my timing is near perfect, its just that the newer versions of fruity loops dont automaticaly line it up with the lines on the playlist screen...does anyone know how to fix these two problems...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-17 12:15:13

Hey, i've just downloaded a demo for Fruity Loops and i'm getting a lot of trouble making decent beats... i play the piano and I wonder if i can connect it to the computer and play it inserting the keys directly onto the beat...
did i mande miself clear? :S
oh and Fruity Loops can change the timber, or timbre of what i'm playng in my keyboard... in real time?

BTW my keyboard is a Yamaha PSR 295 from 2006 and it has a usb in/out

DJ Chronosphere since 2009

Check my Loops!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-11-18 17:09:58

Well.... How do I get started?